GHOST CABIN ☆ EARTHMIX AU

By scorpiostarlight

Legend says that ghosts can be brought back to life if they find someone who will truly love them. But who wo... More

author's intro
starring
Prologue: the late summer night 1965
Part one: forever
Part two: serial killers & ghosts
Part three: ghost cabin
Part four: worth the death
Part five: promise for life
Part six: diary
Part seven: change of mind
Part eight: butterfly effect
Part nine: lake time
Part ten: punch a ghost
Part eleven: nature, philosophy, and animals
Part twelve: a blur of life
Part thirteen: nightmare
Part fourteen: ...ever again
Part fifteen: what's my age again?
Part sixteen: wild imagination
Part seventeen: old times
Part eighteen: the crossroads
Part nineteen: ...everything has changed
Part twenty: duty calls
Part twenty-one: watching you sleep
Part twenty-two: my hope
Part twenty-three: almost I love you
Part twenty-four: friendly chat with the bear
Part twenty-five: i want to
Part twenty-six: lonely wolf
Part twenty-seven: a second chance
Part twenty-eight: too much to handle
Part thirty: a touch of a feather
Part thirty-one: everything was blurry
Part thirty-two: thank you
Part thirty-three: mission snowmen
Part thirty-four: warmth
Part thirty-five: the blushing game
Part thirty-six: there's a ghost in the cabin
Part thirty-seven: wedding, wedding, wedding...
Part thirty-eight: i can't leave him
Part thirty-nine: we might have a little problem
Part forty: experiment called love
Part forty-one: what's that floating thing in the air?
Part forty-two: the better part
Part forty-three: illusion
Part forty-four: a dream so beautiful...
Part forty-five: burning
Part forty-six: always
Part forty-seven: the necklace
Part forty-eight: fool in love
Part forty-nine: problem on the rise
Part fifty: the earthquake
Part fifty-one: tear of a heart
part fifty-two: the betrayal
part fifty-three: everything crumbles down
part fifty-four: hopeless
Part fifty-five: the goodbye pain
part fifty-six: the blood - over a half a century old
part fifty-seven: beating heart
part fifty-eight: the chicken emergency
part fifty-nine: the evil queen is not invited
Part sixty: the new year's kiss
Part sixty-one: his personal world
Part sixty-two: the rest of our lives
Part sixty-three: that someone
Epilogue: promise kept

Part twenty-nine: free fall

903 75 31
By scorpiostarlight

"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets."

- Arthur Miller

"So I've been thinking —" Mix started as he was walking down the stairs the next morning.

"Wow, that's a strong statement from you so early in the morning," Earth interrupted, already in the kitchen, making coffee for his sleepy angel.

Mix stopped with his foot in the air, about to step down on another step, "excuse me?"

"Oh, you are excused everything, angel," Earth grinned.

Mix rolled his eyes, resuming his walk down the stairs, "so as I was saying — I've been thinking...I want to go climbing. Is there a place somewhere close that we can go?"

Earth put the freshly brewed coffee in front of Mix, his face serious, "Yes, but no."

"Huh?"

"There is a place but you are definitely not about to climb it in November."

"Oh come on, why not? I'm great at climbing. For years I was a member of the climbing club. I'm almost like a professional."

Earth didn't look like Mix's words convinced him at all, if anything, his face got sharper out of nowhere. "Mix I said no! I don't want to be telling you what you can and cannot but this is a hard no. I'm sorry."

"But why? I told you I'm good at it. You don't need to worry," Mix was getting frustrated. A small climb won't kill anyone.

"If for nothing else then for the fact that it was raining during the night. It will be dangerous. The rocks can be slippery. What if something happens to you?" Earth immediately closed his eyes, shaking his head. Just thought of something happening to Mix was against his whole existence.

"Nothing will happen to me. I promise I'll be extra careful. Please, Earth...honey..." Mix pouted his big pretty eyes begging Earth to say 'yes.'

Earth sighed, "pet names won't work right now, Mix. Nor your puppy eyes."

"Okay, fine. I will go alone. I'm sure sheriff LeBlanc knows some good climbing places around here." Mix said, taking the sip from his coffee and moving past Earth to get something for breakfast.

Earth stood right behind Mix, so close that Mix could almost feel Earth's body, almost. Earth leaned to Mix's ear whispering, "I'm not sure now if you are an angel or the devil now."

Mix turned towards Earth, their faces so close, "I can be both."

A small laugh erupted from Earth, he ran his hand through his hair, "you will go no matter what, won't you?"

Mix nodded, "I will."

"Fine, you won. But, I'm taking you to the least dangerous climbing rock we have around here."

"Okay," Mix said and with a satisfied smile took the first bite of banana he found laying on the kitchen counter.

"Why did you even suddenly get this idea?" Earth asked, leaning on the counter his hands crossed on his chest.

Mix shrugged, "I don't know. It was the first thing on my mind when I woke up and now I really want to go."

"So you mean to tell me that I wasn't the first thing on your mind when you woke up?" Earth fake-gasped, frowning. "When you are the first thing on my mind —"

"Don't say when you woke up — you don't sleep," Mix said with a challenging look.

"You are the first thing on my mind all the time," Earth finished his thought, winking.

"Oh, yeah, okay..." Mix turned away from Earth, taking another sip of the coffee, trying to hide his blushing face. He bit his lip, why the fuck are you blushing at such a cheesy line. Get it together, geez!

