Conqueror of the Sixth Path

By ArtemAV0

The universe is permeated by millions and billions of threads, connecting in 6 paths of human development. Bu... More

Chapter 1: Loss.
Chapter 2: The Search.
Chapter 3: The End?
Chapter 4: Which is Better: a Fake Problem or a Real Lie?
Chapter 5: The Spy.
Chapter 6: Escape.
Chapter 7: Chance
Chapter 8: Assault or Sleep?
Chapter 9: Hike.
Chapter 10: Finally.
Chapter 11: New Loss.
Chapter 12: Who is your real barrier: forest or love?
Chapter 13: The Settlement of Revelation.
Chapter 14: Lives at stake.
Chapter 15: Listen to Dreams.
Chapter 17: The Stranger
Chapter 18: Reasoning.
Chapter 19: Oblivion.
Chapter 20: Temple of Pain
Chapter 21: Remnants of the Past
Chapter 22: An Unfriendly Greetings.
Chapter 23: Welcome.
Chapter 24: New acquaintances and new secrets.
Chapter 25: Gray Canvas
Chapter 26: The Night Will Be Hot.
Chapter 27: What Was Before?
Chapter 28: Time is running out.
Chapter 29: Black Moon: Allies
Chapter 30: Black Moon: Tension.

Chapter 16: What Happened That Night?

1 0 0
By ArtemAV0

  Ethan helps to remember the consequences of that ill-fated night.

- Gella...our Adam... he...

After his words, you felt bad. It's not like you couldn't listen to him to the end because of the assumptions that you started building in your head.

Ethan hesitated.

Having gained strength, he continued:

- How are you feeling?

- Ethan! "you said his name with your teeth bared.

"..." he sighed. - Answer me.

- I feel great!

- Come on...

Ethan held out his hand to you so that you could get up from the bunk. Accepting his gesture, you left the infirmary.

***

When you went outside, you already met a completely different landscape. Not like he was in the village.

- Where are we? Turning to Ethan, you asked.

"We are in the lands of Vintus.

You looked at the man with a shocking look.

- Where?! How are we?...

***

!The actions take place on behalf of Ethan.

When you were approaching Hella, everything froze. Time has stopped. Stopped for everyone but you. Apparently, because of this, that your magic is an illusion...Most likely. You couldn't find any other explanations.

You saw dark clouds that began to swirl around the girl, and someone's silhouette. You've sped up.

BANG!

- Ah! - you twitched. - * What the hell?*

A bright light illuminated the darkness.

Lightning.

"A-A-A-A-A!" shouted Adam.

- * Oh, my God.*

From your speed, the ground began to loosen, and gradually you began to fall under it.

- * Not now-a-a-as-s!*

You were drowning in the soil.

The clouds thickened more and more.

You looked up.

- * What are they talking about?*

- N-e-e-t! - shouted a man's voice not far from you. "Don't do this, Hella!

- * Adam?*, - Adam! Where are you? - you started rowing with your hands on the ground, trying to get out of the mud.

Without lowering your head, you continued to look at Hella and...

- * Who is next to her?*

The girl and the Stranger were talking about something. Then Gella fell silent, began to approach the Stranger closer and closer...

- * What is she doing?*

- Hella, stop! - you shouted.

There's dirt in your mouth.

- Ugh. - you grimaced.

Gella stopped.

- * Phew...*

Flash.

- Eyes! - you closed your eyes.

BAM!

You heard something fall to the ground.

- * Your mother!*, - Ah!

You put your finger to your temples to be able to get out of here by impulses.

- * Almost...*

BAM!

The power of the earth helped you completely get out of the soil.

You ran to Hella.

"Not that...

Kneeling down in front of her body, you started shaking her.

- Come on! Come to your senses!

It didn't help.

Rubbing your hands, you gave a couple of slaps in the face.

- ... - Hella did not come to her senses.

Sighing, you sank down to the girl and pressed your ear to her chest to hear the heartbeat.

- * Beats.*

You picked up the girl in your arms and trudged back to the village, but only now you noticed that after the dark smog disappeared, the volcano fell asleep, all nature calmed down.

- * Is it a coincidence? Hmm... * - you turned your head around, and continued on your way.

***

When you reached the village, you saw that all the people had already climbed out of the shelter.

- * Everyone seems to have forgotten what happened...*

One of the residents came up to you.

- Oh, my God, what's wrong with her? Is she alive? - the girl looked at Gella's body in fright.

She was young, with golden curls that lay randomly on her shoulders, dressed in a long dress that emphasized her appearance...

- Yes, she's alive, her heart is still beating, * How beautiful she is ... * - you sighed.

- Thank God, let me take you to the doctor.

- Thank you.

