Madagascar

Af KappaTurtleGirl

A group of animals who have spent all their life in a New York zoo end up in the jungles of Madagascar, and m... Mere

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Changes in the remake

Chapter 19

300 5 0
Af KappaTurtleGirl

As the herd ran up to the site of the plane crash, Misty was amazed to see that the redesigned plane was almost complete but work on it had stopped. The monkeys were rolling around in a big mob in front of the plane holding up picket signs and reading UNFAIR TO PRIMATES and THE WORLD ISN'T BLACK AND WHITE. The chimps were on strike.

Mason: The plane won't be fixed until the suits meet our demands. Now, maternity leave.

Skipper: Maternity leave? You're all males.

Marty pushed his way though the angry monkeys and found the penguins Skipper and Kowalski seated at a table across from the chimps Mason and Phil. He hurried over to the table.

Misty: What's going on?

Marty: Look! We need that plane for a rescue mission.

Misty: Alex is in big trouble.

Skipper: Well, there's nothing I can do until we bust up this union.

Gloria slammed her fists on the table.

Gloria: I'm gonna get the bust up all of you if you don't get this plane going.

Skipper: Can't you see these commies have my hands tied here? No maternity leave.

Mason: Maybe a certain someone wouldn't want these blowing around on the savanna?

Mason pulled out a slim manila envelope. He slid it across the table to Skipper. Skipper opened it and removed a few photos. The photos showed him kissing the dancing hula doll. Skipper blushed. And everyone around the table looked down embarrassed. Misty isn't. She took the photos to hide the proof.

Skipper: All right. You get your maternity leave.

Marty: Finally.

The chimps all cheered and scrambled over to the plane quickly banging it into shape. Marty and the others smiled. They'd be done in no time.

Misty: I'll go scout ahead. Take Jewel.

She handed Jewel to them as she sprinted across the savanna ready to save Alex.

The people placed Alex on a split over a lit fire pit. Alex recognized the people now as the tourists Nana had been with in the truck. They looked very hungry. 

Alex: Where we headed? What's going on? Where are we going? Oh, no! Please! Don't put me there! No! This is wrong.

Nana: You see? You are survivors. Now, how about a nice lion casserole?

Cameraman: You can't eat a lion.

Nana: Don't worry, it tastes like chicken.

Alex: No, no, no. Don't listen to her. She's out of her mind, people! I'm from New York City too! It's me, Alex the lion! From Central Park!

Suddenly, a deep growl bellowed the camp. Zuba charged toward the campfire roaring, with a powerful leap he knocked Alex away from harm. Screaming tourists surrounded Alex and Zuba.

Alex: Dad!

Zuba clawed the vines binding Alex to free him.

Zuba: What were you thinking, son? You got no business being out here!

Zuba dropped down in a fighting stance.

Zuba: This is it. I want you to stay behind me.

Alex: No, Dad. They're New Yorkers. They're just rude and frightened people.

Extending his claws, Zuba prepared to pounce. Wide eyed, Alex took in a whole situation. His father was about to fight armed people and it was going to be bloody.

Cameraman: Stay back!

Nana: You'd let your dinner get away?

Suddenly, the human aimed his gun at Zuba as he looked in fear. Suddenly,  Misty sprinted into action and weakly roared at the tourists. Her roar was no more than faint. The tourists gasped.

Tourists: A tiger? In the middle of the jungle? How did she got here?

She struck a dramatic pose and started to cover her face with many expressions.

Zuba: What are you doing, Mist?

Misty: The only thing I know how to do. Come Alex, join me.

Alex seemed as he started to join her. He then started to dance along with her.

Man: What the heck?

The tourists froze in place, dumbfounded.

Cameraman: Hey, I know those moves. Alex?

As Alex continued to dance, the tourists lowered their spears.

Woman: It's Alex the lion!

Man: From Central Park!

Man 2: It is Alex!

Man 3: Only one lion can move like that!

Cameraman: He's beautiful.

Zuba: I can't believe it.

Misty then got her hoops up and jumped onto a nearby vine with her tail. She swirled her hoops around like an athlete and started to twirl around.

