Cyborg (Loki fanfic) - on hia...

Por just-tissue

*DISCLAIMER* This fic is old, (by my standards) like REALLY old, so if you're reading this, a big fat 'thank... Más

Purple space grape (chapter 1)
Cuffs (chapter 2)
They know (chapter 3)
tesseract blue (chapter 4)
Stone (chapter 5)
Magic book (chapter 6)
void (chapter 7)
Sanctuary *part 1* (Chapter 8)
Sanctuary *part 2* (chapter 9)
Sanctuary *part 3* (chapter 10)
Sanctuary *part 4* (chapter 11)
Sanctuary *part 5* (chapter 12)
Sanctuary *Part 6* (Chapter 13)
Sanctuary *Part 7* (chapter 14)
Sanctuary *Part 8* (Chapter 15)
Sanctuary *part 9* (chapter 16)
Sanctuary *part 10* (Chapter 17)
Sanctuary *wow this is getting long* (chapter 18)
Sanctuary *Whatever part we're at by this point* (Chapter 19)
A Magical Apprentice/1k special (Chapter 20)
Please!? (Chapter 22)
You left it!? (Chapter 23)
Mind Stone (Chapter 24)
Welp, that's great! (Chapter 25)
Lessons with mama spider (Chapter 26)
Yelena Belova (Chapter 27) *2k SpEciAl!*
Fever dream (Chapter 28) *A ฿ł₮ overdue Christmas and 3K special*
An Arcane Varlet (Chapter 29) (AKA, it has been a fricKing long time.)
Notebook with names (Chapter 30)
I'm not an apologist, I'm a realist. (Chapter 31)
Announcement

Parallels (Chapter 21)

355 11 109
Por just-tissue

Just saying, the pic is 100% true though

(Warning VERY vivid description of deaths)

"Wait, what do you mean *survive a 20, 000-foot drop*?" Clint questioned, Cassidy, sighed, then elaborated; "We managed to make it here, but it transported us in the upper atmosphere, after that we kinda just fell." Cassidy said, dazed. Loki sighed, already knowing where this was going. "And fell . . . I never knew if we were going to hit the bottom and get a quick death, or crash into the ground and crack our spines, stay paralyzed for a few moments before annihilation."  A haze started to seep from around the girl. 

"There was screaming, lots of screaming," Cassidy stated, her voice devoid of emotion by this point, the haziness continued to flow around her, the world around her blurred at the edges. "Wait, what's happening?" Tony asked drowsily, Loki replied, languished; "This is what happens when she recalls these events. It's also why we don't usually tend to bring them up." "Well, then what's she doing?" Natasha asked with a yawn. 

Loki dozed off for a bit before responding; "She's trying to put us into her consciousness, make us experience the events firsthand. I can tell you they're not pleasant. I suggest you give in to the drowsy feeling though, it makes it at least slightly less terrifying." Cassidy continued her monologue; "Then... something happened. I don't know what. There was a light, it was blinding, bright, oh so, so bright. Like staring at the sun." The mist became thicker. Now anything in or around it became darker, the middle of it concentrated on Cassidy, who now looked there was a fog machine underneath the floor where she was standing. 

By this point most of the people in the room had fallen unconscious, said people being Thor, Tony and Clint. Bruce, Steve and Natasha were struggling, but their attempts were becoming feeble with each passing moment. Loki seemed to be the most awake out of everyone, ignoring his own advice to look out for the rest of the team but was slowly coming closer to the point that Steve, Natasha and Bruce were at. "We fell, and fell, and fell." She repeated, the darkness around her suddenly turned inky, like tentacles.

 The blackness slowly crawled up her until she was completely encased in onyx. In a bright flash of light, the once barley-animated tentacles came to life and swarmed towards the unconscious group, Steve, Natasha and Bruce stared at the tentacles, perplexed, while Loki only sighed, then closed his eyes. The tentacles wrapped around their legs and pulled them into the void. 

oooO - - - Oooo

3rd person Loki experiencing Cass's memories P.O.V

Cold

Something frigid was being whipped around Loki's face, a horrible feeling set into this stomach at having to view this memory again.

He opened his eyes and look around him, the now more familiar cloud floated in the sky beside him, 5 or so other bodies were falling all around. By reflex, he looked down, staring at the stretch of green and blue before him, the Earth. The wind made his eyes water, and he closed them as if it was just a cold morning and not falling from 20, 000 feet in the sky.

A rolled over, so his back was to the ground already knowing what was going to happen and anticipating it. He squeezed his eyes shut, just in time a bright flash of light occurred, blinding him if he would have been facing the other way. A voice spoke up, he was never sure if the voice was speaking to him physically or telepathically, he made a mental note to ask Cassidy about that later. 

The disembodied voice always said the same thing; "Cassidy Bell, you have been chosen. Use your power wisely. Do not fail us." The world erupted into a multitude of colours, then the world dimmed and went black. 

---

Pain

Wait, no pain? What's going on?

The thought kept repeating itself for an indefinite amount of time before it finally stopped. 

