Seven

By elletriestowrite

When Lily's university financial scholarship is revoked she explores a new avenue for income. A mutual frien... More

Info / Characters
Synopsis
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94 (Bonus Chapter)

Chapter 13

1.9K 80 32
By elletriestowrite

The rest of my shift is spent ignoring Seven and ignoring the hurtful ache in my chest. I allow myself a couple glances towards him here and there, regretting it immediately when I witness Destiny on his lap. Seven's hands are stretched out along the back of the seats so he doesn't touch her as she grinds down on his lap topless.

It's upsetting to watch so I don't let my eyes rest on them long. But every time I sneak a peek his eyes are always on me. I don't know how I feel about that. About how he still watches me while letting another woman move against him.

When my shift ends I leave the club in a drastically different mood than I had entered it. I think I hear Seven call out to me in the hallway out back, but I continue to stalk down the concrete corridor pretending I didn't hear him as I walk out to the car park. If he had called out to me, he doesn't follow or make another attempt for my attention.

Admitting to myself that I have begun to like Seven has made this situation very confusing for me. I'm not usually one to get jealous, I've never cared much if things ever worked out with a guy or not. So I don't understand why I'm feeling jealous towards Destiny, why I'm feeling this way over a guy I've barely touched let alone kissed. Not to mention that I don't even really know Seven.

I know he's dangerous, and not good for me and that this interest I have in him is probably derived by those same notions. The fact that I know I shouldn't want him makes me want him even more. He's mysterious, rude, absolutely maddening and enticingly handsome. He brings out an addicting electric feeling in me when I'm around him. And as much as I hate it right now, I've been feeding that addicting feeling with those small moments I'm alone with him.

But not anymore. I can't keep amusing myself with this situation. It's going to end up messy and I really need this job. I need to keep my distance from Seven.

When I do my shift at the liquor store on Thursday a shelf collapses and I'm left cleaning up hundreds of broken bottles for three and a half hours. I had wished I took this as the bad omen that was warning me about what was yet to happen later on once I'd begun my shift at the club. But I didn't. If I had know what was in store for me, I would've taken the night off.

Just like last night I made an effort with my appearance, doing my hair and make up but kept my clothing a little more casual. Opting for a t-shirt dress and my comfy strapped heels.

The club is busier than last night. When I walk in there's at least twenty people around the stage alone, many others are scattered through the venue in tables and when I meet Kitty at the bar she looks stressed.

"Lips thank god you're here. I was getting ready to bash a couple of these blokes over with my tray in a minute." She huffs and hands me the list of drinks she's collected so far.

"At least they're thirsty tonight." I comment, given last night was pretty dry and quiet for us both.

I don't know what's worse, being run off my feet with orders or contemplating about arranging the back wall of spirits into alphabetical order because I'm that bored. I think I prefer to be busy though, that way it's easier to ignore Seven.

I grab out some chilled cups and begin making drinks while Kitty tells me about a particularly handsy gentleman who's hands she's been dodging since he came in.

"Jesus Christ girl, could you juggle anymore bottles?" Kitty exclaims as she watches me pour four drinks with two bottles in each hand. It's a lot easier when the bottles have steady pourers on the lids. But I've definitely been stepping my bar tending game up as the days go by. I've even been watching a couple videos on tips and tricks that I've been practicing at home.

I laugh at Kitty's comment and slide over the made drinks onto her awaiting tray.

"There ya go!" I tell her.

"Next time I come back you're pouring us both a shot." Kitty dictates and I nod once in agreement before she takes her tray out to serve the customers their drinks. I'll pour her a shot, I won't have one since I'm driving.

I hack at the ice to loosen it up and restock some more glasses to chill in the freezer. I bring out a few new bottles of the spirits I know are running low on the back wall. One of the bottles is up quite high and I always struggle to reach it. I've made a mental note many times to eventually move it to sit on a lower shelf in place of one of the lesser used bottles so I don't have to struggle like this every time to get the thing down.

"Oh come here you little fuck." I mutter quietly and lean over further on to the back counter to grab the bottle. I have a feeling my arse might be hanging out the back of my shirt dress but hopefully no one is looking over this way.

"You little—" I begin muttering again.

"Here." A voice says behind me and my heart thumps.

"I'll get it." Seven speaks behind me so closely that I know he's behind the bar with me.

"I can get it." I insist still trying to reach for the damned bottle.

"I'm sure you can but I'll help." He reiterates and I feel his body press right against the back of mine as he leans up over me and grabs the bottle. I feel his hand simultaneously grab a fist of the material at the hem of my dress and pull it down roughly in an attempt to cover the exposed skin of my behind. My breath sticks in my throat at the feeling of Seven's knuckles brushing delicately across the skin of my upper thigh as he does so. His sweet cologne invades my senses and I close my eyes at the feeling of it all; his scent so close, the warmth of his body pressed against mine, his touch on my thigh. But as quickly as I appreciate it my eyes shoot open again as the more stable part of my brain reminds me of the promises I had just made to myself the night before.

