Out Of Time

By just-dreaming-marvel

Y/N Rogers got the healthier genes compared to her twin brother, Steve. But they both got an equal amount of... More

Intro - Please Read
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
eighty-five
eighty-six
eighty-seven
eighty-eight
eighty-nine
ninety
ninety-one
ninety-two
ninety-three
ninety-four
ninety-five
ninety-six
ninety-seven
ninety-eight
ninety-nine
hundred
hundred one
hundred two
hundred three
hundred four
hundred five
hundred six
hundred seven
hundred eight
hundred nine
hundred ten
hundred eleven
hundred twelve
hundred thirteen
hundred fourteen
hundred fifteen
hundred sixteen
hundred seventeen
hundred eighteen
hundred nineteen
hundred twenty
hundred twenty-one
hundred twenty-two
hundred twenty-three
hundred twenty-four
hundred twenty-five
hundred twenty-six
hundred twenty-seven
hundred twenty-eight
hundred twenty-nine
hundred thirty
hundred thirty-one
hundred thirty-two
hundred thirty-three
hundred thirty-four
hundred thirty-five
hundred thirty-six
hundred thirty-seven
hundred thirty-eight
hundred forty
hundred forty-one
THE OTHER BOOKS

hundred thirty-nine

774 19 8
By just-dreaming-marvel

"So these seizures aren't going to go away?" Steve asked.

The doctor had found Steve and Tony in with Morgan. Tony was silently rocking Morgan, listening intently to the conversation.

"They most likely will," the doctor answered, "with time. There will always be a chance that she could have only, but they should never be as bad as that one today. For a while, she'll be on medication that will help prevent seizures, though she can still be triggered."

"Is it safe for her to hold Morgan?" Steve questioned, shooting a concerned look Tony's way.

"Completely. For a while, someone will have to be with her. Until we see that the seizures are less frequent... Tony, this is still better than many other scenarios."

"He's right, it could have been worse." Tony stayed silent, causing Steve to sigh. "How's Y/N right now?"

"Asleep. She'll be that way for a few hours. I'll keep you guys updated." The doctor left and Steve moved to lean against the wall opposite Tony, arms folding across his chest.

"At least she got to hold her, Tony."

The man scoffed. "She almost dropped her," Tony mumbled, eyes focused on the baby in his arms.

"She didn't mean to, you know that."

"The doctor didn't even talk about the long-term effects of seizures... more brain damage and the medications, they're the worst part... I don't want this for Y/N, or for Morgan."

"You'll have help Tony. We will help you-I... I will help you..."

Tony sighed. "Y/N would want that... but I'm no where close to forgiving you, for many different reasons."

"I get it, neither am I."

~~~

Y/N could feel how stiff her body was as she began to wake. Stretching out, she could hear someone stand from a chair and come closer. She opened her eyes and saw Tony hovering over her, worried.

"I... I had a seizure, didn't I?" She quietly asked.

Tony nodded. "Yes."

"Is-Is Morgan okay?"

"Steve grabbed her before anything could happen."

Y/N sucked in her lips and nodded, trying to keep her emotions at bay. "I-" Her voice broke. "I understand if this is all too much and you want to take Morgan and leave."

"What? How could you even think that?"

"Because I could be holding her and have a seizure. I could hurt her! And I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did..."

"And I can't live with out you... we're going to get through this. Just like we get through everything else. I love you." He gave her a soft kiss.

"I love you too... let's get married."

Tony chuckled. "We are."

"No. Now. Or as soon as I get out of the hospital. I don't want to waste another second."

"Okay. I'll have Happy and Pepper prep everything. Oh! We could even do it at the island, fly there and-"

"No. I want it at our home. Officially begin our life together where we will make it."

He smiled down at Y/N. "I think that's a great idea."

~~~

The two weeks flew by faster than anyone thought they would, but they weren't complaining. Y/N had two more seizures, though they weren't as bad. Tony and the others were taught out to help her through the seizures. Y/N was able to bond with Morgan, which made Tony's heart burst every time. Pepper and Happy had willingly planned out the wedding to happy 3 days after Y/N would be discharged. There was only on problem everyone forgot about, Y/N had been in a car accident.

"I...I-I... I don't know..." She was nervously stuttering, trying to hold down the panic. "I c-can't... the-the c-car..."

"Shit," Tony muttered. He had just wheeled a wheelchair in to take Y/N down to the car. He hurried to her side. "I know that it's scary, honey, but I'll be right beside you the whole time. And Steve and Morgan will be in the car as well."

"I-I... I don't want h-her or me-e anywhere ne-near a car..."

"We need to get home though, honey. Once we're there, you never have to get in a car again."

"Are you guys- what's going on here?" Steve asked, coming in with Morgan already bundled up in her car seat.

"G-get her out of there," Y/N demanded. "Get her out of there!"

