Miles 🖤

By aprilroane

Eliana has been trying to escape her home life for years. When she finally did, she felt happiness except, he... More

Information
Chapter 2 - Party
Chapter 3 - Errands
Chapter 4 - Partners
Chapter 5 - Project
Chapter 6 - Anger
Chapter 7 - Birthday
Chapter 8 - Touch
Chapter 9 - Confusion
Chapter 10 - Promises
Chapter 11 - Outburst
Chapter 12 - Date
Chapter 13 - Doubles
Chapter 14 - Airport
Chapter 15 - London
Chapter 16 - Home
Chapter 17 - Funny feeling
Chapter 18 - Hit
Chapter 19 - Another Flight
Chapter 20 - road trip
Chapter 21 - Camp
Chapter 22 - Whatever we are.
Chapter 23 - Questions
Chapter 24 - Home

Chapter 1 - Bookstore

810 11 20
By aprilroane

Eliana Pov

"Eliana if you don't wake up right now you're going to be late! Wake up!"

It's six in the morning and Clara is banging on my front door.

I yawn as I get out of bed, dragging my feet as I walk over to the door. I swing it open giving Clara a rude glare.

"Late? How can I be late it is only half six Clara. I swear I'm going to choke you, I seriously am."

"Whatever you say; anyways Linda's bookstore has finally got the book you've been wanting and unless you want it to sell out you better hurry your ass up and get there NOW!"

My eyes widen as I look back at my friend. She's joking? The bookstore I normally go to hasn't had the book in stock, for months on end I've been waiting. Linda, the owner said that eventually it'd be in stock.

After many months,  finally the book is here.

I quickly hop in the shower and gasp as the warm water hits my back. I stand in the shower for a few minutes letting the hot water run down my body.

I decide to wear a simple grey sweatpants and a white crop top.  I wear my black and white airforces, run to the mirror and put on my hair into a lazy bun.

"Ready." I shout

I get into Clara's car and she slowly drives to the book store while blasting a bit of Taylor Swift. I sing along with her watching as she taps the steering wheel with her finger.

When we get to a red light I see Clara taking out her phone with a huge smile on her face.

"You gonna tell me what you're smiling about?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Okay okay...so recently..."

"Go on..." I nudge her

"I've kind of been talking to...Roman." Clara starts driving again, turning the music down a tad bit.

"Roman? As in Roman Paine? You're joking?"

"He's nice." She shrugs "I thought he'd be an ass, because he's friends with that Miles boy but he's sweet."

"As long as he doesn't hurt you." I smile

"He's invited us to a party...and I know you're-"

"Absolutely not going. I'm going to be reading the book."

"Please. We barely go out to parties." Clara begs.

"I don't want to be involved in that whole drinking situation Clara, I really don't."

"Okay, sorry." Pulling into the parking lot of the bookstore. "Talking about that, are you going back home for break?"

"Have to, I need to make sure mum's okay."

Clara nods in response and I smile as I see the bookstore. The hours I've spent in here just reading. It honestly amazes me. Clara and I walk to the store and I accidentally bump into to someone.

"Sorry." I say looking at...Roman.

"No it's all good." He looks at me awkwardly. "Hey Clara...coming to the party tonight?" Roman asks while checking Clara out.

"Uh no, she's not going so I'm not." She points at me.

"Nonsense you should go, just because I'm not going doesn't mean you shouldn't." I smile

"Okay I'm going."

Just as Clara finishes talking to Roman, Miles appears. Miles. I really really dislike him. I've known him practically all my life.

He went to the same high school as me and he lived in my childhood neighbourhood. In fact he's my next door neighbour back in Noel Park.

And now he goes to the same college as me. We have most classes together. So I always see him. Lucky me.

I don't know why all the girls want him. He's really not all that. He's just an arrogant dickhead who has a few tattoos...he smokes and drinks.

What's so amazing about that? Disgusting if you ask me.

"Clara. Eliana." He greets, sighing when he says my name. "You guys coming to the party?"

"If you're there, then no, definitely not." I roll my eyes.

"Aww, Eliana you really break my heart you know."  he says with his hand on his heart.

I push past him and walk into the bookstore. I look behind me and Clara seems to be talking to the two boys.

Don't know what about. But I don't care either. I decide to go look for Linda so she can direct me to the book.

"Hey Linda. Heard you have the book!"

"I do, and guess what it's sold out. But I kept one just for you."

I give Linda a big hug and she tells me that the book is free, apparently I'm just such a good customer. I thank her a bunch of times before walking back to my friend, who is still talking to those boys.

"I got the Great Gatsby in my hands." I squeal looking at Clara.

"Thought they were sold out." Miles yawns looking at his phone.

"Guess I'm special."

"Yeah whatever Franklin, see you two tonight." Miles gestures between Clara and I.

"I'm not-"

Before I can continue with my sentence the two boys walk away getting into Miles' black 1969 doge coronet. I may hate Miles, but his taste in cars...is
absolutely great.

"What did you tell them?" I turn to look at my friend.

"I'm sorry, but you're going out tonight, I know you don't like the drinking, but we don't need to drink. We need to get out. You especially."

"But-

"No buts!"

We walk over to Clara's car and she takes me to her apartment. We watch a few movies until it's about 10am.

"Let's get ready, we're meeting at Miles' house."

"Since when are you friends with the two." I sigh

"I don't exactly know, but Roman wants to get to know me."

"Look at you getting into a relationship." I chuckle, "Wait. I have nothing to wear! I can't go!" I fake frown.

"Nice try. I have a bunch of clothes." Clara points out.

I decide on wearing a lose ripped jean and a tight white crop top, which shows quite a bit of cleavage. I slip my usual black and white airforces on and I decide to put on some makeup on while Clara is getting done.

I straighten my hair, wearing it lose and decide to put on a finishing touch of nude lipstick. I don't like it but I might as well wear it. Going out of my comfort zone today?

I look into Clara's jewellery box and find a bunch of my jewellery in it, all my rings and necklaces.

"Clara you twat, I've been looking for my jewellery!"
Clara laughs at me in return and I put my rings and my pearl necklace on, it matches quite well with the golden one I'm wearing. I go look at the mirror and I smile at myself. I actually look quite nice.

"You look good for someone who didn't want to go out tonight." Clara smirks

"Oh shut it." I say pointing middle finger at her, I take my phone out of the charger and see that I have two messages from my mother.

My mother...

I'll look at them later.

I call an Uber for Clara and I, and we both wait for a few minutes until it arrives.

We get into the Uber and we drive about ten minutes before getting to Miles' apartment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 521 28
After a tragic event, she decides to change the way she lives her life as she has no other choice but to live with her sister and her husband. Her pa...
87 0 17
A girl who has a love hate, crush on a fello who feels the same way...however it's never as simple as it seems between them as they also go to the sa...
4K 212 23
Indi is going into her senior year of high school with the same boring people in the same boring town and can't wait to escape to college. Suddenly...
301K 11.2K 70
This story talks about a high school girl who's fat but beautiful. Everyone makes fun of her. Her dad's died when she was still in middle school, fro...