Snap out of it Lily.

Seven leans back away from the bar shelf and away from my body as he holds out the liquor bottle for me to take from him.

"Thanks." I say appreciably for getting the bottle and pulling down my dress for me. I avoid his eye contact till I grab the bottle from him and he moves his hand at the last minute so I accidentally touch over his ring covered hand. I pull my hand away at the contact before reaching for it again to grasp the part of the neck he's not holding this time.

"No problem." Seven reassures me, his eyes darting between mine. I take the bottle and turn away from him. Not letting myself look at him for too long or else I know I'll be drawn right back in again.

"Listen, Lilianna I was hoping we could talk." Seven says quietly as he follows a foot behind me around the bar.

"Lily." I correct him for the hundredth time.

"And I don't think that's a good idea." I add.

"Why not?" Seven asks, I can hear the frown in his voice without having to look at him.

"Because I don't really want to talk to you. Unless it's about work." I clarify, busying myself around the bar so as to give the impression to Seven that I don't have the time to talk right now.

"Please, Lilianna." Seven asks again and I feel his hand brush against my elbow in an attempt to gain my attention. He's touching me a lot for someone who isn't meant to.

"No." I can't look at him otherwise I'll agree to anything he asks. He's standing so close beside me, his face lowered to try gain my focus.

"I'm sorry if I said something to upset you yesterday. I sometimes just don't know what the right thing to say to you is." He begins, his words sound rushed as they come out faster than usual.

"Seven." A voice I don't recognise demands his attention from over the counter and I watch through my peripheral vision as Seven visibly tenses and steps away from me quickly.

"Uncle Victor." Seven greets and my head shoots up at the name.

A middle aged man, dressed in a black suit is standing at the counter of the bar. He looks to be in his late forties, maybe early fifties from the grey peppered through his black hair and beard.

His small eyes are dark and have an empty look to them that sets my nerves high. There's something about his eyes, they're so dull-looking as if they don't reflect the light that gives people that lively shine to their eyes. His are missing that completely and it makes him look incredibly menacing.

"I didn't know you were coming in tonight." Seven says to his uncle.

"I felt like a drink. It's been a bad week." Victor says and my spine tingles. I couldn't imagine the chilling things that may have happened for Victor to have a bad week.

"Right." Seven nods. He keeps his words short with his uncle and this definitely doesn't seem like the usual uncle-nephew dynamic. They don't act very close like I imagine family would, especially for being the only two left of their family.

My stomach drops as those dark eyes turn and land on me. And I notice how Seven moves slightly to stand in front of me, blocking me from Victor's view.

"Who's this one? I haven't seen her here before." Victor comments, his words send adrenaline pumping through my blood.

"No one, just a new bartender." Seven dismisses me casually. I'd usually be hurt by a dismissal like that from Seven but I get the feeling he's protecting me from the dangerous man that's sending chills down my spine every time he talks.

"Let me get a look at her." Victor requests and I want to hide behind Seven even more.

Seven looks over his shoulder, down at me. His eyes meet mine and I know he can see my clear distress swimming in them. Seven's own eyes look at me with concern before he steps aside so I'm in full view for his uncle.

I glance at Victor, his dark eyes look me up and down quickly assessing me and my heart races.

"So is this why you've been hanging around the club so much these days?" Victor asks Seven and I'm relieved to have his eyes off of me. The guy is intimidating as fuck and he's not even doing anything.

Seven stays quiet, not denying his uncles claim but not confirming it either. When Seven doesn't answer Victor's eyes turn back on me.

"What's your name precious?" Victor says and the way he calls me precious makes my skin crawl.

"Lily." My voice sounds so pathetic but it's the best I can muster.

"Of course it is. A beautiful flower for a beautiful girl." Victor smiles, one of his front teeth is gold. His smile does not reach those dead eyes of his.

"Now why has my nephew got such a beautiful flower like you hidden behind a bar in a place like this?" Victor asks me before turning to smirk at Seven again. The look on Victor's face makes me feel very uneasy and I glance to Seven but he's just staring down at the bar, not looking at either of us as his jaw clenches.

"Come out from behind there little flower, let me get a good look at you." Victor says to me and I have to force my feet to move out of the bar area until I'm standing next to Victor on the other side. His dark eyes look over me again, all the way down to my feet before back to my face. I look over at Seven who is still staring at the bench of the bar, his eyes look furious but he stays completely silent.

"Very lovely." Victor comments and I feel sick from his compliment.

"Go out the back and see if any of the other girls have something else for you to change into." Victor instructs and my stomach drops.

What?

"No." Seven speaks finally, causing both Victor and I to snap our heads to look over at him. Seven's nostrils are flaring and he looks as if he's trying his best to keep calm.

"This little flower doesn't belong behind the bar." Victor claims.

"You'll make us a lot more money as a server." Victor nods to me and my heart beats behind my ears. I'm going to be a server?

