THE NORTHERN CRUSADE

By Saptaswapal

The North has always endured. They had survived the Long Night, they had resisted the might of the Andals. Th... More

WINTER IS COMING
THE BANNERS OF WINTERFELL
MOAT CAILIN
THE FINAL PREPARATIONS
BATTLE OF GREEN FORK & WHISPERING WOODS
AFTERMATH
THE NEXT MOVE
INTERLUDE- 1
THE YOUNG WOLF STRIKES AGAIN
FALL OF THE GOLDEN TOOTH
THE KINGS OF THE SOUTH
ROBB STARK'S INVASION OF THE WESTERLANDS
INTERLUDE- 2
THE CHANGE OF TIDE- PART 1
THE CHANGE OF TIDE- PART 2: BATTLE OF BLACKWATER
THE CHANGE OF TIDE- PART 3: SIEGE OF LANNISPORT AND CASTERLY ROCK
THE CHANGE OF TIDE- PART 4
FURTHER PLANNING
INTERLUDE- 3
THE REACH CAMPAIGN
BATTLE OF OLD TOWN
YOU ARE A GREYJOY AND YOU ARE A STARK
THE SOUTHERN PRINCESS
THE END IS NEAR
THE PLAYERS (BIOGRAPHY)
THE END IS NEAR: PART 3
PRELUDE TO BATTLE
BATLLE OF GODS EYE: PART 1
THE BATTLE OF GODS EYE: PART 2
BATTLE OF GODS EYE: PART 3
CONCLUSION
PEACE AND WAR
THE CITY OF KINGS
THE OFFER
THE FALL OF THE CAPITAL
INVITATIONS AND CONFESSIONS
JUDGEMENTS
CHANGES AT COURT
THE HIGH COUNCIL
THE WALL
BATTLE OF THE WALL
TREATY

THE END IS NEAR: PART 2

771 12 1
By Saptaswapal

IMPORTANT NOTICE -

Now before I start with this chapter, there is something I want to say. It's about a new story idea that I may or may not write in future.

It is about a Pokemon/Game Of Thrones/Asoiaf, crossover, in which trainer Ash Ketchum arrives in  Westeros and joins the Stark family just before King Robert's arrival in Winterfell.

This is fun idea. Now many of you will ask how will Ash Ketchum survive in the brutal world of Westeros, which is world plagued with brutal conflicts. Well it is a fun idea.

If anyone of you have been on spacebattles or quora or Reddit. You can search Ash Ketchum's physically superhuman feats.

If you look closely, Ash in anime is superhuman. If you don't believe me you can search his superhuman feats in Reddit. Ash in anime survives and tanks explosions from hiper beam and Flamethrowers. He can also carry and toss five ton weight wooden logs. He also jumps around trees like ninjas and he also had superhuman reflexes to follow his really fast Pokemon, like Pikachu.

So what will happen if this superhuman Ash Ketchum arrive in the world of westeros where people die of normal stab and arrow wounds. Well he will fuck shit up himself and if you include his mystical powerful beasts that are his Pokemons, who are powerful magical monsters, well it will be a  bloodbath for the Lannisters.

Now this is only a idea, which I may or may not make a full story out of it. If you want this story in the future, please let me know on the comment section below.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
299 AC

RIVERLANDS

RIVERRUN

ROBB STARK

Robb sighed as he saw the mud-red walls of Riverrun, coming in his view. It has been nearly one and a half moons, since he had last seen the castle of House Tully.

Shortly after, the capture of Old Town, Robb had received raven from The Blackfish informing him of enemy incursion in The Riverlands.

After receiving the news, Robb had immediately prepared his army to march back to the Riverlands. Because even though he had faith in his great-uncle, Robb knows that the Riverlands soldiers are not strong enough to resist a full fledged invasion.

So he had left a garrison of two thousand men under the command of Maege Mormont, to occupy Old Town and blockade the Rose Road, from supplying the Capital, while Robb had taken the remaining force of 20,000 northmen and began their hasty journey back to Riverrun.

And after two weeks of hasty journey, they had finally arrived at Riverrun to a king's welcome. Lords Bracken, Piper, Mallister,  Blackwood, Mooten, Darry and his uncles along with many of the smallfolk were there to greet him. Many of them cheered as the king rode up and dismounted in front of his uncles. He was greeted with a warm embrace from his mother and Sansa, while his uncle Edmure and Blackfish welcomed him. There is another figure standing quitely in the back  that he recognised. He was someone who Robb had not seen for a long time.

"Nephew we have been listening to tales of how you destroyed a Tyrell host that outnumbered you 2 to 1. That's truly amazing." Edmure said joyfully.

"Thank you, Lord uncle" Robb told Edmure "but I fear the battle was less impressive than you have been told".

He then turned to the Blackfish "Uncle Brynden, I have heard about your victory in Maidenpool" Robb thanked his great-uncle "You did a good job in saving The Riverlands in my absence"

The Blackfish just nodded at his King's praise.

Robb then turned around and walked to the man standing in the back. The man was an old, short, stout man with white hair and cat-like whiskers growing out of his white beard . He wore chainmail and armour with sigils of House Cassel.

