Can't help it, I want you. (R...

By ingoadler

The year is 1984, in Langley, Virginia. Soon to be stationed in Berlin, Germany. Your name is (Y/N) (L/N). Yo... More

New addition.
Do you want to?
Close and personal.
I don't belong to you.

Decorations and suspicions.

375 5 8
By ingoadler

■■■■ (Y/N)'s POV. ■■■■
"Uggggghhh..." I groaned as my alarm blared in my ears. "Really..?" Staring at the red numbers below my gaze. Groggily, I swiftly made it up and out of bed, slapping my alarm clock. A yawn escaped my mouth. Razer yawned with me as I giggled and stretched. "Good morning, darling. Sorry to wake you up so early." I picked him up nuzzling our noses together. His tail wagged back and forth quickly. "Oh boy.." I sighed. "Wonder what today will be like." Razer yipped from my hands. I placed him down and his feet tapped over to the door. It was cold in my room, I had noticed. The door knob was cold to the touch. Razer scratched at the door as it opened, suddenly darting down the stairs and sitting next to his food bowl, wagging his tail.
"You know.." I said out loud.
"This place could use a little decorating, couldn't it?" I smiled to Razer. His head tilted as his tail continued to wag. He yipped once more.

"I agree." I giggled, feeding Razer and returning to my room. Dressing up in another pencil skirt, but this time with a flared bottom. It was stretchy and navy blue. I paired it with a long sleeved gray blouse, with white ends and a short navy blue coat to match my skirt. I wore a pair of gray heels that matched my skirt and jacket. My hair was up in a slicked back low bun. Struggling to make my way down the stairs in high heels, I brought a pair of sweats, slippers, and a shirt with me to change after work. This was uncomfortable, but it's what my parents wanted. I sighed, walking downstairs to eat my own breakfast. Oatmeal with some fruit and a thing of vanilla yogurt. My watch read 5:16 A.M. I had to be there by 6:00 A.M. To talk to Adler.

My thoughts trailed to what he could possibly have to say. Finishing my breakfast and grabbing Razer, I drove him to my parents house, only 5 minutes away. I stopped by, and said my hello's and goodbye's. I rushed against the time, leaving some stuff for Razer and telling them how to take care of him. It was as stressful as a child at that point. 5:37 A.M. Fuck. I drove as if I was rushing a pregnant lady or a dying person to the hospital. Almost dropping my hot coffee on myself multiple times and crashing, or running through red lights. I swerved into the parking lot, pulling into a spot. My door slammed as I grabbed my belongings. The car beeped and my heels clicked against the pavement. I was panting like a dog. 5:50 AM. "Gah-!" My coffee spilled right in front of my face, my hands scratched up and my face with a few cuts. "Ouch.." I pulled myself up, determined to get to his office. I left my coffee behind with a whimper. "Really needed that.." I winced in pain.

By the time I reached Adler's office, my hands were on my knees and I was wheezing. My back had bent, fixing my posture as I patted myself down and wiped the blood from my face and hands. It wasn't TOO bad.. Still hurt though.. The cold water soothed my dry throat as I knocked on the door, placing the water back in my bag. The door creaked open, Adler looking down.
"Miss (L/N)-.. What.." He stopped, looking up to me.
"Don't ask.." We stood silently for a few seconds.
"....Do you have any band aids..?" I giggled nervously.
"I- Uh... Yeah.." He stammered. I managed to make it to the chair across from his, patting myself down and cleaning up. My makeup had wiped off as I was patting my face with a damp tissue.

He cleared his throat as he closed his door. He motioned for me to stand up, moving my chair next to his. I sat down, and sat in his chair too. "Are you okay?" He questioned. "Yes I-.. I'm fine." I winced as the cuts on my face burned from the water. He reached into his drawers grabbing different band aids. I reached to grab one, but he had pulled out some cotton balls and rubbing alcohol first. My eyebrows furrowed, as I knew what as happening. I closed my eyes, bracing for impact. The sloshing of the alcohol being placed onto a cotton ball filled the room. Suddenly, a hand gently wrapped around my left cheek. I melted into his hand, not feeling human touch, or even this kind of warmth in ages. A sigh of relief had been cut short as I slightly jolted back to the rubbing alcohol touch my cuts. "Ah.." My eyes squinted harder. "Sorry.." He whispered. The cotton ball left my face, and a new one was pressed against my skin.

