Cyborg (Loki fanfic) - on hia...

By just-tissue

*DISCLAIMER* This fic is old, (by my standards) like REALLY old, so if you're reading this, a big fat 'thank... More

Purple space grape (chapter 1)
Cuffs (chapter 2)
They know (chapter 3)
tesseract blue (chapter 4)
Stone (chapter 5)
Magic book (chapter 6)
void (chapter 7)
Sanctuary *part 1* (Chapter 8)
Sanctuary *part 2* (chapter 9)
Sanctuary *part 3* (chapter 10)
Sanctuary *part 4* (chapter 11)
Sanctuary *part 5* (chapter 12)
Sanctuary *Part 6* (Chapter 13)
Sanctuary *Part 7* (chapter 14)
Sanctuary *Part 8* (Chapter 15)
Sanctuary *part 9* (chapter 16)
Sanctuary *part 10* (Chapter 17)
Sanctuary *wow this is getting long* (chapter 18)
Sanctuary *Whatever part we're at by this point* (Chapter 19)
A Magical Apprentice/1k special (Chapter 20)
Parallels (Chapter 21)
You left it!? (Chapter 23)
Mind Stone (Chapter 24)
Welp, that's great! (Chapter 25)
Lessons with mama spider (Chapter 26)
Yelena Belova (Chapter 27) *2k SpEciAl!*
Fever dream (Chapter 28) *A ฿ł₮ overdue Christmas and 3K special*
An Arcane Varlet (Chapter 29) (AKA, it has been a fricKing long time.)
Notebook with names (Chapter 30)
I'm not an apologist, I'm a realist. (Chapter 31)
Announcement

Please!? (Chapter 22)

240 11 92
By just-tissue

Loki glared at Illusion-Loki for a few more moments before turning his gaze, Cassidy spoke up; "Well, what do we do now? Do we just stay here until they," She pointed at the unconscious group on the floor; "Wake up." Loki thought for a moment, then shook his head; "No, we can transport them back to where we came from." 

"Speaking of the where's and the why's and the whatever comes after, where were you before?" Cassidy questioned, seeming to have regained enough energy to produce sarcasm. "We were at . . . Stark tower I believe it was called?" Loki replied, uncertain. "Wait, Stark tower? Isn't that Avengers tower . . . ?" Cassidy mumbled as she waved her hand, summoning the previous illusion of the multiverse. "Hmm," Cassidy murmured as she summoned the I-have-these-glasses-to-make-me-look-smart glasses, (As Loki calls them) which plopped into her hands, she promptly placed them on her face. Loki snorted; "What?" Cassidy questioned, Loki erupted into laughter for a few moments, before calming down and replying in between bursts of giggles; "You look ridiculous!" 

Cassidy's ears turned red at the tips; "I do not!" Loki gave her a lopsided grin. (Not the I-will-now-kill-you grin, the Are-you-sure-about-that) "Sure, sure. Whatever you say, Cassidy." A small pause came into existence before it was extinguished like a flame when Cassidy added; "So . . . are we going to go now?" "Yeah, sure," Loki replied, staring into space for a moment before turning his gaze to a wall on the left. (Because I can't resist on your left references, plus, I re-watched Captain; America the Winter Soldier a while ago, you can't blame me!) Cassidy sighed, then dispelled the illusion of the multiverse, she then turned to Loki.

"You know, I've never heard you laugh before," Cassidy replied bitterly as she stared at Loki, who raised an eyebrow, then replied; "Didn't you watch my entire life play out? Surely you've heard me laugh?" Cassidy thought for a moment then answered; "We- I didn't see your entire life play out. I mean, yeah there are headcanons and stuff, but that most likely happened in other universes." Loki paused for a moment, absorbing the information before questioning; "wait, what's a head-canon?" 

Cassidy snorted at his pronunciation of the word before elaborating; "A headcanon is like a theory that someone made up from a piece of media, but that isn't confirmed the source. For example, A Harry Potter headcanon would be that Snape, Harry and Voldemort are the three brothers and Dumbledore is dead." Loki's eyes widened, then he screeched; "I knew it!" "Of course you did," Cassidy muttered, crossing her arms. "But let's get going, shall we?" Cassidy said with a sigh.

"Yep," Loki said, with a slightly more cheerful tone in his voice. He waved his hand and green smoke formed in front of him, slowly growing larger until it was large enough to step through. Loki was about to wave his hand to levitate the Avengers when Cassidy stepped in; "Can I do it!? Please?!" She said, practically begging and giving Loki what could be called *extreme puppy dog eyes*. Loki sighed, then replied; "Fine. But don't drop them." And with that, Loki stalked into the portal. 

