Reincarnated Archon || Venti...

By igobrrrr

A thousand years ago, there were 8 archons instead of 7 but after the ancient war in Teyvat the 8th archon Va... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Thank you
chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 - Bloodshed
Chapter 23 - A soul returning to the winds
Chapter 24- Retrieval of souls
Chapter 25- The End

Chapter 18

1.3K 45 93
By igobrrrr

Why isn't she back yet..? Is she staring at Noelle?

Venti sat on the edge of the bed shaking his legs. When you finally opened the door and saw Venti sitting there. He turned his head and smiled at you.

"Sorry, Venti. I'm sorry for being inconsiderate towards your feelings. Please forgive me," you bowed sincerely.

Venti's eyes welled up with tears. He could not hold them any longer. He clung onto both your arms and slid down slowly onto his knees. He hugs your waist tight as tears slowly streamed down his cheeks. You felt so sorry for him. You kneeled and hugged him tightly.

"Don't leave me..." He sobbed.

You were surprised. This is your first time seeing someone close to you cry. You are the reason they are crying. You do not know what to do other than apologise. All you can do now is to hug him. Both of you stayed together until dawn whilst sleeping on the floor.

"Today we should start heading back to Li Yue. What do you think?" Venti asked.

"Yeah... let's get going. I need to get your gnosis anyway," you replied.

Both of you said goodbye to Jean. You felt so ashamed that Venti still allowed you to hold his hand. You hope that you would never make this mistake again. Upon arrival in Li Yue, you suspected Childe is near Zhong Li. From what you heard from the traveller. Childe is always near Zhong Li. A walking bank and a walking encyclopedia. Maybe they sort of match well? Both are at least rich in something.

"Hello, Childe and Zhong Li. You have done your research I assume? Childe," you asked.

"Yes, this is the map of the Zapolyarny Palace. It's in this room," Childe pointed on the map. "Just to let you know. She has weapons specifically made for wiping out an archon. Their soul will disperse all around teyvat to no point of return. So be careful when you start adventuring to Zapolyarny Palace."

"Thank you for your assistance. Have a nice day Childe," you thanked and walked towards Wang Shu inn.

You got a room with Venti again. You sat on the bed, still very ashamed. Venti still had a big smile on his face. How can someone smile like that? Just right after someone has hurt them.

"I want to cuddle with you and then I want you to meet a friend of mine," he pounced on you.

He wrapped his arms around your waist and laid his head on your neck nook. His breath hit your neck made you feel tingly all over your body.

"Why's your body temperature rising?" Venti asked as his hand grazed over your arm. "What are you thinking?"

"N-nothing!" You immediately replied.

"It would be nice if we can stay like this. No interruptions would be the best don't you think?" Venti asked.

You hummed in response. You have no words for that statement he made. Venti got up and walked towards the exit of the room. A figure suddenly appeared.

"This is my friend Xiao. What do you think of him?" Venti asked.

"Venti...are people in teyvat this cute!? Come on he looks like an absolute fluff ball!" You replied.

"I am not worthy of such compliment," Xiao responded.

"Take it. I think you're cute too," Venti remarked.

"I will accept both your compliments," Xiao sighed. "I have duties to fulfil. I will take my leave."

Xiao left frankly. He felt a bit happy to have two people complimenting him. You thought how cute he was receiving those compliments, like a child finally getting attention from their parents.

"Venti, it's dinner time! Let's go eat!" You dragged him to the bottom floor.

Both of you looked at the menu and called in the waiter. Venti sat there pondering something. "Don't you think we should camp out? It would be easy on our money."

"Our mora...yeah! But where are we going to sleep?" You asked.

"Let's get a tent and two sleeping bags," Venti suggested.

"But...do you know where to buy these things?" You asked.

"Let's ask oncoming people from the adventurer's guild,"

After both of you have finally gotten your materials. Both of you camped out everywhere that you have travelled to. Finally, a month passed by, suddenly there was heavy rainfall.

"Venti! Let's play in the rain!"  You suggested with a smile.

"Won't we get sick?" Venti asked.

"The air isn't polluted! So there won't be acid rain! It's perfectly safe!"

"Fine... let's play in the rain. Do you want me to bring an umbrella?" Venti asked.

"Not necessary because we're going to play near the area of our tent!" You suggested.

"Fine. But once it gets heavy we will return to our tent," Venti reminded.

You nodded and pulled his wrist with you to the outside world of your humble abode. You had the brightest smile in the world. You never have played in the rain. You get to do whatever you want and the rain isn't polluted at all. You get to do this with someone you finally like.

"Isn't it fun?" You asked as you jumped and chuckled a little.

"Yeah! It's fun! But the rain is getting heavy! Let's head inside," Venti suggested.

You followed whatever he said and went in, drenched with the blue sky's tears. You spawned out two dry towels and gave one to Venti. You spawned out two sets of dry clothing and gave one to Venti. Again. You asked Venti to close his eyes as you wanted to wipe dry your body. He teased you about it until he finally agreed to close his eyes. You quickly do a wipe down and wear your new set of clothing. To your surprise, Venti was peeking a little.

"Barbatos!" You yelled as your face goes red.

