My mother married a Capo

By ElaheKarami

Alison Harris is a normal 17-year-old girl, living her normal life with her mother. That is when her mother s... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Important A/N
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: Mason and Bella's first date
A/N
Sequel

Chapter 6

43.5K 1.1K 145
By ElaheKarami

Dinner went well much to Alison's surprise. She had sat between Rich and Hunter who were talking to her most of the dinner. Mason was there as well. His face was the same emotionless face she had seen but his eyes were void of any emotion again. During dinner, he only talked with his father about business. 

Xander and Damien were there as well. Damien seemed interested in her conversation with his brothers, although his face remained emotionless and he didn't talk a bit. But Xander was silent all through the dinner which Alison was grateful. She still didn't know why he hated her with passion.

When she returned to her room she was really tired. She changed in her pajamas and as promised made a group video call with her friends.

They all answered immediately like they were waiting for her call.

"Hi, guys." She said and waved for them. She felt at peace when she saw their friendly faces.

"You are alive." said Logan. "It's good to see you in one piece, cutie pie. Although you look tired as hell."

"It's good to see, Al." said Edward.

"Okay, now spit out everything." said Ash eagerly. "How is living with a bunch of hot as hell brothers?"

"WHAT THE HELL, ASH!" shouted Logan. 

"How do you know they are hot?" asked Alison and frowned.

"Well, we were a bunch of idiots that didn't search about them before. They are practically everywhere on web." said Ash. "But that's a story for later. First, tell us everything from start, and don't you dare to even leave a little thing."

So Alison described what had happened since morning without leaving a small point. She saw as the boy's faces grew red and they cracked their knuckles when she was talking about Xander, but they didn't stop her.

"And now I'm in my room, tired to the bone." Alison finished her story with a long sigh. 

"I'm gonna kill that bastard." said Logan through gritted teeth. "How dare he?"

"I don't like those rules at all." grunted Ed. "It will restrain you so much. Why do they need this much security?"

"That my dear friends is where I should spill my own info." said Ash and everyone focused on her. "I told you they are so much famous and powerful. Albert is a billionaire who owns the biggest international company in America. His oldest son has practically run it in for a couple of years now and his brother Richard is helping him recently. Mason graduated from NYU in economics and Rich is still studying to become a doctor. They both have high IQ that has helped them to be advanced in their studies. But I can't say the same about the older twins, Damien and Xander. They are caught in some fights and were arrested for violence a few times. But their expert lawyers were quick to bring them out of jail in less than a few hours."

"Perks of being a billionaire." scoffed Logan with crossed arms.

"Well that was obvious from the way they are living." said Alison remembering all of the luxurious things she had seen since morning. "That should be the reason why they have so much security."

"That's not all, Alie." said Ashley warily. "There are some rumors about them running an underground illegal business as well. But nothing has been proved about them yet. There were a few cases, but again their expert lawyers have brought them out of trouble triumphantly and the losers were forced to pay so much compensation."

"You should be so careful, Alison." said Ed firmly. He only would use her full name when he was dead serious. "keep your eyes open all the time."

"I didn't say these things to scare you, Alie, but Ed is right. You should be extra careful." said Ashley concerned.

"I will be. I promise." said Alison reassuringly. "I wish I was with you guys right now."

"We can go out tomorrow and spend Sunday together." offered Logan.

Alison shook her head. "As much as I want to, but you heard the rules." she said. "I want to stay low for a week, so things cool off a bit and I can somehow gain their trust and not have to ask for permission where ever I want to go."

"Don't flee from their security, Alison." said Ed. "Maybe they know something. It's better you stay under their protection until we find out what's really going on."

"Okay guys, let the poor girl breathe." said Logan and then looked at Alison kindly. "Go and rest, Al. You look tired."

Alison smiled. "It was so good to talk to you." she said. Her eyes welled up once again. "Take care, all of you. I'm gonna see you soon."

Soon they said their goodbyes and ended the call. Alison felt light-hearted from talking to her friends and yet scared of what she had heard. She tried to put aside the worry. She would be careful as Ed had asked her, but she was not going to stress herself more.

She did her night routines and laid on her bed and began to read the book she had started recently and soon she was pulled into the dark chambers of sleep.

The next morning Alison woke up early. She did her morning routines and put on her leggings and a black tank top and put on a black hoodie as well. She took her phone and headphones and walked out of her room and headed for the front doors. She opened the heavy doors and walked outside and was startled to see two guards standing outside, by each side of the door. 

They both nodded when she greeted them quietly. Her last night's talk with her friends repeated itself in her mind once again. She put aside her worries and went to the front yard. There was a paved road that was going behind the mansion and then into the woods behind the house. She began to run. The air was fresh and fragrant. She also saw the guards and maids quarter building a little away from the mansion. 

She ran for half an hour before she returned and went straight to her room to take a shower. When she was out, she put on a light pink shirt and skinny jeans and put her freshly brushed hair, into a ponytail, and then headed downstairs in the hope to find something to eat.

As she walked closer to the kitchen she was surprised to hear two people talking. One was surely Rich and the other was unknown.

Alison walked in and saw another man standing there in an expensive suit, sipping from his mug of coffee. He had blond hair and looked muscular under his suit jacket. He was leaning on the counter talking casually with Rich who was in a black Armani suit and had sat behind a table in the kitchen and was drinking from his cup of coffee.

Rich was the one who saw her and smiled wide. "Goodmorning, Al." he said warmly. 