Cassidy closed her eyes and focused. She could feel her magical core, all she had to do was activate it. After a few minutes of straining, she opened her eyes and saw the Avengers floating in front of her, in a film of gold light. She made a small squeak of excitement and jumped slightly. Thank the Norns Loki isn't here to see that. She thought sheepishly as she stopped hopping like a rabbit and waved her hand to test the spell's durability. Levitation spells or any physical spell, like Mind Control, Telepathy, etc. were a lot like playing a virtual magical video game, but mentally. (or physically in some cases, such as Cassidy's) The rules were simple if you move your hand (Or a finger, but that's a higher level of magic than Cassidy was at the present moment) up, the object/person would move up. Simple.

It gets a bit more tricky for fingers though, if you move your finger a centimetre, the person/object would be lifted off the ground by around a meter and a bit. So if you wanted to turn your enemy into a ragdoll, just pretend you're playing video games with telepathy. Simple-ish. Mentally is the most challenging, if you make one wrong move, you could either kill your subject (if you were levitating a person) or make them fly a bit off of the ground. You have to be a lot more specific when performing magic mentally, if you think the word up then your magic could assume you mean up multiple meters in the air, or a foot or two. So you have to be definite with your measurements. (Oh darn, did I turn this paragraph unwillingly into a math lesson? I am so sorry.)

Luckily, Cassidy was still at the basic level of levitation, only with hand movements. She flicked her wrist upward slightly and the group levitated off the floor by a few feet. She turned her hand at an angle so that it was facing towards her and waved her hand in a sweeping motion. The gang was slowly moving towards the portal, Cassidy pulled in three fingers, leaving the index and middle finger pointing outwards. (Like finger guns) She swept them, and the Avengers glows dimmed, leaving Natasha as the only brightly glowing one out of the group. 

Cassidy flicked her wrist, and the Avenger was positioned in front of the portal as if she lay on an invisible bed. Cassidy repeated the same action and soon, all of the Avengers were lined up in front of the portal. She did a sweeping gesture with her hand as if swatting a fly, and each Avenger went through the portal, leaving her as the only person in the room. She turned to Illusion-Loki, who was staring at the procession every few seconds when he turned his gaze from his book. "Are you going to come?" Cassidy questioned.

Illusion-Loki raised an eyebrow, then dispelled the book and straightened. "Sure, I don't see why not." Cassidy smiled at the illusion, before replying; "Then let's get going." And with that Cassidy strode into the portal, and disappeared. Illusion-Loki hesitated for a moment, he glanced around the room for a brief moment before flicking his wrist, sending the table, chairs, and the box of tissue into the original Loki's dimensional pocket. Illusion-Loki waved his hand as he strode to the portal, which he stopped before.

He took a deep breath as he looked around the room one final time before he clicked his fingers and swiftly stepped through the portal. For a moment nothing happened in the bare chamber, then the edges fell away, exposing an abyss of inky blackness. It slowly closed in on the room, until it was gone, leaving an ebony void in its wake. 

3rd person Infirmary P.O.V when Loki arrives

It's been a few hours since the Avengers and Loki had disappeared, Jarvis knew he shouldn't be worrying, even if artificial intelligence could worry, he knew the Avengers were in safe hands, and that they could handle themselves. But he had scanned Loki a few times, and even while unconscious he had startlingly high energy levels. (*Energy levels* is kinda like the technical term for Seidr.) But he wasn't worried about most of the Avengers so to speak, he had done background research on each of their skills and they seemed competent enough to take down Loki a second time if they had to. But it had been a while, 3 hours, 23 minutes and 8 seconds to be exact and while artificial intelligence didn't usually worry, Jarvis was as anxious as one could be. 

He constantly checked the cameras in the infirmary, while hacking other cameras in the city, such as street light cameras, phones, anything that could pinpoint exactly where his master and the group were going to show up. If they did at all, the rational part of his coding responded harshly, which he quickly shoved away to another file and focused on finding the Avengers. An alert showed up in his inbox (I'm sorry I'm awful at writing sciencey stuff) signalling that something had happened in the infirmary. 