"Y/N-"

"Fine! I'll do it." Y/N threw off her blankets, trying to fight Tony to get to Morgan.

"No, no, no. I'll bring her to you." Steve quickly got Morgan out of her carseat and put her in Y/N's arms.

"Honey," Tony tried again, "we have to go home."

"I-I know," Y/N replied quietly. "I'm just terrified."

"And you have every right to be. So, instead of sitting in the passenger seat next to me, how about you sit back with Morgan? Will that work?" Looking down as Morgan gripped her finger, Y/N nodded. "Okay." Tony pressed a kiss to Y/N's forehead. "You can hold her until we get to the car."

Tony and Steve worked together to help Y/N up and into the wheelchair. Steve grabbed Morgan's things as Tony wheeled Y/N out. Y/N kept her focus on the child in her arms, trying to remain calm. She hated how soon they were to the car.

"It's time to put Morgan back in her carseat, honey," Tony said. He stopped the wheelchair and came around to kneel in front of Y/N. "Can you give her to Steve and I'll help you get her in the car?"

Y/N shook her head.

Steve quickly knelt beside Tony. "I'll quickly put her in, Y/N/N, and then you can go back to watching her," Steve said. He slowly reached his hands out for Morgan. "I promise it will be quick. I've been practicing."

"He has. He's the fastest at diaper changing too."

"Can I take her from you Y/N?"

Y/N bit her lip, closed her eyes and nodded. Steve carefully, yet quickly took Morgan from Y/N's arms. Tony picked Y/N up and slid her into the car. As he retracted his arms, Y/N's breath hitched. Tony kissed her temple.

"You're so brave, sweetheart," he whispered. "So very brave." As he pulled away again, she quickly grabbed his hand. "I've got to drive."

"I can drive," Steve quickly offered. "FRIDAY knows the route home and can show me. Just stay back there with Y/N."

Tony nodded and slid him and Y/N further into the car. He reached over and tripled checked Morgan's car seat before buckling in Y/N and checking hers over as well. After hearing Tony's buckle and with her eyes still shut, Y/N curled into his side. He wrapped an arm around her, holding her there.

Steve checked the rearview mirror before beginning the drive home. He met Tony's gaze. Tony will never admit it, but that day he was extremely grateful for Steve. He mouthed a small thank you, before closing his eyes and resting his head against Y/N. Steve smiled softly before pulling away from the hospital.

~~~

Pepper, Natasha, Rhodey, and Happy had cleaned the house and put together the nursery. They were waiting on the porch when Steve pulled up. Steve parked the car and checked the back seat. Both Morgan and Y/N were sound asleep.

"I've got Y/N," Tony whispered. "Can you get Morgan?"

Steve nodded. The men opened their doors and Tony slid out with Y/N in his arms. He was thankful that she was still asleep and that her panic didn't get any worse than what it was.

"Is she okay?" Pepper worried as Tony carried Y/N up the steps.

"She panicked a bit about her and Morgan getting into the car," Tony explained. "But I sat back with her."

"How'd Mo do?" Natasha asked.

"I think she could tell that she needed to sleep when her ma was sleeping," Steve replied as he came up.

"I'm going to go tuck Y/N in and then we can eat and watch Morgan," Tony said, going into the house.

He carefully carried Y/N up the stairs to their bedroom. Laying her down on the bed, Tony pulled the blankets out from under her and set them on top of her. He ran the knuckle of his hand down her cheek as he studied her sleeping form. He knew that parenthood wasn't going to be easy, he just had hoped that they were going to have an easier start than this.

Tony sat on the edge of the bed, watching Y/N sleep until he heard Morgan cry from downstairs. He placed a kiss to her forehead before closing the bedroom door and going downstairs. As he finished the last few steps, he saw Happy quickly pass Morgan to Steve.

"She hates me," Happy grumbled, pouting like a child.

Steve was gently rocking Morgan in his large arms, back and forth.

"Seems like she's found a favorite uncle," Rhodey commented.

"Don't worry, Happy will end up being the favorite," Tony said, walking into the room. "She'll have him so tightly wrapped around her finger. He'll do whatever she wants." He walked up to Steve. "Can I have my daughter?" Steve nodded and slipped Morgan into Tony's arms. "Thank you, all of you," Tony met Steve's gaze momentarily, "for being so willing to help us."

"Of course," Natasha responded. "This is our family."

~~~

Y/N was instructed to take it easy as the days led up to the wedding. She basically had no say in anything. Thankfully, Pepper and Natasha had used Y/N's Pinterest boards as inspiration. Steve, Rhodey, and Happy were in charge of set-up, under the women's watchful eye of course. Tony was busy taking care of Morgan and Y/N to do anything with planning the wedding, but he trusted the women to make sure it was beautiful.