Earth leaned over Mix's shoulder, and for a second Mix had a feeling that their bodies touched, but that feeling disappeared in a blink of an eye, not leaving any space for Mix to linger on it. "Are we blushing?" Earth asked with a teasing tone.

"No," Mix stepped further away from Earth, "I'm not."

Earth reappeared this time in front of Mix, making Mix jump a little. "You are blushing."

"Will that regeneration also stop your ability to just appear and disappear out of nowhere? Because that would be great," Mix retorted.

"Yes it will, but not yet. Anyway, don't run away from the topic; you look pretty when you blush."

Mix looked at Earth, who was smiling like a ray of sunshine, enjoying Mix's blushing face. "Just so you wait, one day I will make you blush so hard you'll be red like a tomato."

Earth's heartfelt laughter resounded through the cabin, he loved Mix so much. "I want to see you try. You can't make ghost blush."

"Ghost not, but once you are alive, you better be careful. You don't know when I'm going to strike," Mix smirked.

"I would really love to see what you can do to make me blush."

"Oh honey, just pray that my imagination won't get too wild," Mix winked, chucked down the last bit of coffee, and ran upstairs to get ready for the climbing.

"I would worry more about my imagination," Earth mumbled under his breath as he stayed alone in the kitchen.

If Earth would be honest, he was getting a tiny bit impatient. He just really wanted to run his fingers through that raven silky hair and touch the tender skin of his angel. Even simple hand-holding would be enough for the moment.

But there was nothing he could do, only hope that it won't last much longer.

.....

"It isn't as big as I was hoping for," Mix said.

"What do you mean? It's big enough for you, for sure."

"I'm only accepting this because you are the one showing it to me," Mix said, eyeing the, according to Earth, big enough climbing rock in front of them.

"It's around six meters. That's more than enough for you now in November." Earth said, clearly not excited about this whole thing.

"I used to do six meters when I was a child."

Earth shrugged, "well you'll turn into a child for a while."

Mix looked at Earth, seeing that Earth was tense. Well, as tense as a ghostly body could actually be. His jaw was clenched and his eyes were throwing killer lasers on the big rock. Mix appreciated the fact that despite it clearly being against Earth's skin, he still ended up doing it for Mix. Mix felt a little bit guilty, seeing that Earth was really worried about him. But they were already there and Mix was truly missing climbing. Just one climb and they would go home.

The rock was tall and massive. The top of the rock looked almost like a cliff, curving the stone a little bit. Just enough if someone wanted to hide from the rain. There were many small holes in the rock that Mix could use as a place to hold himself or put his foot there for support. He didn't have a rope with himself or anything like that so the climb was going to be completely free; just how Mix liked it.

"There is a beautiful view from the top. You can see actually pretty far. It's not the tallest rock here but honestly, I'd say the view for some reason is better than from some much bigger rocks around here." Earth said with a small smile, excited to show Mix the view — almost as pretty as Mix himself.

"Uhmmm," Mix stepped in front of Earth, "did you bring me to this climbing rock because it is the least dangerous or because you want to show me the view."

"Why not both?" Earth smiled, looking back at the top of the rock, "please, be careful, Mix. I know it may look easy to you, but it's still dangerous."

"I'll be alright. Don't worry."

"Easier said than done," Earth chuckled. "Anyway, I'll continue worrying about you from up there. Alright? Will be watching you from the top."

Mix nodded, looking at the top of the rock, "alright. You can go, I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Mix."

Mix turned towards Earth, right before putting his foot in the first hole in the rock, "yeah?"

"I love you," Earth said, his eyes a little bit worried.

Mix couldn't stop a smile spreading all over his face, "I love you too."

.....

Earth was right, the rock was slippery in some places, but it was nothing that Mix couldn't work his way around. His foot slipped once or twice but he saved it before something major could happen, praying that Earth haven't noticed anything.

"You are doing great, angel. You are almost here," Earth shouted, laying on the edge of the rock, watching Mix skilfully climbing up towards him.

"Yup, just...a few...more seconds," Mix breathed out, carefully pushing himself up the rock.

"Okay, angel, you are here —"

"Fuck," Mix cursed, his foot slipped, making his body bend backwards. In the last second Mix grabbed hold of the rock, but it was dangerously slippery. Mix could feel his palm slipping from the place.

"Mix, what's —"

Mix was holding himself with the last ounce of strength he had. When he was climbing up he had realized that the higher he was the more slippery the surface of the rock was. He was making careful movements up, but clearly not careful enough. He was almost on the top which meant he was almost six meters above the ground, which was mostly rocks right under him. If he falls...

He was hanging in the air with only one hand at this point. His palm sweaty, he could feel his fingers giving up one by one. His breathing, heavy and fast. It was almost like his own breathing was dragging him down. No. He couldn't die. Not like this. Not before saving Earth.

As if from a great distance he could hear Earth's scared, desperate voice, begging him to hold on, to push himself just a little bit. Earth was up there waiting for him. So close. Yet so far away.

The last finger slipped from the rock.

Mix was falling.

To be continued...

P.S. Earth was right...climbing in November...NOT A GOOD IDEA

🔥- 1 CHAPTER to go🔥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 647 30
!! BOOK 1&2 !! when your mom died you stopped bonding with anyone, when Ghost saves your life on a mission you learned you did indeed make a worthy...
244 7 13
Kevin and his friend from elementary school, along with his other friends are just finishing up their sophomore year of high school. Relationships ar...
38.2K 1K 39
"You are the best person I've ever had in my life." "You're the best in mine." ~~ Allison's life is better than she could have asked for, consideri...