THE NORTHERN CRUSADE

By Saptaswapal

The North has always endured. They had survived the Long Night, they had resisted the might of the Andals. Th... More

WINTER IS COMING
THE BANNERS OF WINTERFELL
MOAT CAILIN
THE FINAL PREPARATIONS
BATTLE OF GREEN FORK & WHISPERING WOODS
AFTERMATH
THE NEXT MOVE
INTERLUDE- 1
THE YOUNG WOLF STRIKES AGAIN
FALL OF THE GOLDEN TOOTH
THE KINGS OF THE SOUTH
ROBB STARK'S INVASION OF THE WESTERLANDS
INTERLUDE- 2
THE CHANGE OF TIDE- PART 1
THE CHANGE OF TIDE- PART 2: BATTLE OF BLACKWATER
THE CHANGE OF TIDE- PART 3: SIEGE OF LANNISPORT AND CASTERLY ROCK
THE CHANGE OF TIDE- PART 4
FURTHER PLANNING
INTERLUDE- 3
THE REACH CAMPAIGN
BATTLE OF OLD TOWN
YOU ARE A GREYJOY AND YOU ARE A STARK
THE SOUTHERN PRINCESS
THE END IS NEAR
THE PLAYERS (BIOGRAPHY)
THE END IS NEAR: PART 2
THE END IS NEAR: PART 3
PRELUDE TO BATTLE
BATLLE OF GODS EYE: PART 1
THE BATTLE OF GODS EYE: PART 2
BATTLE OF GODS EYE: PART 3
CONCLUSION
PEACE AND WAR
THE OFFER
THE FALL OF THE CAPITAL
INVITATIONS AND CONFESSIONS
JUDGEMENTS
CHANGES AT COURT
THE HIGH COUNCIL
THE WALL
BATTLE OF THE WALL
TREATY

THE CITY OF KINGS

746 10 0
By Saptaswapal

300 AC

CROWNLANDS

KING'S LANDING

ROBB STARK

He smelled King's Landing, before he saw it. Even from a few kilometers ahead, he can perfectly smell the stench of shit and piss, emitting from the city.

King's Landing was really huge. As far as eyes could see, the city that Aegon the Conqueror founded three hundred years ago stretched out majestically. The well-built walls and gates and within the enclosure highlighted the towers of the Sept Of Baelor and The Red Keep.

The only thing that didn't impress Robb was the sanitation problem and the deep stench of the city. It is said, that out of all the Kings that ruled the city, both Targaryen and Baratheon, only Baelor The Blessed had ever tried to improve the drainage problems of the city.

But nevertheless Robb smiled in both excitement and bloodlust. He had finally arrived, though a year late, at the City Of Kings.

Before The Battle Of God's Eye, Robb had an army of over fifty thousand men. He had lost five thousand in the battle, with another one thousand were wounded or crippled. He had furthur left four thousand men to guard the prisoners at Harrenhal, and also to protect his rear and deter any posible guerilla attacks on his supply lines.

So with all that, he had at least forty thousand men camped outside the huge walls of King's Landing. More than enough to take the city by force if necessary.

To tell the truth, what Robb wanted most was to raze this city to the ground, to turn it into a pile of ashes, that would serve as a funeral tribute to, not only to his father, but to all the Starks, who had all been vilely murdered here.

This is the city where his father had  been unjustly executed, where his  grandfather Rickard had been burnt alive, where his uncle Brandon was strangled to death. And for many nights since the Battle Of God's Eye, Robb had only dreamed of destroying this city, and massacre it's half a million population.

No doubt his army was hungry for more blood. And the people of King's Landing will do a fine job to vent all their pent up frustation.

But he was Robb Stark, a man known for giving the enemy a chance to surrender. So he will also offer this city a chance to surrender, and if they don't. Then they will suffer the same fate as the Westerlands.

A few days ago, he had received a raven from King's Landing. The letter delivered to him say, that the Iron Throne, will recognise his Kingship and the Independence of The North and The Riverlands.

He and his lords had openly laughed at the ludicrous offer. Did they take him for a fool?

Did they really think they will accept peace after a year of War? And most importantly now that they had all but won!!

His army had The Westerlands and The Reach firmly under his control. The lords of The Crownlands, The Stormlands and The Narrow Sea had bent their knees to him.

The Northern Navy had destroyed or captured, what is left of the Royal and Redwyne fleet and are now bloackading Blackwater Bay, preventing the city from receiving supplies.

The noose had tightened on his enemy's necks, and if they thought that Robb will listen to their pleas and not hang them, then they thought wrong.