You followed the girl.

***

She walked you to the door, behind which the healer himself was most likely.

- Here. - she pointed to the entrance with her hand.

- Thanks again.

Entering the room, a pungent smell of herbs hit you in the nose.

- Hello! - you said hello.

The man was standing at some table, mixing something, saying strange words. After your words, he turned to you.

- Hello.

It was an old man dressed in a time-worn hoodie.

- By... - you wanted to say, but you were interrupted.

- I can't help. It's not in my power.

He went out, locking the door.

- Eh! What's going on?! Peek-a-boo! - you put Hella's body on the bed, which was next to the door, and started knocking on the wooden surface.

Literally a minute later, the door opened. Two old men came into the house: one who locked you in here, and the other you saw for the first time.

- This is Athanasius, also a healer, as well as an airbender, and they, as you probably know, are the best in treatment.

- Thank you for such a performance. Grandfather spoke steadily.

He approached Hella.

- Young man...

- Ethan. you interrupted him.

- Thank you. Now, Ethan, I can help you, but we're going to have to leave. There is nothing here that we need for treatment.

- Where exactly do we need to go? - you raised an eyebrow.

- Vintus.

- * Logical. Airbenders are the best healers. Where will he send us?Of course, to the land of Air.*

***

!The actions take place on behalf of Gella.

- Thanks for telling me.

Ethan nodded his head.

- Where are you taking me? "you grabbed Ethan's hand and started shaking him.

- Be careful!

The guy's muscles tensed.

- Hella, just come on when you come in here...

He hesitated.

- Try hard...contain your emotions.

Your body has tensed imperceptibly for you.

- * God, what is there... *, - Uh-uh...X-good...

- Come in.

Ethan opened the door for you.

***

When you came in, what you saw shocked you.

- * Oh my God...*

Your hands were shaking, and tears rolled out of your eyes, treacherously making their way to your lips, leaving a salty taste on them.

Adam was lying on a hard wooden surface. More precisely, his body.

- Hold on. Ethan whispered to you.

He took your hand. His hand warmed your palm pleasantly. Only your quiet sobs could be heard in the room.

Adam's body was hideously corrupted. The blood soaked into his clothes, there was a feeling that not only in his things, but also in the skin itself. The face is cut up. Right upper limb...she wasn't there. The bones of the legs were crushed into crumbs. Drops of blood still dripped from his wounds and fell on the cold floor.

- Who could do this to him, we do not know. Ethan said.

- But how? I saw that he was struck by lightning. She couldn't hurt him like that.

"It's probably my fault, too...

You turned to the man.

"What do you mean?"

- Then I took only you, I remembered about Adam later, after a conversation with Athanasius. Maybe when I wasn't there, someone did this to him...

-...

You were just silent, not knowing what to say to you.

- * And what should I think now after that? And what to say to him: "Ethan, it's not your fault..", or "Ethan, it's your fault!"?* - you were tormented by thoughts. "Is he even alive?"

Ethan staggered.

- Of course! Soon he will be the same. You don't have to worry, the appearance will also be the same. You see, the healers, they have amulets in their hands, these things will help him...get ready...

"And that one over there?" - you pointed at the man standing over Adam's head.

"He's casting spells in a long-dead language to make Adam rise again.

- And how much do they cost?

- It's already the third day.

- * Wait, what?*, - That is, I was out for three days?!

- yes.

***

Later you went out so as not to interfere.

- And what progress? - you asked.

- Well...not very noticeable. Ethan was confused.

- More precisely!

- None whatsoever...

- What do you mean?

- Believe me, Hella, they are really trying to do a lot for Adam...

- * God, I hope they can... *, - Ethan.

He turned to you.

- Yes?

- It's been a long time since Logan told us to go to the Temple of Fire for the amulet. We haven't been able to do anything yet! They did not even approach the land of fire, on the contrary, they distanced themselves!

- Gella, what can I do if everything goes through...

- I know that everything goes through THIS, but we need to do something, for example, study nova...

BANG!

The ground began to shake.

- What the hell? - you looked viciously at the sky.

Everything was plunged into darkness.

"Ugh!" someone thundered.

- What's going on? You asked Ethan.

He broke into a smile.

- Well, look, - he pointed with his hand at something big. - I wanted to learn a new magic, go ahead, they were waiting for you...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.4K 3.5K 46
In their previous life, taehyung had been overweight. His face was covered in acne. Yet jungkook still forcefully ate him up. Exactly how much did h...
1.9M 97.1K 38
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...
2.7M 127K 49
when a rich spoiled bad boy Jeon Jung-hoon gets into an encounter with a Muslim girl and they become enemies so he bully her humiliates her and insul...
44.5K 4.5K 94
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...