Mafia: Dominic Romero |18+

By GraceAndMicaela

Mia Cohen is what you'd call a sheltered girl, she grew up with very few hardships, had a stable home and pe... More

Chapter 1- Background
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 15

2.2K 50 61
By GraceAndMicaela

I was a fool to think he was more than meets the eye. I knew when I met him, he was a bachelor, one who got everything he wanted, women, money, cars, whatever else he desired. Maybe he was only into me for the chase and not the long hall. This decides it. I won't be telling him. Any man who can't stick to his word, would only disappoint and hurt their child and I want the best for this baby. For my child to have a happy and healthy childhood.

"What the fuck Dominic!!???" I shout in anger, my heart is racing and my hands are shaking, I'm livid. I know his not mine but I felt as if though it was unspoken and that I was his even if it wasn't discussed formally, I guess it's not fair of me but how do I control these emotions washing over me right now? How dare he make me believe he was any different than what I first thought he was.

"I wish I had never laid my eyes on you, if I never laid my eyes on you and never met you, I wouldn't have fallen for you, fallen for your lies and I wouldn't be hurting right now!!!" I say nearly screaming with so much anger, that my voice is straining, as the tears stream down my face. I was unable to stop it. I hated giving them the satisfaction of seeing me like this, that they've managed to break me.

"You're so used to running away aren't you cinderella? Why don't you run now?" Dominic finally says in a cold tone that sent shivers down my spine and I could feel my heart shatter into a million pieces and before I ugly cry in-front of this man and give him any ego booster by allowing him to witness just how much I'm hurting, I say "As you please Dominic Romero. You won't see me again." Those are my last words to Dominic. He wasn't fit to be a father. We would never be stable enough to give a child everything they deserved to be well adjusted. It was that moment I knew I had to leave New York. I've overstayed my welcome.

*****Dom's Pov*****

I'm feeling pretty out of it and just as my vision starts clearing up and coming to some sort of senses someone is banging on the door which triggers a headache on top of everything else, today is probably the worst day I've endured in a long time. But before I could get dressed, this blonde lady is opening the door, and in comes Mia. As soon and she lays her eyes on me I see the hurt almost instantly. I would never ever dream of touching another woman since I've met Mia. I've been chasing her day after day like some lovesick puppy, but today, I let go and allow myself to get taken advantage of, simply because I do not care about life anymore. Knowing the odds are against us and that Ariel has a point, on wanting more for Mia, as much as I want her, I'm being selfish. The only way I know Mia will leave is if I give her reason to. If I play as if this wasn't what it was and that I actually indeed wanted this. It'll keep her away from me right. This is probably the most unforgivable thing for me to do to her.

She finally speaks and says with utter disgust and anger that she wishes she never met me. Fell for me? She fell for me, I so badly wanna explain everything to her. To take this all back and fuck what anyone says. even if it means Ariel puts a bullet in my head. It'll be worth it knowing my last days I was happy wouldn't it? I know it sounds crazy. But have you ever heard the saying when you know, you know? When your world starts to makes sense, and you see colours brighter and the noise around you muted whenever you're around that person. It makes all your average days the best kinda days. I don't know how to explain this feeing all too well, I haven't felt it, only ever heard about it or seen a movie about it but now I know for a fact it's non fiction, that a love like this does in fact exist in real life, all I know is I want to try, really try and give Mia my all. Try to give her the real deal but I have a oath to my family, that the family always comes first. We have associates that try everything and do as they told no matter their feelings, the Romero family comes first to them and they fight to be promoted to a solider and here I am, getting handed the biggest organisation and I'm not willing to put in the same work? It's not fair. I shouldn't have it easier because of who my dad is. I should earn it as everyone else does and if I'm gonna be a leader I have to sacrifice for my people.

I just wish I didn't have to give up Love.
Mia looks at me waiting for a response. Her eyes wet, mascara smeared down her cheeks. If I had any doubts about her feelings, this moment right here confirmed Mia indeed had fallen for me, as I had for her.
In my heart of hearts I wish I could give her the world. "You're so used to running away aren't you cinderella? Why don't you run now?" I ask her, challenging her. If she stays, if she fights I'll have no power to keep this up. So for my fathers sake and Ariel's I hope she doesn't, but for my sake, I hope she does.

With her last words saying I'll never see her again she leaves. I had almost forgotten the other female was here. Mia didn't mean it did she, ofcause I'd see her around, I'd not be able to cope if I couldn't see her or watch her from a distance knowing I made the right decision. I need to know that she's going to be fine. That she's happier without me.