(Vivid description starts now)

Clouds swirled above him, a gold film over everything, keeping him from hitting the ground, then it abruptly stopped, and Loki landed on the ground, the air knocked out of his lungs. He coughed for a few moments before regaining his breath. He sat up, already knowing what he'll see. 5 bodies lay around him, all of them bloody, one of them impaled through the stomach by a tree branch, Insides that were supposed to be inside gushed out, the tip of the tree strained crimson. Another one squished in the ground as if compressed by a steamroller, their face unrecognizable. The others not fairing much better seeing as most of them were in the same state at the latter. Loki's stomach twisted with nausea as he stared at the scene before him, he's never going to get getting used to this.

(Vivid description ends here)

A sudden feeling of weariness overcame him, and he gladly sank into the darkness.

oooO - - - Oooo

End of memory-ness and 3rd person p.o.v usual room again

In a flash of light, everyone was returned to their spots on the floor. Everybody was unconscious, Cassidy remained in the cocoon, but after a few minutes, it started to shift. (The cocoon) It opened up, like a door, revealing Cassidy inside. She stepped out shakily, but before she could stand up straight, she fell to her knees with a sigh. Tears fell out of her eyes, she tried to wipe them away but they kept coming, she gave up, curled into a ball and let herself cry freely.

After a few minutes of sobbing, she sniffed a bit, and swallowed, trying to compose herself. She sighed, and closed her eyes, she focused on summoning on an object in particular, in a flash of light, it appeared in front of her. A small gold necklace with a round locket in the middle. She reached for it and clasped it in her hand, running her thumb on the indentation on the side. She twisted it so she could see the words; Grief is the price we pay for love. She repeated the words softly under her breath; 

"Grief is the price we pay for love." It was her friend Carol's favourite quote, one of her friends who had died in the accident. (Carol's not Carol Danvers, just a random Carol from our universe, she won't be relevant to the story exactly, I don't think. Neither will any of Cassidy's other friends be, they'll just be there as friends who died tragically.) She repeated it, her voice was less quaky this time. She glanced around the room, searching for a familiar table, she finally spotted it in the far back corner.

She stood up and walked over to the small wooden counter and grabbed the box that was on top. She strolled back to her spot on the floor and ripped open the top of the box, and pulled out a tissue. (Yes, I had to have Loki put tissues in all of his dimensional space rooms/pockets if his friends have mental breakdowns *or he does* and I also added it for the sake of references, and since I know I will most likely rant about this, it's continuing in the next paragraph.)

(And same goes for Cassidy, Reggie and Samantha, Loki has tissues and tea *cuz y'all can't have a psychotic break without a cup of herbal tea*in his dimensional space rooms/pockets, Cassidy has a button that plays soothing music specifically recorded for each person to help them calm down, Reggie hasn't learned yet how to make dimensional pockets and Samantha has an automated A. I system (not unlike J.A.R.V.I.S) that automatically produces an illusion of someone they love/care about, for example, Loki's would be Frigga, just some stuff about the characters.)

She blew her nose roughly, after she was done, she waved her hand, summoning a trash can and throwing the used tissue in the garbage. She sighed as she look at the unconscious group on the ground in front of her, in that moment she desperately wanted to have learned healing magic, maybe even more so than the first time it happened with Loki, Reggie and Samantha. Well, Loki's was more accidental seeing as he had willingly seen her memory before the rest when they first met, but still. She strolled over and checked their pulses, already knowing they were alive by the fall and rise of their chests, but she had to be sure either way. 

After checking Tony's pulse for the third time, she heard something from behind her, she glanced behind her, at the only person there, Loki. He groaned as he tried to sit up, but failed. He eventually slumped against the floor, but Cassandra summoned a chair for him to lean against. "Thanks." Loki managed to rasp out. "It's the least I could do, besides, it is kinda sorta maybe 100% my fault," Cassidy mumbled in response. "No, it was mine. I should have stopped Steve from asking the foolish question in the first place." 

" Yeah, well you can't predict the future," Cassidy replied sadly. "Well, you can technically and one of your variants probably would or could. Seeing as one of them was able to learn mind-control all by herself, it's not farfetched for one to learn how to look in the future." "Yeah," Loki replied, and the two lapsed once again into an awkward silence, but this time without the Avengers to break the ice. 

"Well, just saying. You never explained the consequences of breaking a blood oath, or how exactly you knew about them," Loki said after a moment. "Yeah, I'll get to that later," Cassidy mumbled as stood up and stretched cat-like. Loki got up as well and rubbed his eyes. Illusion-Loki spoke up, startling the duo; "If you lot are finally leaving, I'll get back to my book."

Cassidy jumped (yes literary) while Loki remained placid (he was spooked on the inside.) And glared at Illusion-Loki; "Don't you dare do that again." Loki hissed at the Illusion, who only smiled back mischievously before summoning a book and turning to a page labelled with a green bookmark.

- Tada! This one's relatively short compared to my current usual of 2000+ ish. (1658) but either way, how you like it!

- Just-a-random-tissue

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

121K 5.9K 56
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...
138K 4.3K 47
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
476K 17.1K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
314K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc