The Headmaster's Errand Boy (...

By NoOneToRemember123

As Yang attends her first year at Beacon Academy, she runs into an old friend. However, he does not seem to b... More

Character Introduction
Prologue: Meeting for the First Time
Ch 1: Reunion
Ch 2: Getting Situated
Ch 3: The Coming Storm
Ch 4: Echoes of the Past
Ch 5: Recovering
Ch 6: No Rest for the Weary
Ch 7: Peace for Now
Ch 8: Training for the Festival
Ch 9: Immature Adults
Ch 10: End of the Tournament
Ch 11: Field Trip
Ch 12: Calm Before the Storm
Ch 13: Battle of Beacon 1
Ch 14: Battle of Beacon 2
Ch 14.25: Cleanup 1
Ch 14.5: Cleanup 2
Ch 14.75: Cleanup 3
Ch 15: Battle of Beacon Aftermath
Ch 16: Finally Letting it Out
Ch 17: Getting Back to Normal
Ch 18: Return
Ch 19: Two Birds With One Stone
Ch 20: Finishing Cleanup
Ch 21: Holidays Off
Ch 22: The Game Resumes
Ch 23: Cowards are Never Trustworthy
Ch 24: Summer Vacation
Ch 25: Power
Ch 27: Faces New and Old
Ch 28: Heartwarming Family Reunion
Ch 29: Back to Class
Ch 30: Downtime
Ch 31: Ready to Settle the Score
Ch 32: Might Makes Right
Ch 33: Retaliation
Ch 34: Nightmares Revealed
Ch 35: Chasing the Bird
Ch 36: Tying Up Loose Ends
Ch 37: Final Preparations
Ch 38: Last Goodbyes
Ch 39: The Strike Against Salem
Ch 40: Dark Mirror
Ch 41: Broken Promises
Ch 42: Peace at Last
Epilogue: Happy Family
Author's Note
Dark Mirror Ch 1: Fracture
Dark Mirror Ch 2: Doomsday
Dark Mirror Ch 3: The Enemy of My Enemy
Dark Mirror Ch 3.5: The Final Confrontation
Dark Mirror Ending 1
Dark Mirror Ending 2

Ch 26: New War Brewing

1K 18 1
By NoOneToRemember123

Yang's Pov

I was walking down a path through a forest. I had my gauntlet, but I wasn't wearing my combat clothes. I kept going and saw a house in a clearing, sort of like mine but clearly different. I also noticed something that should have surprised me more. I had a ring on my hand. For some reason it didn't seem weird to me. I went inside and a little girl with cat ears hugged me. 

Then I woke up and saw Y/N holding on to me tight. It looked like he'd had a nightmare and then clung to me like I did to him. I wondered what I saw in my dream. Probably just some weird old memories came up at random or something. I hoped it was more, but Y/N was starting to rub off on me and make me rationalize everything. 

I tugged his ear a bit and he purred and tightened his grip. I hugged him back. I hoped he was at least having a better dream now. He was smiling faintly, so I guess he was. I kissed him on the forehead and leaned him against my chest. Maybe some parts of that dream were real. 

Eventually the sun came up more and he started to stir. I felt kinda disappointed when I saw the smile disappear from his face. I hated that he never smiled when he was awake. I wondered if it actually took effort for him to not frown from how long he'd been so serious.

Y/N: "Oh, sorry." He noticed how tight he was holding onto me.

Yang: "No, don't let go. I like it." We kissed for a while and cuddled until he decided to get up. He started to get changed.

Y/N: "Is it even worth asking you to look away?"

Yang: "Nope!" I sat there and just enjoyed the show.

Timeskip

Y/N's Pov

I went out alone. I had to ask Junior if he knew anything. I still had my little arrangement with him and figured he might have something. I got to the door and presented my license, then headed to the bar and he saw me.

Junior: "Before you even ask, no, I don't know anything."

Y/N: "Alright then. If you do, you know where to find me."

Junior: "Is that..?" He was looking at the gauntlet on my right arm.

Y/N: "Oh, don't worry about her. She's got better things to do now than tear up some random bar."

Junior: "Well, then I guess I owe you. You wouldn't believe the money she used to cost me before she won the tournament and the whole city got torn up."

Y/N: "I can only imagine." I got up and left.

Timeskip

I headed back to the house. I had told Yang I just needed to check something. When I got back she was playing video games with Ruby.

Ruby: "Oh hey, can you please beat Yang for me?"

Y/N: "I'm not good at video games."

Ruby: "Can you please try?"

Y/N: "Fine." I sat down and learned the controls. I quickly picked up the mechanics, especially the mid-air combos. I fought Yang and beat her a few times, then she adapted and beat me, and we went back and forth. Yang was screaming the whole time, while I was silent.

Ruby: "See Yang? You aren't the best at this."

Yang: "I still beat you. So where were you Y/N?"

Y/N: "Just checking something." They both looked at me, clearly aware I was doing more than I say. "Don't worry about it. I would tell you if it was something."

