тнє ℓαѕт qυєєи // тнє ∂σ¢тσя

By Silverfloor23

Backstory/Description in the book WARNING ⚠️ - SMUT More

The Last Queen
Cast
Extra Cast/Big Announcement
Themes
Dalek
The Long Game
Father's Day
The Empty Child
The Doctor Dances
Boom Town
Bad Wolf
The Paring Of Ways
Born Again
The Christmas Invasion
New Earth
Tooth and Claw
School Reunion
The Girl In The Fireplace
Rise Of The Cybermen
Age Of Steel
The Idiots Lantern
The Impossible Planet
The Satan Pit
Love and Monsters
Fear Her
Army Of Ghosts
Doomsday
The Runaway Bride
Smith's and Jones
The Shakespeare Code
Gridlock
Daleks In Manhatten
Evolution Of The Daleks
The Lazarus Experiment
42
Human Nature
Family Of Blood
Blink
Utopia
The Sound Of The Drums
Last Of The Time Lords
Time Crash
Voyage Of The Damned
Partners In Crime
The Fires Of Pompeii
Planet Of The Ood
The Sontaran Stratagem
The Poison Sky
The Doctor's Other Daughter
The Unicorn and The Wasp
Silence In The Library
Forest Of The Dead
Midnight
Turn Left
The Stolen Earth
Journey's End
The Next Doctor
Planet Of The Dead
The Waters On Mars
The Wedding Of Sarah Jane Smith and a Family Vacation
A Wedding Of Time
The End Of Time #1
The End Of Time #2
The Eleventh Hour
The Beast Below
Victory Of The Daleks
The Time Of Angels
Flesh And Stone
Meanwhile In The Tardis
The Vampires Of Venice
Amy's Choice
Cold Blood
Vincent and The Doctor
The Lodger
The Pandorica Opens
The Big Bang

The Hungry Earth

408 11 3
By Silverfloor23

{"I've read about your species, but seeing you is way better."}

The Tardis has landed and Theta shoots outside with Fay. "Behold, Rio." Amy, Rory and I step out behind them; closing the door behind me. "Nah." Amy starts as I turn forwards, "Not really getting the sunshine carnival vibe." Theta moves forwards, putting Fay down and immediately grabs her hand. "No? Ooo, feel that, though. What's that?" He jumps up and down, Fay doing the same. I frown, feeling it to as I come to stand in between Amy and Rory. "Ground feels strange. Just me. Wait. That's weird." He spins to face me with a frown, I nod back in response. "What's weird?" Rory asked with a cock of his head, looking towards me. "Doctor, stop trying to distract us. We're in the wrong place." He takes off behind the TARDIS, "Doctor, it's freezing and I've dressed for Rio. We are not stopping here." He begins to pull at the weird colored grass as Fay comes to stand by me.

We all moved to stand by him, "Doctor. You listening to me? It's a graveyard. You promised me a beach." She complained, "Blue grass. Patches of it all around the graveyard. So, Earth, 2020-ish, ten years in your future, wrong continent for Rio, I'll admit, but it's not a massive overshoot." He grumbled giving a piece of grass to Fay who looks at it super confused. I let out an amused snort, "Why are those people waving at us?" Two figures on the other side of the valley. "Can't be."Rory starts to wave back, Amy slaps his hand down. "Don't." Theta uses a pair of binoculars and he raises an eyebrow. He hands them to me, I immediately look through as well. "It is. It's you two." I stated with a surprised look, "No, we're here. How can we be up there?" Rory asked with a frown, Fay giggled as she took his hand. "Ten years in your future. Come to relive past glories, I'd imagine. Humans, you're so nostalgic." Theta grunts out with an eye roll, "We're still together in ten years?" Amy asked causing Rory to look offended. "No need to sound so surprised." He snipped back, she smiled at him.

"Hey, let's go and talk to them. We can say hi to future us. How cool is that?" She laughs, Theta frowns with a shake of his head. "Er, no, best not. Really best not. These things get complicated very quickly, and...." He paused, spotting something in the distance. "Big mining thing. Oh, I love a big mining thing. See, way better than Rio. Rio doesn't have a big mining thing." Amy groans as Theta smiles at me excitedly. I shook my head with a small laugh, of course we were gonna go take a look. "We're not going to have a look, are we?" Amy asked with a sigh, "Let's go and have a look. Come on, you two, let's see what they're doing." My hand is grabbing and I'm suddenly pulled down a hill excitedly by the crazy man I love.