"Ser Rodrik" Robb greeted the man warmly "It's great to see you again".

Ser Rodrik Cassel, the Master Of Arms, back in Winterfell bowed lowly "Your Grace, it warms my old heart to see you once again".

"None of that, Ser" Robb stopped his former Master Of Arms from bowing "You trained me from, when I was but a green boy".

"And Now you are a King, Your Grace" Ser Rodrik said with pride, looking at young man he had once trained "Lord Eddard would have been proud of you".

"As you say" Robb smiled sadly, because deep inside he knew his father would never be proud of him. Many people said that Lord Eddard Stark was made of ice,  always grim, tough and serious. But Robb knew better.

His father may have been grim and cold, but inside he was an honourable man with a warm heart, a man who above all else loved his family. And Robb knows his father would never be happy to see all this bloodshed and suffering.

Robb shook his sadness before looking at the ageing knight seriously "Let's go inside and freshen up, we will be having a war council, in an hour" He said "But for the time being, tell me how my siblings are doing"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

All the lords of The North and The Riverlands are gathered around the table, to discuss their further plans for the future.

Before the council began, Robb had spent his time with Ser Rodrik, asking the old Knight about the whereabouts of his brothers and sister. 

According to him, Brandon had done incredibly well in ruling Winterfell and Wintercity, during his and Ser Rodrik's absence. Taking care of the small folk and helping them in the final crops harvest before the winter set in.

His sister Arya too had helped Brandon in his ruling and she had also helped Rickon in his lessons with Maester Luwin.

All of this made Robb immensely proud of his younger siblings. Ruling a huge and harsh kingdom like The North is very difficult, and his younger siblings had done that perfectly well, and in times of war no less.

He broke out of his musings and looked at the map. The map only covered the regions of The Riverlands and The Crownlands, as this two Kingdoms are the main theatre of the war.

He looked at Ser Brynden "What the scouts say about our enemy moment, uncle".

The Blackfish straightened his back, as he was being addressed by the King.

"Our scouts reported that the enemy army is amasing around the Kingswood, your grace" His great-uncle reported "Lord Tarly have removed his troops from the King's Road, no doubt he wants to join the main host".

Robb nodded before asking "And what's there troop numbers?".

Brynden looked uncomfortable, but he  sighed before saying "I don't know if the scout reports are true or not" he began slowly "But our scouts reported that the enemy army is at least 100,000 men strong".

The moment Ser Brynden said those words the entire room became deathly silent.

Robb closed his eyes in despair. He had fought in at least half a dozen battle, and in every one of them he had destroyed his enemy's army so badly and inflicted so many casualties that his enemies  could never recover from their losses for a long time, even though they had the resources to do so.

But even then, even with all his efforts, he was still outnumbered more than two to one.

Robb took a deep breathe to mask his growing uncertainty. He couldn't show his doubts to his lords, otherwise they will all loose faith in him.

Instead he calmly nodded to his uncle before looking at Benjen "And what is our troop number".

"With the 10,000 northern reinforcements that Ser Rodrik had brought with him, our troop numbers are currently 40,000 men"  Benjen said, placing three Wolf and one Trout figurine at the map of Riverrun "30,000  northmen and 10,000 Rivermen".

Robb cursed silently, before looking at Ser Rodrik "Ser Rodrik, how much have those men trained". He asked, as he had to know the quality of troops Ser Rodrik brought with him for reinforcements.

Rodrik bowed before speaking "Most of those men are northern mountain clansmen and skaagosi warriors who had not marched south with you" the aged knight said "They are already excellent warriors, I just have to train them at fighting as an unit, as they are not good at fighting together".

The northern lords grimaced "Skaagosi" Umber spat in disgust and Robb saw his uncle Benjen cringe. Even though the skaagosi are northern, most northern lords disliked them and think that they are no better than wildlings.

"Enough" Robb said evenly "We are already in a perilous position, and I will not have my men create further disunity".

"But your grace" Lord Bolton protested "You cannot be serious, the Skagoosi are wildlings".

"Maybe they are" Robb snapped "But they are fighting for the same cause".

His lords didn't looked very pleased at fighting beside savages, but before they can say anything, a man burst into the council chambers hastily.

Everyone turned to the intruder, and Umber shouted "What is the meaning of this?".

"Apology My Lords, Your Grace" The man bowed "But Ser Wendel Manderly had arrived with a small group of men, he wished to speak to you." The man said.

"Ser Wendel" Robb thought in confusion "I sent him to Volantis, to hire Sellswords, what is he doing here?".

"I will be holding court in a few hours. Tell them I will be most happy to listen to their concerns then." Robb replied "And call Ser Manderly, in the council I want to know his reason of being here".

"Yes I told them just that but the men, especially Ser Wendel seemed very adamant about speaking directly to the king. They claim to have travelled all the way from Essos."

"Did you inform them that the we are in council meeting?" His cousin Wulfric asked.

"I did, My Lord. They still wish to speak to a Stark all the same."

