Adjectives ~ REGULUS BLACK

By cardanshoe

"I'll always love you, till the end of time" "Till the end of time" STARTED -5/1/21 COMPLETED - HIGHEST RANKI... More

Characters
Disclaimers
Summary
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
Authors note (a small thank you)
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57

44

1.1K 28 4
By cardanshoe

Regulus, Evan and Leo were getting ready for the dinner at the Potters today and to say that Regulus was anxious was understatement, the boy was shaking and he couldn't even hold the glass of water Kreacher had brought him without spilling it down on the carpet.

Evan and Leo were laughing at him but not only at his nervous state but also of what he told them he said to Delilah before they were rudely interrupted when the two had come into the room abruptly.

"You told her that one of the best days in your life would be the day you marry her and now not even five days later you are going on a family dinner to meet her fucking parents, let's not mention that the day after tomorrow is your anniversary. Your one-year anniversary," said Leo as he covered his mouth with his hand before he could burst out laughing.

"Look, I didn't know what I was saying, my mind was not in the right state-"

"Did you mean it though?" Evan asked as he smirked when Regulus was unable to provide a response except a blank red face. "Exactly, you are whipped mate, admit it."

"I thought that was already fucking obvious, if Delilah told him anything he would do it in a heartbeat." Teased Leo and Regulus crossed him arms over his chest.

"That's definitely not a bad thing!" He defended himself and Leo shrugged his shoulders. "Never said it was, it's just proof that Delilah has you wrapped around her finger and I bet you enjoy every second of it."

"I do enjoy every second of it, she is like that exciting thing I needed in my life after so much dullness and she is such a fucking tease all the time but she also has that nerdy, more bookworm innocent side that drives me fucking crazy, fucking crazy. "

"Whipped," whispered Evan, though both the other boys were able to hear him and Leo laughed under his breath as Regulus gave him a fake smile and raised his middle finger, flipping him off.

In the Potter manor Delilah was lecturing her family making sure they didn't make the boys uncomfortable with their 'jokes' or any weird questions.

"I want nothing that has to do with the order or the war to be talked about, they are not proud of it and bringing it up is fucking pathetic. No questions about their families, I swear to merlin if you ask anything about that I'm not talking to you anymore," she said, glaring at them harshly and even Fleamont and Euphemia found themselves pressing their backs at the back of the couch a little bit more, sitting up straighter.

"Third, no threats and I mean that, if I hear any of you uttering any words that could be considered a threat, we are going to have a big fight once they leave, they have been nothing but kind friends and have been there for me when I needed them. I don't care about your personal issues with them nor your prejudices against Slytherin! If you have nothing else to say to them then I would prefer you to shut your mouth up, though I beg you to at least give them a chance, they are amazing people once you get to know them," she looked at them expectantly as she stopped pacing and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Don't worry honey, we will make sure the boys feel as welcomed as possible," said Euphemia and Delilah nodded as she looked at her father to see if he had anything to say.

"I want to speak to Regulus privately but nothing about the order or the war. I just making sure that he treats you right and I have some questions for him but I promise you, sweetheart, nothing that will make him uncomfortable," Fleamont promised and Delilah nodded as she looked at the boys with a pleading look.

"I told you I have nothing against you dating him as long as he treats you right. Also, I want to talk to him too but I swear, I won't make him uncomfortable, just want to see his intentions," said James and Delilah nodded, glad that he understood how important this is to her.

"I'll try to talk to Leo, you said that he liked muggle books, right?" Asked Remus and Delilah smiled at the fact that he was putting so much effort for this, typical Remus.

"And yeah, I will behave. I know them so maybe I could strike a conversation with them without creating any unwanted tension," added Sirius and Delilah run to hug them all, happy that they put whatever idiotic grudge they had behind at least for tonight.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm going to go get ready, they will be here around seven." She shouted as she run upstairs hundred ideas running through her mind for what she was going to wear.

"She is awfully happy about this dinner," James said as he heard his sister's door open and close with a slam, which he could only imagine was from the excitement.

"I'm glad she has found someone she can have a serious relationship with, I would prefer having conversation with her about Regulus than gossiping about all the drama that's going on at Hogwarts. Honestly, your school is worse than those awful muggle shows the television has," said Euphemia, murmuring the last part.

"Okey lads, up to get ready! Your clothes are ironed and on top of your beds, hurry up because we need help with preparing the table." Instructed Fleamont and the boys got up without another word, going upstairs to get ready.

Delilah up in her room was going through her closet, the dresses were either too casual or so sparkly that would be only fitted for a ball. After at least thirty minutes of throwing clothes all over her bed and not finding a single thing to wear, she collapsed on top of her bed, stuffing her face on her pillow and letting out a scream of frustration. She had a walk-in closet full of clothes and she couldn't even find one that she liked.

A knock on the door made her lift her head and she caught the eyes of Remus watching her curiously with an eyebrow raised and an amused expression resting on his scarred face. He walked over to her bed and sat at the corner of it, watching her letting out heavy breaths of frustration.