He immediately switched to the infirmary tab, from the live video feed he'd been watching of a city in southern Carolina. (I'm Canadian, so I just thought of the first state that came to mind.) At first, it seemed like nothing had changed, but the A.I knew better. He switched on the thermic film he had stocked in his storage drive, which had been developed by his master for no particular reason but it had turned out to be very handy at the moment. The instant he switched it on, the room turned into varying shades of blue's and purples, turned red and orange around the machines. 

He pulled up another tab that showed the room without the thermal addition to what would happen. In the middle of the room that showed the infrared, the room slowly went from blue and purple to orange, yellow and eventually to a bright blazing red. The ordinary camera didn't show anything different though, so he remained focused on the thermal one. The heat grew until it was worryingly large, around a third of the room, still nothing on the regular camera. Jarvis flipped back to the Infrared camera, he scanned the room multiple times, switching to different angles to get a better look at the anomaly, when suddenly the cameras glitched the went black. 

The A.I paused for a moment, before attempting wildly to hack the cameras to get them back online. Howbeit, at the same time, a small ball of light appeared before him, it was dark green around the edges, and bright white and lime in the centre, a stark (Name puns!) contrast to the golden yellow Jarvis himself was composed of. "Who are you?" the A.I asked the inconsistency when it didn't reply, he continued; "State your intentions." At that, the sphere quivered slightly, then split into minuscule specs, which fell together and formed words.

"I am not a foe, I mean you no harm. I apologize for halting your cameras." A voice spoke up as the words said this, Loki's voice. "Greetings, Mr. Odinson." The words stopped abruptly, rearranging themselves, when the voice spoke up, it was slightly harsh; "Don't call me that." The A.I paused, before asking the next question; "Then what shall I call you?" This time, it was the other's turn to halt before responding; "Loki Friggason." 

"Of course Mr. Friggason." The interloper hummed in approval before leaving the A.I to desolation once again. The cameras soon turned on again, showing what looked like a wall of green smoke, which the real Loki had promptly stepped out of. The rest of the Avengers soon followed, all of them unconscious, worry (If A.I systems can worry) filled the bottom of the A.I's stomach (METAPHRICALY A.I's don't have stomachs) as he stared at all the Avengers float through the portal. 

After all 6 Avengers were through, a young girl, around 12, stepped through. She had a red hoodie with an hourglass symbol embedded on the back. (The other Avengers didn't notice since Cassidy was facing them the entire time.) Why did this young woman have the symbol of one of the Avengers on a hoodie? No one made any Avenger's merchandise, a quick trip through the internet confirmed it. Maybe the hoodie was custom-made? His digital thoughts were interrupted by another Loki walking through the portal. 

As his master would say; "What the frick is happening?!" (But he didn't say frick. *Please tell me someone understood that reference*) There was going to be a lot of explaining to be done after this. Jarvis thought digitally as he stared at the odd group before him. 

~ (' - ,) ~

Loki strode through the portal, green mist sticking to him slightly, darkness all around him, a sudden feeling of pitch-black all around, no air- but then he stepped on solid ground. The emerald vapour attached to his limbs lightly as he stepped through the portal, and he brushed it off halfheartedly, still relishing the feeling of his magic being back, and present, not as a phony or nihility. He sensed something watching him before he even stepped out of the smoke, and sent out a probe of magic to stop it, or who was watching. His feet fell on solid ground, and he look around to see what or who was watching the room, but there was no one. It took him a moment to remember that Stark had an A.I system, Jarvis? Was that it? 

He sighed, then closed his eyes. He'd never actually mixed magic with technology before, it was risky and could have horrible consequences, or so he was told. But a life without risk wasn't a life at all, so he sent out his consciousness to the reaches of the internet. It took him less than a moment to find the A.I, his influence had spread to almost every corner of hyperspace (That's a fancy word for internet.) searching for the group. The A.I said something, but he couldn't hear over the sound of him being coded into existence within the internet, which surprisingly wasn't quiet. (Note the sarcasm)

When he was finally booted in, the A.I spoke up, this time with proper hearing on Loki's side, he heard what Jarvis had said. "State your intentions." the A.I said calmly, but he noticed a threat behind the placid words, it's better to seem an ally than an adversary, especially to a digital system; "I am not a foe, I mean you no harm." Loki replied, trying to seem as sincere as possible, then added as an afterthought; "I apologize for halting your cameras." The A.I paused for a moment, seeming to absorb the information, before continuing in a slightly more cheerful tone than before; "Greetings Mr. Odinson." 