With that in mind Robb had sent his own emmisary in the city, with his own, non negotiable, terms and conditions. He had given the Iron Throne only twelve hours to agree to his demands. If they did, it was good for the city and it's half a million inhabitants.

But if they refuse to his demands.

Well, they shall suffer the same fate as Ashemark.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
MARGAERY TYRELL

The city was dominated by silence. The usual bustle that had characterized the capital of the Seven Kingdoms had now been replaced by whispers and murmers.

Ever since the royal army had left the capital, to march north to confront the Starks, King's Landing had entered a kind of trance. And the same had happened with the court and the Red Keep.

The absence of the majority of lords and soldiers, had turned the castle built by Aenys and Maegor Targaryen into a place inhabited only by women, children and the elderly.

As the days had passed and the court had began to grow impatient. Margaery herself, for the first time in her life, had felt nervous and anxious about the news of the battle.

And why shouldn't she, when it was her father and her brothers fighting this war, alongside thousands of soldiers of The Reach. A war, that the Lannisters started.

Then just after two weeks, after the royal army had left the city. The Red Keep woke up to a message that no one would have imagined a year or a even week ago.

Robb Stark had defeated and particularly demolished the royal army. He had also taken thousands of prisoners, and among them, were her father Mace and her brothers, Loras and Garlan.

After hearing that, she had felt true fear for the first time in her life.

Robb Stark was not a merciful King, and she had learned, how brutally he dealt with his enemies. She feared that the same fate awaits her father and brothers.

Her Grandmother Olenna and big brother Willas, had tried to assure her that nothing will happen to them, saying that Robb Stark will not harm a valuable prisoner of war. But nothing they said dissuade her fear.

Lord Tyrion Lannister, the acting Hand Of The King, has been working hard to prevent the news, of their defeat, from spreading across the Capital. Right now only the nobels, residing in the Red Keep, knew about their defeat, and Lannister is doing everything to keep it that way.

But unfortunately for them, it will not take long for the smallfolks of the city, to learn about their defeat. As just two weeks after they received the news, about their defeat, a huge army gathered outside the walls of King's Landing.

From the balcony of their rooms, Margaery, along with her brother Willas and grandmother Lady Olenna watched as an army of thousands of men  positioned themselves in front of the walls. The crowned Direwolf flew on the banners making it clear that the one commanding this host was none other than the King In The North, Robb Stark.

"Look at them" Willas muttered.

Before Margaery can say anything a knock sounded on the door.

"Come in" Olenna said in her raspy voice.

A Tyrell guard entered the room.

"What is it!" Olenna snapped.

"My Lord, My Ladies" The guard bowed ignoring Olenna's sharp tongue, as he was used to it, "The King is holding Court, he is asking all his lords to attend".

"Tell them, we are coming" Her grandmother dismissed him, and the guard bowed and left.

Her grandmother turned to her "Well lets see, what our King wants now". She sighed tiredly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Tyrells entered the court and saw their King Joffrey Baratheon, sitting on The Iron Throne and his mother Cersei is sitting on a richly decorated wooden throne right next to him.

The boy King was smirking haughtily  while his mother is sitting stone faced, her face impassive and expressionless.

"My Lord Lefford" Queen Cersei greeted, "What are you doing here, we all thought that you were a prisoner of the Starks".

The Lord Of The Golden Tooth shook his head.

"You are right my queen. I was a prisoner, I still am" Lefford said gravely
"Robb Stark had sent me as an emissary and after I had delivered his letter, I will return to his camp and resume my captivity".

Joffrey spoke up next.

"So you have come as a servant to the Young Wolf" Joffrey said harshly "Tell me one good reason, for not executing you as a traitor".

"Is he for real" Margaery thought with a disappointed frown. The enemy army is camped outside the city, and he is talking about executing one of his own lords.

Thankfully Cersei intervined before her son can make a fool of himself.

"You say that, you have Robb Stark's letter, addressed to the King" Cersei asked.

Lefford nodded "Yes I have Robb Stark's letter" He answered "But it is not addressed to the King".

Confused mutterings ran across the room as everyone gossiped who is this letter addressed to.

"Then who is this letter addressed to?" Grandmaester Pycelle asked "Is it addressed to Her Grace Queen Cersei?"

"No" Leofford shook his head in denial "It is addressed to Lord Tyrion Lannister".

All eyes immediately fell upon the dwarf, who is sitting on the chair belonging to The Hand Of The King.

For his credit, Tyrion himself looked as astonished as the others, "Me?" He asked incredulously.

"Yes, my lord" Leo nodded.

"Enough, with all this shit!!" Joffrey spat, no doubt bitter that his dwarf uncle was addressed and not him, "Tell us what Stark wants with the Imp".