Yang: "Whatever! I wanna just keep at this. We can focus on Torchwick when the year starts." I just sat down next to her and let her lay on me while she kept playing with Ruby for the rest of the day.

No Pov

Torchwick was still in hiding. He and Neo were going to stay out of sight until it would be safe. The sensible thing would be to leave, but they both wanted revenge on those kids. They could bide their time until something else distracted the kids and make their move.

A long distance away, in Menagerie, a situation was quickly brewing. Adam was starting to lose the support of his people, and fast. Faster than public opinion normally changed. Somehow he was unaware of what was causing this. The decision he reached was that his father would go and investigate if someone was spreading lies under their noses. For now, he waited to find out how to regain control of the public opinion of the White Fang.

Salem was furious, and Watts was starting to get used to it. This time it hadn't even been someone getting directly in their way, it was just circumstance turning against them. Salem had apparently underestimated Cinder, seeing as she was able to get the power of the Winter Maiden, only to accidentally be killed by a Grimm because Salem had decided she was no longer worth the trouble. 

Now she had only herself to blame for this setback. She knew now that if anyone was on her side, no matter how weak they were, she needed to keep them alive. On top of that, she had lost both Emerald and Mercury, who had both proven to actually be somewhat useful. Only Hazel had escaped.

Oscar continued training with Ruby. He was getting better and had actually been able to land some solid hits.

Ruby: "Well, I think you're ready for something more." She handed him Ozpin's cane and pulled out Crescent Rose.

Yang's Pov

We were trying to help Wiess master her new power. During a weekend, we decided to have a sparring match between me, Ruby, and Blake vs. Wiess. 

Yang: "Ready to have some fun?"

Wiess: "Now I get to make fun of you. This'll be great."

She hovered into the air and started with some ice spikes at us. We all dodged or blocked, and Blake and Ruby charged at her. She was hard to hit, until we pulled the same move we tried against Y/N, having Blake throw me at the target. I got a direct hit, only for her to recover way faster then normal and pummel me in return. 

Ruby retaliated and got some good swings in. I jumped back in and Blake joined in too. Before we could get her into the red, she released a storm that put all but Blake out of commission. She got up and tried to get at her, only for Wiess to overwhelm her with ice, taking her down.

Ruby: "No fair!"

Wiess: "It was a 3 on 1. That was perfectly fair."

Ruby: "I'll never annoy you again! I swear!"

Wiess: "Relax. Let's go get some lunch or something. I'm starving."

Y/N's Pov

I was training with Amber. We were roughly equal since we knew each other so well. We were tired and sat down.

Y/N: "Think Wiess can handle it?"

Amber: "Yeah. She's getting the hang of it."

Y/N: "Good."

Amber: "So what exactly happened to Cinder?"

Y/N: "She was killed by a Grimm. I guess Salem gave up on her." She laughed.

Amber: "I bet she's losing her mind right now."

Y/N: "The school year starts in a few weeks. What are you going to do?"

Amber: "I don't know yet. Ozpin will probably have something for me to do."

Y/N: "You want to stay?"

Amber: "I would prefer to help now. I know I left before, but that changed when they almost killed me."

Y/N: "Good. We need everything we can get."

Amber: "So what's the story with you wearing your girlfriend's old gauntlet?"

Y/N: "We found her arm buried in the rubble. She didn't have any use for it, so she made me use it. I got used to it pretty quickly."

Amber: "See, I knew you two would be a cute couple."

Y/N: "You don't have to rub it in. I can still do my job."

Amber: "Yeah, but it was dumb for you to think that just because of this you couldn't have a life."

Y/N: "I'm still ready to die when the time comes."

Amber: "You better not let her hear that."

Y/N: "I'll stand alone against Salem if I have to."

Amber: "I highly doubt that you'll ever have to do that. Well, I'm going to go rest. You are tiring to fight."

Y/N: "It's tiring to use my semblance too much. Whenever the fight ends I have to stop myself from falling over from fatigue, but when I have adrenaline going I don't feel a thing."

Amber: "Maybe that's why you're so hard to beat. Anyway, catch you later."

She left, and I thought about what she said. I did love Yang, but I still held to my fight above my feelings. Amber was right, though. I couldn't let Yang realize that I was still just as willing to go out as I had ever been. And unfortunately, Amber was also probably wrong about me standing alone. If the others ever found out that Salem was immortal, I might be left alone. I had to be prepared for that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.7K 747 5
After years of distance, you finally met up with an old friend in the halls of Beacon Academy for a new adventure and new friends. Disclaimer: I do n...
87.9K 994 19
Due to a tragic incident that took place in Haven Academy, (Y/N) (L/N) was forced to move to Vale. After being recognized for his potential, he was a...
28.3K 441 20
After a number of events and conflicts occurred during your first semester in Beacon, the new semester rounds the corner as you continue your trainin...
13.6K 112 18
y/n wasn't just an ordinary student at beacon academy, he wasn't even close to being that All rights for rwby go to rooster teeth