Fay giggles from behind us, Theta slowing down to make sure our baby was with us. Just as we hit the bottom of the hill, Amy comes bouncing down as well. "Doctor. Kate." It takes a few minutes but we finally make it to the gates of the mining thing. I hold Fay's hand as we follow after him, "Restricted access. No unauthorised personnel. Hmm." He leans against the gate with a cocky look, he shoot me a wink before he sonics the lock. "That is breaking and entering." Amy raises an eyebrow at us as Fay laughs. "What did I break? Sonicing and entering. Totally different." He allows us to enter first, "Come on, then." I turn to see him looking back in the direction of the TARDIS. "You're sure Rory'll catch us up?" She was already to far away.

I moved to stand next to him, "Do you want me to go back?" I asked him as he turned to face me. He sighed and shook his head, "No. I need you here, he'll be fine." I smiled at his words before nodding in agreement. Fay watched us with a smile, as we turned to her; both of us grabbing her hands and swinging her as we walked forward. We managed to catch up with Amy quickly; walking through a tunnel. "What about now? Can you feel it now?" He had moved forwards to walk next to Amy as Fay and I walked behind them. "Honestly, I've got no idea what you're on about." He comes to a stop with a deep frown. "The ground doesn't feel like it should." Fay speaks up as we start walking once again. "It's ten years in the future. Maybe how this ground feels is how it always feels." Amy suggested with a small laugh, "Good thought, but no, it doesn't. Hear that, drill in start-up mode. Afterwaves of a recent seismological shift and blue grass." Of which the Doctor has a few leaves. He tries eating one, I roll my eyes in exasperation as Fay laughs.

Amy starts laughing as well, "Oh, please. Have you always been this disgusting?" She asks with a raised eyebrow as she leans away from him. "No, that's recent." He moves forward, Amy turns to me with a raised eyebrow. "Yeah, it's not recent. He's always been that way." I stated causing her to laugh as we moved to catch up. "Thanks, dear! What's in.." He cocks his head around the corner, "Here? Hello." Inside the room was a woman. "Who are you? What're you doing here? And what're you wearing?" She snipped looking at us in utter confusion. "I dressed for Rio." Amy groans out, Theta smacks her arm before pulling out his psychic paper. "Ministry of Drills, Earth and Science." He flashes of for a split second before putting it away. "New Ministry, quite big, just merged. It's lot of responsibility on our shoulders. Don't like to talk about it. What are you doing?" Theta asked as he moved to look at the scans on her computer. "None of your business. Why do you have a kid with you?" She snarls in annoyance, I shoot her a glare. "It's bring your kid to work day." I snip out, mostly in sarcasm.

"Where are you getting these readings from?"

"Under the soil."

"The drill's up and running again. What's going on? Who are these people?"

"Amy, Fay, Kate, and the Doctor. We're not staying, are we, Doctor?"

"Why's there a big patch of earth in the middle of your floor?"

"We don't know. It just appeared overnight." The woman responded with a frown, "Good. Right. You all need to get out of here very fast." Theta demands with a frown as he messes with the dirt. Running his fingers through it, he gets up moving towards the computer again. "Why?" The woman asked as Amy frowns looking towards me, I move towards the hole in the ground with her. "What's your name?" Theta asks, "Nasreen Chaudhry." I look up with a frown. "Look at the screens, Nasreen. Look at your readings. It's moving." I tell her as the man moves around us to stand by Theta. "Hey, that's specialised equipment. Get away from it." He snaps at Theta who ignores him, Amy looks at me from across the small hole. "What is?" The hole starts to steam causing me to raise an eyebrow. "Doctor, this steam, is that a good thing?" Amy asked as she looked between us, I shook my head. Fay standing next to me, looking at the hole too in confusion. "Shouldn't think so. It's shifting when it shouldn't be shifting."

"What shouldn't?" There is a loud rumble, "The ground, the soil, the earth, moving. But how? Why?" I speak up as I stand, moving off to the side with Fay to look at all the equipment they were using. Something was wrong, "Earthquake?" Amy asked; the ground starts to vibrate even more. "What's going on?" The man shouts as the room vibrates more, "Doubt it, because it's only happening under this room."Two more holes appear in the floor, then three more and everyone jumps to the edge of the room. "It knows we're here. It's attacking. The ground's attacking us." Theta shouts out, Nasreen shakes her head and points. "No, no that's not possible." She insisted, "Under the circumstances, I'd suggest, run!" We do. More holes appear and the man's foot does down one of them. "Tony!"

"Stay back, Amy. Stay away from the earth."