He knew he was in trouble when you yelled his real name.

"I'm sorry! Forgive me!" He begged.

"Go wipe clean yourself first. I will deal with you later," you said as you turned away.

He tapped your shoulders after he was done. You gave him an earful about peeking on you and how disrespectful it was. He sat on your lap as his legs wrapped around your waist.

"Maybe I should reconsider my choice," you mumbled to yourself.

"I won't peek at you anymore! Forgive me!" He pleaded as he hung his arms on your shoulder.

"Did you grow taller? I used to look down on you when we're in this position...now we're eye to eye level," He asked with a sort of surprised face.

"Do you want to compare?"

"No, I would feel short,"

You chuckled at his response. You looked outside the tent to see it was night and the sky is clearing up. Free air-conditioning for you tonight. You insisted to go to sleep since the weather currently is the best for sleeping. Venti got off you and laid in his sleeping bag.

"My body feels very cold,"

"Cold!? But it's burning hot outside right now," Venti replied. "Did you get a cold from last night?"

"Maybe. Is there a pharmacy in Li Yue?" You asked.

"Yeah! I will bring you there right now," Venti said and brought your right arm over his neck. He held your left-hand firm in place over his neck and had his right hand around your waist. He teleported to an alleyway in Liyue harbour. He put your hand down and dragged you to Bubu pharmacy.

Venti ask to meet the doctor. You were escorted to a separate room with Venti beside you.

"I am Bai Zhu or you can address me as Dr Bai Zhu. What seems to be the problem for you today?" Bai Zhu asked.

"I think I have a cold," you replied.

"Let me take your temperature," He inserted a device into your ear. "Your temperature is pretty high. I will prescribe you some medication. You can take it from the front desk later."

"Thank you," Venti thanked him.

"I might give a little discount for this cute little patient," Bai Zhu joked as he gave you a head pat. "I'm joking. Remember to eat your medication."

You nodded with your newly appeared red cheeks. A head pat... something you never received before. The front desk man had already packed the medication. You paid for it and was about to leave, you heard Bai Zhu say, "if you're still feeling unwell after taking the medication. Remember to come back."

Is it happening again?

Venti had downcast eyes. He could feel the sense of fear creeping in. His heart nearly missed a beat. You nodded to Bai Zhu suggestion and held Venti's hand. You never heard such caring words before. Even if you heard it from people before you could tell it's fake. Especially strangers but Bai Zhu words seem so genuine.

"Venti, are people in teyvat always pretty?" You asked after your mealtime.

You ready yourself to swallow the medication filled with bitterness. You gulped them down all in one go.

"Do you find them pretty?"

"Yeah..."

"I think you should head to sleep. You should sleep, it would help you with your illness," Venti suggested as he fluffed a pillow and placed it under the pillow pocket.

You hummed in response as you held his right hand to sleep. He smiled a little but as time goes on he frowned. He slowly retracted his hand away, so you would not wake up with his sudden movement. Thunder could be heard from a distance. A heavy downpour came. Venti cradled up, his hands tucked under his knees. He tucked his head in between his legs. He finally syncs with his own emotions and let out a heavy flow of tears.

Lonely...I feel so lonely...

Why can't I have your heart?

Why does the hole in my heart never fill?

"I miss the old you. Y/n..."

'80 marks!? Why did I waste spending money on your tuition fee?'

'Dad, I don't like this room! It's dark! Let me out!'

'Mr plant, when would dad treat me nicely?' ... 'I wish you can respond. It's so lonely here.'

That was your first friend. Even if it's not human, you considered that as your friend.

'What do you mean you like me? Just because I showed you a little compassion doesn't mean anything. You're so stupid.'

'When are you coming back mother?'

You panted heavily as you sat up. You looked out and heard the crickets cricked. You looked to your side and saw Venti asleep. You suggested to yourself to walk around. You breathe in the fresh air as you touch the wet soil. The plants would grow well is what you first thought.

You walked around the area of the tent before you went back to sleep. A week has passed and the days were...normal if you say so yourself. Oh, how I want to crumble coup— I mean you took your medication even after you got fully healed. You went out to gather some food and when you finally returned. Venti called you over. "Y/n, we need to talk."

A new expression was formed on Venti's face. A negative one. His fumbled with his fingers. He breathe in and out a couple of times.

"What is that you want to talk about Venti?" You asked with a smile, with all the food you have gathered.

"Let's take a break from our relationship,"

Hey guyssss happy Deepavali! A little late but yes happy Deepavali to all the Hindu individuals or anyone that celebrates it! Also, enjoy this pic I found from Twitter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 619 33
Just when the job market starts drying up, the Octavinelle trio takes an interest in you. Taken from my Oneshots/stories collection. Cover art by me.
35K 1.3K 21
Lucifer only asked one thing of you. To stay away from the attic. Curiosity had gotten the better of you, and you went regardless of Lucifer's warnin...
11.8K 554 63
From my Ao3 acc! Thats how you know it's semi-good lol. A handsome new monster falls in love with you... but will he accept you as you are, or will y...
17K 738 33
After death.. Y/n gets reincarnated into the world of an anime.. Bungo Stray Dogs.. She ends up joining the Port Mafia and plays along with what has...