"Why are you screaming in your pillow?" He asked, his lips quirking up as he clearly found this situation very entertaining, "and why are there at least thirty clothes all over your room?"

He picked up a bra that had mickey mouse all over it and chuckled asked Delilah leaped over to get it, snatching it out of his hand.

"What do you want?" She asked, glaring slightly at him, her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"Well, I was going to help you pick something to wear but since you don't need my help, then fine," he said pretending to be ignorant over the situation as he went to get up but she snatched his hand making him seat back down.

A slight smirk formed on his face as she sighed and nodded her head, "fine, I guess I could use your help."

Almost an hour later everyone in the Potter household was ready and expecting the three boys to arrive in a few minutes or so, according to the last owl Delilah received from Regulus. 

Even though Delilah could admit she was pretty nervous, nothing could compare to how nervous Sirius seemed to be. Delilah tried to talk to him multiply times but it didn't seem like he was willing to have a conversation with her. 

After many pointless tries, Delilah told Remus about the situation and the werewolf was quick to go find his boyfriend to make sure he was alright.

Meanwhile James and Delilah were talking while setting the table about possible topics of conversation they could discuss in case there is any awkward silence while eating or later for the tea.

"You could always talk to him about quidditch, he was supposed to be captain this year but with everything going on he preferred to just stay with his normal responsibilities as a student," she said, providing ideas and hoping her brother would accept them but he didn't seem to be focused on that part.

"Refused? Much like you refused the role of Headgirl? And prefect?" He asked pointedly, putting together most of the pieces in the complicated puzzle that is his sister's relationship with Regulus Black. 

"He has nothing to do with that, but we are in the middle of a war and our families, both his and mine, are pretty popular amongst both ranks. I don't think our family would appreciate having all this attention on top us with our name also very high ranked in the ministry and the order," explained Delilah, her face void from any emotion as she kept glancing at the living room making sure their parents didn't hear them.

"Don't you think I would want to be Headgirl? It's an honour to be elected but it's not that easy anymore, not with everything going on," she whispered and he nodded as they placed the last of the utensils on the table and Delilah placed some candles with some simple Christmas decorations on to as well.

"Yeah, I get it, I just think it's kind of unfair, to both of you," said James and Delilah shrugged her shoulders. 

"That's just life, James. We can't have everything."

A knock from the door stopped their conversation as Delilah's eyes widened and she ran towards the door, her mum and dad where already there waiting for her to open the door since the boys were her guests. Taking a deep breath, she opened the door she smiled brightly at the sight of the boys standing there with hesitant smiles on their faces.

"Come in, don't stand outside in the cold," she urged them and they slowly walked inside, taking in the familiar, cosy feeling of the Potter Manor. The boys didn't expect to find the marauders (except peter) and her mother standing a bit farther away from the door smiling slightly at them and welcoming them to their house.

James, Sirius and Remus took the boys' jackets and placed them on the living room as each one of the boys pulled out a bag and handed them to Euphemia. 

"It's some small presents for the house, along with biscuits and wine. We didn't know what else to bring so we hope this would make up for you inviting us for dinner," said Evan, his playful smile was gone from his face and was replaced with a sincere, grateful one.

Euphemia took the bags and smiled warmly at the boys pulling them each one for a small hug. "You didn't have to, it's a pleasure to have you here. How about you all go sit in the dining room? The food will be served in a few minutes," said Euphemia as she pulled away from them and made her way to her kitchen.

Leo and Evan left first leaving some time for the couple to spent alone. The moment they couldn't see them anymore Regulus pulled Delilah in a hug, holding her tight against his chest as she buried her face in his neck absorbing his familiar scent. He pulled away as he gently kissed her lips once, out of respect, since her parents were literally a room away.

"How have you been?" Asked Delilah when they pulled away as she grasped his hand and kissed it slightly making him smile as he kissed her cheek.

"Now with you here, never better, " he grinned cheekily and she smiled brightly as she took his hand and led him towards the living room.

Fleamont had just finished shaking Leo's hand with a smile on his face when he heard footsteps approaching the living room and he saw his daughter walk in, her hand intertwined with Regulus'. He stepped forward and put his hand out for a handshake, introducing himself. Regulus didn't hesitate to grasp his hand giving it firm shake.

"I'm Regulus Black, sir. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Fleamont nodded his head and reached forwards wrapping Regulus in a hug for some seconds before pulling back and smiling at him, "I hope you treat my daughter well, right Regulus?" He asked jokingly and Delilah stepped forwards squeezing Regulus' hand and looking up at him happily.

"The best," she whispered as she kissed his cheek and ushered the boys to the dining room quickly. What she didn't expect was Sirius already sitting in one of the chairs in the table with James beside him as they both drunk wine together. 

Upon hearing the footsteps both the boys got up from their seats and looked towards the entrance of the room. Delilah was giving the two adults the look that said, "behave or else I will strangle you."

