Forget-Me-Not (dreamxreader)

By red_fairy_lights

****Book 2 of the Blooms of War series**** C!Dreamwastaken X femreader She/Her pronouns Y/N wakes to find her... More

1|| Trapped
2|| A Dreadful Cage
3|| Enderian
4|| Undercover
5|| Wilbur?
6|| What I Remember
7|| They Were My Friends, Right?
8|| Fundy || Part 1
9|| Fundy || Part 2
10|| Ripples
11|| Waves
12|| Rainbow Feathers - Father's Day Special
13|| A Tale From Long Ago
14|| I love you truly || Part 1
14|| I love you truly || Part 2
15|| The Meeting
16|| Chess
17 || Escape
18 || Travellers
19 || Exile
20 || Execution || Part 1
20 || Execution || Part 2
21 || Cocoa and Compasses
|| Halloween special ||
22 || You're Not Real
24 || Solivagant
25 || An Ocean of White
26 || Mothers
27 || Clarity
28 || Old Friends
29 || Secrets
30 || Engagement
31 || The Antarctic Anarchist Commune
✧Christmas Special✧
32 || Michael
33 || Heros
34 || Mizpah
35 || Stories From Another Life
36 || Adjustment
37 || The Community House
38 || Loss
39 || Anger
40 || Worry
41 || Bargaining || Part 1
41 || Barganing || Part 2
42 || Lightning
43 || Moving Forward
44 || Getting Help
45 || Itsy Bitsy Spider
46 || Best Friends
47 || Great Responsibility
48 || Time Away
49 || New Recruits
50 || East and West
51 || Return
52 || Always
53 || Only the Night Sky
54 || Great and Sudden Change || Part 1
54 || Great and Sudden Change || Part 2
54 || Great and Sudden Change || Part 3
55 || Action
56 || You Are My Everything
57 || Nostalgia
58 || War
59 || Silence
60 || Epilogue
Final Words From The Author :)

23 || The Truth

375 26 14
By red_fairy_lights

TW: YELLING, SWEARING, DEPRESSIVE THOUGHTS, POVERTY, SLAVERY, MENTIONS OF FAMILY DEATH

Huge inspiration from the video in the banner <3 Credits to Taytei

Also, this chapter is pretty short... I also didn't proof read, let me know if there are errors <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~ Tommy's P.O.V ~~~~

The beach is quieter today. The wind has ceased its whistles and instead floats gently fluffing my hair and wafting the horrible stink of the bird shit on the rocks straight into my nostrils. A familiar face sits next to me, he'd become a more constant companion recently, no matter how much I wanted him to just leave me alone. 

"I miss you, but your right here," I speak my thoughts aloud. Tubbo snorts with laughter. 

"Are you telling the truth?" he asks absentmindedly. Today he was wearing a suit, no longer in his favourite green shirt. 

"Of course I am," I scoff. 
"Then why haven't you come home?"
"I can't,"
"I'm losing interest,"
"In what?"
"You."

The words shock me even though I know they're coming from my own mind. 
"Bullshit, you're not even real," I snap quickly.
"Are you sure of anything these days?"

I don't speak and let the crashing grey waves fill the silence. Whitewash seeps into the damp sand leaving a light line of foam. The same here wasn't soft like on the beaches in L'Manburg. Here, it was coarse and rough and far from a dainty sandy yellow. It was as if someone has taken grey paint and yellow paint and mixed them before pouring it all over the sand. Everything seemed grey here, besides the grass I guess. 

I'm not sure of anything these days. Dream comes to look after me, talk to me, be my friend but then he blows up my stuff in a pit. I don't remember if that's normal or not. I used to think the seagulls that raided the shores were my only companions, but even they left when the day broke away into the evening. I feel a familiar question circle my brain. 

"Is it true nobody misses me?" I blurt out. 
"Yes, very true indeed. Why would we ever miss someone as reckless and destructive as you?" Tubbo laughs and stands up. His horns catch a gleam in the sunlight as I watch him walk away. He continues to cackle, the sound was horrible; it made my stomach sink deep into my body. 

Out of nowhere, he pulls out a coin and flips it. It sparkles and shines and then hits his palm with a satisfying smack. 