I finally snap out of my thoughts and find my briefs and pants. As I'm putting them on this woman decides to interrupt me, "where are you going so soon? Don't let that whore spoil our fun!" she lets out.
As instinct I grab her wrist, "Don't ever say another disparaging word about her!!"  I spit with distaste and let her wrist go.
"Might I add you've just tried to take advantage of a drunk man whose brother owns this hotel? I doubt that'll go down well if I had to complain now would it?" I don't even wait for a response and I limp out. I need to find Logan.

*****Ariel's Pov*****

I need to find Mia. I should probably warn her about Dominic, if she has his child and he finds out there's no way he'll let her go. Which would only put us at war with the Irish mob and well Mia in danger, there's no way Mickey will allow Dominic to disrespect him or his daughter.
I should probably speak to Tony first, especially after shooting his son, if we weren't as close as we are he might've killed me for ever threatening his son or him.

Maybe it's best i call, considering they might be on guard having me at the offices again so soon. I did kill one of the security guards, so it's understandable.

(Call in dialogue form)
***ringing***

Tony: "Ariel! What's the problem now?"

Ariel: "Well I was going to be nice but now I'll just give you the bad news, Mia's pregnant!"

Tony: "Fuck! Did she tell Dominic yet?"

Ariel: "Not that I know of yet, but you know if she does, he'll never leave her."

Tony: " I need solutions Ari and you're not giving me any!!"

Ariel: " I might have, I was thinking of convincing her to go back to cali, maybe explain to her that Dominic isn't who she thinks he is?"

Tony: " You know you can't tell her about the mafia Ari. Don't be stupid or I will have to silence you."

Ariel: "I'm not stupid Tony! She doesn't even know we work for a crime family and it's been nearly her whole life. So calm down and quit getting your knickers in a knot."

Ariel: "I'm headed to her place now, I'll call you once I'm done."

Tony: "Good."

***hangs up***

Right, now to convince Mia.
I lock the front door and head toward my car, I get in and and drive to Jessi's place, as I'm driving my phones ringer goes off, I check to see, it's my husband Frank, fuck it must be about this mess but I can't really be bothered with.

I pull up to Mia's place and head towards the door, I knock and it's as if no one's home, as I'm about to head back to my car, the door opens. It's Mia... she's been crying and clearly just washed her face to try and hide the fact.
I run towards her and wrap my arms tightly around her.
"No no no sweetie, why are you so sad?" I cup her face in my hands, using my thumbs to wipe her tears but she shuts her eyes closed and continues to cry.
"Shhh shhh shh baby girl, it's going to be ok. Tell me who I've gotta hurt... for hurting you."
She sniffs against my chest and finally says in a husky soft tone "You already shot him."

Hmmm... seems like Dominic done what needed to be done. His pushed her far enough. This is the only way to keep her safe.
"Let's go inside darling, I think we need to talk..." I finally say and I lead her inside.
I close the door behind us and she's already curled herself up on the couch.

"I don't mean to make matters worse sweetpea but if Dominic really hurt you like this, it had to be bad and well... if he is the father of your child he'll never let you go or allow you to keep this child from him." I finally sit down beside her with my hand on hers, hoping she'll acknowledge me.
"I know aunt Ari, it's why I'm leaving back to cali this evening. I'm just waiting for Jessi to get home before I leave and I need to speak to my family before just ditching or I'll never hear the end of it." She finally says as she grabs a tissue from the dresser next to her and blows her nose.
"Like I said Dominic will never just let you go, he'll find you, he's got a lot of power Mia." She looks at me confused, fuck I can't hint anything criminal. "He's a top business man and comes from a line of businesses, he's got money, connections, if he wanted to find out anything he can and if you want to protect that baby of yours, you have to change your number, move somewhere he won't find you, live under the radar." I explain with desperation in my eyes "I can help you, just say the word my baby."

She takes a while, I can see she's considering my offer. Then she finally opens her mouth to say " Ok aunt Ariel, I'll accept the help." And that's all I needed. I told her not to worry I was gonna sort her out and set her up so she had nothing more to stress about. Seeing her this broken made me wanna just break his neck but I know the mafia is the reason he finally just allowed himself to let go and I can't have him change his mind.

