Ethereal - Kang Sae-byeok ima...

By APhoenix99

Ethereal - extremely delicate and light in a way that seems not to be of this world. Her cold demeanour is en... More

Ethereal
Stay
When she's upset
How You Meet
When You're Drunk (Sae-Byeok)
Just a bad dream
Stress relief. 18+!
Having a panic attack
Your Angel
Make me feel 18+!!
When The Reader Is Pregnant
Stormy day
Being A Parent
Insecure
Make Me Feel (Part 2) 18+
When You're Sick
New year's countdown w Sae-byeok

Jeju Island / Part 1

758 19 9
By APhoenix99

I want to note that I DO NOT own any of the pictures used in this chapter!

2.5k words counted

Tigger warnings: none!!

Jeju Island

Today was a very special day for you; a remarkable landmark had been made with your one and only girlfriend, Kang Sae-byeok. Your first anniversary of officially being together was particularly special for you as many of your friends didn't even give this relationship of yours two months, let alone a whole year. Sure, some days could be frustrating, but at the end of the day, when the two of you made up after an argument and you fell asleep in her embrace, it made this all very much worth it.

Sae-byeok gave you the impression that she either had no clue of the landmark or she didn't care, as it seemed to be an average start to the day. You went about your business while you suggested she get some extra rest after staying out late the night before. You silently make your way out of the apartment you were staying in and bolt towards your destination, holding the gift you planned on giving her today.

Countless conversations had been shared between the two of you in heart to heart moments, and this one really stuck out for you. She had a complex and particularly nasty start to life in the North. She had yet to experience the beauty that this world offered, which is why your gift came from a travel agency not too far from where you were staying. You had it all worked out; I mean, it had to be perfect for her after all.

The lovely island of Jeju-do had much to offer, including incredible scenery, a beautiful mountain range formed by the past eruption of the volcanic land, and one that you thought she would love is the various beaches and hiking trails. The agent who planned this with you spoke about some places to visit while you are there, and you had been blown away by all they had to offer. Manjanggul cave being one of the most recommended places to visit.

You had sorted a bucket list of places that you thought she might like to visit, and although you may not have enough time to see all of them, there was no harm in having an extensive list. Another one on the list was the picturesque waterfall of cheonjiyeon. Beautiful cascades of waterfall flow from the stream above to create a lush swimming lake with shops and food establishments only a few meters away.

You knew that the girl needed a break from all of the madness she had going on in her life, and what better way than to take her to a place she wants to visit with you. It was sure to be an unforgettable time.

After paying the fee for your tickets and collecting the travel guides, you make a quick stop for some flowers on the way back. In an almost embarrassing moment, you realised that you didn't even know what her favourite flowers were, or if she even liked them for that matter. "Something I'll have to ask her about later," you whisper to yourself. Instead, you decide on getting some supplies from a store to make your girlfriend some breakfast.

On the stroll back, you think about the year of your life with the one and only Kang Sae-byeok. The first month in the relationship, she held the same steel hearted appearance, often showing very little emotion as to save herself if things didn't go the way she wanted. The second month is when things started to change. You noticed little things here and there, such as tiny gestures of sudden romance and opening up a little more. By the third and fourth month, it had become routine that she would meet you from work and make sure you got home safe; before either staying the night or sitting up until a ridiculous hour to talk to you. You still remember how nervous she was when the two of you locked lips for the first time; she treated you like you were fragile glass stuck back together with glue. There was no one sweeter to you than this version of Sae-byeok.

It came with hardships, though, as does every relationship. Seven months in, you were introduced to someone from her past who happened to bump into you at work "by accident." you knew her history; not everything, but enough to know that most of the people from that time weren't the sort of people you wanted to associate with. The look on Sae-byeok's face when she saw the person keeping you company when she arrived to walk you home told the story. A face of dread and worry filled her features, and from the way, the man next to you stood with a cocky grin as he had just won a prize; you knew the situation wasn't a good one. In a moment of quick thinking, Sae-byeok decided to take the man elsewhere for a chat away from you, giving you the time to make an exit and continue home.

