Before It's Too Late

Af EastCoastPinay

Avery trusted her heart to a man who promised her forever. When he betrays her trust, should she stay and reb... Mere

WARNING
AUTHOR's NOTE
BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE
DEDICATION
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
EPILOGUE
ENLIGHTENMENT||BONUS CHAPTERS
CHANGING THE NARRATIVE
TURNING THE PAGE
HEALING AND LETTING GO
TRUE LOVE IS NEVER LATE
SHELLY & ART

Chapter 35

10.6K 288 84
Af EastCoastPinay

AVERY STARTED MENTALLY LISTING the flaws of a man like Ethan James. It reminded her of one of her fears. Would there ever be someone better than David? Caressing her belly assured her once more. Her little bean would be better than anyone else. They would be better together. When her ride arrived, she looked around the park before walking toward the parking area. She might as well avoid the park. But how would she avoid Doctor Stella James?

Stella James would always remind her of one person. Ethan... No, Ella.

***

Ethan... Avery shook her head multiple times. No, Ella.

She whispered the two names to herself. It had been a few weeks since her embarrassing experience in the park. Every time she checked the fetal development chart in her baby book, she saw the face of Doctor Stella. Who then reminded her of the father and daughter. Then, as if Shelly had heard her thoughts, her phone started ringing. She didn't answer immediately. Instead, she video-called her best friend once she was inside her bedroom.

"Hello, stranger! I dreamt of you!" Shelly screamed.

"Good or bad dream?" Avery asked.

"It depends on how you're going to take it. But important announcement first!" Shelly's screaming was louder.

"You broke your orgasm record? Or you're pregnant too?" teased Avery.

"OMG, Avery! Where art thou, my meek and innocent friend? Since when have you been crude?"

Avery pouted. "I'm just stating the obvious! Your face is screaming; you just got fuck!"

Shelly brushed her fingers on her hair. "It's called making love!" Avery rolled her eyes at her. "Hold your breath for my announcement. Art and I are coming to Florida! We're attending a Dermatology Expo."

"That's triple OMG!" Avery exclaimed.

"I know, right?' Shelly nodded. "We will surely come and visit you guys. I'm taking your offer about us being welcome in your Palm Coast home anytime."

"Always Shells! You guys are family!" Avery covered her mouth.  "I'm so excited!"

Shelly waved her hand at her. "Shush! Now about my dream. It's about your destiny. I time-traveled to your future. I saw you meet your destiny in Florida, my dear Ave!" Shelly dramatically pointed her index fingers at her temples.

Avery laughed, watching her best friend doing her funny antic in front of her phone camera. They'd been best friends since grade school and could read each other like a book. Both had mastered the skill of reading between the lines. Aside from "Shelly the Intrusive" between them, Shelly was also the mind reader.

Shelly stopped. Her eyes grew like they were going to pop out. "Avery Jackson, spill! I know that look! What happened?"

"I met a girl, Ella. In the airport and the park outside my OB's clinic."

Shelly's mouth twitched, and her eyes sparkled teasingly at Avery. "Go on."

"I met her dad, too. He was nice." Avery looked away from the phone camera.

"And the dad was hot! So hot, he made your panty wet?! His heart's arrow hit yours." Shelly feigned an arrow striking her chest.

"Now you sound like a perv! Hot? Yes. Nice? Yes. Available? NO! So stop thinking like that!" Avery rolled her eyes.

"Thinking like what?" Avery's flushed face magnified Shelly's curiosity. She put her laptop on her arm. "What's his name?" Her fingers were on her keyboard, ready to type.

"Shells! No name! Stop your stalker mind! This isn't high school!" Avery yelled while grinning.

Shelly shook her head. "Er, NO! After what David did, I promised myself we would do what we should have done when you met that fuckhead the first time."

"And what would that be?" she asked.

"Vetting the ass of any man who will come your way! And I mean it!" Shelly exclaimed.

"Sorry to disappoint, but there's no reason to vet Ethan since he isn't available. Never in the world will I be like David's LA hoe!" Avery shook her head.

Shelly's eyes grew bigger. "So Ella's dad has a name." She typed on her laptop. "E-T-H-A-N, Palm Coast Florida."

Avery's face burned. "Shells, give up! You won't find him with just his first name. I could only imagine how many Ethans there are online." Avery found her best friend's curiosity unbelievably funny.

"Have you forgotten my greatest quality, Ave? I won't give up without a fight!" Shelly moved towards a table and placed her laptop on top of it. She grabbed a chair and sat with her legs placed on another chair. Her eyes and fingers never left the laptop keyboard.

