Look at me ~ Childe x reader...

By Itsyo-girl

He is one of the harbingers of the fatui and is quite strict when it comes to work affairs. You work under h... More

A/n here :)
Chapter 1 ~Him.~
Chapter 3 ~ My new temprory job~
Chapter 4 ~ The next day ~
Chapter 5 ~Overtime~
Chapter 6 ~ Sleepless night ~
Chapter 7~ Amusement park~
Chapter 8~Well- ~
Chapter 9 ~ Going already? ~
Chapter 10 ~ Well this was unexpected~
Hey hey heyy~~
Chapter 11 ~ Back to enemies? ~
Chapter 12 ~ Interesting ~
Chapter 13 ~My house ~
Chapter 14 ~ What a Surprise 😳🀭~
Chapter 15 ~ My bestfriend ~
Chapter 17 ~ Touma.... ~
Chapter 16 ~ who's birthday?!~
Chapter 18~ The doctor ~
Chapter 19 ~ Give me a break~
Chapter 20 ~ Just leave me alone ~
Chapter 21 ~ Childes office ~
Chapter 22 ~ Childes pov ~
Chapter 23 ~ plans?? ~
Chapter 24~ !! ~
Chapter 25 ~ FΛ…βŠ‚β‚­ β“ŽπŸ€¬β“Š~
Chapter 26 ~ On the wayyyyy ~
Chapter 27 ~ In the toilet ~
Chapter 28 ~ Keep your hands to yourself ~
Chapter 29 ~ Childe & Akio ~
Chapter 30 ~ Y/n & Kaori ~
About the Smut :)
Chapter 31 ~Start of the day ~
Chapter 32~ Misson failed ❌ ~
A/n Here,, Very sorry πŸ’•
NEW FF IS OUT !!
Important Announcent β€ΌοΈβš οΈ
Chapter 33 ~ Please Hear me out ~
Chapter 34 ~ Proper confession~

Chapter 2 ~ So much for not being "child friendly"~

2.5K 59 70
By Itsyo-girl

I was sitting opposite him, waiting for him to speak.

I saw him looking at his desk, in deep thought.

Until I heard a sigh.

He looked up at me with his lip slightly bitten.
I could tell he was still reluctant to say what was on his mind.

"I'm only saying this once, so listen up" he finally spoke.

I nod as I wait for him to carry on.

"While Teucer is here you will help maintain the image that we work in a toy institution." He stated, not wanting any debate on the matter.

"T-toy institution?" I asked, slightly taken aback.

He poked his tongue in his cheek clearly feeling slightly irritated.

"Yes" he  re- affirmed.

"So much for not being child friendly" I mutter under my breath finding the situation amusing.

I try to hold on my laughter as I saw him looking at me, but I straightened up after a few seconds, seeing that he was not budging. 

"For the time being you will have different jobs assigned to you" he asserts as he still gives me a direct stare.

"Huh" I suddenly changed my expression when hearing him speak.

I could see him getting fed up with my attitude, which made me regret my action.

"Y/n, I don't want to have to remind you but don't drop your formality when speaking to me. I am your superior. Don't make me remind you again" he says casually, but I could hear the annoyed undertone.

"Sorry" I gave a small polite bow, whilst still seated.

I really want to leave, we've spoken more today than we have this whole week and I'm not enjoying it.

I see him suddenly get up and walk over to the large window behind his chair.

He didn't speak for a while he he just stood and looked out. Of course I didn't interrupt the quietness in the room.

"Teucer is still a kid, working with toys is probably the coolest job for a kid, I just want him to look up to me." He randomly says still facing the window with his back facing me.

"O-oh right" I stutter caught slightly off guard by the sudden break of the silence and random piece of information that I was told.

I'm not sure what use to is information is to me, but I kept quite. As I was sitting in the silence I couldn't help but think.

Why am I being dragged into this? And does the is mean I'll have to talk to him more?

The silence continued to drag on, I stayed sitting in the chair as he was facing the window. I didn't really know what to say or do.

"Thank you, in advance" he suddenly but hesitantly says, not looking at me.

What is with him and saying random things today.

Still it's very new that he said thank you to me, although I could tell he was reluctant to thank me as it was still slightly cold with a hint of his usual dismissive tone.

I hear him say it a lot to the others, but to me it's usually a nod, which is what surprised me most.