It took three whole days before you would next have any contact with her, and despite your endless calls and texts being left unanswered, something told you that this girl wasn't the type to let someone in on her life just to leave without any sort of warning. Sure enough, when you stomped out of work and into the downpour outside, someone with a hood up quickly covered you with an umbrella. That person being your girlfriend. She explained that to leave her old life behind entirely, she had to do something significant but that she couldn't be seen with you. With a promise of returning to you for good, she left you at your doorstep with a kiss of your lips, and for the first time in your relationship, she muttered the words "I love you."

You didn't get the chance to repeat the sentiment on that day, but your time to say it would come. A week of waiting produced no sign of your girlfriend. A second week comes and goes without any connection from her leaving you to feel slightly nervous. By the third week, you had been reduced to scary thoughts of what could possibly have gone wrong, but eventually, a soft knocking at your front door revealed your girlfriend, Sae-byeok. She looked severely beaten, and when she all but collapsed into your arms, you felt a rage inside bubbling away, not with her but to whoever had done this to your girlfriend.

That night you carried her to your bed and did the best you could at patching her up at the insistence that no hospitals were to be used. "Who did this to you?" You ask in an apoplectic whisper. Sae-byeok winced slightly as you dab a cloth containing alcohol to one of her many cuts.

"It's best you don't know anything, Y/N. And besides, it's over now. You have nothing to worry about, okay?" you trusted her word, and why wouldn't you? She promised to return to you, and she had, albeit beaten up rather badly. After dressing her wounds and checking if she needed anything, the only thing she requested from you was that you cuddle with her until sleep took over, and how could you possibly refuse such a request? As you settled next to her and embraced each other in warmth, you finally whispered out the words that Sae-byeok had longed to hear. "I love you too."

In the present time, you arrive back at the apartment you share with your girlfriend and, as quietly as possible, begin to work on preparing breakfast for the love of your life. Apparently, you hadn't been quiet enough, as halfway through making breakfast, two strong arms encircle you from behind, and her warm lips press against your neck. With a relaxed sigh, you open your neck for her so she can have free reign. You melt into her touch and let your body press against hers, but Sae-byeok had already pressed you into the kitchen counter. Her lips don't idle for a second; she kisses and nuzzles into you from behind, loving the closeness she gets to you.

"Mm, morning sunshine." you moan out as she continues her light assault on your neck and the curve of your shoulder.

"Where did you go, baby. I missed you." Sae-byeok mumbles out on the few seconds her lips aren't on your skin. With a swift move, you spin around in her tight grip on your body, but she allows this; you knew that if she wanted to keep you in that position, she very well could have.

You peck her lips and flash a bright smile at the sight of your girlfriend. She still looked sleepy, her hair was still a slight mess, but you loved it this way. You admire the view of her in a sports bra and underwear; you can't help but let your eyes trail down her tight body. "You missed me? I was only gone for about half an hour." you giggle at her cute pout as a response to your teasing.

"Ugh, I hate not waking up to you," she whispers cutely before going back to kissing the expanse of your neck. You hang your arms loosely around her neck as you enjoy the benefits of having this goddess in your presence.

"Don't worry, love. I just had to pick something up. Talking of, as much as I love this distraction, I don't want to burn your breakfast..."

"My breakfast? What did I do to deserve you?" she questions while placing a lingering kiss on your lips, this time. You can't help but deepen it by grabbing the back of her head to keep her from pulling away, but there was no chance of her doing that. Sae-byeok revelled in this; her tongue brushed along your bottom lip, asking for entrance which you gladly accept. Your tongues dance to a beautiful tune that can only be heard by the two of you. Your girlfriend makes the bold move of tugging at the hem of your shirt, but this is where you had to remain strong.

"Mm, not yet, baby. Go get a shower before your breakfast is ready; we'll finish this later, okay?"