Regulus was the first one that stepped forward and extended his hand out to his brother for a handshake. Sirius rolled his eyes and his lips twitched upwards as he neared his brother and wrapped his arms around him. Regulus' eyes widened at the sudden contact and his body stiffened but he circled his arms around his brother's shoulders, accepting the hug.

Delilah and James exchanged a look and softly smiles at the reunion of the two brothers. James walked towards Leo and Evan and introduced himself to them first, leaving the brothers to catch up a bit before he started to question Regulus.

"Leonard Nott but I just go by Leo," said Leo as he accepted James' hand. "That's Evan," he introduced Evan, who followed Leo's example and shook James' hand.

"Take a seat boys, I'll go help mum," Delilah said as she shooed them all towards the table. "Sirius, James, I trust you will keep them entertained," she said in a warning tone, making the boys nod their heads and taking a seat as she disappeared from their sight.

An awkward silence hang in the air as all the boys preoccupied themselves by sipping their drinks or looking around the house. The silence broke a certain werewolf who walked into the dining room with a broad smile on his face as she greeted the guests warmly, taking his seat beside Sirius and opposite from Leo.

Remus quickly pulled out the book Delilah told him she had given Leo to read and pretended to skim through it seeing as Leo's eyes stayed on the book and his eyes widened as he eventually recognised it. The two boys quickly engaged in a conversation about the book, blocking put the others that were looking at them weirdly.

Sirius shifted uncomfortably in his seat as he could feel Regulus' eyes on him. Remus elbowed his boyfriend to his stomach and gestured towards Regulus, urging him to engage in some sort of conversation. Sirius looked at James for help and raised his eyebrows as he saw him skimming through quidditch section of the Daily Prophet with Evan as they talked about the last match between Puddlemere and Holyhead Harpies.

Having no other choice, he turns to his brother who was looking at him emotionlessly, even though their greeting was kind of heart-warming, it seemed like both the brothers could not keep their bond going strong for more than a few minutes.

Luckily for them Euphemia and Fleamont had decided to walk into the room and take their seats at the heads of the table while Delilah had her moms' wand in her hand and was setting the food on the table.

Unlike what Delilah expected, conversations flooded easily around the table. Leo and Remus resumed their chat about the book, while James and Evan were deeply invested into a quidditch magazine James had picked up.

Regulus was talking with her parents about school and Delilah looked proudly at him, happy to see him lively interacting with them. His hand was resting on her knee, drawing heart-shapes once in a while making a blush crept up in her cheeks as she looked at him lovingly. 

She tried to involve herself in most of the conversations going on, not entertain herself but more to make sure the boys were comfortable and were having fun.

The talk of school past fairly easily, her parents asked the most common question, favourite subject or which is the best teacher and other easy ones like that. She saw the Evan let out a relieved sigh as they realised that they wouldn't ask about what they want to do in the future and Delilah thanked Merlin that she had remembered to tell her family to stray clear from the subject.

She was definitely surprised to see James and Regulus talking quietly to each other, the quidditch magazine now being replaced with a fashion magazine as James pointed something to Regulus who nodded at him and probably agreed, at least that's what seemed like it.

"How about all of you go to the living room and I bring the dessert and some tea? James and Delilah come with me to help." 

The moment her mother said that Delilah knew that her and her dad what planned something and was indeed proven right when she saw her dad walking towards Regulus and asking him to have a word while Remus and Sirius showed Evan and Leo were the living room was.

Delilah followed her mother as they entered the kitchen and she walked towards the oven, turning it on and putting the kettle on top to warm some water. Her eyes drifted towards the window, where she could see her dad speaking with Regulus. She could understand that what they were talking about was serious as both of their faces didn't show any kind of emotion. 

Her eyes widened as she saw Sirius also walk outside, waiting for Fleamont and Regulus to finish their conversation. After Regulus and her dad shook hands, Regulus noticed Sirius, who beckoned him to follow him inside the house. Delilah sighed as she heard their footsteps going up the stairs. 

"I knew this dinner was going to be a disaster," she mumbled as she turned to the kettle and watched as the water started to boil.

AN

I know this chapter is a little too late but with exams and work it's been difficult for me to keep up with writing, I'll try to update as much as possible though!

I hope you all are doing amazing and have the best of the best holidays!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.8K 1.7K 7
***COMPLETED*** "It doesn't matter what they say," she continued. "Because I want to make this work." "Please let me kiss you."
28.7K 588 14
"๐˜๐˜ง ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ง๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜บ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฆ, ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ๐˜ด, ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ." ***** ๐ŸŒธ๐Œ๐š๐ซ๐š๐ฎ๐๏ฟฝ...
1.3M 37.6K 45
Marauders Era, Enemies to lovers, LONG and painful. "Is there another life? Shall I awake and find all this a dream? There must be, we cannot be cre...
756K 35.1K 113
in which the war truly begins with a single word "better luck next time" โœงโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โœง part two of two all rankings are listened on part one