"It's okay. You're just trying to help." I smiled weakly, opening my eyes. It was as if everything was happening in slow motion. I admired his beauty, then I realized his aviators had come off. His eyes were beautiful. So beautiful, I got lost in them to the point where he was calling my name. "O-Oh.. Sorry." I turned my head, shielding my red face. "I said can I see your hands?" He held his out. "Sure." My hand landed on his palm, another cotton ball touching my own palm. My teeth gritted as I gripped onto his upper thigh tightly. A low chuckle left his mouth. His hand moved to grab a band aid as my release loosened. I took a deep breath in and out. Then he had placed the band aid on my palm. "Sorry!" I stuttered, realizing my hand was on his thigh. "Habit.. You know, grab onto something tightly when-..? Never mind." I was flustered.

"It's okay, I understand." He had rubbed the alcohol on my other hand once more, as he held my clean and bandaged hand in his other, allowing me to grip it tightly. After another minute or so, he patched up my hand.
"All done. Feel better?" He looked at me.
"Yes, thank you, and I'm sorry." I looked up at him, with a sad face.
"For what?" He questioned.
"The trouble, I apologize. I meant to get here on time, ...unharmed..." My mood began to lower, but he had me giggling after he laughed lowly at my remark.
This man was truly nice. Why would Bell treat him this way? A "bullet wound?"
He could obviously tell something was off.

"Where is Bell?" I hesitated to ask.
His face dropped as he looked down at his desk.
"I-I'm not sure.." His answer was short, and sounded almost fearful.
We had been awkwardly silent for a few moments before I cut the ice.
"So.. what did you call me in here for?" I rubbed the back of my neck.
"Oh, yes, um.." He stuttered. "A lot, actually.." Adler continued, taking a deep breath. "So.. I actually don't know where Bell is. She usually wonders off around this time, after berating me during the car ride." Jesus..
"I'm sorry."
Really?
Really (Y/N)? Stupid stupid me.. That's all I could say?
"Yeah.." He avoided my eyes.
"Tell me about her."
"Bell..?" He looked up, still avoiding my gaze.
"Yeah." I nodded.

"Well... We met in '81 at an airstrip in Turkey when I rescued her from a Perseus agent that had shot her and left her for dead due to.. 'unwanted competition.'" He finger signaled. "To say the least, it wasn't pretty. We had actually met later on, but only in her mind. During that time, we brainwashed her, replacing memories of hers with mine." He took a drag of his cigarette that was previously lit, blowing it through his nose, away from my face. "After a little bit, we had grown close and become attracted to each other. But, we had to keep it professional. Especially considering the circumstances, with her being EX-KGB and all. Well.. not really EX, but you get my point." I nodded, leaning back in my chair. "Naturally, she was taken back to Langley and that's where she was brainwashed. Fucked up, but it worked. Got us to where we are now." His voice was stagnant. "One day, she had done her job. But for reasons the CIA witholds that's too many to explain right now, she had to go. And I wasn't going to lock her up forever. As difficult as a decision as it was for me to make, we had to terminate her. Entirely. And I was the one chosen to do it. So I did. Or at least, I tried." He choked back on his words. It was almost as if a lump had gotten caught in his throat.

"She had been found alive. Barely alive, but still alive. They saved her, she came back for her revenge. We fell in love all over again. It was like she was her old self again. Then a few months ago, she turned out like.. Well... Her." His cigarette swiftly and smoothly moved from his lips to his ash tray. I had no words. What he did was fucked up, but what she did was just as bad. She had returned to make him fall in love with her again, as if it wasn't already a difficult choice. And now she's doing this? It'd be hard to get over that, but if anything I'd just kill him. Considering her skills and all, but I guess he does deserve the torture in a way. "Well.. That's uhm-.. Interesting to say the least." I said awkwardly, leaning foward.
The room fell silent as he sat up in his chair.