Begrudgingly, Sae-byeok makes her way to the bathroom and starts the shower up, giving you the time to serve breakfast, but more importantly, it gives you the time to prepare the tickets. You write out a card as quickly as possible with a cheesy message and place the tickets inside.

Time skip: after breakfast

"Okay, so. I know it's probably something that you didn't see coming from me, but we've officially been a thing for a year now. I have to admit that it's been one of the best years of my life. As a token of my love and gratitude towards you, I got you a little something."

You slide the card across the table and anxiously wait as Sae-byeok reads the message you left on the opening page. "Turn the page," she whispers to herself as that's what you had written at the bottom. You weren't sure how she would react. She told you that she didn't really celebrate landmarks; for example, she asked that you ignore that she had a birthday. Quite simply put, gift-giving wasn't something she was familiar with.

She inspects the tickets and, for a few seconds, has a blank look on her face before it turns to confusion. You feel incredibly nervous the longer her silence goes on, so you decide to break the silence.

"Sae- listen, if you don't want to go or you don't like it, we don't have to."

"What,, what is this? Is it like a prank or something?" she asks with genuine confusion. At first, you thought her reaction was being unimpressed with the gift.

"Do you remember we saw that commercial for Jeju Island? You said it looked nice, and you'd love to visit, so I decided to get us tickets. But again, if you don't like it, I can try getting a refund." you speak frantically as you worry that this gesture was too much for you girlfriend.

"So, me and you will be going to the place we saw on the Television?" her curiosity was a good sign; you know that if she didn't like something, she would be open about it to you. A wave of relief rolls through your body as you now focus on trying to sell it to her.

"We will. We are booked to stay for a week in a beachfront hotel. No limitations, no one to tell us what to do. We can just get away for a week."

Sae-byeok continues to study the tickets, but you can see the faint twitch of her lips curving into a tiny smile; you also notice that her eyes begin to fill with tears, but nothing falls down her cheek. She whispers the faintest of thank you's in your direction but avoids eye contact. You stand from your position across the table from her and swiftly give her a hug, to which she latches on immediately. "I love you, Y/N," she mumbles into your shirt. By now, you are sure that she let the tears flow. So you comfort her, you whisper sweet nothings into the apartment and let her compose herself.

"I love you too, Sae," you reply with a kiss to the crown of her head. What you didn't expect was when she stood up and left you in the kitchen as she bolted to the bedroom only to reappear holding a small gift-wrapped box.

"You really think I forgot about our one year anniversary?" Sae-byeok states with a broad smile, to say you were speechless would be an understatement. You really didn't expect this at all. "Well, aren't you going to open it?" she once again speaks, this time with the excitement of a child on Christmas day.

You open it to find a ring with an inscription of the date and the time you officially began dating. "It's not much, but I- I hope you like it," she says shyly while seemingly going back into her shell. But you weren't about to let that happen.

"Like? I fucking love it; thank you so much, baby," you state with as much love as you can emphasise.

Sae-byeok looks at you with love and trust in her eyes; there isn't a person on planet earth you would rather spend your days with. She decides to speak up one last time. "I hate to ruin the mood we have here, but can we continue what we started earlier?"

A/N

There will be a part two for this which will be about the trip to Jeju Island :') also, I wanted to say thank you for the requests I've received already! I didn't mention them in the opening chapter as I wasn't sure if people would be interested, but you are absolutely welcome to request! I hope you all have an amazing day! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 904 16
❝ I'm sick, and I'm tired too. ❞ In which, two girls start to helplessly fall in love with each other, while also facing the worst time of their live...
37.6K 1.2K 13
"𝐈 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮...𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲.." .・:*:・゚'✫, In which Y/N is an 18 year old girl living in South Korea...
107 3 13
✨🎀 Welcome to my collection of Stray Kids one-shots! 🎀✨ In this book, you'll find a variety of stories ranging from fluffy moments to heart-wrenchi...
4.9K 50 16
Sickfics, scenarios, fluff, etc. Might put in little space. So, if you are uncomfortable with that don't come for me. You have been warned. Please g...