I make a few calls to set up accommodation, I had Tony pay for it since he wants her to disappear as well, It shouldn't be at anyone else's expense and I know it's hard to send his grandchild away which I hope he doesn't screw things up and tell Dominic himself. I also called Vito, my right hand to get me a new secure phone with a new sim card and to pick up some clean money at the offices that Tony had set aside, in some way we're protecting the kid as well, who knows who could go after the baby if they knew it was a Romero, but Tony wouldn't let them struggle, in some way I know he's trying to do his part and trying to keep everyone safe. Vito will be dropping off the things I've asked for at Jessi's place and while I wait I decided to book her flight. Mia has been packing her things and crying a lot of the time. It almost slipped my mind that this was her first heart break. She had never experienced any of this before and in some way I'm partly to blame for it and I feel awful.

"Hey Mia... I'm booking your flight right now, is it ok for tonight at 10pm?" I ask her
She walks towards me still sniffing, her nose is red and her eyes are puffy and tears still surround her eyes and face.
"Yea... that's fine I guess... thank yo...." As she was ending her sentence Jessi's voice gives us a fright.
"Thank you for what? Did I miss something ?" Jessi asks out of concern and as Mia turns and Jessi sees her face she immediately runs to Mia and hugs her. "Tell me who I'm beating !! Is it that giant hulk looking man!!? I'll take him on honey just say the word and I'll throw hands!"
Mia giggles against Jessi, it's the first time I've seen her smile this entire time I've been here.
"She's leaving tonight, I'm booking her flight, he must've really fucked up!" I say loud enough for them both to hear me.

"I was going to tell him about the baby but I had to find him and when I did his dick was out and he was with some blonde girl but the icing on the cake was him saying I'm constantly running away from him so why don't I run now and I just felt so hurt by his only words. Why didn't he explain himself ? It's as if he had no remorse and I promised he wouldn't see me again, so my plan is to leave and give my baby a great life. I'll come visit eventually but I'd rather have my parents and siblings and of course you all to come visit me instead of me coming here with a baby." She explains to Jessi and myself. The hurt in her eyes just broke us. When Jessi finally says" is there a seat on that flight with me Ariel?"

"No, you have a whole life here." Mia refuses but Jessi doesn't seem to be accepting no as an answer. "You're my best friend you're not going to be alone, I'm gonna be a aunt and I can work from anywhere, so no I'm going with you and not arguing about it. I've got your 6." Jessi says sternly before Mia squeezes her tightly.
"Ok, so I've got two seats booked, I emailed it to you Mia, Vito will be here soon with your new phone and some money to get you guys settled, I also set up accommodation. I'll email those details as well." I finally interrupt and Mia runs to me to hug me. "Thank you aunt Ariel! I couldn't have done all that in such a short time. I owe you." She kisses my cheek.

"You owe me nothing Mia, take care and if you need anything please just call, don't hesitate. Jessi you'll need a new number too, I have a feeling Dominic will find your number and track Mia that way." I explain and she hands me her phone, before hearing a knock at the door, I open to make sure it's no one else, but it's just Vito, he drops off everything and goes again.

"Here you go, look you don't have long, just tell
Your parents you have a new job and you're needed immediately. If they know anything more right now it might get leaked and you know Olivia is too dramatic to make it a short goodbye, imagine her finding out that you're pregnant...." I explain to Mia and Jessi hoping they understand the mission at hand and that Dominic will use any means to find her if he wanted to and who knows how long it'll take before he regrets his decision.

"We understand, I'll get a new phone once we land and find our new residence. I promise to take care of her and let's be untraceable, the less people that know, the better especially with the Cohen's." Jessi finally says as they finish up packing. I head over to the Cohen's. It'll only help that I'm there till she leaves.

*****Mia's Pov*****

It's been so overwhelming since leaving Dominic, I can't believe I'm actually gonna leave. I'm so thankful Jessi has agreed to join me, I think I'd go insane being alone. I know I shouldn't but I will miss Dominic, he impacted my life so hard from the get go, it's gonna be hard to ever forget him.
Aunt Ariel has been amazing booking everything, I haven't had to spend a cent or stress about anything thanks to her. I'm sure she's happy she shot him now, though I'm surprised she's not more mad about the fact he just cheated and sent me away. Usually if anyone dare hurt me she'd have their head on a platter.
I guess she's just happy I won't be involved with him at all. I'm not sure she even likes him. Maybe she just doesn't like him for me.