Not knowing how to react I just give an enthusiastic nod.

He could see my reflection though the glass, so he left it at that.

"How long do I have to stay there, I'm getting bored!!" We suddenly hear, as the door gets pushed open.

"Ah Teucer, perfect timing" he said suddenly changing from cold and dismissive to warm and friendly.

But yes Teucer, what perfect timing, I thought as he spoke.

"Timing for what?" The boy asked exited.

"Are you going to play with me!!!" He exclaimed trying to guess what his older brother meant.

"Now Teucer, I have far too much work to do at the moment, however my friend y/n here is free to keep you company for the time being" he explained.

Wait stoPp, FRIEND?!?!

Pftttt since whennnn!!

oh my god this man is a sweet talking liar!!!!!

Second of all, I'm not sure what he thinks but I am not free, I actually have a lot of things I need to get done.

I just look at him whilst furrowing my eyebrows, showing him my confusion.

He just looks at me back giving me a small smile and clears his throat, after he looks back at Teucer.

"But I thought she works for you?" Teucer asks confused.

"Teucer, you can be friends with your employees" Mr Childe clears up as he chuckles at his little brothers remark.

I hate to do this but I'm going to have to.

"Sir, can I please speak to you for a moment" I ask totally interrupting their brotherly conversation.

He glances over at me and smiles.

"Sure" he says as he then quickly glances at Teucer.

"Wait outside, okay?" He kindly says.

"Mhmmm!!" Teucer agrees, once again.

My body turns to the door, watching Teucer walk out and close the door behind him.

After, I rotate myself to face Mr Childe again.

"Sir, I'm very sorry but I can't do this." I protest.

I'm not sure what he wants me to do and I have far to much on my plate at the moment.

I also want to stay as far away from Mr Childe as I can, it's what I like and am used to.

I don't want that to change.

He just looks at me and give a sigh, I could see bite his bottom lip whilst looking at me, he looked like he was in deep thought.

So I took that as my que to carry on talking.

"I have paperwork and investigations that I need to complete by a deadline that's not all I also hav-" I get cut off by him walking up to me and suddenly placing his hands on my shoulders, whilst looking straight into my eyes.

I just widen my eyes at the sudden move, I couldn't get words to leave my mouth.

Why are we this close, I thought as I could see his deep blue eyes which were close to mine. I could also see that his eyes were ever so slightly softened.

Which is the most emotion I've ever seen displayed towards me, or anyone for that matter.

But slowly my eyes started wandering to his other facial features. His face was so perfectly sculpted from his nose to his lips.

Even the tiniest details were perfectly placed on his face.

I may not like him as a person, but I have to admit he's a fine man indeed.

"Your workload will be lessened for the time being, the majority will be distributed to the others in the office. Though there will still be work for you." He explained with his smooth voice, snapping me out of my mesmerisation.

"Y-yeah" I replied shortly, feeling ashamed at myself for letting myself do something like that.

After that he moved away from me taking his hands of my shoulders, straightening himself, he then headed towards the door and walked out closing it behind him.

I'm guessing to go talk to Teucer.

His words didn't hit me until he left me alone in his office, I don't even know what I just said yes to.

What type of things does he expect me to do?

How could I just blindly agree to something thing like this?

I internally scolded myself, I mean it's not that I have a problem with Teucer, it's just the fact that he's Mr Childe's brother.

After a few seconds of harsh realisation I shook my head and sighed.

What have I gotten myself into.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 76 11
"π’œπ’Ή π’Άπ“ˆπ“‰π“‡π’Ά 𝓅𝑒𝓇 π’Άπ“ˆπ“…π‘’π“‡π’Ά~" You are the youngest of the Fatui harbingers, and have surely been through a lot of hardship in your life. All...
16.2K 611 23
Waking up in another world is terrifying. Not remembering anything is worse, though. Teyvat is a strange world filled with mysteries for you to explo...
16.2K 784 39
It takes a lot to catch Tartaglia, 11th of the Fatui Harbingers, off guard. Between surviving three months with the monsters of the Abyss at age four...
102K 2.8K 32
!!USES SHE/HER PRONOUNS, IF NOT WANTED PLEASE CHANGE THEM AS BEST AS POSSIBLE!! !Modern College/Uni AU! Also this has NOTHING to do with the song Cen...