In Debt To The Devil

By ElysianHer

"Why-why is he here?" I asked slightly feeling panicked. "Your father, Step- father owes me money. 36 million... More

Author's Note
Playlist
Prologue:
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Epilogue
SEQUEL
Part two

Chapter 1

3.5K 58 2
By ElysianHer

"You did what?!" Bill shouted at Caleb. Bill and Caleb were currently in his office. Caleb was sitting in the chair opposite the chair; Bill ran his company in quite calmly but, at the moment it wasn't like that. Bill was a calm and composed guy. This conversation and information he just heard was extremely hard for him. Bill was now standing in front of Caleb and shouting at him. Caleb was looking down at the file that caused Bill to shout the way he did.

"Do you know how dangerous this deal is? This could cause the company to fall. Jobs lost because of you, our family on the streets on the run for not paying these people back. I asked you to do one simple thing and you did this." Bill said angrily as he pointed at the file in front of the brothers.

"Everything Grandpa, Dad and the two of us worked for is going to be destroyed Caleb." Bill said as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"We needed money, he had it. I asked for a loan and then we faced loss in the fabric department. I asked for more money to help in solving the problem but, then we shut down few of our tyre factories and that caused more loss." Caleb answered bill.

"What about the private money you owe him?" Bill asked.

"Some of that is yours too Bill." Caleb answered.

"You were supposed to shut down the debts you went ahead and made it into a full blown debt." Bill shouted once more.

"What did want me to do? The banks won't give us that much money and with our---" Caleb said.

"Your. Your Addiction." Bill stated.

"I had to ask him." Caleb said as he looked at his brother.

"Do you know how much loss we will have trying to pay back 30 million pounds back?" Bill asked Caleb.

Just as Caleb was about to answer there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Bill said as he stood by his chair.

Andrew walked in.

"Gentlemen. What was the business we were to discuss?" he asked the brothers.

"We didn't have business." Bill answered confused.

"I called him." Caleb said as he got up to shake hands with Andrew.

"Caleb told me your company was facing some financial issues and that my help would be necessary." Andrew said as he took the seat beside Caleb. Bill was sitting in front of them.

Bill exhaled. "We owe 30 million pounds to the devil himself." Bill said as he looked Andrew.

"I own mere 6 million pounds." Andrew stated.

"Andrew that is how much your net worth is." Caleb said.

"No I own 2.5 million worth assets outside my company." Andrew said.

"Andrew, I can't ask you to give your company up for my sake." Bill said.

"Reading the file here I think if I do need to help I will have to offer this. If I give my company up I will have no job." Andrew said as he looked at the file.

"You will not have anything." Bill stated.

"Bill. You are part of the family I once had. I share my two children with you. They still benefit from your success. Their own businesses are under your care. You are one of their main investors. They wanted it under mine but, I told them it would be better if they take your help. They will get more success than being paired up with me and they are. They would have had one third the net worth they have now if I was working with them. Their companies would be in trouble if I don't help in your debt." Andrew said.

"But..."

"Bill, I have other friends you can give me a mere 2-3 millions. But, it won't be enough. We will have to ask for more time." Andrew said.

"I can have a meeting set up with him a few days." Caleb finally spoke up.

"Okay. How does that sound Bill?" Andrew asked.

"Good. I still feel bad about taking your company Andrew. I don't think we should take the 2-3 millions we are in enough debt already. Also, I do think it should be fair that I give you the senior vice president position in our kitchen appliance department Andrew." Bill said.

"That can be arranged easily too. Gabe is just sitting in our office cheating on his wife and slacking and we have been finding a replacement for a long time." Caleb said.

"A department where I fit in. This department will be home away from home. I like it working on something I run a company in. I will take the job Bill." Andrew said.

"Thank you partner." Bill said as they got up and hugged each other.

That evening Andrew and Bill went to eat dinner with the rest of the family and they made sure that no one heard a word about their debt to the devil.

In the next two days they were back in their office. It was late and the entire day the three men had been preparing the deal to make to the devil. It was 10:30 and everyone had gone home. The two men sat at the desk and waited for the Caleb to come up with the devil. They were doing last minute reading at the deal to make sure they made no mistake in the deal.

"Right this way." Caleb said as he entered the office. The two men got up and buttoned their suits to welcome the devil. He was accompanied with his bodyguard. The devil ignored the men who had put their hands out to shake it and walked over behind the desk and sat in the big chair.

"Do you have my money?" he spoke.

"We have a deal. That we would like to propose about the debt." Bill said.

"I came here for money." He said.

"We have 6 million pounds at our disposal at the time and we are ready to give that to you." Andrew said.

"You owe me 30 million." He said as he lounged back on the chair.

"We have a plan to give back the money." Andrew said as he handed the file over to the devil.

The devil looked at the file as the two men sat in front of him. Caleb was standing behind the two of them in front of them as well.

"This seems decent not great and trustworthy from the two of you." The devil said as he looked at the two brothers, "You did forget one thing though. The money you owe me is not only the 30 million but, interest too. If that is all added up it will be 36 million. And you will have four months to repay all of it back."

