Seven

By elletriestowrite

When Lily's university financial scholarship is revoked she explores a new avenue for income. A mutual frien... More

Info / Characters
Synopsis
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94 (Bonus Chapter)

Chapter 12

2.1K 80 62
By elletriestowrite

On Monday Tiffany rings me to catch up. I feel bad that I haven't talked to her much since I started working at the club, but she's been busy herself while on holiday so I don't feel too bad.

She's been in Paris the last two weeks with her family, who are introducing her to people they know through business who own fashion labels. Tiffany is hoping to intern there once she's graduated.

Tiffany doesn't ask much about things on my end. Which I'm kind of thankful for. I don't think I could ever tell her about what is currently going on in my life. About my job as a bartender at a strip club. A strip club owned by a gang. About the handsome but confusing boss I have that turns my insides into a melting mess. She does however ask if I've been hanging out with, "that Macy girl or whatever her name is." I roll my eyes at her clear jealousy over Mesha and I's friendship. She clearly doesn't approve of it but her judgment isn't something I'm willing to take on board. After talking with Tiffany for half an hour, well more like listening to Tiff talk about herself for half an hour, we organise to catch up with our usual group of friends when she gets back from Paris.

My shifts at the liquor store are extremely slow. And I continually find myself wishing Mesha would pop in to see me but she's out of town for the week visiting her grandparents. I miss her like crazy but she's been sending me memes and funny videos to keep me entertained through my shifts. I haven't told her about Seven dropping me home after my Saturday shift, or about the gang. From what I can gather I don't believe Mesha actually knows. And I don't know if I want to be the one to tell her or if it's maybe in her best interests to keep that to myself. Her job is a lot different to mine and is run more independently than the club. As far as Mesha is concerned Seven and his...friends simply manage a bunch of different sectors within the specific line of work, so for her to find out about Seven's uncle being a kingpin of a large gang who has Seven tie men up in the strip club basement to beat them up in interrogation will probably come as a shock to her.

When Wednesday rolls around I'm oddly excited for my shift at Club Venus. I'm excited to see Seven after our talk in his car on Saturday even though it ended with him seeming like he regretted touching my cheek. I'm hoping he's not still regretting it and that we can maybe talk about it instead.

I've put more effort into my appearance tonight. Taking my time to perfect my make up and hair so that I look nice. Even deciding on putting some sexy underwear on to give me more confidence tonight for my inevitable talk with Seven.

A small part of me is terrified he's not going to be there but when I pull into the back of the club his SUV is parked where it usually is and my heart leaps. Out of all things I should probably be feeling when walking into work today, I can't shake the optimism that envelops me. My last shift here was full of heavy truths and emotionally earmarked juncture with Seven. But I feel like we opened up a little to each other during that car ride home, I feel like that car ride changed things between Seven and I. Because of that car ride, I now feel excited to walk into work.

Like most Wednesday's here the club is quiet with only about ten customers are around the stage. I make my way to the bar and see Kitty walking around talking to customers and taking drink orders. Once I round the bar she makes her way over the floor in a sheer slip dress with her black drinks tray balanced on one hand.

"You're looking extra hot tonight." Kitty comments and I rest my chin on my palms in a mock pose in response to her compliment. Well if Kitty noticed my extra effort I hope Seven does. I hope he likes it.

"It's fucking dead out there." Kitty comments as she places her tray on the counter.

"Do you have any orders for me?" I ask her, prepping the glassware.

"Not fucking one." Kitty groans and leans her elbows on the bar.

"Sheesh, she's a slow one tonight huh?" I busy myself with checking the bar tap pumps and checking how full the kegs are underneath that they're attached to.

"God and with Seven stalking around with a face like a smacked arse I just know tonight is going to be a fucking drag." Kitty complains.

"You've seen Seven?" I ask her popping back up from behind the bar and she eyes me before answering.

"Well yeah, apparently the guy is a bit of a permanent fixture round here these days. I'd keep my distance tonight if I were you though, he's in a proper foul mood. Not even Destiny could cheer him up." Kitty says and my head goes to the side in question.

"Destiny?" I ask her.

"Yeah. He's been getting dancers from her almost all afternoon which usually cheers him up but he's still being a prick." Kitty motions to the dancer on the stage right now and I recognise her but never knew her name. She's the same dancer that I've seen give Seven lap dances before. Once when I first came here for my job interview and then the night he kicked that old creepy guy out for hassling me at the bar.

I watch her on stage, and she's definitely pretty. Probably the prettiest of all the girls here and she's obviously Seven's favourite for him to always be requesting dances off her. My chest deflates at the fact that he's been here getting Destiny to dance on his lap most of today while I've been excited just to see him. I feel fucking stupid. Why had I thought anything had changed between us just from that car ride? I'm beginning to feel foolish for even thinking I'd stroll in here and he'd smile and be happy to see me. When in fact he's been getting countless intimate dances from another woman. I won't deny it, the reality is harsh and it stings in my chest.

"You okay?" Kitty asks me, pulling my eyes away from Destiny on the stage and out of my tunnelling thoughts.