The other man looked at her and her eyes met his striking green eyes. He grinned when he saw her. "So this is the famous Alison." he chirped happily as he put his mug away and held his hand out.

"Nice to meet you and good morning to both of you." she said and politely shook his hand.

"My name is Benjamin. but you can call me Ben. I'm 26 and I'm working with your brothers. Actually, I'm Mason's best friend and second in command while this deepshit here is his right hand." rambled Ben enthusiastically while shaking Alison's hand repeatedly.

"Okay Ben. You are dislocating her hand." said Rich as he stood and came to Alison's hand rescue. Just then, Mason walked into the kitchen while talking on the phone. He was in a navy blue Armani suit which suited him perfectly. "I don't care what it will take for the task to be done." he said coldly and Alison shivered. He was more authoritative than his father. "I want it done by tonight. And if you can't finish it you will face the consequences." he said and end the call. 

Alison shivered again. She didn't want to know what the poor guy was feeling on the other side. Probably shaking from head to toe.

"Good morning, Alison." he said while patting her back and going to sit behind the table.

"Good morning, Mason." said Alison quietly, feeling intimated by his powerful presence.

 "I heard you have gone jogging this morning." he said looking at her with his intense grey-blue eyes.

"I go for a run almost every day." she said shyly and then added quickly. "If that's not a problem of course."

"Of course it's not." he said as he laced his fingers in front of him on the table. "As long as you don't leave our lands and don't go too far where our guards can't see you. We have also treadmills in the gym. You can use them as well."

"I love to run outside." she answered. "I won't go far. I promise."

Mason hummed in approval before another door opened and Marisa walked in with a maid on her tail.

"Good morning everyone." she said happily. Alison watched in awe as the boys, even Mason walked and kissed her on the cheek. It was a beautiful sight.

"Good morning, Marisa." she greeted the moment Marisa looked at her, and the next second she was being squeezed in a bone-crushing hug. 

"Good morning to you too, sweetheart." said Marisa and then pulled away to look at her. "You are so early. The other teenagers of the house won't be up until noon at weekends."

"Okay sit, all of you." she ordered as she ushered them to sit behind the table. "I will prepare breakfast for you in a minute."

Alison sat at the table and listened to Ben who was telling her embarrassing memories from their childhood much to Mason's displease, but Alison could see a ghost of a smile playing on his lips as well. It was the first expression besides anger that she had seen in him. Alison laughed at hearing the troubles they had gone through so childishly. She found out that Mason was running the family business mostly and their father was planning to retire so soon. She also found out that Rich had his own medical clinic from Ben's ramble although Mason coughed hard the moment he said it and Rich glared at Ben for saying that and reassured Alison that it was not as Ben was saying and he was exaggerating.

Just as Marisa promised, a few minutes later plates full of eggs and bacon were placed in front of them. Alison dug in hungrily just like the others. After breakfast, the three men excused themselves for work and left.

After Alison left the kitchen after helping Marisa a bit, she saw her mother and Albert walking down the stairs. The sight of her happy mother coming down with her hand linked with Albert, warmed her heart. Eva was in her nurse clothes ready to go to the hospital, while Albert looked mighty in his gray Armani suit.

"Alison!" Eva's eyes lit up more when she saw Alison and soon she hugged her tight. 

"Good morning, mum, dad." said Alison, forcing the last word out. 

"Good morning to you too, princess." said Albert kindly and smiled as well. "Come and have breakfast with us."

"I'm sorry, but I had woken up early and had breakfast with Mason, Rich, and Ben. I'm going to the library."

"I'm glad you have met Ben," said Albert. "He and his father considered as part of the family. you will see them so much."

Alison nodded. The thought of having happy Ben around was comforting.

"Okay. I see you at night, honey." said Eva and kissed Alison's cheek.

Alison spend a few hours in the library, sitting on one of the bean bags. Once she finished her book she stood and stretched her body and then left the library. The sound of loud laughter filled her ears and she followed it only to find James, Jordan, and Hunter playing a video game together in the game room. 

Alison smiled at the sight in front of her. They looked adorable together. As if Hunter felt her staring, he turned and his eyes lit up. "Hey sissy." he called. Alison stared at him wide-eyed. It was the first time one of them was calling her by her new title. "Come and play with us. You can team up with this loser." he said playfully and pushed James slightly.

"I'm not a loser, you jerk." whined James and hit Hunter with his little hand.

"Language, little guy." said Hunter sternly, and for a second Alison saw a bit of his older brothers under his carefree face.

"Come on, Alie." said Jordan and motioned for Alison to sit beside him. "You can team up with me. We will beat them up."

"Okay," chuckled Alison as she sat beside him. "But you should teach me first."

The next hour till lunch, they played the video game and had lots of fun together. Alison turned to be a good player. She and Jordan actually won twice and the happiness in the three boys' eyes was priceless for her. For once she was feeling that it was good to be a part of a big family and be accepted there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 1.3K 50
*~~~~~~~° When Mia discovers her father's suitcase full of illegal drugs, she's plunged into a dangerous world of deceit and cartels. As she delves d...
56.8K 2.1K 31
Ten years. It's been ten years since the boys have been held up in prison cells for accounts such as murder, drug possession and robbery. Four years...
924 27 23
Bella's parents left her and her little brother Elijah with their grandma when Elijah was born. All of her cousins parents did the same thing each ti...
204K 3.6K 81
Alicia has been abused by her mom and step-dad for the past 2 and a half years, plus she has also been bullied for the past 2 and a half years. What...