Suddenly, I was alone again. 

~~~~ Y/N's P.O.V ~~~~

Lorelei hugs me so tightly for a second I worry if she'll hug all the air out of me. But I'm sure I'm hugging her back just as tightly. I hear her sniffle quietly in my shoulder, it was a hard day for all of us. Ranboo and Myles talked in hushed tones not far from us by the driver's seat of the caravan. 

We'd stopped at a crossroads, Lorelei and Myles would continue their travels to the coastal towns and Ranboo and I would head inland. As far inland as we could go, we weren't sure where it would take us but it was where the voices wanted me to go. 

Lorelei and I unwillingly separate so I can pick up my rucksack from where I'd dropped it by my feet. I feel a tickle on my cheek and lift a hand to wipe away the wetness. 

I walk over to Angus and dig into my pocket for the carrot I'd kept for him. His warm, muscled tongue swipes over my hand collecting its prize and trapping it between his teeth. I can tell that he isn't fond of us leaving either. He seemed sadder than usual, slow to pull the caravan and droopy this morning not wanting to graze like usual. 

I kneel in front of the giant grey bull and take his great big face in my hands. He huffs as I kiss his forehead. 

"Look after them," I whisper to him. He seems to understand well enough; I move back to say my goodbyes to Myles. 

Like Lorelei, he hugs me in a big warm hug. 

"We're going to miss you, the cacti especially," he jokes trying to lighten the damp atmosphere. I laugh breathily and pull away again. 

"We're going to miss you guys too," Ranboo speaks for me knowing all too well that if I tried to speak I would burst into tears. 

"You two better come back or else Lian, Jade and Ting will have my head," Lorelei says with a thick voice. I sniffle and nod; Ranboo wraps a comforting arm around my shoulders and I lean into his side. 

"Oh before I forget!" he says and digs into his jacket pocket. I watch as he takes out a palmful of Allium flower seeds. His favourites. 

"Something to remember us by," he says softly. Lorelei looks like she's about to shatter and makes a little squeaky noise as Myles wraps an arm around her shoulders as well. Lorelei takes the seeds as if they were precious diamonds and holds them in her fist by her heart. Even in her dismay, she still had a bright twinkle in her eye. 

"Thank you so much for everything, there aren't enough words for me to say that properly," I manage to say. 

"And we couldn't be more glad that we found the two of you on the side of the road," Lorelei smiles sadly, I let out a singular weak chuckle. None of us knew how to do this. 

Myles helped Lorelei back into the driver's seat with him and he took Angus's reins. 

"We'll see you later then," Myles says. 
"When L'Manburg is free, you must come and find it," I call to them. 
"We'll be there," Myles tries to keep us upbeat but it doesn't stop the sad pang from shooting through my chest as Angus's reins snap and he starts walking again. 

Lorelei looks back at us and waves, still clutching the seeds close. We wave back to her. Somehow I knew that they were a pair we'd never forget. 

~~~~ Tommy's P.O.V ~~~~~

The dank smell of the cave was slick against the walls and was only amplified by the smell of saltwater. I could feel the moisture from the sandy floor seeping into my filthy jeans, chilling me to the bone. Photos of Tubbo and I stared back at me as I flicked through them in the dark space. 

 Tubbo and I were meant to be best friends, we were meant to last forever. We promised that it would always be the two of us no matter what. What bullshit. 

We said we'd stay the same and stay together. But Tubbo changed, I think I'm still the same. The old Tubbo would have visited me. Hell, I wouldn't even be here if Tubbo was still the same as he was. 

Wilbur was meant to be my best friend. He swore we'd be brothers forever, that he'd look after me. More bullshit. I remember when we were best friends, just Wilbur and me. We did everything together, whilst Techno did whatever older brothers did whenever you're not around them. Probably sucking up to Dad. 

****

I brushed away angry tears and hugged my knees to my chest for comfort. Despite my foul mood the stupid birds still sing in the tree behind me and the sun shines just beyond the hedges that surrounded me. 

Stupid Wilbur, stupid Techoblade. 

Sparring was supposed to be fun. I was supposed to win and be super cool like them but they kept beating me. I'd angrily thrown off my shoes so I could get a better grip of the ground hoping that my toes would keep me steady in the messy earth. 

I don't know how long I've been sitting here for but nobody has come to find me. That's fine if they don't want to find me, I don't want them to find me anyways. They're dumb, I'm better than them. I huff sharply and press my cheeks to my knees. 

I ignore the stings from the cuts I got from the brambles and I don't bother with the gross crud that was sticking in my hair. 

More time passes and I've just about given up being found. The sun starts to set; the bright sun turns to gold and shadows grow longer with the passing minutes. I only look up from the line of ants I had been watching when I hear frantic footsteps crashing towards me. I know who they belong to. 

"TOMMY!" Wilbur shouts seeing me by the tree and pushing through the massive shrub in front of me. 

"Are you alright Tommy? Are you hurt?" he frets as he collapses on his knees in front of me. I scowl angrily. 