Man: How does she do that?

Misty then urged Zuba to come along. Zuba stared at his son stunned with pride. He started to bob to Alex's rhythm and before he knew it, he was dancing too!

Alex: Dad, what are you doing?

Zuba: I'm dancing with my son! I think.

Zuba hopped into the dance beside Alex. He wasn't an experienced dancer, but he was surprisingly well. Then Alex jumped into the air fluttering his paws above his head.

Alex: Don't think, Dad. Feel! Butterfly!

Zuba: I'm feeling it! I'm feeling it!

Zuba followed Alex's lead and they spun together in front of the savage tourists. Then they leaped up together and landed with a final flourish, dropping into Alex's famous final pose. Together they let out a roar.

Both: Roar!

Still grinning, Misty jumped back down to the ground. Loving the attention, Alex couldn't stop smiling. The tourists begin to drop their weapons. But then Misty saw Nana holding up a gun.

Nana: That was beautiful. Now let's eat!

Alex: Dad, look out!

In an instant before Nana charged the two lions and tigress, a big metal barrel dropped down in front of her. Alex gaped at the barrel dangling in the air in front of him and as Misty looked up she could see that it was held in place by a long chain of linked chimpanzees, who were hanging out on precedence propeller plane hovering above the camp. The crowd gasped, shocked by the airplane's arrival.

Zuba: What the...

Marty: Alex! Get in!

Alex: She's got a gun! Get out while we can!

Marty: What?

Alex: She's got a gun! Get out while we can! Pass it on!

The monkeys squeak to each other before Mason answered.

Mason: He said let's have some fun and take out the dam. Basset hound.

Marty: Skipper! I think Alex wants to take out the dam.

Skipper: All right! But it's his funeral.

Marty: What?

Skipper: Hard to port!

Gloria: Aye-aye, Skippy!

Melman: Bring it on! Bring it on!

Alex, Zuba and Misty leaped onto the barrel. The chimps strained to hold on, peering down at the lions and tiger. The plane's propeller roared louder as it lifted them above the camp. Nana had moved to the top of the dam and waved her arms in fury.

Nana: Come back! That's my dinner!

The plane swung around in the sky turning toward the dam.

Skipper: Kowalski, full throttle. Music!

Rico pulled a lever on the dashboard. Back in the fuselage, a bunch of bananas dropped in front of dozens of chimps who were straining to turn the cranks that powered the plane's propeller. When they saw the bananas the chimps cranked faster and the plane zoomed the dam. Private then turned on the music button.

Private: I like this song.

Kowalski: It never gets old.

Skipper: It does have a catchy hook. Come about! Bring her in low! Hold onto your skirts! It's dam-busting time!

Gloria: Hold on tight, baby! Here we go!

Peeking over the edge of the barrel Misty saw that they were swinging directly toward the dam's giant logs. Her eyes popped wide.

Misty: Tell them no! Pull up! They'll kill us! There's got to be another way! Pass it on!

The message zipped chimp to chimp up the chain. At the top, Mason once again translated.

Mason: They say no pull up. Kill us. There's no other way. Basset hound.

Marty: Are you sure?

Skipper: Men, there is no sacrifice greater than someone else's. Ramming speed!

The big metal barrel plowed right through the logs on top of the dam, splintering some and knocking the others loose.

Nana: Bring it on! Bad kitties.

Ka BOOM!

All along its length the dam rumbled and then crumbled toppling down. Gushes of water spewed over the falling logs.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

70K 1.1K 16
You are an Albino Tiger (or whichever animal you would like to be. You are apart of Alex's friend group and happen to stumble across a train while es...
22K 288 9
This is a story where 5 animals Alex (the Lion) Marty (the Zebra) Gloria (the Hippo) Melman (the Giraffe) And a new character Lexis (the lioness) who...
1.6K 27 13
Madison had a good life at the Central Park Zoo, but when she and the penguins decided to leave the zoo, things didn't go according to plan and now s...
1.1K 36 3
The gang find a way to escape from Madagascar when the penguins reassemble a wrecked airplane. The precariously repaired craft stays airborne just lo...