Amy jumps over a hole to help Tony. "It's okay." A hole opens under Amy's feet, "It's pulling me down." She yelps out. "Amy!" Theta and I shout as I pick Fay up and put her on top of a crate away from the danger. "Doctor, help me. Something's got me." Amy cried out as I moved forwards, a hole opening up right as I step forwards. "Stay away from it." I shout to the others as they move forward. Letting out a small shout, I mange to yank my leg out. "Momma!" Theta's head snapped towards me as another hole opens beside me. "Doctor, the ground's got my legs." Theta let's out a whimper as he looks back and forth. "I've got you." He tells Amy but I knew he wanted to come to me, I move over to the other two in the room. "Okay."Nasreen and I manage to pull Tony free. "Your drill, shut it down. Go. Now!"
I yelled at them causing Nasreen and Tony run out.

"Can you get me out?" Amy asked as I turned to face them, I was standing on the opposite side of them, Fay was sitting on a crate to my right. "Amy, try and stay calm. If you struggle, it'll make things worse. Keep hold of my hand. I'm not going to let you go." Their grip fails, I go to move forward but Theta turns to me with a glare. "Stay back!" He shouts, more in panic and worry. He didn't want Fay and I in anymore danger, "Doctor, it's pulling me down. Something's pulling me." Amy cried out as he yanked her up just for a split second before she was pulled back. "Stay calm. Now, hold on till they can just shut down the drill." Theta tells her as he keeps his grip, "I can't hold on!What's pulling me? What is under the earth? I don't want to suffocate under there."

"Amy, concentrate. Don't you give up." I shout from across the room, "Tell Rory..." The drill stops, "No. Amy! Amy, no!" Amy disappears below the soil and everything stops moving. "No! No! No! No! No. No! No. No. No. No." Fay and I rush over as he uses the sonic to scan. The sonic screwdriver cannot help either, Theta pulls me and into a tight hug, his body shakes as he hold us. Nasreen and Tony run in, "Where is she?" Nasreen asks as we pull away. "She's gone. The ground took her."

Nasreen moves over to the computers as Fay and I stand behind a pacing Theta. "Is that what happened to Mo? Are they dead?" I shook my head, "It's not quicksand. She didn't just sink. Something pulled her in. It wanted her." I explained to them, Theta nodding along with my words. "The ground wanted her?" Nasreen asks with a frown. "You said the ground was dormant. Just a patch of earth, when you first saw it this morning. And the drill had been stopped." Everyone paused, "That's right." Tony grunted out, "But when you re-started the drill, the ground fought back." Fay pointed out to everyone, Nasreen scoffs as Theta points to our daughter with a proud look and a nod. "So what, the ground wants to stop us drilling? Doctor, that is ridiculous." She snaps in annoyance, "I'm not saying that, and it's not ridiculous, I just don't think it's right." He scans the hole with his sonic, "Oh, of course. It's bio-programming."

"What?" She asked, "Bio-programming. Oh, it's clever. You use bio-signals to resonate the internal molecular structure of natural objects. It's mainly used in engineering and construction, mostly jungle planets, but that's way in the future and not here. What's it doing here?" He spoke as he paced back and forth, "Sorry, did you just say jungle planets?" She asked with a scoff, "You're not making any sense, man." Tony snipped in anger as Theta glared at them. He spins to face us with a exasperated look, I shrug with a small smile. Fay giggles at her father, "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up. The earth, the ground beneath our feet, was bio-programmed to attack." He explains as they watch him with offended and annoyed looks. "Yeah, even if that were possible, which, by the way, it's not, why?" The woman asked as she crossed her arms with a raised eyebrow. "Stop you drilling. Okay, so we find whatever's doing the bio-programming, we can find Amy. We can get her back." I frown as I sense something, Theta and Fay sensing it too. "Shush, shush, shush." I utter out, pointing towards the couple before they start talking. "Have I gone mad? I've gone mad." Theta states as he spins in a circle. I shake my head at him, no. He wasn't mad. We could hear it too. "Doctor."

"Shush, shush. Silence. Absolute silence. You've stopped the drill, right?

"Yes."

"And you've only got the one drill?"

"Yes."

"You're sure about that?"

"Yes."

"So, if you shut the drill down, why can we still hear drilling? It's under the ground." I stated as I moved forward with a frown, Fay moving with me. "That's not possible." She laughs it off, Theta moves and sonics the computers nearby. "Oh no, what, what are you doing?" She snaps in anger as she moved towards him with a frown. "Hacking into your records. Probe reports, samples, sensors. Good. Just unite the data, make it all one big conversation. Let's have a look. So, we are here and this is your drill hole. Twenty one point zero zero nine kilometres. Well done." He smirks at them briefly, "Thank you. It's taken us a long time." She smiled proudly back, "Why here, though? Why'd you drill on this site?" I asked her, "We found patches of grass in this area, containing trace minerals unseen in this country for twenty million years." Theta pointed at me with wide eyes. "The blue grass? Oh, Nasreen. Those trace minerals weren't X marking the spot, saying dig here. They were a warning. Stay away. Because while you've been drilling down, somebody else has been drilling up."