"Promise me you won't team with Techno again," I blurt out and hold out my pinky finger. 
"What Tommy-"
"You're meant to be my brother too! You're meant to be my best friend!" I shout and feel tears prick behind my eyes again. I hold out my pinky again and give Wilbur my sternest expression. 

I see him sigh and soften from worry to acceptance. He takes my pinky in his and links them tightly. 

"Alright Tommy, I'll be your best friend."

****

In the blink of an eye clasped pinkies and forests turned to clasped fists and revolutionary uniforms. Running towards battle turned into running for our lives into a dark dank cave. Jokes turned to senseless maniacal rants. Best friends turned to brothers turned to... I don't even know what we were before he died. 

All I knew was that he wasn't my brother anymore. 

~~~~ Y/N's P.O.V ~~~~

Ranboo and I stare at the village in the distance. 

"Do we go in?" I contemplate aloud. 
"We need a map, Lorelei and Myles didn't have one," Ranboo replies. 

"Why would we need a map?"
"To know where we are."
"Why do we need to know where we are if we don't know where we're going?"
"To see where other towns are."

"Good point," I say finally. 

We take out the cloaks that we'd been given by Lorelei and Myles. Ranboo carefully tucks his tail behind the fabric and walks beside me. We stay silent as we enter the town being sure to keep to the shadows.

The place was completely desolate. Not a single soul was visible, there was no talking, no laughter, nothing. Not even the wind would be so kind as to whistle for us. I peeked out from under my hood at the place we found ourselves in. I squinted at the buildings, they looked like they had been painted hastily. They were all a cool white colour with tiled roofs. 

I bump into Ranboos arm. I give him a questioning look, he only points at the wall of a building in front of us. In blood red, the symbol of the dark army had been painted. 

This was an occupied town. 

I curse under my breath and we look around for any sort of building we can enter, but all around us were houses. 

"We need to go to the town centre," I whisper. 
"That's mad, if we do that someone could recognise us," Ranboo whispers back. 
"We have no other option," I conclude. 

We continue with warier steps and wide frightened eyes peeled for any sign of the familiar black uniform. 

It seemed strange to me, the town was almost familiar but I'd never seen anything like it. Washing lines strung between buildings but in a way that seemed hesitant. Balconies were devoid of anything. No plants or chairs or windows. The windows we could see were all tucked away behind their wooden shutters. 

Eventually, we saw a small patrol of soldiers. They conversed buoyantly and held their weapons casually. They didn't even spare us a glance. 

This town must have been occupied for a while if they're so casual. This must be a quiet place away from the front lines of the war. 

As we near the town centre we see some townspeople and observe for a moment. They all walked with their heads down and hoods up if they had them. Their clothes were fraying or town and they were dirty. The army had bled the town dry and merchants are too afraid to trade here. They were suffocating the town, squeezing all the life out of it until they could use it as a puppet. It was disgusting. 

People lined up to use a water spout and held their buckets close to their chest as two skinny young girls pulled the lever under the watchful eye of a soldier. The girls wore thin rags that no doubt did nothing to keep out the winter chill. At least it didn't snow in these regions, if it did I'm sure they would be dead. I clench my jaw as I watch them use whatever weight they have on their body to pump the water spout. 

A fountain sits in the centre, but it's dry and waterless. The place still seemed familiar to me. I can't tear my eyes away from the poor girls pulling the lever of the water spout. They take turns when one is finished she stands silently by the soldier whilst the other pumps the lever. The girl at his side watches him fearfully. He's hurt her before, I know he has. My rising distress bubbles in my stomach like an angry swarm of wasps. 

I watch as a young boy and girl approach them, equally as skinny and dishevelled. The soldier drops two measly silver slivers into one of the girl's hands and they sprint off to a shop. They weren't slaves, but they weren't far from it. The soldier cares very little as he barks at the next two children. 

Ranboo whispers that we should move but I grab his arm to stop him. I'm entranced by the new little girl. She looked incredibly familiar. Something niggled at the back of my mind. Remembering what I had spoken about with the voices, I leant into the sensation. 

I'm whipped by a headache and a memory. I feel my eyes widen to the size of saucepans when it all hits me. 

"I've been here before!" I whisper shout to Ranboo. 
"What? What do you mean?" he asks urgently. 
"I've been to this town with Dream," I say wracking my brain for anything useful. But all that comes to mind is the little girl by the water spout, one of the girls that braided my hair for me. 

"The bakery! We need to go to the bakery," I leave no room for explanation and pull Ranboo down the street to where I remember the bakery was. Luckily, it was still there. 