"....You don't think I'd do that to the one I love under a different circumstance, right..?" His voice was low, almost like a whisper.
"N-No! Oh, God no." I had thrown my hands in the air, waving my palms side to side as I stammered. He nodded his head lightly, turning to put out his cigarette. He leaned foward towards me, and our faces were only about an inch apart. His aviators had laid on his desk next to us, so I saw it all. All of the raw emotion in his eyes, under that rock hard, cold, skin. I leaned closer, unable to control what I was doing. My hand reached up to caress his cheek. He grabbed my hand, making me stand with him, my palm never leaving his face. "I'm sorry this is happening to you." Our faces inched closer as his hand wrapped around my waist. "It's okay." He whispered onto me. I could feel his hot breath against my lips. We had spent so much time walking, it was like we had a connection. Almost as if sparks or fireworks went off. As if we had.. Chemistry.. I smiled lightly, keeping my gaze fixated onto his pupils. "We shouldn't."

I put my hand on his chest. "You're beautiful, Miss (L/N)." I giggled. "At least take me out on a date first." My cheeks felt hot. He smiled, pulling me into a hug. "Thank you for letting me rant and speaking to me." My arms wrapped around his neck. "You're welcome.. Thank you for patching me up." I rested my head onto his chest. "No problem." A loud sound of heels had been clicking at the floor outside near his door. "I think that's Bell. Please, hide somewhere. I didn't tell her about this." He begged as we pulled away. "O-Okay." I whispered as I panicked to find somewhere to hide. There was nowhere. He moved my chair back, quickly sitting in his and slipping his aviators back on. Swiftly, I slipped my heels off and hid under his desk. "What are you doing?" He whispered. "You have nowhere else to hide me." The sound of the heels became louder.

Adler had pretended to look like he was working on papers. My hands rested on his knees as I scrunched up as much as possible, staring at the dark wood above me. Then, the door opened. "Russell." She spoke coldly. He stayed silent. "Speak to me when I'm talking!" Her hands slammed down on the table. I jolted and whimpered. Adler's hand reached down to cover my mouth. "What was that?" She growled. "Nothing. My chair has been acting up lately. Need a new one." He shrugged. "Why are you reaching under the table? Need help with something?" Bell swooned as her nail dragged across the top of his desk slowly. "No thanks. I'd do it myself if I did." He cleared his throat awkwardly as he removed his hand from my mouth. His hand laid on his upper and inner thigh. She groaned angrily. "Whatever, Russell. I'm just trying to be nice." My hand reached out to his, planting mine on top. With my thumb rubbing the top of his hand. As a friendly gesture. "Sure." Her foot made contact with the ground loudly. It was almost as if she was throwing a baby tantrum. Bell's feet stomped a few times before her voice boomed through the room. "Fuck you!" She wailed out. He kept his eye contact on his paper. "Okay, Bell." She had walked closer and closer to his desk, only to grab his jaw roughly and speak directly into his face.

"You aren't worthy of my time or love. Fuck you, and fuck your baby that I'm carrying!" She threw his jaw back as he stared down at me. "Baby..?" He said almost angrily. "Yeah, Russell. Baby. Not that you'd care." She huffed, crossing her arms. "Baby.. Baby. Bell. What the fuck? You're pregnant?" He looked back up at her. "What does it sound like I just said, you fucking idiot?" She snapped. "Bell, we haven't had sex since I fucking shot you. The baby would have been born by now." He rubbed his face and stood up, pointing to the door and looking down at me. "Get the fuck out." He said lowly. "What..?" She stammered as she took a step back. Obviously, she wasn't expecting this Adler to return. "Get the FUCK out of my office. Now." His faced was red. Whether it was filled with rage or something else, or even more, I don't know. "N-No." Her foot planted against the floor once more, but weaker this time. She stuttered in a less demanding voice. As if she was a bee who had lost its stinger. He walked away from the desk, yanking her by her arm and tossing her out of the room. "We are fucking done, over. Go find someone else to control. I'm done with you. Find the real father to your child. Fuck you, Bell. I will be transferring you to somebody else's office today." And with that, the door slammed and locked.