"With our markets and to build up all this money it will at least take a year." Caleb said.

"You took my money Townsend. I want it back." The devil said as he slid the file back to the three men.

"Want if I give you the 8.5 million as the start of the debt?" Andrew said.

"Andrew! What are you doing? You will have no money or asset with you." Bill whispered.

"This is for the kids." Andrew whispered back.

"Five months and more meetings for few details to the deal to change according to the way I want it to be." The devil said.

"Could we get a moment?" Bill asked. The devil nodded and the three men walked over to corner of the room and discussed the deal they were offered.

"We could try to do it." Andrew said.

"You just gave up everything Andrew and I know that included that included your house and car." Bill said.

"I will think of something." Andrew said.

"That can be discussed later on. But, I think the fact he gave us one more month is a good thing. He may be even more lenient about the deal he wants to discuss." Caleb said.

"I think that is a good idea." Andrew said.

"Fine. I agree." Bill said. The three of men walked back and faced the devil. He rose an eyebrow at them.

"We will take the five-month deal." Bill said.

"Good. I will set up another meeting and there you can sign the contract. The meeting will be held tomorrow at the same time. Can't stay in New York for long. Need to go back to London." The devil said as he buttoned his suit and walked out.

Soon the deal was made. Although what the three men didn't know that the devil had also added a plan to get leverage. If the money is not paid on time he will get a chance to change the contract. The family was a little shocked to know that Andrew was going to stay with them and that he had sold his business and assets to a business partner that was still kept under wraps. The three men kept quiet about their Debt to the Devil. They all were slogging day and night to pay off the annual payments. They were able to pay the first two months. The third month came out and the date to pay the money was two days away and the three men didn't even have one third of the money with them. The devil had come down every month at the deadline to pay the money. He had already come in two days early and was at the moment sitting at the café awaiting a man who worked for him.

"Sir." Luis said as he took a seat opposite the devil.

"Do they have it?" he asked.

"They don't even one third and the other people they are asking are refusing them." Luis answered as he slid the file of the accounts to the devil.

He opened it and read it over.

"This will be all." He said as he closed the file and walked out the café towards his car. He took out his phone.

"Cal bring out the leverage deal I made for the Townsends." He said as he got in the car and cut the phone.

He walked into the Townsend's office and went straight to the chair. The three men were not even ready.

"Should we start the meeting gentlemen?" He asked the men.

"We don't have enough money to pay off your debt." Bill said.

"Now, that is a problem isn't it?" he asked sarcastically.

The men kept quiet and looked at each other.

"We only have 8.5 to offer you." Andrew spoke up.

"That is not even one third of the money you owe me." The devil said.

"We know but we will pay you back if we have more time." Bill said.

"If I do give you more time but, what leverage will you give me?" The devil asked.

"Leverage?" Andrew asked.

"Well, you see the contract I made I had made sure that I covered what will happen if this does happen. You wanting more time and me wanting my money. You will continuously ask for more time. So I decided that I will take an asset extremely important to you. That included selling some of your departments to me but, the small departments that aren't doing so well will be troublesome to furnish and make profitable. More work on me. But, I also added things like your house as an assets, expensive jewellery, family members, cars, off shore offices." The devil said.

"What did you say before cars?" Andrew asked.

"Expensive jewellery." He answered as he shrugged.

"No after that." Bill said as gulped.

"Ah. Family members. That one did appeal to me." The devil said with a smirk on his face.

"What do you mean?" Bill asked as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Your family members especially Andrew's daughter and you step- daughter Bill." The devil said.

"You will be never her!" Andrew shouted as he slammed his hands down on the desk.

"The offer is her hand in marriage or the entire company." The devil said.

"We will never give our daughter up you creep." Bill said.

"Entire company and assets included it is then." The devil said as he stands up, "Such a shame. The Townsends homeless and bankrupt. They all also drag Andrew Martin down. Great headline." He said as he buttoned his shirt and began walking to door.

"Wait! How many days do we have to get over this deal?" Bill asked.

"Two days." He said as he walked out.

The devil had never seen the girl before but, he had heard that she was Townsend's step- daughter. His legal advisor and business partner Austin had found out all the details before he made the five-month deal with the three men. Austin had suggested an evil deal in case they don't pay the money one time. The deal would cause him to inherit her inheritance in Andrew's company and Bill's. But, lucky for him he owned Andrew's entire company. This would cause the men to pay off the debt they owed him and he earning more money and gaining more assets through marriage. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 1.6K 30
DARK ROMANCE - A dark game forces Zee, a reckless young woman into contacting the guy who took her virginity and begging him to marry her, but she ne...
20.5K 571 36
" I lunge forward at him hitting his groin with my knee then right between the eyes. As soon as I do, he crashes to the ground, out cold. I go for mo...
7.1K 389 25
Suddenly I turned around. And I shouted loudly. Mr. Devil is standing there staring at me and narrowing his eyebrows. What the hell he is doing. I'...
437K 13.1K 30
My life was simple and easy. A bit lonely but I liked it. It wasn't until I literally crashed into the one who would change my life forever. My world...