The deep sensor readings resolve themselves on the screen. "Oh, beautiful. Network of tunnels all the way down." I raise an eyebrow at the familiar looking networks. I remember studying these as a princess in training, "No, no, we've surveyed that area." Tony spoke with a frown, "You only saw what you went looking for." I explained. "What are they, daddy?" Fay asked looking up at her father, he smiles down at her. "Heat signals. Wait, dual readings, hot and cold, doesn't make sense. And now they're moving. Fast. How many people live nearby?" Theta asked with a frown, the readings seemed very familiar to me. "Just my daughter and her family. The rest of the staff travel in." Tony answered immediately, "Grab this equipment and follow me." Theta immediately demands, he picks up Fay and grabs my hand. "Why? What're we doing?" Nasreen asked as I let go of his head and moving to grab on of the computers. "That noise isn't a drill, it's transport. Three of them, thirty kilometres down. Rate of speed looks about a hundred and fifty kilometres an hour. Should be here in ooo, quite soon. Twelve minutes. Whatever bio-programmed the Earth is on its way up, now."

The five of us rush outside, Theta hold Fay as I hang onto the computer. Nasreen and Tony following after us, "How can something be coming up when there's only the Earth's crust down there?" Tony asked in confusion. "You saw the readings." I snapped back in response, "Who are you, anyway? How can you know all this?" Slow red lightning in the sky causing us all to stop. "Whoa, did you see that?" Thetas and my eyes widen at the sight. "No, no, no." He puts Fay down, before using his catapult to fire a stone into the air. It hits an energy shield and vapourises. "Energy signal originating from under the Earth. We're trapped." Rory suddenly comes around a building with a woman and child. "Doctor, something weird's going on here, the graves are eating people." He stated, "Not now, Rory. Energy barricade, invisible to the naked eye. We can't get out and no one from the outside world can get in."

"What? Okay, what about the Tardis?" Rory asked us as Fay ran up to him, he immediately picked her up. "The what?" Nasreen asks in confusion, I shake my head. "Er, no. Those energy patterns would play havoc with the circuits. With a bit of time, maybe, but we've only got nine and a half minutes." I explained to everyone as Theta finishes his scan, checking his watch. "Nine and a half minutes to what?" Rory asked, "We're trapped, and something's burrowing towards the surface." Rory frowns as he looks around. "Where's Amy?" Rory asked with a cock of his head, his grip tightening on Fay. "Get everyone inside the church. Rory, I'll get her back." Rory pauses as he watches Theta and I, "What do you mean, get her back? Where's she gone?" I flinched slightly at his words as Theta looks upset. Fay starts playing with his fingers, trying to calm him down. "She was taken. Into the Earth." I explained gently, "How? Why didn't you stop it?" He snapped in anger, "I tried. I promise, I tried."

"Well, you should've tried harder!"

"I'll find Amy. I'll keep you all safe, I promise. Come on, please. I need you alongside me."

:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:

A nice stained glass window behind the altar, but the small building is just used for storage now. We all now stand inside, Fay sat on a crate as I leaned against one next to her with my arms crossed. We watched everyone, observing from afar for now. "So we can't get out, we can't contact anyone, and something, the something that took my husband, is coming up through the Earth." The new woman, Ambrose stated with a frown. Her son standing close by, "Yes. If we move quickly enough, we can be ready." Theta insisted as he helped the others set up the computers. Rory sighed as he leaned against the wall on the other side of Fay. "No, stop. This has gone far enough. What is this?" Ambrose stated, I grunted with a frown. She was gonna be a problem, an annoying one. "He's telling the truth, love." Tony insisted, "Come on. It's not the first time we've had no mobile or phone signals. Reception's always rubbish." She scoffed back in response. "Look, Ambrose. We saw the Doctor's friend get taken, okay? You saw the lightning in the sky. I have seen the impossible today, and the only person who's made any sense of it for me, is the Doctor."

"Him?" Ambrose scoffed giving Thera a once over with a judgmental look. Theta looked towards me slightly offended as I laughed. "Me." Theta grumbled, "Can you get my dad back?" The boy from beside Ambrose asked with a cock of his head. "Yes. But I need you to trust me and do exactly as I say from this second onwards, because we're running out of time." Theta told him with a small smile, Ambrose sighed before she nodded. "So tell us what to do." She stated, with tears in her eyes. He quickly looks at his watch, "Thank you. We have eight minutes to set up a line of defence. Bring me every phone, every camera, every piece of recording or transmitting equipment you can find." Everyone except for Fay and the little boy, immediately get to work. "Every burglar alarm, every movement sensor, every security light. I want the whole area covered with sensors."

:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:

The equipment is set up. The dots are still heading up towards the surface on the computer screens. "Right, guys, we need to be ready for whatever's coming up. I need a map of the village marking where the cameras are going." He pats the young boy, Elliot as Fay told us on the shoulder. "I can't do the words. I'm dyslexic." Elliot speaks with a sad frown, Theta bends down to face him with a smile. "Oh, that's all right, I can't make a decent meringue. Draw like your life depends on it, Elliot. Fay will help you." Both children excitedly run off to do what Theta asked for them. "Six minutes forty." Tony speaks as we continue to set things up. Five minutes to go. The new CCTV array is ready, "Works in quadrants. Every movement sensor and trip light we've got. If anything moves, we'll know." Tony tells us from across the room. Theta smiles at the man, "Good lad." He pays the man on the back as he passes, grabbing my hand and leading me outside.

Four minutes, and Theta is examining the inside of Ambrose's meals on wheels van. I lean against the door as I watched him, not so subtlety checking him out. I mean I had a chance, and I took it. "Oi! What're you doing?" Ambrose asked as she rounds the van, carrying a bunch of weapons. I frowned at the sight, "Resources. Every little helps. Meals on wheels. What've you got here, then. Warmer in the front, refrigerated in the back." Ambrose puts an armful of rifles and a cricket bat on the seat. "Bit chilly for a hideout, mind." Theta frowned at the sight of the weapons, his eyes moving towards me for a second before looking back at her. "What are those?" We asked together, "Like you say, every little helps." She shrugged back. "No, no weapons. It's not the way we do things." Theta insisted, "You said we're supposed to be defending ourselves." We both sighed with a frown, "Oh, Ambrose, you're better than this. I'm asking nicely. Put them away."

Theta walks away, I watch as she slowly turned to look at the taser. "Don't." I stated with a glare as I pushed her away from the door, slamming it closed. She huffed as I moved around her, walking inside as well.

Less than three and a half minutes, Elliot runs in with his map. "Look at that. Perfect. Dyslexia never stopped Da Vinci or Einstein. It's not stopping you." Theta laughs with a wink as Fay pops up on the other side of the boy. "I don't understand what you're going to do." Elliot utters out as he pressed a few more buttons on the computer. "Two phase plan. First, the sensors and cameras will tell us when something arrives. Second, if something does arrive," He pulls out his sonic, "I use this to send a sonic pulse through that network of devices. A pulse which would temporarily incapacitate most things in the universe." He smiles as he moves on the other side. "Knock 'em out. Cool." Elliot utters out with a laugh, Theta smiling back at the two children. "Lovely place to grow up round here." Elliot shrugs in response, "Suppose. I want to live in a city one day. Soon as I'm old enough, I'll be off."

"I was the same where I grew up."

"Did you get away?"

"Yeah."

"Do you ever miss it?"

"So much."

"Is it monsters coming? Have you met monsters before?"

"Yeah." Theta was right, he had met them before, I had only studied all the he had met species. I never actually got a chance to meet them, being stuck in a castle all day. "You scared of them?" Elliot asked, "No, they're scared of me." Theta winked at the boy who smiled back. "Will you really get my dad back?" Elliot asked as he cocked his head to the side, "No question." I spoke up with a wink towards the boy. "I left my headphones at home." One minute.

Theta and I move outside as Fay takes off with Elliot, she would be ok with the boy for now. "How're you doing?" Theta asked Rory who is completing the sensor array. "It's getting darker. How can it be getting dark so quickly?" The dome above us was turning a black color. "Shutting out light from within the barricade. Trying to isolate us in the dark. Which means...." I paused as the ground rumbled, my eyes meeting Theta's. "It's here." Zero.

:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:

Ambrose states as we meet her at the church door, Fay coming up behind us panting. "I can't open it. It keeps sticking. The wood's warped." I frowned down at her but I still grabbed her hand. I'm glad she's safe but I thought she was with Elliot, "Any time you want to help." Theta snapped back at us in annoyance, I raise an eyebrow at him as he winced. "Can't you sonic it?" Rory questioned with a frown, "It doesn't do wood." I told him gently as I leaned slightly close to him, trying to be delicate about the subject. "That is rubbish." Rory replied, I smacked his arms as Theta spun with a glare. "Oi, don't diss the sonic." Three shoulders finally force the door open. We all rush inside as the ground starts shaking. Stacked objects begin to tumble, "See if we can get a fix." The lights explode and everyone screams. "No power." Tony speaks as he tries to turn them on, "It's deliberate." I state out loud. "What do we do now?" Rory asked spinning to face us, "Nothing. We've got nothing. They sent an energy surge to wreck our systems." I explained with a sigh, "Is everyone okay? Is anyone hurt?"

