Riddle And Grindelwald

By fayally1998

After her parents deaths, Genevieve Grindelwald is raised by her uncle Gellert. But Gellert Grindelwald has n... More

1. Prologue
2. Banished
3. New World
4. The Sorting
5. Salazar Slytherin
6. The Suspicious Teacher
7. Home Truths
8. Prefects
9. The Future
10. The Final Secret
11. Perfect Pair
12. Search Team
13. The Chamber Of Secrets
14. Plotting A Murder
15. Horror At Halloween
16. Queen Of Lies
17. Reassurance
18. Summons
19. The Diary
20. Special Request
21. The First Death
22. The Scapegoat
23. Guilt
24. Horcrux
25. Planning The Future
26. The Worst News
27. Mourning
28. Home Sweet Home
29. Killer Instinct
30. Incomplete
31. The Deathly Hallows
32. Alchemy
33. A Fractured Soul
34. Seven Parts
35. Redemption
36. The Dark Mark
37. Coronation
38. Death Eaters
39. Albania
40. Crown For A Queen
41. Top Dogs
42. Knowledge Is Power
43. Safe Keeping
44. House Hunters
45. Big Top
46. Promises and Plots
47. The Start Of A Revolution
49. The Victor
50. The Truth Hurts
51. A Changed Woman
52. The End Of The Beginning

48. The Legendary Battle

546 19 0
By fayally1998

Once all of Gellert's supporters had arrived, he turned to address them all.
"My friends, it is time for us to fight for the world we wish to build. There will be casualties and losses, but in the end, it will all be worth it. For the greater good!" Announced Gellert.
"For the greater good!" Shouted Gellert's followers in unison.
"Now, it is finally time for you all to split up into your groups, and begin the battle. It shouldn't take long for the aurors to arrive, and once they do, we will fight down until the very last man. Now, off you go" instructed Gellert.

The fighters all split off into groups and began making their way through the city.
Gellert wanted to make things harder for the aurors, by placing his followers throughout the city, and have them make chaos wherever they went.
Genevieve, Gellert and the largest group were staying where they were.
"Are you ready?" Gellert whispered to Genevieve.
"I don't think I'll ever be ready" admitted Genevieve nervously.
"Would you like to be the one to start off the revolution?" Asked Gellert.

"Me?" Frowned Genevieve.
"Why not? I'm doing all this for you, to make a better world for you to grow up in" informed Gellert.
"What do I have to do?" Questioned Genevieve.
"Just send up red sparks with your wand. Everyone in the city will see it, and they will start performing magic"
"That's all I have to do?"
"Yes. I mean, it would be best if you made a spectacle of yourself, since this is an important moment in history. For instance if you climbed on top of that water feature in the centre of the square, and set of a sensational firework display, that would be good. But you can do whatever you like. I trust that you will make me proud".

Genevieve stepped away from Gellert and began to make her way towards the water fountain.
She carefully climbed into the middle of the fountain, and stood on top of the sculpture of the mermaid which sat in the centre.
A few people stared at her, but a lot of people just carried on walking.
Genevieve took a deep breath and removed her wand from her pocket.
What she was about to, would get her sent to Azkaban, for intentially performing magic in front of Muggles, was illegal.

Gellert gave her a reassuring smile, and Genevieve knew it was time to take a stand.
She raised her wand into the sky, and closed her eyes as she sent up red sparks, which exploded in the sky above her.
Genevieve opened her eyes and saw that she had attracted the attention of all the Muggles around her.
Before she could chicken out, Genevieve sent up more sparks, and she didn't stop until she heard more explosions throughout the city.
The Muggles in the square stared and gasped at Genevieve's magic. Some even took their large cameras out of their pockets and began taking pictures of her.

Gellert approached the fountain, and offered Genevieve his hand.
She took it and allowed him to help her down off the statue.
"Greetings Muggles. It's time you realised just how small you are. You live in a world filled with magic, which you have been oblivious to, thus far. But today, things will change. It is time for my people to take their rightful place above you all" announced Gellert, in Swedish.
He then pointed his wand at a nearby Muggle, "levicorpus".
The Muggle was raised into the air by his ankles, causing those with magic to laugh.
Gellert then dropped the Muggle, letting him crash onto the ground.
This caused the Muggles to panic and begin to run around manically. But everywhere they turned, there was another witch or wizard, waiting to perform more magic on them.

Genevieve could hear screams from across the city, and she could see fire and explosions in the distance.
She felt bad for the Muggles, who ran around helplessly, for there was nothing they could do to escape those with magic.
It was then that Genevieve realised Muggles were no different to people like her. They were all human, and they all felt fear and pain.
It was not Muggles that Genevieve wanted to hurt, and she hated that Gellert was using the Muggles, to gain attention from the Ministry of Magic.
She had been raised by Gellert, but it was at that moment she realised she didn't care about his cause at all.

