To Be Mine (Editing)

By laurenejohnson

Elizabeth Miller was hopeless when it came to love. Brett Smith had experience, and was the player type. Both... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue

Chapter 11

1.1K 4 1
By laurenejohnson

Chapter 11

Brett's POV

I'd spent the whole day at Beth's beach house, but after she'd answered the door, she'd been really distant. I had no clue why, but I didn't want to bug her with questions, so I just ignored it.

We got at it in her room before I had to leave, and after that she finally seemed more focused.

"I should go now," I said sadly as I got off her bed and started putting my clothes back on. She groaned and sat up in her bed, clutching the sheet to cover her chest.

"Why?" she asked sadly.

"My parents are coming home from their vacation today," I started, "and I don't think I would want to tell them I wasn't home because I was in bed with my beautiful girlfriend." I leaned down and gave her a peck on her lips and pulled back to slip my shirt on over my head.

"I wish you could stay..." she trailed off, looking at me with lust in her eyes as she bit her bottom lip seductively. I chuckled.

"I wish I could too, baby," I said, "but you know my parents. I don't think they know we have even kissed, let alone done this." I motioned to the bed. She groaned again and fell backwards onto the bed.

I smiled at her as I walked to the side of the bed. I saw her eyes were closed so I quickly put my arms under her body and brought her to my chest, holding her bridal style. She squealed and opened her eyes as I kissed her passionately.

"I love you, baby," I said as I pulled away. For a second I thought I saw a hint of sadness in her eyes but it was immediately gone, replaced with happiness. She grabbed the hair at the back of my head and pulled me in to kiss her again.

I slowly set her back on the bed and climbed on too, still kissing her. She moaned as she slipped her hands down to the hem of my shirt, pulling it up.

"Baby," I said against her lips, slightly pulling back. "I can't again, you know I have to go." She pouted, and I could barely get off the bed, she was so tempting. I smirked at her as I said goodbye and walked out of her room, leaving her naked in bed...something I thought I would never do, but I didn't want to.

I went back home and spent the rest of the night with my family, going to bed around ten so I could have an excuse to get away from them. I waited until midnight to sneak out of the house and get in my car, slipping out of the driveway with ease.

When I pulled into the driveway of Beth's beach house I got out and slowly closed the door, careful not to be loud. I looked around the front of the house for some rocks and I found a couples. I walked to the window of Beth's room and softly started throwing rocks. It wouldn't have as good of an effect since her room was on the first story, and we didn't have to worry about her parents, but I didn't want to be completely cliché. I saw a light turn on after the third rock was thrown, and then the curtains were opened.

I saw Beth in her purple pajamas behind the window, looking around until her eyes landed on me and she smiled.

xxxxxxxxxx

Elizabeth's POV

I was dreaming about Brett when a noise outside my window woke me up. I shoved the quilt off of my body and turned the lamp on my beside table on, getting out of bed. I threw open the curtains to see if maybe there was an intruder or something when my eyes landed on Brett and I smiled. He was standing there, in a black leather jacket, plain white v neck and simple jeans, throwing rocks at my window.

I somehow figured out how to open the window and helped Brett inside.

"Oh, Brett, I love you," I said, kissing him after I closed the window and curtains.

I felt Brett smile against my lips as he led me to the bed.

"Oh, so now you want to fool around?" I teased, taking Brett's jacket off for him.

"Yes, baby," he replied, and I giggled as he turned the lamp off, us left in darkness.

xxxxxxxxxx

The night Brett snuck in my room was very, very fun. Around four in the morning he slipped back out of my window, and I went back to bed, exhausted. I was extremely glad that Ali and Kathy's rooms were at the opposite end of the house, or they might have heard Brett and I, in which case we would be screwed. However, I still couldn't fall asleep until around six, because I was too happy to sleep.

When I woke up the next morning it was nearly noon, and I was freezing. I realized my pajamas were scattered all over the floor, and my ceiling fan was on full blast. I groaned, turning on my stomach and trying to fall back asleep. I heard a knock at my door.

"Go away," I groaned, my voice muffled by the pillow. I heard my door open and footsteps walk in my room, then a gasp.

"Beth! Why are your clothes all over the floor?!" Ali asked, bewildered. "And why in the world are you naked?!" I pulled the sheets and quilt up to cover my chest as I turned to look at her. Her eyes were wide as she waited for an explanation.

"Brett came over last night," I stated, plain and simple. No use in lying to her.

