My mother married a Capo

By ElaheKarami

Alison Harris is a normal 17-year-old girl, living her normal life with her mother. That is when her mother s... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Important A/N
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: Mason and Bella's first date
A/N
Sequel

Chapter 4

47.3K 1K 1.1K
By ElaheKarami

Someone cleared his throat and Alison looked up and her gaze met Albert's and she shivered a bit. "So Alison," he said as he placed down his glass of wine. "We didn't have time to talk properly. Now I think is a good time. Welcome to the family."

"Thank you, sir." she answered shyly. Suddenly her throat felt dry and she had a feeling of an employee in front of her strict boss. One wrong move and you are fired.

"First of all, don't call me sir." said Albert. "You are part of the family and officially my daughter so I want you to call me dad or father like the boys."

Alison gulped and nodded. "I always expect verbal answers, Alison." said Albert authoritatively.

"Yes, ..... dad." she said trying her best not to cringe. The last word felt foreign to say after so many years.

Albert nodded. "That's good." he said and leaned back on his chair. "As you already know, you and your mother will live with us from now on. So I like to discuss a few rules with you which I expect you to follow." 

Alison frowned a bit, not liking the sound of rules at all. 

"I wish you feel yourself part of the family and feel good at your new home." began Albert. "We are a big family and always have each other's back and are respectful to each other. I want you to follow this lead as well."

"Uhh, sure, of course." said Alison with a smile.

"You will join the school with the older twins and Hunter." said Albert. "I'm not very fond of you having a boyfriend, especially with what happened with your last boyfriend."

Alison and Eva both shuddered at the mention of her last boyfriend, Fred.

"But I'm not going to restrict you. If I confirm him, there will be no problem. I know you have some guy friends as well. Your mother has already vouched for them, but let's hope they remain friends and not friends with benefits. You are all teenagers and at a tender age." said Albert.

Alison cringed at the thought. The thought made her feel disgusted. Never ever anything sexual had happened between them. They were like brothers and sisters and Alison knew all four of them felt the same. "That won't happen. I assure you." she promised firmly.

"Good," said Albert and continued. "Also I want you to practice self-defense with Mason, Rich, or Gino regularly during the week. I know that you are going to Kong Fu classes but still, I insist on this plan. Mason and Rich almost leading the company so you may not see them much, especially Mason, so Damien and Xander might train you as well."

"That's fine." shrugged Alison not having a problem with the second rule. She was practicing Kung Fu with her friends since she was 10 and now all four of them were considered professionals.

"And the last but the most important rule. I don't like to sugarcoat things, so I will go straight to the point." said Albert sternly. "We have a big line of work, and we have so many enemies who will try to bring down our company and they will use any trick to do so. You and your mother are the only females of the family and so the most vulnerable targets. So I want you to be extra careful and always let one of your brothers or Gino know if you are going somewhere. Understood?"

"Uhhh, what?" asked Alison confused, already knowing she was not going to follow it. Back at home, she was completely free to go where ever she wanted and her mother was fine because she knew she would be always with Ed, Logan, and Ash.

Albert pulled out a small box from his pocket and handed it to Alison. Alison opened the box's lid. Inside of it was a golden eagle with opened wings, in hunting mood, attached to a delicate golden chain.

"This is a gift, Alison. It's the King family crest. I want you to always have it with yourself." said Albert.

Alison looked at him knowingly. "I think it has a usage more than being a crest." she said.

Albert nodded, not hiding the fact the there was a tracker hidden in the necklace. "You are clever. Now you know why you should always have it." he said calmly.

"Honey, I wish you understand this is all for your own safety." said Eva reassuringly.

"Well, I'm not used to being monitored all the time. I didn't ask for it." said Alison a bit harshly and looked at Eva. "I don't understand why we need this much security." 

"Because everyone will think of you as a King. So fucking act like one." gritted Xander while glaring at Alison.

"I'm not a King. I'm Harris." hissed Alison, glaring back at him. Suddenly her rage that she had hardly restrained from last week, slowly surfaced.

"Don't raise your voice at your mother and brother, Alison." said Albert sternly. His tone was threatening. Alison gazed at him. Her chest was rising and falling with deep breathes. "I won't tolerate this kind of attitude. This is your new life whether you like it or not. If you won't do as I say and follow the rules I will have no choice but to set a bodyguard for you to follow you everywhere. The one thing that your mother talked me out of, so we won't invade your personal space."

"Alison!" called her mother pleadingly.

"This is fucking ridiculous." scoffed Xander.

"Xander, leave. Now." ordered Albert a bit angrily. Xander eagerly pushed back his chair and stood. Damien did the same and then they left the room together. The twins were eating their food with no care, completely ignoring the tension around them like they were used to it. Hunter was also eating while eyeing everyone with amusement dancing in his eyes.

Alison closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Alison!" called Albert. The annoyance in his voice alert Alison like a warning. 

She opened her eyes and stared at him. She wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of bowing in front of him and his ridiculous rules. He was not her father. "Sorry that I fought a little for my freedom." she said coldly. "I will do as you wish, sir. Like I have a choice."

She then stood as well and left the room, ignoring her mother's call for her. Only when she was outside, the reality hit her hard. She had nowhere to go. No home anymore. She could of course go to her friends' houses and they would welcome her with open arms, but it was not her home.

"Miss!" she turned her head and saw Gino standing beside the limo and keeping the door open for her. "Please, sit in the car." he said.

Alison closed her eyes in frustration and sighed defeated. There was no way to fight it anymore. She should have just bared it for a few months until she would turn 18.

She walked to the car and stopped in front of Gino. "Alison!" she said softly and looked at him. "Call me Alison, or Alie, or Al. Any one of them you like, just not miss."