"I'm fine."

"Me too."

There is a big rumble and Theta falls to the floor to listen. "Doctor, what was that?" Rory asked, "It's like the holes at the drill station." Tony stated as a fact, "Is this how they happened?" Nasreen asked as she looked between us, "It's coming through the final layer of Earth." I speak up as Theta stands with a slightly scared look. "What is?" Silence falls, "The banging's stopped." Ambrose suddenly spun in a circle. "Where's Elliot? Has anyone seen Elliot? Did he come in? Was he in when the door was shut? Who counted him back in? Who saw him last?" She was absolutely freaking out, Fay looked guilty. "I did." She spoke up, everyone turning to face her. "Where is he?" Ambrose snapped as I stepped in front of my daughter protectively. "He said he was going to get headphones." Theta spoke up trying to keep her off our daughter. "And you let him go? He was out there with you and you left him?" Fay flinched back slightly, "I thought he was behind me. We got his headphones and headed back. I saw my mom and dad, and I took off, I thought he was following me. I swear." She uttered out lowly with a sad look. I immediately pulled her into a hug, "It's ok, baby."

A banging came from the door, "Mum! Grandpa Tony! Let me in!" Ambrose rushed to the door. "Elliot!" Ambrose shouted as she tried the door. "Let me in." He cried out, "He's out there. Help me!" Everyone rushes to the door, trying to get it open. "Open the door. Mum! There's something out here." He continues to bang on the door. "Push, Elliot. Push, Elliot. Give it a shove." Suddenly the banging stops on his side. "Mum. Hurry up. Mum." The door finally opens, "Elliot! Where is he? He was here. He was here. Elliot!" She takes off running, Tony following after her. "Ambrose, don't go running off!" There is a little pause before we hear her scream and take off running in that direction. "Fay! Stay here!" I shout back at her, we catch up just in time to see smothering take off. "Dad!"

Tony is now holding his bloody neck, the wound wasn't too bad. "What happened?" Theta and I spoke together, "My dad's hurt." Ambrose shouts, we push them back towards the church. "Get him into the church now." Rory watched with a frown, "Elliot's gone. They've killed him, haven't they?" Ambrose cried out in horror, "I don't think so. They've taken three people when they could've just killed them up here. There's still hope, Ambrose. There is always hope." Theta breathed out who frowned, "Then why have they taken him?" She asked, "I don't know. I'll find Elliot, I promise. But first I've got to stop this attack. Please, get inside the church." She sighed before nodding, "Come on, Dad." She pulls him away and now it was just the three of us. "So what now?"

Theta clicks his tongue with a smirk, he points at us before taking off. A few minutes later, he dons a pair of infra red sunglasses. He spots a dark shape moving through the bushes. "Cold blood. I know who they are." He sings out with a smirk, moving to the van and gets the CO2 fire extinguisher. Something hisses nearby and he lets it off. It screams. Rory bursts out of the back of the van, I come from the other side, using my powers to bundle it inside. "We got it." Rory breathes out as he bangs on the back. "Defending the planet with meals on wheels." Their high five is interrupted by another rumble. "What was that?" Rory asked with a cock of his head. "Sounds like they're leaving." I stated, "Without this one?" The energy dome becomes transparent, letting the sunshine in. "Looks like we scared them off." Rory laughed lightly, "I don't think so. Now both sides have hostages."

:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:

We had managed to move the creature in a crypt underneath the church. "So, I think I've met these creatures before. Different branch of the species, mind, but all the same. Let's see if our friend's thawed out." Theta explains as we move inside, "Are you sure? By yourselves?" Rory asked looking between us, "Very sure." We speak together. "But the sting?" Rory hesitated with a sigh, "Venom gland takes at least twenty four hours to recharge. Am I right? I know what I'm doing. We'll be fine, besides Kate can stop her like before." Rory leaves, our prisoner moves out of the shadows, her chains rattling. "I'm the Doctor, this is my wife Kate. I've come to talk. I'm going to remove your mask." The mask looks like a reptile face, with very big black eyes. He removes it gently, "I've read about your species, but seeing you is way better." I gapped out in awe, "You are beautiful. Remnant of a bygone age on planet Earth. And by the way, lovely mode of travel. Geothermal currents projecting you up through a network of tunnels. Gorgeous. Mind if I sit? Now. Your people have a friend of mine. I want her back. Why did you come to the surface? What do you want? Oh, I do hate a monologue. Give us a bit back. How many are you?"