Silence.

I stood up slowly to see him leaning his head against the door.
No words needed to be said in that moment. I grabbed my shoes and slipped them back on, making my way over to him, placing my hand on his shoulder. "You did the right thing." I said quietly. "I sure hope so." He turned from me, walking back to his desk. Bell had been banging on the door, crying and begging to be let back in. Claiming he had broke her heart, or whatever she was babbling. "Don't let her get to you, shut her out mentally like you did physically." He put his head on his hand and sighed deeply. "How about this. After work, come with me. Let Bell take the car. That's what she'll do after all, correct? I can let you crash until it's all figured out between you two, and it can be none of my business. I was going to make some nice homemade soup for the cold weather and decorate for Christmas."

He nodded and thanked me. And with that, I was dismissed. Today was another long, and boring day. But I worked through it for him. After my shift was done, I walked out to my car with my stuff. My car beeped after unlocking it. I tossed my stuff into the back seat, and hopped in. "Here goes nothing. I hope he likes Christmas." My radio had turned on Christmas music, as I took off my coat and blouse. I grabbed my shirt and sweater, changing into both. Then, I changed into my sweats and slippers. The car door thumped. Adler had been walking out of the building with Bell following him, shouting stuff at them as bypassers looked on. Without saying another word, he walked to my car. She stood behind him. "Good evening, Miss (L/N)!" Bell fixed up her mood real fast. I opened my back door for Adler to put his stuff into my car. "Oh, hi Bell! How are you?" Adler stepped behind me and walked to the passenger door. "I'm good. Russell, sweetie, where are you going?" She said between her teeth right through her smile.

He again, stayed quiet with no response and stepped into the car. "Oh, well I invited him over for dinner to talk business stuff. Is that okay with you?" He closed the door and her fist bunched up. "No problem." She said angrily, taking a deep breath and turning on her heel. Bell b-lined for Adler's car as I hopped in and started mine. "Thank you." He finally spoke. "All I want to do is help." The Christmas music became louder as I turned the dial. He sighed. "Don't think about your car right now, okay? It'll be fine. Especially considering the fact that she doesn't know you're not going home. And she needs to drive herself, doesn't she? She isn't that dumb, Mr. Adler." He played with his fingers as I pulled out of the spot. "Just call me Russell, please.."
"Okay, Russell." I smiled at him.
And with that, our drive to the store started.

~~~~ Time skip ~~~~

After a Christmas karaoke car ride on my part, we stopped at the store. "Come on, don't be shy. I'm nice, I promise." My hand was held out to his through the car door. "I know.." He chuckled as he took my hand and stepped out of the car, closing the door behind him. I locked my car and we walked into the store. "So.. What kind of soup were you thinking?" He questioned. "What kind would you want?" He rubbed his neck nervously. "I'm kind of basic."
"Well, that's okay." I grabbed a cart and we began walking.
I couldn't quite read his face or tell what he was feeling in that moment. But, I just let him do his own stuff and I'd be there for him. We had picked up stuff to make chicken noodle soup, per his request. And for my own request, stuff to make gingerbread cookies. We also got some Christmas decorations, like ornaments to hang on the tree, and some other stuff to put around the house. Adler was kind enough to pay for the decorations.

~~~~ Time Skip Again ~~~~

The car rattled as we pulled in front of my parents house. "Would you like to come with me? I'm picking up Razer, it's my parents house. I live right down the block so we're almost done." I shifted the gear to park. "Sure." He said while unbuckling his seatbelt. We stepped out of the car and walked to the front stoop.
Knock, knock..
"Hello?" My mother answered the door.
"Oh, hi!" She continued. "You're here for Razer? How was work."
"It was good. How is Razer?"
I looked at Adler, then back to my mother who was faced towards Razer.
"Here you g-.." She stopped as I grabbed Razer.