It was the night before the wedding and Tony had been successfully knocked out due to pure exhaustion. Y/N was sleeping off and on, a tiny bit both nervous and excited for the next day, when she heard Morgan began to fuss. Looking over at Tony, she knew she cold't wake him. Slowly, Y/N pushed herself out of bed and made her way to Morgan's bassinet across the room. Taking the baby into her arms, she bounced her slightly while quietly shushing her. Morgan continued to get louder so Y/N took her into the nursery and sat down in the rocker.

"What's all the fuss, baby girl?" Y/N whispered. "Are you nervous too? Cause I am... this all... well, this is never how I imagined my wedding to go. But that's okay, I guess things happen the way they're suppose to."

Tony had woken up after trying to pull Y/N into his arms. He tried not to be too alarmed, especially when he realized Morgan was gone too. He snuck out of the bedroom, to see a lamplight coming from underneath the nursery's door. The door was cracked open slightly. Tony could see the chair rocking back and forth, Morgan in Y/N's arms. He stayed outside as he heard Y/N speaking softly.

"I want to apologize to you, Mo. I'm sorry I wasn't able to protect you, or be there for you when you entered into this world... It seems that I'm very good at that. I've failed both my kids in that way... you have a brother, Anthony James. He's... he's gone now and one day I'll explain everything, but I saw him. He was probably about 5 years old. And he was the perfect mix of your father and I. I know he's watching over you, just like he watches over your daddy."

Tony had no idea that Y/N had seen AJ again, and he was confused as to when. Her powers disappeared once the Stones were destroyed. He shook his head slightly, trying to focus on what Y/N was saying.

"I promise that I'll do better for you and your father... you both deserve more than I could ever offer." Y/N looked down at her now asleep daughter and smiled softly. "I love you, Morgan Howard Stark." She pressed a small kiss to the baby's head. "And I love Anthony Edward Stark, your snoop of a father."

With a slight huff, Tony pushed the door open. "How'd you know?"

"I'm a highly trained spy, remember? I knew you were there from the get go... so you heard everything?"

"I did." Tony nodded. He leaned against the door frame, arms folded across his chest. "When did you see AJ?"

Y/N sighed. "I was trying to destroy the Soul Stone and it was trying to stop me. I saw Phil and AJ."

"Phil?"

"He's dead. He's gone... but he promised to take care of AJ."

"And AJ...?"

"Had grown. And was watching out for you. He saw Thanos hurt you and leave Titan. He warned me that you needed help. So I pushed harder... I did destroy the Soul Stone... it just wasn't enough... At least I saw AJ and Coulson, one last time..."

"I'm sure they're taking care of each other." Tony pushed off the door frame and came towards his two girls. "Just like we're taking care of each other." He sat on the arm rest and kissed Y/N's head. "We're getting married in the morning."

"We're getting married in the morning," Y/N repeated softly, looking up at Tony.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

~~~

"You look gorgeous, Y/N," Natasha said, looking at her friend in the mirror. "Tony's going to freak."

"Knowing Tony he might take you right then and there," Pepper chuckled, bouncing Morgan in her arms slightly.

"Better not," Y/N responded with a laugh. "Steve's going to be there and my daughter." Y/N studied herself in the mirror, letting out a long breath. She was all done up and ready to walk down the aisle. "I can't believe this... I'm actually getting married." Nat gave her shoulder a slight squeeze. "There was honestly a point that I never thought this day would come."

"You deserve it, Y/N/N," Natasha said softly. "More than anyone."

A gentle knock sounded a the door. The women turned to see Steve's head popped in, eyes screwed shut.

"Is it safe?" He asked. "Can I come in?"

"Of course, Rogers," Natasha laughed. "Pepper and I will finish getting Morgan ready and leave you to alone for a moment."

Steve stepped in as the others stepped out, still not opening his eyes. Once the door was shut, he opened them, almost immediately becoming overwhelmed with emotions. Y/N stood up.

"You look," he paused, swallowing as he nodded. "The parents would be proud."

"You think so?" She questioned bashfully, looking down at her dress.

"I do." He stepped forward and took her hands. "I know that me walking you down the aisle wouldn't fix everything between you and I, and Tony and I, but thank you for letting me do this. And I'm sorry for everything."

"I'm sorry, too. I guess we're both a little too stubborn for our own good." She leaned in and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "I know you always imagined walking me down the aisle to Bucky, but thank you for supporting me in this."

"If this is what makes you happy, then I can be happy for you."

There was a few raps on the door before Nat opened it and revealed herself.

"It's time," she stated. "You two ready."

"Mmhmm," Y/N nodded.

"Okay, I'll see you two out there then."

Natasha disappeared and Y/N grabbed her boutique. Turning around, she laced her arm in Steve's and took a deep breath.

"You okay?" Steve wondered.

"I will be," Y/N responded. "Let's go."