"I'm the last of my species." She speaks causing us to laugh, "Really. No. Last of the species. The Klempari Defence. As an interrogation defence, it's a bit old hat, I'm afraid." She glares back at us. "I'm the last of my species." She repeats, "No. You're really not. Because we're the last of our species and I know how it sits in a heart. So don't insult us. Let's start again. Tell us your name." I stated as I leaned in, my eyes staring into hers. She backs away slightly, cowering down to my look. "Alaya." She finally speaks, I smirk smugly as I looked back at Theta who huffed slightly. "Show off. How long has your tribe been sleeping under the Earth, Alaya? It's not difficult to work out. You're three hundred million years out of your comfort zone. Question is, what woke you now?" Theta asked her, "We were attacked." She responds with a frown. "The drill." I spoke up, as I began to pace. "Our sensors detected a threat to our life support systems. The warrior class was activated to prevent the assault. We will wipe the vermin from the surface and reclaim our planet."

"Do we have to say vermin? They're really very nice." I snorted slightly at his words. He used to call them apes, "Primitive apes." She hissed back, my point. "Extraordinary species. You attack them, they'll fight back. But, there's a peace to be brokered here. I can help you with that." He insisted as I watched with my arms crossed, "This land is ours. We lived here long before the apes." I rolled my eyes, the Time Lords came before everything but that doesn't mean Theta and I go around trying to take control over every planet and shit. "Doesn't give you automatic rights to it now, I'm afraid. Humans won't give up the planet." I explained to her, she turns to me. "So we destroy them." I scoffed back in response. "You underestimate them." I tell her with a shake of my head, "You underestimate us." She huffed back with a glare. "One tribe of homo reptilia against six billion humans? You've got your work cut out."

"We did not initiate combat, but we can still win." She insisted, Theta sighed getting bored with our back and forth. "Tell me where my friend is. Give us back the people who were taken." He demands, "No." she uttered out cockily with a smirk. "I'm not going let you provoke a war, Alaya. There'll be no battle here today." I frowned at his words, "The fire of war is already lit. A massacre is due." She responded back, "Not while we're here." I snipped in annoyance, "I'll gladly die for my cause. What will you sacrifice for yours?" Theta sighs as he moved towards the door, I shoot her one last look before with both leave.

:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:

"You're going to what?" Rory asked as we all sat in the church, Fay sat on her fathers lap. "Kate and I are going to go down below the surface, to find the rest of the tribe, to talk to them." Theta insisted, "You're going to negotiate with these aliens?" I rolled my eyes in annoyance at her words. "They're not aliens. They're Earth-liens. Once known as the Silurian race, or, some would argue, Eocenes, or Homo Reptilia. Not monsters, not evil. Well, only as evil as you are. The previous owners of the planet, that's all." I explained to everyone, Theta sighed speaking up to finish my work. "Look, from their point of view, you're the invaders. Your drill was threatening their settlement. Now, the creature in the crypt. Her name's Alaya. She's one of their warriors, and she's my best bargaining chip. We need her alive. If she lives, so do Elliot and Mo and Amy, because we will find them. While we're gone, you four people, in this church, in this corner of planet Earth, you have to be the best of humanity. Fay will stay here and help us make sure that happens." Ambrose scoffed at the thought of our daughter helping out.

"And what if they come back? Shouldn't we be examining this creature? Dissecting it, finding its weak points?" Tony asks, I shoot him a dark glare as Thera stands up. He sets Fay down, "No dissecting, no examining. We return their hostage, they return ours, nobody gets harmed. We can land this together, if you are the best you can be. You are decent, brilliant people. Nobody dies today. Understand?" He snaps in determination, Nasreen applauds the speech. "Look, Fay and Rory are in charge. Don't let them do anything to her." Fay nods as we pull her into a hug, I grab Rory as well and pull him into one. "Watch Ambrose, don't let her harm anyone." I whisper in his ear, he pulls away with a frown before nodding. Turning back to Fay I bend down, "I'm gonna need you to stay with her, she may need help. Keep her alive, my little one." She nods back with a smile, saluting me with a laugh. "I'm on it!" She cheered as I kissed her forehead, giving her one last smile I stand up. Theta sighs as he grabs my hand and pulls me outside towards the tardis.