"Fine. Let's go". Robb replied.

With the council being abruptly adjourned, Robb and his Lords made their way to the Great Hall Of Riverrun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As they entered the Great Hall, they saw four individuals standing in the centre of the hall. The lead man is wearing the Mermen of House Manderly while the others wore leather clothing which is exotic for the seven kingdoms.

Beside the lack of appropriate clothing most of their appearances had little in common.

The largest man, who was nearly as tall has Hodor, had chains wrapped across his chest forming an x over a white rose that was sown on his shirt. He had a square hardwood shield and a giant  spiked mace strapped on his back

The second man wore a helm with a huge feather on top that made him look ridiculous. He had a eight foot tall spear of his back.

The last man that stood behind them were dressed equally as plainly. He had a short sword strapped in his hip, but what drew Robb's attention were eight small throwing knives that were strapped beside his sword.

The Maester Vyman presented them  with the bread and salt and they all took a bite from it, signifying their guest rights.

"Your grace, it's good to see you again" Ser Wendel said joyfully and Robb smiled despite himself, as he had not seen the Manderly knight since the conquest of Lannisport and Casterly Rock.

"Ser Manderly" Robb greeted with a nod "It's a surprise to see you again, I didn't expected to see you so soon".

He then turned to the remaining three men and said "The man tells me you three have all traveled from Essos to speak to me".

The tallest among them stepped forward to speak.

"My name is Hothar Umber. I 'am the captain of the Company of the Rose." He said in a booming voice before looking at the two men "And these are my lieutenants Arthor Moss and Brandon Flint".

"It can't be" Robb along with all his lords   had their eyes widen in shock.

Like most northmen, he have heard the name of the Company Of The Rose, one of the largest sellsword company in Essos. Stories said that this group was made 300 years ago buy a group of Northern exile under the leadership of Brandon Snow, half brother of Torrhen Stark The King Who Knelt.

The reason for this exile was never known but most northerners believed that the men choose exile because they refused to accept the surrender of Torrhen Stark to Aegon Targaryen.

And now they are here, back in Westeros and Robb had to know why.

"Tell me captain Hothar, what is the reason of your long journey west" Robb asked curiously.

"We exiled ourself because we refused to support the Targaryen on the Throne" lieutenant Arthor Moss said "But we swore an oath beneath the Wearwood tree, vowing that we will only return to Westeros, if the North is independent once again".

"We were in Volantis when we heard that a Stark once again wear the crown of Winter" Brandon Flint continued pointing at Manderly, indicating that it was him who told them.

"So now we are here once again, out of loyalty. Our ancestors left the north. They refused to accept any other king but the King In The North. Now that you have broken away from the Iron Throne we have come to support your claim. We require no gold nor lands only to be allowed to return to the homeland of our forefathers." Hothar Umber said in his commanding voice.

Robb and his lords were taken aback by his words. He noticed that Lord Umber looked pleased at his distant relatives choice of words. It was a good sign, as Umber is among those lords who were against fighting with Sellswords, because of their questionable loyalty.

But now the Sellswords are their distant kin, so now they will not have any problem fighting beside them.

He turned towards the Sellsword captain
"You honor beyond words. Of course you are welcome back as brothers of the North. Bend the knee and swear your allegiance"

"We will" The 3 sellsword commanders said at the same time in union.

"I Hothar Umber, captain of The Company Of The Rose pledge 3000 swords to The King In The North" The man said taking out his mace and kneeling.

"I Arthor Moss, Lieutenant of The Company Of The Rose, pledge 1,500 cavalry to The King In The North" He said taking out his spear and kneeling.

"I Brandon Flint, Second Lieutenant of The Company Of The Rose pledged 500 archers to The King In The North." He said taking out his short sword and kneeling.

"Rise.I Robb Stark King In The North And The Trident welcome my distant brothers back to the homeland of our ancestors" Robb said in his most kingly voice he had ever used.

He cannot believe his luck. Now he had another five thousand well trained and battle hardened men under his command. While even now they are still heavily outnumbered, it had inspired a  hope among his men.

A hope of Independence.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And Done!

So now you can see that Lord Manderly had returned from his tour from Essos and he had brought The Company Of The Rose with him.

Even with the Sellswords, Robb is still hopelessly outnumbered against the Royal Army.

The final battle of The War Of The
Kings is near. I hope you all are exited

If you like this chapter don't forget to leave a comment because remember reviews are food for a writer's Soul.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 28 5
It was running the year 303 AC. Rhaegar Targaryen, First of his name, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men sat on the Iron Throne for t...
144K 3.8K 27
{Book 1: The She-Wolf of Winter} Lilia Stark was the second child born to Lady Catelyn and Lord Eddard Stark. For thirteen years she lived in the qui...
13.1K 766 56
SEQUEL TO BURN ME Eighteen years after the dance of dragons... Aemond and Rhaella Targaryen sired five children. Their first sons death came far too...
7.5K 277 12
𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐈𝐂𝐄 ❝ 𝙞 𝙖𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚! ❞ IN WHICH; Robert Baratheon's daughter gets...