"Y-Yeah. Sorry was just thinking." I shake my head and look for something to busy myself with.

"Yknow, even if we were allowed to get involved with coworkers, you're still too gorgeous for someone like Seven." Kitty states and my eyes blow in a defensive shock.

"What? No! No. What makes you think I'd want to be involved with Seven? He's our boss." I say too quickly shaking my head in panic. Kitty just smirks at me, seeing right through my bullshit.

"Oh please. I've noticed how he's always ready to jump to your rescue as soon as any customer gives you any grief. The mans never cared to step in like that with any of the workers. Hell I got bloody tackled by a grabby customer once, happened right in front of Seven too and the prick didn't even bat an eyelid." Kitty reveals and my cheeks begin to prickle with the familiar heat. Has everyone also noticed Seven's weird outbursts at customers in my defence?

"Not to mention I caught the guy jacking off to your underwear." Kitty reminds me and my cheeks transition to a deeper shade of red.

"You don't know if that's actually what he was doing." I try defend Seven and Kitty rolls her eyes at me.

"Oh it was definitely what he was doing." She laughs and I try fight the smile on my lips.

"What was who definitely doing?" Curby's voice interjects as he comes over to stand next to Kitty at the bar.

"Nothing concerning you." Kitty smiles at him still amused by her little story about Seven.

"Even more of a reason to tell me then." Curby pries and Kitty looks to me as if to ask for my permission to tell Curby what she saw in the office that day. My eyes go wide and I shake my head at her, pleading her not to tell him.

"Just girl chat." Kitty lies and I let out a breath of relief. I don't know how Curby would react to hearing that about his boss and close colleague. Especially when it's probably crossing some rule for them.

"You want a beer?" I ask Curby and he nods in appreciation.

"I'm gonna go see if any of these cheap fucks are ready to drown their sorrows yet." Kitty pulls her tray off the counter and I turn to get Curby a beer out the bottle fridge as she leaves.

"Hear you had a good chat with Seven on Saturday after your little fall." Curby says when I shuck the top off the bottle and hand it to him.

"Yeah." I confirm the underlying meaning behind Curby's words. He's talking about Seven telling me the truth about them and this place.

"Well it's nice to see you still around darlin'. And looking gorgeous as ever." Curby gives me a cheeky smile before he brings his bottle to his lips.

"Thanks." I smile politely at him before a movement on the stage catches me eye.

I watch as Destiny climbs the pole almost to the top before she spins all the way back down and the men watching her all cheer. She is rather beautiful to look at, and her body is insane. I feel the little green monster in me grow with envy and jealousy as I watch the woman Seven favours for intimacy here. And that stupid self pity feeling washes over me again thinking about him with her. How could I be so stupid to think...well I don't know what I was thinking or hoping for but Kitty telling me about him and Destiny has completely derailed any train of thought regarding Seven.

Curby notices me watching and turns to look at Destiny.

"She's a little talent that one." He comments and I roll my eyes.

"So all of you are into her then." I comment clearly disapprovingly, but keep my voice completely hollow of emotion and Curby turns back to me with a quizzical brow.

"What makes you say that?" He asks taking another drink.

"Nothing." I shake my head and wipe down the bench.

An unfamiliar ringing chimes over the club music and I watch Curby dig out his cellphone from his pocket to answer it.

"Yeah?" He answers and frowns as soon as the voice on the other end begins to speak.

"I'm having a beer at the bar." He says.

"Just the one. I'm always allowed one." Curby defends.

"Yeah she is." He says a little quieter and glances up at me.

"Why can't you?" He asks.

"Well I'm not a server ask one of the girls to get it for you if you're too pussy to come to the bar yourself." Curby smirks. I don't know if he thinks I can't hear him, but I definitely can and it sounds like he's talking about me to whoever is on the phone with him. Though I'm very certain of who it may be on the other end of the line.

"No. I'm hanging up now." He says before pulling the phone away from his ear and shoving it back into his pocket.

"Who was that?" I pry, unable to stop myself.

"Nosy wee thing aren't ya." Curby smirks and I shrug.

I have a suspicion it was Seven. And it sounds like he wants a drink but doesn't want to come to the bar. Is he avoiding me?

The thought that Seven is purposely going out of his way to not be around me even after last Saturday hurts my feelings. I really thought we'd gotten somewhat closer after opening up to each other about the sadder parts of our lives but the fact he's avoiding me now because of that causes an ache in my chest. This feeling is shit and I regret telling him about my grandmother and parents so much right now. I knew I shouldn't of shared that stuff. I haven't even shared that stuff with Mesha. And I have barely opened up with Tiff on those topics.

I feel my eyes prick and I'm mortified to be feeling this hurt while at work. I excuse myself from Curby and walk out to the store room for privacy so no one can notice my welling eyes. I don't even understand why I'm on the verge of crying, it usually takes a lot more for me to get this emotional over things. A terrifying thought strikes me and stops me pacing the store room floor. Maybe I'm feeling hurt by Seven's dismissal and jealous of the dancer who gets to touch him because maybe...maybe I'm beginning to actually like Seven. And in a more stronger way than I had thought. For some time I'd put my weird interest in him down to me being physically attracted to the guy. But after Saturday and hearing him talk about his father, how he feels alone and doesn't trust anyone I remember feeling in that moment that I wanted to be that person for him. I wanted him to trust me, to not feel alone with me. And now here I am all dressed up to look nice for him...oh my god. I like Seven.