Nasreen has followed us to the Tardis, Theta turns to her with a big frown. "No, sorry, no. What are you doing?" He asked a I raised an eyebrow in question as well. "Coming with you, of course. What is it, some kind of transport pod?" I snorted, "Sort of, but you're not coming with us." I spoke up before Theta, "He's right. You're not." Tony snapped as he came rushing up. "I have spent all my life excavating the layers of this planet, and now you want me to stand back while you head down into it? I don't think so." She insisted with a raised eyebrow, Theta shot me a look. "I don't have time to argue." He snapped, "I thought we were in a rush." She smirks at me, "It'll be dangerous." I tell her, she shrugs back in response. "Oh, so's crossing the road." She insists, Theta looks at me once more; I shrug back in response. He sighs, "Oh, for goodness sake. All right, then. Come on." We move inside the Tardis, a short minute later she enters. "Welcome aboard the Tardis. Now, don't touch anything. Very precious." She gaps in awe, "No way. But, but that's, this is fantastic. What does it do?"

He begins to flip switches as I pulled a lever, "Everything. I'm hoping, if we're going down, that barricade won't interfere." We suddenly get knocked off our feet. "Did you touch something?" He asked her with a frown, "No. Isn't this what it does?" Theta shoots me a look over the console. "Don't look at me, I'm not doing anything." I snipped back in retaliation. "We've been hijacked. I can't stop it. They must've sensed the electro-magnetic field. They're pulling the Tardis down into the Earth."

:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:

Rory and Fay move down into the crypt, "You had to come and see me." Alaya smirks as Fay moves over to the the woman. "We are going to keep you safe." Rory insists as Fay sits next to her, Alaya looks shocked at the little girl who smiled back at her. "Your tribe are going to give us back our people in exchange for you." Ambrose spoke as she entered the room, "No. Shall I tell you what's really going to happen, apes? One of you will kill me. My death shall ignite a war, and every stinking ape shall be wiped from the surface of my beloved planet." Her eyes stayed on Ambrose who flinched, Tony frowned as he too stepped inside the room. "We won't allow that to happen." He insisted, "I know apes better than you know yourselves. I know which one of you will kill me. Do you?" Alaya taunted the group, Fay just watched.

:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:••:۞:

The Tardis comes to a sudden stop, throwing us all to the floor. Theta grunts as he picks himself up, before rushing over to help me up as well. "Where are we?" Theta and I move outside, now we are standing in a tunnel. Loose soil is raining down, gently, from the hole above the Tardis. "Looks like we fell through the bottom of their tunnel system. Don't suppose it was designed for handling something like this." Theta spoke as he scanned the area with his sonic. "How far down are we?" Nasreen asked looking between us. "Oh, a lot more than twenty one kilometres." I explained to her, "So why aren't we burning alive?" She asked again, our voices echoing. "Don't know. Interesting, isn't it?" He smirked at me, "It's like this is everyday to you." She laughs at us as we moved forward. "Not every day. Every other day." Now, we are making our way through the tunnels. "We're looking for a small tribal settlement probably housing around a dozen Homo Reptilia? Maybe less."Nasreen goes down a side passage and stops. "One small tribe." She speaks causing us to stop, "Yeah." I stated as Nasreen points. "Maybe a dozen?" She asked as we came to stop beside her. "Ah." We are now looking down on a vast chamber. "Maybe more than a dozen. Maybe more like an entire civilisation living beneath the Earth."

TO BE CONTINUED.....

●▬▬▬▬▬๑⇩⇩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Ok, so I will be doing the minisodes but I won't be doing the goodnight/last night ones. I just don't won't to first of all and second I don't really see a point in them.

Also I realized the one I posted before this chapter was technically supposed to come next season but I'm just gonna leave it because why not.

It honestly doesn't matter to much.

Unless you guys mind, then I'll move it when I have that season published but for now it's here.

I was gonna have Kate go with Amy but then I was like no, then I thought maybe Fay but I also was like no because I could use her somewhere else. Which I did.

I hope you guys enjoyed this one, I'm writing these as I go by the way. I used to write them out and then put them out on a schedule but now I'm just not lol.

Thank you all for the love and support!!!

7,050 Words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 207 9
𝐈𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧. 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡: 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐝𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭...
5.6K 282 11
Where someone new joins the Doctor's life. A mystery, an impossibility he can't seem to decipher. A question he can't seem to answer, and he doesn't...
62 0 17
Collection of previously-published one-shot Doctor Who songfics, primarily featuring Ten/Rose that I'm posting all in one "book" to make it easier on...
57 0 4
The Doctor and the Master are both the stuff of legend in the kinky world, but outside of it, their personal life is a mess.