"This doesn't feel right" admitted Genevieve, as she made her way over to Gellert.
"Doing the good thing, doesn't always feel right. And watching people suffer is not something a good person should enjoy. But we must do whatever is necessary for the greater good. This isn't just about us and what we want, this is for the greater good of the whole wizarding world" replied Gellert.
"But these people are innocent" insisted Genevieve.
"And how many of our innocent people, have been killed or imprisoned because of these Muggles?"
"It's not the Muggles fault though. It's those that fight for the Ministry that are the bad ones".

"You're right. But it is too late to stop now" informed Gellert.
"Why?" Questioned Genevieve.
"Because the aurors are here" revealed Gellert, as he pointed at the sky, where blue sparks had just exploded.
Genevieve thought back to the meeting that morning and remembered that if someone saw aurors or Ministry officials turn up, they were to send up blue sparks with their wands, to alert everybody else.
"And so it begins" continued Gellert, as he gripped his wand tightly, and prepared for the fight that was to come.

Genevieve had been involved in duels before at Hogwarts, but nothing prepared her for fighting in a real battle.
She felt as if her heart was beating twice as fast, as she manoeuvred her way across the square, facing dozens of aurors, all of whom were attempting to kill her.
But despite this, she still couldn't bring herself to use lethal spells, instead she chose to stun her opponents, as she didn't want anyone's blood on her hands.
Aurors kept appearing, all wearing different coloured uniforms, depending on which country they came from. And they came ready for a fight, whereas Gellert's forces were starting to tire.

As a building beside Genevieve suddenly blew up, she was thrown across the square, landing in a heap on the floor.
Feeling rather winded, Genevieve dragged herself underneath a nearby truck to hide and catch her breath.
She could see blood streaming down her face, and her right foot felt as if it was broken. But still, she was prepared to keep on fighting, for even though she didn't believe in Gellert's cause, she did not want to die.

Genevieve was about to roll out from under the truck, when suddenly she saw a figure calmly stroll into the square, with his wand raised.
She realised that she was seeing her vision happen in real life, although it was not from the angle she had seen in her vision. Which meant that something had changed between then and now, altering the time line.
In her vision, she had been fighting by Gellert's side, but things had changed, because now she was lying on her stomach underneath a truck.
This change must have been her decision not to believe in her Uncle's cause anymore. And this decision had changed her future.

Several of Gellert's followers tried to attack Dumbledore, but he managed to fend them off without breaking a sweat.
Eventually all the fighting around them stopped, as Dumbledore and Gellert stood opposite each other, both wearing expressions of guilt.
"Hello old friend" said Gellert, as he tried to get his breath back.
He had been fighting for a long time, and was clearly very worn out. Unlike Dumbledore, who was in perfect fighting condition.

The pair were close enough that they didn't have to shout to each other. And Genevieve felt sure she was the only one close enough to hear their conversation, as she was hidden underneath the truck, where neither of them could see her.
"It's been a long time since I've called you friend, Gellert" admitted Dumbledore.
"Yes, too long" replied Gellert.
"Well, you have been avoiding me" reminded Dumbledore.
"And here I thought you were the one who was avoiding me".
"We both knew this day would come, and I'm done putting it off any longer".

"Are you sure you don't want to go home and leave me to do as I please?" Questioned Gellert.
"No, I let you go once before, and that was the biggest mistake of my life. All the destruction you have caused since then, is my fault. And I will not let you cause any more pain" answered Dumbledore.
"You really think that you are strong enough to defeat me in combat?" Asked Gellert.
"I do not know if I can beat you. But I must try if I am to stop this insane quest of yours"
"You once shared my quest for power, Albus. We were to join together and become the masters of death. We were going to rule over the Muggles together"
"That was a long time ago, and I no longer want any part in your plans. I will do whatever it takes to stop you".
Gellert sighed and pointed his wand at Dumbledore, "So be it".

Genevieve wasn't sure who fired first, for both Dumbledore and Gellert's spells hit each other at the very same time.
As the pair fought, Genevieve realised why her uncle had been afraid of Dumbledore for so long.
Her Transfiguration teacher was a baddass.
Dumbledore fought better than anyone Genevieve had ever seen.
She knew that if Gellert hadn't had the Elder wand, Dumbledore would have already beaten him.
But despite his skill, Genevieve didn't know if Dumbledore could win. For she didn't think the Elder wand could ever lose a fight, as that would go against its very nature, since it was supposed to be the most powerful wand in existence.
So she was unsure of who would come out of the battle victorious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

750K 17.7K 69
❌ This is my first work so I apologize for any inconsistencies and mistakes. I am also not touching this with a ten foot pole. It is an abomination s...
105K 3.1K 22
After the death of her father Anna has changed. She starts to learn about the power Voldemort has told her about. Her powers grow stronger if possibl...
50.4K 1.5K 49
Pining after Voldemorts girl is like asking for an early death. +++++ Tallulah Malfoy is the older sister of Lucius and completely in love with Tom...
3.5M 145K 62
COMPLETE; don't read if you want fluffy, out-of-character tom. 18+ In 1926, Grindelwald is captured for the first time by Newt Scamander, making his...