The Time Traveler

By lxwxtx

Rose Cameron was an 18 year old girl who never had anything too normal in her life. Since she was just a girl... More

Chapter 1: WHO ARE YOU?!?
Chapter 2: I'm not delusional.
Chapter 3: Damn you Paul.
Chapter 4: Everything's going to be fine.
Chapter 5: Thank you so much.
Chapter 6: The one with the curly hair?
Chapter 7: Maybe this won't be so bad.
Chapter 8: It's nice you've found each other.
Chapter 9: Something was definitely wrong here.
Chapter 10: You're the first real kiss I've ever had.
Chapter 11: Sleep tight, Harry.
Chapter 12: I don't fancy any girl right now.
Chapter 13: When you really love someone you learn new things everyday.
Chapter 14: I won't let go.
Chapter 15: I don't know, I ship us.
Chapter 16: I'm just glad we're at least friends.
Chapter 17: Was this becoming a thing?
Chapter 18: Get out.
Chapter 19: Ugh!
20: ROSE, WATCH OUT!
Chapter 21: Be considerate, Harry.
Chapter 23: We have all the time in the world.
Chapter 24: Graduation.
EPILOGUE: The Time Traveler
**IMPORTANT**

Chapter 22: Just push the call button.

265 3 0
By lxwxtx

Hellooo! So today is your lucky day because this is the seoncd chapter we've posted today.

Things are getting a bit weird.

Suspense...

SO here's chapter 22! Enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's P.O.V.

Getting into Rose's house was easy enough. Her parent's might have been genious's but they still keep a spare key under the door mat. I took the liberty into letting myself into their house, I was saving Rose's life after all.

Or at least I was about to attempt to.

I looked around the house I stood in the foyer, looking at the family pictures, hanging on the wall. It was a comfortable home. The house wasn't too small, too luxurious, or too big. It smelled of Rose's clothes, a scent I recognized all to well.

I breathed in the familiar scent, and if so much wasn't going on, it was likely that I would have smiled.

I made my way through the kitchen, and to the basement. I figured no one was home, and I went down the steps. I wandered around the room, reaching my arms out, careful not to bump into anything. It was pitch black, and I couldn't find a lightswitch. Time was running out and here I was trying to find a lightswitch in a dark laboratory. Reaching my arms out wasn't the best idea, because I ended knocking something over. The hollow crash rang, and I realized the sound was an empty can of soda. Thank goodness.

I continued my search,  and then I heard something. I froze, and listened carefully. They sounded like steps coming down the staircase from the second floor of the house.

"Rose?" A voice called. It was unfamiliar, but knowing the voice was calling out Rose's name, it gave me security that I wasn't going to be int too much trouble if I got caught down here.

"Rose? Mom? Dad?" She called. I heard the footsteps coming closer.

I froze. Refusing to make a sound. What was I going to do? I couldn't just wait until she left. And I didn't expect the time machine to be as quiet as a mouse.

I heard the footsteps stop, and then I heard the voice curse.

At the same time, I cursed myself. Before I could find a place to hide, I saw the light creep in from upstairs and peer into the dark basement. I saw footsteps slowly come down the steps, but it was still too dark to see a face, even a figure really.

Before I knew it, I saw heard a click about 4 feet in front of me. Instantly the light went on, and a small figure stood before me.

Holding a bat. She was about 5'3, shorter than most teens, but you could tell by the curves in her hips, she was definitely no younger than 16. Younger girls were never really what I looked for, but I guess a guy could make an exception for her.

She was nothing compared to Rose, but you could tell they were related.

She was small, with long brown waves, the color of chocolate. Her eyes, brown as well, but with a golden tone, almost like honey.

I wondered how I was able to take in her appearance so vividly, but then I realized we had been staring at each other for at least 10 seconds. I didn't know what to do until she set the bat down. She didn't let go of it.

"I'm Harry." Was all I said.

She stared at me. She came closer, and lifted the bat. She pointed the pat at me, and poked my chest. She seemed shocked, and her facial expressions were almost entertaining to watch. She let go of the bat and came closer. She put her hand out, and stroked my face.

She took a step back.

"Um." I began.

"Shhh." She closed her eyes and shook her head.

"I-"

"You know this is really inappropriate. I mean-"

"What?" I asked.

She was whispering. "I'm Rose's cousin. You shouldn't just come and try to make a move on me while she's at the grocery store. I know I'm like way hotter than she is-" She looked around. "Don't tell her I said that."

"Sofia."

"You know my name. Great. But Harry listen, Rose is for you. Not me. I'm sorry this just won't work out."

I took a step back. "Listen, uh..." I scratched the back of my head.

"You're way more gorgeous in person. Everyone on Twitter says-"

"Twitter?" I asked.

"What?" She said.

"You just said 'Twitter'."

"No, I did not just say 'Twittah'." She shook her head.

"Well, um, nice to meet you. Look, Rose is in trouble and I came here to travel."

"With the time machine?" She asked. "Wait, what happened to Rose?"

"She got into an accident."

"Like a car accident?"

"Right."

"Oh gosh-" She facepalmed.

"She's going to be okay. I'm going to save her... and I'm going to fix things."

"Harry, you don't know how to use the machine."

"Do you?"

"Kinda. I mean, I've never traveled but-"

"I need your help."

She crossed her arms.

"Oh, Harry." She sighed. "I'll help you. But if you die, it'll be my fault."

"I won't die-"

"Are you sure?"

"Sure." I lied.

"Well..." She sighed once again. "I guess time's running out."

She turned towards the machine, and starting punching a whole bunch of numbers into a computer nearby "the machine". I remember Rose had shown me it, and it was just a cell phone.

I stood behind her. "You sure seem how to work this pretty well."

"I do. Dad trained me but-"

"But what?"

"I just think the whole 'my-hair-used-to-be-two-decimeters-longer-than-it-was-before-I-traveled-thing' is really trippy."

"Ah." I said.

She continued to type. "Well, I set it to 3 hours before now, so you won't be too far back. Which is enough time, I'm guessing. Just make sure if you end up driving to NOT CRASH." She said.

"Okay."

"You're ready to go." She handed my the time machine.

"Thanks." I said, looking at the phone.

Then I looked up at her.

I put my arms around her and gave her a friendly hug. She hugged me back.

Once I let go, she had an ear-to-ear grin on her face.

"What?" I asked.

"I just-" She had one of the calmest voices I had ever heard. It wasn't boring, but it was somewhat reassuring..... and sarcastic. "I'm having a really hard time taking this all in right now. So can we just-"

She stopped, and bit her lip. "Can we just take a moment?"

.....

..........

...............

....................

I eyed her, and she seemed to be breathing in through her nose, and breathing out through her mouth.

Was she okay?

"I'm sorry." She said.

"You okay?" I asked.

"I'm good."

Sofia was probably one of the strangest, random, and most unique people I had ever met, but she was likable.

"You should go now." She said. I looked at the time.

It had been an hour since the crash.

"I gotta go. Yeah. Thanks so much for your help, Sofia."

"Anyday, Harry." She smiled.

"So I just-"

"Just push the call button."

And with the pressure of my finger, I pressed the button.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:O Harry's going back to save Rose!!! But where is he going? More importantly WHEN is he going...? You'll find out soon. :)

Hope you're enjoying this story as much as we enjoy making it!

Comment. Vote. Tell us what you think!

Til' next chapter!

-Britney. xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295K 7.4K 106
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #1- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
4M 86.5K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
78K 3.3K 176
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
114K 5K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...