~~~

Tony was nervously standing near the edge of the lake. Happy, Rhodey, Natasha, Pepper, and Morgan (in Pepper's arms) were all waiting for Steve and Y/N to exit the house.

"Stop fidgeting," Rhodey ordered. He was standing slightly behind Tony, because he was going to preform the ceremony. "She's coming."

"She still has a chance to back out," Tony responded. "And I honestly wouldn't blame her."

"Stop that. She's seriously coming down the stairs."

Tony turned and gasped slightly. It was absolutely amazing how Y/N could get more beautiful with each passing second. To the couple, in that moment, there was no one else there except the two of them. They were both smiling as the stared at each other. Steve walked Y/N to Tony. It was the only time the two broke eye contact. Tony and Steve nodded to each other as Steve handed Y/N over to Tony. He placed a kiss on his sister's cheek before taking the boutique and moving to stand beside Nat.

"You look... you look like the most beautiful person in the world," Tony whispered.

"I'm not ashamed to admit that I've seen this coming since I saw these two first interact," Rhodey began. "The universe has literally worked through time to get these two to this point, and it has finally arrived. Today, we make this small family official. Though there was really no need for it, since we already felt a part of it. The couple will first recite their own vows before we go into the exchanging of the rings. Tony."

"Y/N," Tony paused to swallow down the bubbling emotion. "I promise you that I will be your ever loving husband from this day forward. To be faithful and honest in every way, to honor the faith and trust you place in me. To love and respect you in your successes and in your failures, to make you laugh and to be there when you cry. To care for you in sickness and in health. To softly kiss you when you are hurting, and to be your companion and your friend, on this journey that we make together."

"I also want to promise you that I will do the same for our daughter," Tony continued. "I will love and respect her in her successes and her failures. I will make her laugh and hold her when she cries. I will care for her in sickness and in health. I will be her friend and companion, until the day comes where she's standing before this family, doing what we are with the person she loves. I love you and Morgan so much."

"Y/N," Rhodey urged, "it's now your turn."

"I don't know how to go after that," Y/N chuckled lightly, trying to hold back the tears. "Anthony, I promise to be your loving wife. To be your partner in crime and your rock. I promise to honor you and respect you. I promise to be there with you in the ups and downs, to make you laugh and to comfort you when you're upset. I promise to care for you at all times. Even when you're in the lab in the middle of the night." That earned a few laughs. "I promise to tell you I love you every day, starting now. I love you."

"This is the point in the ceremony where we usually talk about the wedding bands being a perfect circle, with no beginning and no end," Rhodey explained. "But we all know that these rings do have a beginning. Rock is dug up from the earth. Metal is liquefied in a furnace at a thousand degrees, then older, cooled, and painstakingly polished. Something beautiful is made from raw elements. Love is like that. It comes from humble beginnings, made by imperfect beings. It's the process of making something beautiful where there was once nothing at all. Happy, the rights." Happy stepped forward and opened his hand, revealing the two matching silver rings.

"Tony, take Y/N's ring and repeat after me," Rhodey instructed. Tony took a ring and held it at the end of Y/N's finger. "This ring is my promise to accept your imperfections and appreciate all that makes you unique and beautiful."

"This ring," Tony smiled, looking into Y/N's eyes, "is my promise to accept your imperfections and appreciate all that makes you unique and beautiful." Y/N gasped slightly as Tony pushed the ring onto her finger.

"Now, Y/N, take the ring and repeat after me." Y/N nodded, shakily taking the ring and holding it in front of Tony's hand. "This ring is my promise to accept your imperfections and appreciate all that makes you unique and beautiful."

"This ring is my promise to accept your imperfections," Y/N repeated, "and appreciate all that makes you unique and beautiful." She slid the ring onto Tony's finger.

"Wonderful. Now, by the power vested in me by the state of New York, I now pronounce you husband and wife." Rhodey looked at Tony with a smirk. "You may now kiss the bride."

Tony grinned and eagerly pulled Y/N into him. He lovingly kissed her as their small crowd cheered and clapped. Pulling back once they needed air, Tony rested his head on Y/N's, looking into her eyes.

"I love you, Mrs. Stark."

"I love you too, Mr. Stark."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 213 61
"Tenth floor, roger roger." You confirmed through the comm in your ear as you made your way up the stairwell. "Jesus Christ, it's like having two Li...
8.3K 98 16
I'm really bad at summaries so just bare with me- Bucky Barnes and Natasha Romanoff we're forced to have a child. They have twins and they get taken...
134K 3.5K 52
twin /twɪn/ noun • one of two children or animals born at the same birth. adjective forming, or being one of, a pair born at one birth. ~ Have you e...
340K 8.4K 46
(Bucky X Reader) [COMPLETED] y/n Stark, the daughter of Tony Stark and Pepper Potts, finds herself living at the Avengers tower with her father and...