Jessi gets packing we decide we only taking Jessi's necessary things because this will still be her home and we're starting anew somewhere else. So we should go shopping together for anything we need.
Once we're done we lock up, we're gonna leave the spare keys with Thomas to take care of the place and incase he ever wants to run away from home, he'll have the space to do so. We pack Jessi's car and head to my parents 2 houses down.

I explain that I've gotten a new opportunity to start my own business and I had to jump at the opportunity, especially since it's not everyday a sponsorship offers you money to start a business and connects you with clients. I can't pass that up and I wish I didn't have to cut my holiday short but that they can visit me as soon as I'm settled. Even though my dad and I had been fighting he hugged me exactly how a dad should. With all the love. It was a very sad goodbye because I knew I wasn't planning to see them anytime soon. Jessi and Tom had a heart sore goodbye. They were finally making moves and now she's up and leaving with me. I guess we're both starting a new chapter with our hearts broken.

With the last round of hugs, tears and I love you's, we left to the airport. We preferred no one see us off because it just hurts, we know more than they do and we only needed one another there. Aunt Ariel had said she'll fetch Jessi's car at the airport eventually.
So there was no need for anyone else. We checked in and waited at the gate entrance for our flight to board.

*****Dom's Pov*****

I found Logan and he took me home. I spent most of the afternoon to evening sleeping off the pain meds and alcohol intake I had overdone. When eventually I had a nightmare about never seeing Mia again, that she hated me because of my own stupidity. I should've never ended it that way. How fucking childish, I've been trying to prove to her I'm not who she made me out to be only to paint the picture that I'm exactly that. Why am I such a cunt!
I have to at least explain myself to her, I can't have her thinking I would've cheated. Even if we don't end up together I can't have her thinking the worst of me.

I try calling her phone and it goes straight to voice mail. It doesn't even ring first? Am I blocked? Of cause I am. Why wouldn't she.
I try calling Logan but he knows nothing, he said he'll try calling her later he's just by our chemist. I can't ask his mother because she'll just shoot me again. Fuck !!! I have to go to Jessi's place.

I limp to my car and try my hardest to drive, it shouldn't be too bad. It's just controlling that clutch. Fuck. I decide to take my time driving. It'll be stupid to rush and get into an accident if I'm trying to make things right, I won't be able to do that if I land up in hospital again.
When I finally arrive at Jessi's place which felt took an hour than the usual 35-40minutes.
I get out the car and limp as fast as I can toward the door, I first knock once I reach the front door and I hear nothing, I then knock harder and still nothing, I'm starting to panic, they could be out, yes that's a possibility, a girls night?

I bang on the door just incase, "MIA!!!!!"
"MIA OPEN THE DOOR PLEASE!!!!!"
In this suburbia, loud screaming will alert the neighbours if not the police. I rest my forehead on the door banging with my fists "MIA!!!" a small tear escapes me. Fuck, please just let her open, and that's when I hear a all time familiar voice. "Dominic? What are you doing shouting in this neighbourhood?" I turn around with my back against Jessi's front door, I see Thomas. "I'm looking for your sister? Do you know where she could be?" I ask hoping he knows nothing because he did once warn me if I ever hurt her, he'd beat me up and I don't see him helping me if he knows. I scan his face to see if his holding back anything and I notice his water line is slightly red and wet. Has Thomas been crying? What the fuck is going on!! If anything happened to Mia I'll never forgive myself.

That's when Thomas finally opens his mouth" I assume they didn't have enough time to tell everyone but Mia and Jessi left New York about an hour ago."

It hits me , she left. She ran, she ran like I told her to. She was true to her words, she said I'd never see her again. I had no control the tears left my tear ducts without me knowing. I slide against the door to the floor of the porch. I lost her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 494 11
"You think you can take her away from me?....Touch her and you'll be begging for death the next minute" -------- "Get your filthy hands away from my...
2.2M 35.2K 46
"Someone's coming, we have to be quick, Enzo." I said, and he swiftly unbuttoned my blouse, revealing my naked chest. "Baby, nothing about what I'm...
1.2M 19.3K 42
๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐ฒ๐ž๐š๐ซ ๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐€๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฅ ๐‘๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ž๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฌ ๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ƒ๐š๐ซ๐ข๐จ ๐€๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ญ...
2.5M 69.6K 47
Book 1 in the 'Beautiful' Trilogy. Aria Valenti, a beautiful 27-year-old girl in her 2nd year of residency at NY Medical Center, holding a lot of sec...