My Darling: Dio X Reader

By SnoozyKingy

WHERE THE DIO SIMPS AT??????? If you simp for Dio then you're in the right place. Just know that I was inspir... More

Business Trip
Golden Blonde Hair
My Shoe
Proposal?
First Kiss
Reading Sonnets
Meeting Again
Vial Keeper
Engagement. . .?
Tonic
Dio's Jealousy
To Love...Or Not To Love?
Hi :D
Blessings Matter
The Truth Shall Set You Free

7 years later

233 9 9
By SnoozyKingy

"It's been 7 years since we've last seen the Joestars, wouldn't you want to accompany me?" Father asked sitting on the couch in front of my bed as I admired my new dress in the mirror.

"What do you think of this dress, Father?" I asked trying to change the subject while admiring the dress fabric.

"Wow, Mr. Smith has outdone himself with this one," He praised

Mr. Smith is my fiancée, he's been working under my father for the past 5 years, we got along quite nicely, he's three years older than me and like any gentleman would do he waited until I was 18 (The appropriate marital age) to ask my father's blessing for my hand in marriage. My father already adored him like a son since he was his right-hand man and of course accepted.

Mr. Smith then proposed to me at a lovely lake park where I accepted as well.

It makes sense to me to marry a man my father approves of especially a man like Mr. Smith, he's handsome, intelligent, and very successful, he went to a University in France, spoke three languages, and had a passion for the arts. He seemed perfect, he also had excellent taste in today's fashion.

Tonight was our engagement party.

"He said he was just strolling through town when he saw this dress at the boutique's window, he said just had to buy it for me," I smiled.

"Your mother would be so proud," he smiled as he grabbed my locket from my vanity and clipped it around my neck. I had a picture of my mother and father in this locket and I planned to keep it forever, the best thing about it is that it went with every outfit I owned, so I never had to change it for another. 

"Thank you," I smiled at him.

"I am too, you know. . .I'm proud of you. You're smart, and you're engaged to an excellent man," Father really was happy for me, especially because Mr. Smith was already working for him. He really did seem more excited than me sometimes.

"I know father," I turned to him with my arms crossed. I was smiling without showing my teeth.

"But you have to start getting serious about what you want to do," he said sitting back down.

"I know," I sat next to him.

"You keep saying that you know but you don't do anything about it, what was the point in going to America?" He asked.

I went to a University in America, I thought that after college I would know what was next in my life. I jumped between majors but I never really had a clue of what I wanted to do, and because of that, I graduated with three majors, Social Work, Phycology, and Biology. I still don't know what to do, I might as well be a counselor or a teacher but it's not what I want.

"Father please, You're here telling me to get a job while Jacob is telling me not to worry about it, he wants me to be a stay-at-home wife," I said trying to not sound annoyed.

"Well, he does have a good pay working under me, you could be a stay at home wife if you wanted but is that what you want?" He asked.

"I want Mr. Smith, and it doesn't seem too bad being a stay-at-home wife, I could relax and enjoy the things I like while he works and I don't have to worry about working," I said trying to find the positives.

"Well, I suppose it's up to you anyway. . .but back to the Joestars, . . . I'm going to visit them, I hear George is sick," he nodded to himself, he was clearly upset, they were close friends, and despite the fact that they were no longer business partners they continued to stay in touch.

"Oh no, do you know what he's sick with yet?" I asked genuinely concerned.

"No one knows, not even the doctors," he looked down at his hands, "I just really wanted you to come with me, for support."

"Oh, Father. . ." this isn't the first time he's brought up visiting the Joestars, he's mentioned it before and every time he asked me to come along as well, but I always refused. I didn't want to see them, it would be awkward seeing them especially Jonathan and Dio, but in this moment I must put my feelings aside and be there to support not only my father but Mr. Joestar as well. "Ok, I'll go with you, but I must talk it through with Mr. Smith."

"Thank you, now. . .lets go the party's waiting for you downstairs," he cheered rushing out the door to my chambers.

I sighed, I was happy about my engagement, and I was lucky to get a man like Mr. Smith to propose but it didn't fill my every need, there was something missing, I just don't know what.

