Chapter 16 - Home

Eliana POV
(Trigger warning: alcohol abuse/physical abuse/verbal abuse)

"Mum..." I said softly taking in my mom's state, I dropped my suitcase and took her into my arms, giving her a tight hug. I could hear her start to sniffle so I let go of the hug, keeping my hands on her shoulders. I looked into her sad eyes. All I saw was pain, the pain that I caused.

"Darling. I'm so glad you're home." she sadly smiled I got my bags from the outside and walked into the house to find shattered glass all over the kitchen floor. I looked over at my mum who gestured for me to go up the stairs. I walked into my room and I was thankful to see it the way I left it. I put my things in one corner and walked over to my bed.
My mum was standing in the doorway looking at me with no emotion on her face. "So where is he?"

"I reckon he's at one of the pubs in town. He'll be back tonight." she looked away from me avoiding my eye contact with her nails in her mouth and she was standing very tensely.

"Mum why is he still here? Kick him out. Call the police. He needs to go Mum." I got up from my bed and walked over to her giving her intense eye contact, tears started filling my mother's eyes and I knew what's about to come out of my mother's mouth.

"Because he loves us-"

"No he DOESN'T. If he loved us or even you, he would not be hurting us!" I yelled pointing my index finger at my mum.

"Then stay. It is your fault after all. If you stay at least he won't be hurt me, do you really want me to get hurt? I'm your mum Eliana. I've raised you and fed you and you can't even help me." she sobbed looking at me with teary eyes.

"I'M TRYING TO HELP. BUT YOU WON'T LISTEN." I felt my gut telling me to get the hell out of this place and leave. But I couldn't she was right. It was my fault. I left to go be happy only for her to get hurt.

My mother was about to say something, but a sound came from downstairs causing her to shut up. She left my room in an instant and I followed her down the stairs. It was obviously my dad. He'd changed quite a bit since the last time I saw him. He'd picked up a bit of weight and his hair was patchy. His eyes scanned the room and when he met mine his eyes slightly widened. A smile crept onto his face as he took in my whole being.

"Eliana. Didn't know you were back. Come down here." He stumbled across the room to the bottom of the stairs, when he saw that I wasn't budging anger arrived on his face, "I said come down here!"

I quickly moved down the stairs to where he was, he grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. He started smelling my hair exhaling loudly, as his hand trailed down my back. His hand gripped my lower back tightly making feel sick to my stomach. I quickly got out of his grasp. His eyebrows raised at my actions. My father viscously grabbed me by the arms and pulled me inches away from his face. "Who do you think you are? HUH? When a male gives you attention you accept it!" He yelled shaking me.

"I'm sorry." I apologised softly.

"Fucking better be. Now get out of my fucking face you piece of shit."

I quickly ran up the stairs past my mother and into my room. I immediately locked the door and ran to my bathroom, I leaned  into the toilet and gagged, a big amount of puke escaped my mouth leaving gross taste in my mouth. I walked over to my bed and shoved my face into a pillow to quiet down my sobs. Why did I come home? Why did I think it was smart to come home?

A cold wind allowed itself in to my room causing me to shiver, so I got up and walked over to the my window to close it but instead I got distracted by a familiar face, his sweatpants were sitting low on his waist and his black hair was messy. I scanned the tattoos on his body, feeling something weird happen as I stared at him. He turned around and furrowed his brows when he saw my face.
He walked up to his window and a small smirk played on his face. "So now we're looking to each other's rooms?"