I don't remember the bakery this way. When I was last here, there were shelves with pastries and pies and sweet bread and treats. But now, the shelves held little more than a few loaves of bread that looked like it was going stale.

Nobody had money to buy food, let alone something as expensive as a loaf of bread. The bakery would go out of business. All because of some sick guy who wants control. 

I spot the girl behind the counter and relief fills me. She was still here, the same girl that talked to me and Dream. I quickly scoot over to the counter and Ranboo looms nearby, ducking his head so he fits in the small room. 

"Hi, how can I help you," she sounds like a drone but her face is alight with emotions, mostly fear. She can't peel her eyes away from Ranboo.  
"Hello, don't worry about him. We're not here to hurt you. Do you remember me at all?" I ask and take off my hood. She shakes her head anxiously. 

"I came here in the spring with a man wearing a white mask," I reintroduce myself. I see something click behind her eyes.  

"You!" she whispers. I watch as she looks over my shoulder and out the shop window. 
"Come with me, quickly," she opens the small door that leads behind the counter. We follow her into a back room. 

It wasn't a regular back room of a store, it was her house. I recall she lives in the bakery as well as works in it. It belongs to her family. 

"What happened here?" I ask and she pulls out chairs at the table for us. 
"The Dark Army invaded, what else is there to know?" we sit down opposite her. 

"They dried up what little money the town had and killed so many people," she summarises. 
"What about you? Is your family alright?" I ask gently. 
"You remember my mother?" I nod with a sad smile. 

"She died, I'm still not sure why. We think she was sick but she refused to talk to us. All of the crops from the season were taken by the army for rationing. We get nothing now and I'm still expected to bake. I've dropped the prices as low as I can make them but it's still too expensive for most people. We've had a heavy drought and the town is now rationing water too. A bucket a day, it's barely enough to live on," as she speaks my heart continues to ache for the little town. 

"Is there anything I can do?" I ask pleadingly. 
"Nothing unless you plan on overthrowing the army," she attempts the joke but her laughter is dry. 
"Well I wouldn't be opposed to the idea," I try, she laughs a little more. 

"What do you guys need? I know you're not here for a visit," she says. 
"A map please," I ask and she gets up and opens a chest in the corner. She comes back and slides a crinkled map to Ranboo. 

"You need to run out of here now. Follow the streets behind the bakery, they'll lead you to the maize fields. The soldiers don't patrol there because all the fields are dead. You'll be hidden," she instructs and leads us back out to the front of the shop. 

"If it's that easy why don't you come with us?" I ask but she shakes her head. 
"This is my home, even if it's like this now, I have to have hope that we'll be happy here in the future," she says. 

"Now go, quickly!"

****

Ranboo and I trudge through the forest feeling breathless and tired from the run. Nobody had seen us, we were sure of it, but that didn't make running any less terrifying. I was hidden by the maize but Ranboo wasn't. He had to duck to stay hidden. 

"I wonder how many other towns are like that," I breathe. 
"Lorelei and Myles went so far out of their way to stay away from places like those, they must be everywhere," Ranboo replies. 

We stop for a moment and look around at the forest. The trees were evergreen and hadn't lost their leaves for the winter. From what we could see, the forest was vast. 

"What are we going to do?" I wonder. 
"What can we do?"

Keep moving. 

The voices add into our conversation and I feel the pull at my naval. 

"The voices say we need to keep moving," I relay to Ranboo. 

"There really is nothing we can do," he says and I still don't answer. I didn't want to believe it. I don't want to believe that those people are trapped. That they're prisoners in their own home just like we were.

One day, I'll get them out. 

~~~~

HELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WELCOME TO THE END OF THE CHAPTER. 

We're moving at pace people! Things are happening!!!!!!

See you all in the next chapter <3

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL MORNING/DAY/EVENING/NIGHT <3 <3 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 257 15
When Y/N joins the Dream SMP, she and George seem to get along very well but what happens when Dream starts to catch feelings for his best friend's c...
41.1K 1.1K 19
"please will wake up. you can't leave me yet." the silence that followed only broke her heart more. wilbur soot x (fem) reader :) the story will rev...
300K 8.9K 37
"I know what it's like to be used! ...and so do you. Stay with me, please." A story in which the reader becomes a Technoblade apologist. ===== Cover...
1.9M 76.9K 100
▍ π„π‘π‘Γ˜π‘ ! ↳ βͺ 𝖺 π–½π—Œπ—†π—‰ π–Ώπ–Ίπ—‡π–Ώπ—‚π–Όπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡ . . . ❫ ❛ OH DARLING LOOK HOW DIRTY YOU'VE MADE ME BECOME ❜ 🍷 ΰ£ͺΦΈ Ϋ° πŸ’ β€Ί ...