"What? Ohhh.." I turned to Adler once again who had his hand out.
"Good evening Mrs. (L/N). A pleasure to see you again." He smiled.
"Oh, yes, Mr. Adler. quite a pleasure!" She shook his hand with both of hers. "Please, come in." She gestured us inside.
"No thanks, mom. We have to get going back home." I kissed Razer and handed him to Adler.
"I-.. You... Are you two in a relationship?" My face flushed red. I hadn't thought about the impression my parents would get.
"W-What? No!" I blushed.
Adler had a visible smirk and laughed.
"No, Mrs. (L/N). Your daughter invited me over for dinner to discuss work related business. Although, your daughter is a beautiful young woman, I must say. I see now where she got it from. I wish she would let me take her out on a date."
My mom giggled from the doorway and threw her wrist.
"Ohh stop, you flirt."

I groaned and made a disgusted face.
"Where's dad?"
"Oh your father? He's taking a nap. Old people. Retired, old people, right?" She snickered.
"Alright mom, we have to get going, thanks for taking care of Razer for me." I turned my back to her and grabbed Adler's arm.
"But-"
"Goodnight, mom!" I shouted over her as Adler laughed.
Adler took the passenger seat with Razer, and I tossed Razer's stuff in the back.
"Sorry about that." My door creaked open and I got in, starting my car.
"That's okay. I like your mom."
"And she likes you," I groaned. "You were here favorite there, oh, man it's all she would talk about."
"Is that a bad thing?" He questioned.
"No! Not at all. Just-.. Can we move away from the topic..- How about.. Do you really want to take me on a date?"
I turned to him as I stopped at a stop sign.

"If you'd let me." He blushed and turned his head.
"Okay."
"Really?"
"Yes."
I smiled.

The tires screeched as my car rolled up the driveway.
We carried everything inside and I started dinner, with Adler entertaining Razer.
We had a nice time decorating together and eating everything we bought. I let Adler sleep on the sofa in my room next to my bed after stopping by his house to get some stuff. Bell hadn't been home. The car was there, so Adler had figured she went out partying or something with a friend or another guy. He took everything he could, including the car which he drove back to my house and parked in my driveway. Both cars had his belongings in them. It took a while for us to empty the cars and load everything into my house, but we ended up doing it all.
And here I lay, at 10:07 P.M, watching Adler get ready for bed and Razer on the other side of the bed.
"Thank you again, (Y/N)." I was a bit taken back by him calling me by my first name, but I guess it's only fair as I've been calling him Russell.
"No problem." I set my alarm clock and turned off the lights, covering myself with the blanket. My gaze met Adler's, and I blushed. Razer laid next to my legs and I closed my eyes.
"Goodnight, (Y/N)."
He yawned.
"Goodnight, Adler."
I pat Razer on the head and fell asleep shortly after.

-- A/N
hey you guys !! I hope you like this chapter ♡. it took me practically all day of thinking and typing, and a few minutes of yesterdays time too ! sorry if some is inaccurate, I loved making this and I'm trying to better my writing. I'm still typing my other chapters stories, so expect those soon. anyways, it's like 1 AM and I'm tired so I'm gonna go pass out. goodnight y'all !
stay frosty !!! ♡♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 33.7K 35
Everything changed when they came out of hiding, terror spread across the world as people began to question if our presidents and our global leaders...
1.1K 20 32
Choosing her cost me everything I'd ever loved... including her. It's why I left the small town where I grew up and vowed never to return. I'm no lon...
281 8 1
Adler is beginning to notice that Bell has a growing fixation on certain objects and actions. A married couple. A doting mother to her child. The pau...
28.9K 687 16
"Back to this hellhole, huh?" "I wouldn't call it a hellhole" He mutters. "Oh, but I would." I snap harshly. He almost flinches. "(Y/n), I'm sorry. I...