Leo stepped forward and unfolded the letter he was carrying and began to read. Everyone became deathly silent as his grave voice filled the room.

"To Tyrion Of House Lannister and to the court of King's Landing.

Now you may wonder why I am addressing you, and not your illborn nephew on the Iron Throne.

Well, you are the smartest and the most reasonable man in the court and I know for a fact that it was your idea, to send the letters of peace. The terms were reasonable.

But you made one simple mistake.

Did you really thought that I will accept peace, now that I have won the war. If you or your dead father had send me the letter, a year ago, I would have accepted peace. But now the ship for a peace, had already sailed.

I reject your terms of peace, the war will end on my terms. And here are they.

Hand me Joffrey Baratheon, Cersei Lannister, Grand Maester Pycelle, Janos Slynt and all the other conspirators, responsible for my father's death. Open the gates of this city and surrender to my authority.

You are a reasonable man Tyrion Lannister, and I am offering you a period of 12 hours to agree to my demands. If you did that, then I will offer the Nobles, including you and the Tyrells, a safe passage.

If you didn't do as I ask, within twelve hours of time, then my men will raze the city to the ground.

Your time starts now. Hurry up! And make your decision quickly. Remember you only have twelve hours, no more, no less.

By Robb Stark                                                                
Lord Of Winterfell
King In The North And The Trident"

Murmurs and even screams filled the room. As Leo Lefford said the terms of peace.

Margaery looked at Joffrey, whose face had gone completely pale for a moment before it turned red with rage as he slowly turned to look at his dwarf uncle.

He slowly pointed his finger in Tyrion's direction "Y..Y....You"Joffrey spluttered in rage "You made a deal with Robb Stark, behind my back".

Tyrion didn't said anything so Joffrey continued "I told you that anyone who tried to make a deal behind my back will die. And yet you did just that" he spat before turning to his men "Guards take him to the dungeons".

The men stepped forward to obey their King's orders, and Tyrion didn't protest or tried to resist his capture.

"Seize them too" Joffrey said pointing at, Tyrion's sellsword Bronn and his squire Podrik.

The sellsword's hand reached for the pommel of his sword, no doubt to resist his capture, but Tyrion shook his head "Don't".

Bronn looked unsure of his employer's command but Tyrion shook his head  "Trust me, it's for the best".

Bronn sighed but he and Podrik handed themselves to the guards, who stripped them off their weapons, before leading them out of the throne room along with Tyrion.

Before Tyrion and his companions exited the room, the dwarf turned and said one last comment.

"The city is doomed" Tyrion said loudly "You all heard me, the city is doomed". He said before he and his men were forced out of the room.

Queen Cersei quickly ended the court, before her son can make any more rash decision. They all retired to the Small Council Chambers, no doubt to discuss about the resent events.

While Margaery and her brother and grandmother, exited the court room, and made their way to their own quarters.

As they made their way to their own room, the words of Tyrion Lannister echoed through Margaery's head.

"The city is doomed" Like a mantra the words ominously repeated in her head.

Lannister is right. If they didn't do something. The city is doomed.

----------------------------------------------------------------

And Done!

So Robb had finally reached King's Landing.

Now regarding the letter, Robb knows that Tyrion will be the biggest threat, if he wanted to capture King's Landing (Tyrion led the defence of King's Landing, during Stannis's attack).

So in order to neutralise him, Robb wrote the letter addressed to Tyrion. Because he known if he did that then it will create suspicion and that Joffrey will do something rash in his anger.(This is the main reason Robb didn't mention what Tyrion's deal was and only mentioned that it was a reasonable deal).

And Tyrion is smart, he didn't resist because he knows, that if the city fell, then the dungeons of Red Keep will be the safest place to be.

This is the first chapter I have written from Margaery's POV. Don't worry more Tyrell POV will be coming on the next chapter.

If you liked the chapter don't forget to leave a comment because always remember reviews are food for a writer's soul.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 127 10
Seventeen years have passed since Robert's rise to the throne, forcing Rhaegar and his kin into exile in Essos. Now, Rhaegar has journeyed back with...
58.1K 1.7K 51
Starts as a Robb Stark x Reader Chapter Series. The reader is a young northern lady from a small house, about as far north in Westeros as you can get...
10K 133 24
" Robb...I'm a just a servarnt for your family..." " Well you are more to me than that, Savannah " -------------------------- Savannah Lily was take...
144K 3.8K 27
{Book 1: The She-Wolf of Winter} Lilia Stark was the second child born to Lady Catelyn and Lord Eddard Stark. For thirteen years she lived in the qui...