"You won't give up, will you?" asked Avery.

"Nope! Now be an obedient girl and tell me Ethan's last name." She gave Avery puppy-dog eyes with her hands in prayer. "Ave, please! I only want to see his face. Promise!"

"Okay! Only to see his face, nothing else?"

Shelly nodded with a grin while Avery kept shaking her head. "He's married, Shells! He had a wedding band on his finger."

"Did he confirm it? Did you meet his wife? Did Ella say she has a mom?" Shelly's questions were in rapid succession.

"I think it's my OB. They have the same last name. Ella has her eyes. All their names rhyme. I saw them walk away, going to their family dinner." Avery's voice quivered.

Shelly paused, eyes on her best friend. She felt sadness, envy, and disappointment in Avery's voice. If she could give her the world, anyway she could, then she would. She cleared her throat. "Well, Ethan or any other men you're going to meet, married or not, wouldn't matter. It's not a sin to admire hot men, desirable men. They add spice to women's lives. It's not like you would tempt them if they're in a relationship. It's just like when we were in high school. We stalk good-looking guys and admire them from afar." Avery nodded. "I guess you're right. It's not like I will see him again, anyway."

"Honestly, Ave, hearing you find a man other than David attractive and hot is a joy to my ears. I'm ecstatic you can now see other people and admire other men."

"Yeah. I find it amusing too. I guess the Florida air is doing me good." Avery smiled.

"You're doing better. Believe me. Everything will be better for you and the baby."

"With you always behind me, I'm sure it will be, Shells. Love you!"

"Love you back, Ave!" She blew Avery kisses. I need to go. I have a patient in an hour. I'll call you once we have our final travel details. By the way, what's your OB's name?"

"Uhm... Stella James." Avery's forehead was crinkled. "Why?"

"No reason. I need to go. Bye!" Shelly wrote on a piece of paper and hung up.

Avery was dumbfounded. Just like that, Shelly got the information from her, no sweat. Knowing her best friend's intrusiveness and Art's IT knacks, finding everything about Ethan would become the couple's major project.

She wouldn't be surprised if Shelly called her back with Ethan's portfolio in a day or two. Knowing that Doctor Stella was married to Ethan dampened her mood. Why did she choose her from all the OB-Gyne names on her list? She felt anxious, realizing she would see the doctor for another prenatal visit in a week.

Had it not been for Ella's captivating hot dad, Avery thought Doctor Stella could have been her Shelly, Florida version. The doctor was so warm, welcoming, and sincere. She'd make an awkward scene in the park. Would the doctor still want to be her friend after that? Her gaze at Ethan, the touch, and her crimson face. How would she face the doctor again?

It wasn't like she'd made a pass on her husband... Had she?

Suddenly Avery felt embarrassed imagining what had transpired in the park. She hid her face under her pillow. She felt blameworthy, thinking Doctor Stella might have seen her gaze at Ethan while gripping his hand.

She was reminded of the woman in LA. Didn't they feel guilty while doing what they did? Did the lady feel remorseful after knowing she existed in David's life? If Shelly could hear her questions, she would get a resounding NO.

Heck no! After everything that happened, why would she even ask questions with obvious answers? When would she stop thinking about David?

As though telepathic, on cue, her phone chimed. David's name flashed with a text message. Speaking of the devil.

David: My Ave, I'm leaving for Africa today. I love you and our baby. I always will. Whatever you need, please let me know anytime. I made changes in my will. Whatever happens to me, everything I have is yours. Take care of yourself and our baby. I will always be here for you both. I pray that one day you'll find it in your heart to forgive me. Always yours, D.

Avery read the message over and over. Her tears fell. In her mind, she believed she had already forgiven David. But her heart felt different. Deep inside, she was in pain, grieving. Uncertainty was still clouding her. She's trying so hard to let go so she can move on. Letting go hurt, and moving on was the hardest part. Would she ever get over him?

She wiped her tears while contemplating if she should reply to him.

Shells: I sent you a zip file. Please check your email. ❤️

***

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

1.4M 45K 50
⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than her last breath. She was blinded, deafene...
50.2K 1.9K 47
✅ Complete ✅ When Campbell Kramer accepted a job offer in Manhattan, she never could've imagined what the city had in store for her. Namely, two hand...
498K 13.2K 39
What happens when you realise the man who owns your heart no longer treasures it? The man you fell in love with no longer exists? Do you stay? Or do...
31.4K 1.7K 27
|| Wattpad Featured || The Amby Awards Romance Winner ❤️ The perfect man just proposed and what was my answer? NO. Why? I'm too scared to get my hea...