Loki clenched his fists, I am not and Odinson, I never was and I never will be. He thought pitilessly to himself. "Don't call me that." Loki snapped at the insufferable machine, which interluded then proceeded; "Then what shall I call you?" At that, Loki wavered. What did he want to be called? On Asgard, titles were a thoughtful topic, but on Asgard, he was still an Odinson (If the bastard hadn't disowned him yet, which would be miraculous.). He could also go as Laufeyso- wait, no stop that thought right there. No Jotun-related-twaddle here. He never knew his biological mother, but he would probably never want her to be his surname either.

The next person who he would accept was Frigga, and even though it was pigeonhearted and pusillanimous (that means scared btw) in Asgard to be named after one's mother, he hoped it was unobjectionable on Midgard. "Loki Friggason." He replied to the A.I, hoping he kept the solicitous tremor from his voice. "Of course Mr. Friggason." The A.I replied buoyantly as if acquiring a new name in its database was the most exciting thing in the world. Loki hummed in approval, then left the A.I to itself. 

He fell back into his physical body and opened his eyes. Everything was hazy for a moment, he shook his head slightly and his vision cleared. He waved his hand, and the magical probe came back to its caster. He felt the hum of the A.I's systems rebooting and analyzing the scene. He turned back to the portal, where the first of the Avengers were being transported through, it was Clint, unsurprisingly. Cassidy never exactly favoured Clint, but Loki never knew why, she never told him. Even when they first met a few hundred years ago (By Midgardian standards), she would rant on and on about how Clint Barton was the worst Avenger, even before the man was even born. 

Loki assumed Cassidy would go from least to most favoured Avenger since she'd never exactly levitated someone through a portal and the least favoured would be most likely to get thrown into the void of space and time if she made a mistake, hence why Clint went through first. After the archer was completely through the portal, Loki waved his hand, causing Cassidys' gold magic to dissolve and his green magic to take its place. He cautiously moved the archer to a medical bed, moving him to lay comfortably, or as much as he could on it. 

Next came the Captain, and Loki repeated the process. After that was Banner, Loki sighed, before repeating the process, making sure he put him in the best the farthest away from him. Next came Thor, and Loki made sure to put him in of the more comfortable of beds, he then cursed his sentiment, but left Thor anyways. Next, peculiarly came Stark. Loki expected the Inventor to come right after Clint, he didn't see why he was so high up on Cassidys' favoured list, but he shrugged it off and repeated the action.

Finally, and not shockingly, came Natasha Romanoff and Loki did the same thing but put the spy in a slightly more comfortable than the usual bed, half of the action for the sake of respect, the other because of Cassidy's favouritism of the Black Widow. Eventually came Cassidy herself, her brown curls bobbing on her head slightly as she stepped out of the portal. "Is that everyone?" She asked as she turned in a slow circle to count the group. "Yes, it is," Loki replied. 

"What do we do now?" Cassidy said as she looked around at the unconscious Avengers, suddenly Cassidy's eyes lit up with excitement, she then turned to Loki, who already knew what she was going to say. "No," Loki said firmly. "Please?" Cassidy begged, giving Loki extreme puppy dog eyes. "No." Loki repeated; "Please!?" Cassidy said, her voice a soprano. (Really high pitched) Loki sighed, then facepalmed. "I'm going to regret this, aren't I?" Loki questioned as he stared at the girl, who was beaming at the Asgardian.

"Yep," Cassidy replied, her smile turning into a smirk. "Fine, you can do it," Loki said, exasperated, Cassidy grinned then ran up to Loki and pulled him into a hug. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She repeated then let go of the hug, Loki himself was a bit shaken but continued staring at Cassidy, who then cupped her hands over her mouth, and yelled; "JARVIS!!!" The A.I replied; "I do not answer to unauthorized clients." 

Cassidy turned to Loki, then questioned; "Can you give me access? Please?!" Loki sighed for the umpteenth time. "Fine, Jarvis Please add Cassidy to your access list." The A.I retorted; "I'm afraid that you do not have access to those settings, Mr. Friggason." Loki raised an eyebrow, then questioned; "Then who does?" "Mrs. Potts, Mr. Stark, and Mr. Hogan," Jarvis answered. 

"Can we meet them?!" Cassidy said, looking even more like an excited puppy than before. "I'm not sure. I don't know if they know that I- . . . I'm innocent." Loki mumbled, Jarvis  spoke up; "I can inform them of the situation if that could help." "Yes, please Jarvis," Loki said, gratitude unmistakable in his voice. "Well then, let's get to it," Cassidy said, cheerful as usual, but somewhat more joyful at getting to meet Pepper and Happy.