"She can't." Seven disagrees, I catch the anxious tone in his voice.

"If she's a server we won't have anyone to run the bar." Seven points out and Victor waves a hand dismissing him while he still looks at me.

"We'll find one of the men to do it. Now go get changed little flower." Victor directs me.

"No! She's not going to be a server." Seven argues his voice angry now as he slams his hand down on the bench causing me to jump.

"She'll be whatever the fuck I tell her to be." Victor retaliates, his tone low and threatening as he glares at Seven.

"Don't mind my nephew, sweet flower. It seems he's forgotten his place." Victor directs his harsh tone at Seven.

"Go ask one of the girls for something a little less to wear. You're going to be a server from now on." Victor motions to the back for me and I glance once more at Seven who looks like he's barely holding together the enraged emotion inside of him, before leaving them both at the bar to walk out to the back.

I don't know what the fuck just happened then but I'm terrified of Victor and am happy to be out of his company. He's a very intimidating man and I don't like how uneasy he makes me feel.

Kitty interjects me as I walk across the floor.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" She asks me taking in my face. I must have the most bewildered look on my face right now.

"Uh, uh Victor wants me to be a server. I-I need to go find clothes to change into." I tell her and she glances behind me to the bar.

"Fuck I didn't know he'd be in. He never comes in here." Kitty grabs my shaky hand. I hadn't even realised I was shaking.

"Come with me. I've got some things you can borrow for tonight." She says leading me out to the back doors.

I'm led to a room off the back corridor that I've never been into before. It reminds me a lot like the changing rooms in gym class from my high school. Grey lockers surround the outskirts of the room with a wooden bench in the middle of it. The back wall has a mirror with lights around the frame and make up covers the desk in front of it. This is the changing room for the women who work the floors of the club.

Kitty pulls me in front of a grey locker and pushes me to sit on the bench, I'm currently useless to make my own movements so her help is appreciated. I can't wrap my head around what just happened; I met Seven's uncle Victor, as in the leader of the gang who operates this club, and he's just made me a server in the club, where I have to dress scantly like the rest of the women here, and Seven was not pleased about it at all.

Kitty unlocks the locker I assume is hers and pulls out a bag.

"What kind of underwear are you wearing at the moment?" She asks me, digging through her bag.

"What?" I pull myself from my thoughts to focus on what she's asking.

"Underwear. What do you have on?" She gestures to my lower region and an uncertain frown pulls my brows together.

"Um, just these." I pull my t-shirt dress up a little so she can peek at the plain black silk undies I have on.

"Perfect. Wear those under these." Kitty says and digs out a piece of completely see through meshed material that I realise is actually some underwear. They frill out at the sides and have little red roses embroidered over them in places. Attached to the ends of the delicate underwear are multiple straps.

I take the underwear from Kitty's hands and touch over the unusual straps.

"They clip around your thighs like a garter." Kitty explains.

"Here's the matching bra." Kitty pulls out a bra with the same black mesh and little red roses. I'm relieved to see the cups of the bra are covered and aren't see through like the rest of the outfit.

"If Victor says anything about your tits being covered just say this was the only thing that fit. It's your first night so it's probably best we don't put you in anything too crazy." Kitty says and I'm so thankful for her thoughtfulness. I'm definitely not ready to wear anything like she does, this little outfit is already enough to give me stage fright. I'm honestly shitting myself over this new position as a server. I was not prepared to come into work today and be asked to dress in underwear by a gang lord.

"I'll leave you to get dressed. I'll just be in the hall." Kitty shoves her bag back into her locker and gives me privacy to change.

I slip the underwear on overtop of my own and clip the straps around the tops of my thighs before slipping off my t-shirt dress and swapping my bra for the matching one from Kitty. I'm not sure where to put my bra and dress once I'm changed. I fold them up, tucking my bra into my dress before leaving them neatly on the bench.

I walk over to the lit mirror to look at myself. I rake my hands through my hair and mess it up a little to try make my appearance fit with the look of the lingerie. The outfit itself is very nice but no matter how nice it looks on me it doesn't help the pit in my stomach about having to walk out there wearing this in front of a bunch of men.

And Seven.

I take a deep breath, staring at myself in the mirror, mentally trying to hype myself up for this. Before forcing myself to walk out the changing room.

"Fucking hell Lips!" Kitty gushes when I meet her in the hallway.

"Do I look okay?" I ask her nervously and she shakes her head at me.

"You look fucking phenomenal." She grins at me and a smile creeps over my lips.

——————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 154 12
this is what a friend requested yes a friend definitely isn't an excuse don't ship them in real life this is a very gay story so if you are homopho...
3.4M 65.9K 102
The city's best hitman and a precious little flower meet at Le papillon blue, New York's most notorious strip club. An angel on his shoulder that hes...
259K 6.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
174K 4.3K 67
This is a story where you, (Y/N) or the reader, decides to visit your grandfather's workshop because of your interest in animating. In the story, you...