"Okay, ew!" she said as turned around and walked out of my room, pretending to gag. I laughed at her embarrassment as I fell on my back onto the bed and closed my eyes, trying to fall back asleep.

"Okay, wake up," Kathy said, hovering over me. My eyes snapped open in shock. I hadn't heard her coming and she startled me.

"No," I groaned, again turning my body to lie on my stomach.

"You've made me do this, Beth," Kathy said apologetically. Next thing I knew she was tickling me and I was part squealing, part laughing and part screaming.

"Fine! I'm up!" I screamed as I struggled to keep my covers doing just that, covering me.

"Good," Kathy smirked, and I sat up to watch her leave and close the door behind her.

I got out of bed and made it, then I collected the scattered clothes and put them into my hamper. I went to my dresser and took out a sports bra and running shorts, pulling them on. I grabbed a pony tail and put my hair up after brushing it, then put my running shoes on. I found my new iPod shuffle at the bottom of my purse, and I put the strap on my arm that holds my iPod, then clipped the iPod on. I walked out of my room to see Ali in the kitchen on the phone and Kathy sitting on the couch watching tv.

"I'm going for a run," I said to them, and they nodded as I went out the door. I shoved the ear buds in my ears as I started off jogging, down the sidewalk and along the three mile route I enjoyed taking.

I passed by a lot of teenage guys about my age who took advantage of my work out clothes and checked me out. I just ignored them and continued running.

As I started the three mile run back to the house, after I'd visited a gas station for a bottle of water, I saw Cody in his Bentley. I had stopped as I waited for cars to drive by at a stop light, and he was waiting for a red light. He had smiled and waved, and, being polite, I returned the smile.

I was saved when the cars had stopped and I could continue my run.

When I returned to the house I was only slightly out of breath, and I neither saw Kathy and Ali had moved since I left. I went straight to my room and turned on a cold shower, tugging my shows off then my clothes. The shower relaxed my muscles and I stayed in there a good hour before getting out and towel drying my hair, leaving it wavy.

I put on a gray bikini under an American Eagle purple v neck with some white writing on it, and American Eagle jean capris that had holes in them. I pulled on white wrap around sandals and put a little mascara on before going to the kitchen for something to eat.

Ali was still in there, sitting on the counter now and babbling to her boyfriend about how she still wasn't about to get a tan after being here two weeks. I looked down at my own skin and noticed that my tan had gotten a little darker, but not too much.

I made myself a sandwich and went to eat it in the living room, sitting next to Kathy on the couch.

"You wanna do something today?" she asked after I'd sat down.

"Sure, Ali too?" I replied. Kathy looked from the tv to Ali in the kitchen, then back to the tv.

"I doubt she'll get off the phone, she hasn't talked to Rick for a full day," Kathy said as she looked at me, then rolled her eyes. I chuckled.

"Okay, what do you want to do?" I asked, taking a bite of my sandwich.

"Let's get mani-pedis, then tan on the beach," Kathy suggested.

"I'm good with that," I said and we sat in silence as I finished my sandwich, Kathy looking intently at the tv as if it had just announced a way to succeed with world peace.

When I finished eating we got in my car and drove to a nail salon, and my nails were painted a pretty light orange.

I was lucky to not run into Cody again the rest of the day, especially at the beach since I was only in a bikini. I told Brett I couldn't see him that day, and he was semi okay with it.

I told Kathy everything, from Brett cheating to the incident with Cody to how Brett had proposed. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I had to tell someone. She listened and didn't judge me at all. I could never ask for a better friend.

*********

Author's Note: It's short...I know...*hangs head in shame.* I didn't really know where to go that much with this chapter, and if I uploaded more than this, it would end up getting sssuuupppeeerrrrrr long....and I wanted to save the upcoming events for the next chapter(; okay. truth be told. I have no clue what's going to happen in about the next three weeks of Beth's life. I'm just gonna go on spur of the moment decisions now.

<3 you guys!! Thanks for reading!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 136 25
What happens when one fun night turns into one mistake that turns into a huge responsibility? Lillian Jackson is only a 16 year old who had everythin...
386K 9.3K 36
A naive teenage girl gets pregnant by the school player when he convinces her to come over and 'study'. Will he stay the player and leave her or beco...
183 20 16
Does love at first sight lasts forever..? Join me in this journey of Celina finding her one true love Enjoy! Cheers!!! 🥰 #19 revelations (17 feb 202...
1.5K 161 18
"We were just kids in love." Nicole is an outgoing senior in high school, hoping to make this year her best yet. She is the new girl in town and is l...