My tears stop as soon as I come to the realisation. My whole body in a stunned stillness. I run a stressed hand through my hair. No Lily. No, no, no this isn't good. Admitting this to myself is going to get me in a whole lot of emotional turmoil that I won't be able to cope with in this environment.

My thoughts are broken by the sound of someone entering the store room and I stare up at the bright lights and blink my tears away before turning to see who it is.

Fucking great.

Seven freezes when he sees me standing in the middle of the store room alone. He appears slightly panicked and I've never seen him look so uncomfortable before. Nice. I make him uncomfortable now. He's wearing a white striped button up with the buttons undone as usual to show off his chest. He's rolled the sleeves of the shirt up to reveal more of the tattoos that blanket his forearms. He always looks so effortlessly good it hurts.

His green eyes stare at me as if he's making sure I'm actually here and I'm not the memory of the demon that's been haunting him since he dropped me home on Saturday. He really does look anxious to see me.

"H-Hi." Seven finally says, his voice sounding hoarse and clears his throat.

"Hi." I reply quietly. My hands find each other in front of me and I begin to nervously fiddle with my fingers as the silence grows between us.

Neither of us have moved and I hate how weird this feels between us. Seven's eyes drop from my face to glide over my body, taking in my tight black dress and I mentally thank myself for choosing a push up bra after seeing the chest on Destiny tonight. The same chest that's apparently been in Seven's face all evening.

"You look nice." He says. Here we go with the nice complement again. I wonder if he tells Destiny she's nice.

"Nice?" I ask him with a slightly bitter tone.

"Uh, yeah." Seven is thrown off by the rude inflection in my voice and rubs the back of his hair.

"You look really nice tonight." He tries to make it better and I fold my arms around myself in comfort. When I don't say anything Seven steps forward and gestures to the refrigerator next to me.

"I just came to grab a water." He tells me.

"Oh." I nod and step aside to create more distance between us as he goes to the fridge. He digs a bottle out from the back before closing the door and turning back around to me. I ignore the memory trying to work it's way into my mind of us standing by that same fridge and how close we had been. Not like now, there's a good two metres between us now.

Seven grips the water bottle in his hand tightly, his eyes glance to me but break away for a second only to meet with mine once again. His face is set in a frown, that confused overthinking frown I've seen many times now. He's looking at me the same way he did on Saturday before he touched my cheek and then practically ran away from me right after.

"I um... I'm glad you showed up tonight." He says and I raise my brow at him.

"Why wouldn't I?" I ask, dropping my arms from around me.

"Because of what happened on Saturday." He clarifies.

"Nothing happened between us on Saturday. You held my cheek it wasn't a big deal." I shrug, trying to play this off as best as I can.

Seven's head snaps to the entrance of the store room to make sure no one heard what I just said before turning back to me.

"I-I wasn't meaning that. I was meaning since I told you about my uncle Victor and myself." Seven defines and my cheeks instantly burn. Of course that's what he's referring to. He was happy I turned up to my job after he told me the truth about what goes on here, not because he had touched me. I feel embarrassed for bringing it up and assuming that's what he was meaning.

"Oh...right." I look down at my heels willing my cheeks to subside their hot flush and for the floor to open up and swallow me whole.

"Do me a favour and don't mention what happened in the car on Saturday to anyone." Seven demands rather than asks and I look up at him.

"Why would I tell anyone about that?" I ask him and he shrugs.

"I don't know. Chicks say weird stuff for attention." He shrugs again and I frown at him. He can't be serious?

"You think I'd tell people about you dropping me home for attention?" I don't attempt to hide the insulted sting I feel from his words.

"I don't know." Seven says again.

"Look, I just don't need anyone to think something weird is going on between us." He explains, his words doing a number on my ego.

He's fine with getting lap dances in front of everyone by Destiny but god forbid that someone assumes he has something weird going on with me. How rude of him, I know I'm not his type like he said but he shouldn't send me such confusing signals and not ask to drop me home then.

"Something weird?" I begin. My blood is pumping out of pure humiliation and I can't help but retaliate.

"Yeah." He says simply. His response irritates me even more.

"Don't you think you should've thought about that before Kitty caught you getting yourself off to my underwear then!" My voice is loud and once I finish the room is deadly silent.

Seven's face has gone white and his mouth is open as he stares at me blankly, clearly caught well off guard. I'm satisfied with his lack of response and the look on his face is gratifying enough so I turn and storm out the storage room. Leaving him frozen in shock.

——————————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

705K 43.2K 108
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
11.7K 545 15
"One more year. One more year is all I can take. By this time next year, I'll be gone"he said, looking at his reflection in the mirror I'm bad at wri...
258K 6.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
20.9K 393 18
this is a reader insert :) it uses they them pronouns too so anyone can really read it there is a slight set image and last name for the main charact...