"I have set up a conference in room 65, which is downstairs by one floor, and is the room directly in front of the elevator." Jarvis voiced. "Thank you, Jarvis," Loki replied, then walked to the door and walked through, when Cassidy didn't come, he glanced back into the room. "Are you coming, or what?" He asked, Cassidy, replied; "Yeah, sure commin'." She then swiftly walked out the door, and Loki speed-walked to catch up. 

They walked in silence, but not uncomfortable silence like before, where they both wanted to say something but didn't know where to start, complacent silence, where they both finished what they wanted to say and were satisfied to be left to their thoughts. Cassidy spoke up; "If we do pass where you- uh. Nevermind." Loki turned to her, then questioned; "Pass what?" Cassidy sighed; "I didn't want to bring it up unless I had too, but uh . . . where you got . . . smashed by the Hulk."

Loki sighed, then responded; "What about it?" Cassidy looked sheepish by this point; "Well, I just, uh. Kinda wanted to maybe, oh god this sounds so weird,  just maybe . . . take a rock?" Loki raised an eyebrow. "You want to take a rock from where I was smashed into the ground?" Cassidy smiled crookedly; "Yeah, it's stupid, never mind." Loki sighed, then replied; "Fine you can take a rock." 

Cassidy's face went from timid to overjoy in a matter of seconds; "Really!" "Yes," Loki responded. Cassidy jumped, then ran ahead of Loki, to the grey double doors before them, she swung them open then ran to the room, past the island, and to the crater in the floor, already knowing where the scene happened. She crouched down beside the hole in the floor and examined different rocks, eventually, she settled on a medium-sized rock and placed it in her pocket. She got up and brushed imaginary dust off of her pants then went back to the doors, where Loki had just arrived and had been watching. 

"Got one you like?" Loki questioned as stared at the pebble in her palm. "Yep," Cassidy replied, still staring at the pebble. "Good, because I'm not letting you get another," Loki responded, and with that, he turned to the elevator, Cassidy skipped to keep up with him. Just as Loki was about to press the button, a small ding signalled that the elevator had arrived. "I have already requested the elevator for you, Mr. Friggason and anonymous associate." 

Cassidy smirked as she and Loki walked into the elevator. "Friggason?" She questioned. "It was the first thing that came to mind. If you ridicule me about it, I will injure Lo-kitty." Cassidy gasped, then replied; "You wouldn't dare hurt him!" Loki sighed, then replied; "You're right, he's too amiable." "Darn right he is. Also, I wasn't making fun of you, I think it's sweet. Besides the Fandom has been calling you that for years." 

Loki raised an eyebrow. "Have they now?" "Yep," Cassidy replied jovially. "Also, Jarvis." She added. "Yes, anonymous associate?" "You can call me Cassidy, Cassidy Bell," Cassidy responded smile on her face at actually talking to the A.I. "Yes, Miss. Bell. Also, I would like to inform you both you have arrived at the designated floor." "Thank you, Jarvis!" Cassidy said as she and Loki stepped out of the elevator. They strode over to a door, with the brass number 65 printed on it. Loki grabbed the handle and twisted it, opened the door, revealing a small room that had a black wooden conference table, with seats next to the board, around 10 or so, 1 at the end, and 1 at the front and the others arranged around the sides. 

Cassidy sighed; "Guess they aren't here yet." She strolled over to a chair and plopped down. She started at Loki, who was standing in the doorway; "Are you going to come or not?" Cassidy said as she gestured at the other chairs surrounding the table. "Sure, why not," Loki said as she walked to a random chair, pulled it out and sat down. Cassidy spoke up randomly; "Can you teach me how to make fireworks from my hands?" 

"Eh, maybe later," Loki replied as he relaxed in his seat and stared at the ceiling. He was tired, well more tired than he assumed he should be after fighting a group of Midgardians and his brother for a few hours. He shifted in the seat chair until he found a more comfortable position, luckily the seats were soft, and not wooden. He closed his eyes, then fell asleep.

Hope you humans/aliens/Asgardians/Jotuns/Xandarians/Midgardians like the chapter! It is 4034 (13 pages on google docs!) words long, so a bit big, and yeah.

- just-a-random-tissue

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295K 27.5K 64
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
468K 16.8K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
251K 8.2K 56
When he denied his own baby calling her a cheater. "This baby is not mine." But why god planned them to meet again? "I would like you to transfer in...