I stood up and looked myself in the mirror once again, my hair had certainly grown, 7 years ago it was just past my shoulders but now it almost reaches my bum. It wasn't straight it was wavy and dark, it was my mother's favorite. I've kept it healthy and long to honor her.

I ran my hand over my dress and corset which hugged me tightly, just enough to make my waist appear smaller, Mr. Smith asked me to have it on extra tight, he says it because he wants to show me off to all his friends and family that were coming tonight. I don't mind it, I feel beautiful with it on, this might be how I do it from now on. I smiled, why didn't I make it this tight before?

"I must say. . .extra tight looks good on me," I flipped my hair back, stood up straight with my elegant gloves on, and made my way to the party.

I made it to the top of the stairs where everyone was waiting for my arrival, at the foot of the stairs was my fiancée, he was tall and dark, handsome and strong. My favorite thing about him was his curly hair. I loved running my fingers through it.

The main staircase was where everyone was waiting for me, it was full of people I knew and some I haven't met, like my father's company and Mr. Smith's family. All their eyes were on me as I walked down the stairs with one hand gliding down the ramp and the other at my side. Once I made it to the last three Mr. Smith walked to the bottom step and offered his hand, he was a very polite man with exquisite manners. He was a very respectable gentleman, that's exactly what I need.

I took his hand and he guided me down and I locked my arm around his.

"Thank you all for coming tonight to celebrate my new engagement with this amazing woman, Lady Y/N," Mr. Smith raised his voice so that everyone from the back would hear, "We would also like to thank Y/N's father, Mr.L/N for his approval of me, and our engagement," he turned to face me making sure no one could hear, "Your father is a brilliant man, who raised a brilliant daughter."

I smiled, I liked being called brilliant, I was glad that at least one person noticed.

The rest of the night was pleasant as I met Mr.Smith's family and tried new dishes that the guest have prepared. I don't really remember much about the wine but I think it was good. There was no downside. Nothing to worry or complain about. It was a perfect night.

So why did it feel so meaningless?

After the party, everyone has left and gone home:

"This was a fun night," Mr. Smith said as I walked him to the front door.

"It was," I smiled with my hands folded to my stomach.

"I got to think about what you said earlier," he placed his hands over mine, "If visiting the Joestars is that important to you and your father then you should go," he smiled while nodding his head.

It's not that I needed his permission to go it was more of a check-in. I'd like for our marriage to be built on trust and communication and it's best for that process to take effect immediately.

"Thank you, Mr. Smith," I bowed my head.

"Y/N. . .my sweet. . .there's no need to be so formal with me anymore," he said curling strands of my hair behind my ear, "We're engaged now. . ." he stared into my eyes, not saying a word.

"Jacob," I smiled putting my hand over his. Jacob's his first name.

"Yes. . .Jacob," he confirmed, "I must take my leave now but. . .before I go," he paused. He leaned in and kissed me on the cheek before leaving.

I watched him as he got into his carriage and drove out of the drive on his carriage. I then touched the spot on my cheek where he had kissed, my cheek was cold from the air coming through but the kiss's warmth stayed.

This engagement means everything to me, I couldn't think of anyone better for me.

Well. . .there was only one man, but I haven't seen him in years, and he's not the same boy I once knew. 

I was excited to see him again but I knew it would be awkward.

But I'll deal with the awkwardness when it's time.

I'll be leaving to meet with the Joestars again next week.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.9K 1.7K 17
[y/n] is a hard working single mother and she's a devoted mother. A gentleman, Dio Brando came to her life and what the kids will think? Or what Di...
22K 235 36
⚠️ This series is finished and will no longer be getting updated ⚠️ Enjoy these corny one shots I made ages ago
14.3K 314 52
[Updates: EVERY WEEK] This book is a collection of short stories that explores the twisted mind of Dio Brando, a character from the popular manga ser...
210K 9.6K 80
aha.. You're a stand user who was under control of Dio's Flesh Bud. Luckily for you, the Crusaders realized that you were not in control of your acti...