Gino looked a bit shocked but he nodded. "Please sit inside, Alison." He said this time. "It's easier to protect you."

Alison smiled a bit and sat inside. To her relief, Xander and Damien weren't there. Suddenly her phone beeped and she took it out. Her heart warmed up as she saw a message from Logan in their group chat. 

Logan: Hey cutie pie! You're fine? Do I need to punch someone?

Just then more notifications came and she unlocked her phone and opened the group chat.

Ash: Shut up, L. Nobody needs to be punched for sure. Right, Al? 

Ed: Just call if you needed us to pick you up, Al. Whenever and wherever. My bike is in your service.

Alison smiled at the screen and tears welled up in her eyes. She was so tempted to ask them to pick her up but decided against it for the sake of her mother. She was already feeling bad for embarrassing her in front of Albert.

Alison: Hi, guys. Don't be worried. It's nothing I can't handle.

Logan: So I was right. Something is definitely wrong. We are coming to fetch you.

Alison sighed. He would become crazy when he was going in his overprotective mode over Ashley and Alison.

Alison: No! No! L, calm down. I'm fine. I will tell you everything at night.

Ed: You sure?

Ash: Alie, you know we will do anything for you.

Alison: I know, Ash. But seriously I'm fine. I will tell you everything later.

Logan: You won't get away from explaining, missy.

Alison: :))) okay, bossy.

Just then the door of the car opened and the others came in as well. First came Eva whose eyes softened when she saw Alison. She sat next to her and hugged her. "Oh, I'm sorry, Alie." whispered Eva in Alison's hair.

Alison shook her head and pulled away. "It was my fault." she said and then looked at Albert who had sat in front of them with twins next to him. Hunter was nowhere to be seen. Alison thought he must have gone somewhere as well. "I'm sorry for my behavior earlier. Everything is happening too fast for me. Forgive me." she apologized.

Albert nodded. "I hope it never happens again." he said sternly and handed her the necklace she had left in the restaurant.

"I will do my best." said Alison trying not to show her angry self. She took the necklace and hesitantly clasped it around her neck and Albert nodded satisfied.

The drive to her new home was quiet. Alison was looking out of the window all the time. She watched as they pulled into a less residential part of the city. Big villas with huge lands around them could be seen every 10 minutes. 

Finally, they reached a land bordered by black metal fences. After 5 minutes they reached huge black gates. The cars entered a paved road and slowly went further into the property. Alison watched the beautiful lands covered with arranged lines of trees in awe.

 Soon her eyes widened as she saw a huge white mansion coming into view. There was a fountain in front of it which was circled with the paved road. The drops of water falling down from the carved stone were shining like diamonds under the sunlight. The three-story mansion was full of windows. Four giant pillars were standing on the front porch proudly, keeping the second-floor balcony on top of them. The bushes and plants on the gardens were trimmed professionaly. Everything looked perfect.

Alison got out of the car after the others. The little twins ran inside the house chasing each other. Albert took Eva's hand and they walked up the few marble stairs and toward the giant front doors made of oak wood which were wide open.

The inside was as perfect as the outside. The interior had been designed perfectly and was furnished with the most luxurious yet elegant furniture. A spiral staircase was leading to the second floor and the floor was covered with dark marbles which were shining brightly. A very big chandelier was hanging from the high ceiling.

"Welcome home, Mrs. King." said a happy and energic voice, and Alison saw a very kind-looking middle-aged woman standing in the foyer. Her gray hair had been pulled into a neat bun and her white shirt and black skirt were well ironed. Her blue eyes were shining brightly. "You look gorgeous as always. Congratulations!"

"Thank you, Marisa." said Eva with a soft smile. "And please just call me, Eva."

"As you wish, Ma'am." said Marisa and then saw Alison and her eyes lit up. "Ah, and you should be, Alison. Finally, I met you." she said as she came and pulled Alison into a tight hug which she returned awkwardly. She then pulled a bit away and kept her at arm's length while looking at her up and down. "You look just like your mother. Beautiful and lovely." 

Alison returned her smile. "Thank you so much, Ma'am." she answered politely.

"Alison, this is Marisa." said Albert. "She is the head servant of the house and lives here with us. Everything in the house is under her order. She can help you adjust well."

"Ah, don't be worried, sir." said Marisa and squeezed Alison's hand. "I will make sure that she is comfortable. Please go and rest. It was an eventful day and you must be tired. I will show Alison her room."

Albert nodded. "I will see you for dinner, Honey." said Eva softly and kissed Alison's cheek, and then went upstairs with Albert.

"Okay, sweetheart." said Marisa and clapped her hands. "Let me give you a tour around the house and then I will show you to your room. Your stuff is waiting for you there to be unpacked."

Alison nodded politely and then followed Marisa on the tour around the huge mansion, trying her best to remember routes and rooms, wondering how her life was going to be like from that day.

-----------------------------------------

A/N: Hi guys. Please don't forget to vote and comment.

Thanks

Ela

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

707K 14.1K 51
(Messy plot) (4/5 plot holes, maybe more) 𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐭 - My hands dig into his shoulders, adjusting to the size of him inside of me. He gives me a...
499K 8.3K 26
Athena can't have him. He's her brother's best friend who has a tainted past. She hasn't seen him in over four years all because of a drama that she...
56.4K 2.1K 31
Ten years. It's been ten years since the boys have been held up in prison cells for accounts such as murder, drug possession and robbery. Four years...
211 3 31
THE BAD BOY Before I met Gianna, I'd thought I was living life to the fullest, wild and carefree. Now that I had her in my life I understood what it...