It ends with us. | Bucky Barn...

By avengerwzrs

What happens when you choose to be friends but love was completely out of your control? How can two people go... More

Coming soon.
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty one.
Twenty two.
Twenty three.
Twenty four.

Ten.

9.1K 262 132
By avengerwzrs

-The next morning-

Bucky's eyes flicker open when the sudden smell of breakfast hits his nose, he just knew Dot was in the kitchen cooking again, he let's out a frustrated sigh before rolling out of bed in his boxers, he strolls to his joint bathroom to take a shower, 30 minutes in he was all dressed for the day. He stands in front of the mirror in his bedroom and runs his hands down his suit.

He then opens the door walking into the main room where Dot greets him with a smile. "Thought you would never wake up!" She giggles before walking over to him. "I made breakfast for us" Bucky looks at the table set before he shakes his head. "I need to go work.." Dot sighs.

"James please.." Bucky then walks over to the door putting his shoes on and grabs his keys from the hook on the wall. "I'd appreciate it if you stayed with your brother, he's only a floor down so you'll be fine" Bucky states coldy.

"Why would I stay with my brother? You're my husband, I should be here with you!" Bucky takes a moment to inhale then exhale at his own pace, the whole reason he moved from Australia was because Dot suffocated him, and she's still doing what she always did that was mentally exhausting for him.

Bucky then turns to Dot. "If you don't want to talk it out like adults that's fine by me, I will however get a divorce. I'm tired, I'm really tired of playing pretend, If I need to drag our asses to court then so be it, but it will be done" He then turns placing his hand on the doorknob to open the door but Dot quickly speaks up again.

"This is about Wynter isn't it? This is why you want a divorce, you want to run back to her!" She states in a shaky voice as she walks towards Bucky, Bucky turns around to face her again shaking his head. "I'm afraid our ship sailed five years ago, it has nothing to do with her, this is about me" He states before opening the door and walks out of his apartment to go to work.

(Current outfit)

Once Bucky gets to work instead of walking straight to his office he walks into Sam's. A few knocks on the door he walks in looking up to see Sam behind the desk and Wynter sitting opposite him as they drink their coffee's. Instantly Wynter and Bucky lock eyes, a few seconds of eye contact felt like they have been gazing into each other's eyes for hours.

Bucky clears his throat as his eyes jump straight to Sam. "Sam can we talk?" Wynter looks over at Sam before she stands up grabbing her coffee cup. "I'll be in my office"

She tells Sam as she walks towards the door, she walks straight up to Bucky as he was blocking her way, he looks down at her for a brief second before stepping to the side. Once she exists the room Bucky walks over to Sam's desk sitting on the chair opposite his table.

"Like I said before, if whatever you're going to say is not work related then I don't want to hear it" Sam states avoiding eye contact as he flicks through the paperwork in front of him. "Sam I'm sorry" Bucky tells him causing Sam to stop flicking as he lifts his head up meeting with Bucky's eyes.

"I'm sorry for everything, for betraying you, for betraying our friendship, I broke the rules and I take full responsibilities of my actions.. but I miss you pal" Sam leans back into his chair as he just stares at Bucky, this time he wasn't frowning his face drops looking at him sympathetically.

He respected Bucky's apology and part of him felt tired holding a grudge, it's been five years. Not only that but Sam felt guilty too, after the conversation he had with Wynter, he broke up something that made his sister happy, and he was partly to blame.

"I'm not going to lie, I miss you too" Sam chuckles leaning forward as he rests his arms on the table, Bucky looks up at him with a smile. "Does this mean you forgive me?" Sam hums for a few seconds before speaking up. "Yeah yeah sure, doesn't mean I trust you though, you need to earn that trust back"

He states pointing his index finger at Bucky. Bucky nods pressing his lips together but part of him was relieved he had his best friend back. Bucky then slams his hands on his lap before standing up. "Well I should get back to work then"

A few hours later Wynter is sat in her office with both of her legs up resting on the table as she leans back filing her nails, her door wide open her assistant Molly knocks on her door before walking in. "Miss Wilson, I wanted to ask if it's okay for me to leave early today.. I've got plans and-" Wynter turns her head looking at Molly interrupting her with a 'Sure'

"Wait really?" Molly asks in a surprised tone, Wynter smiles putting her legs down tapping on the table. "Take a seat for me, for one second" Wynter states as she sits upright watching as Molly walks to her and sits on the chair opposite. "Are you in love Molly?" Molly raises her eyebrow. "Excuse me?"

"I assume that's why you want to leave early? You have a date with a special someone?" Molly nervously chuckles tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "H-how did you know?"

Wynter tilts her head slightly. "You have that glow to you.. you're happy, you have that twinkle in your eye" Molly looks behind her making sure no one was around before she leans forward. "How do I know?"

"How do you know what?" Wynter responds. "How do I know if it's really love? And not just lust?" Wynter looks up slightly and let's out a soft sigh. "Well, it's like you walk into a room and you don't see anyone else but him..."

She trails off with a smile on her face reminiscing when she was once in love. "You always check on him, standing there or here and you just observe him, is he smiling? Is he in a bad mood? You always wonder, if he's happy what is making him happy, if he's sad what's wrong? What happened...?"

Wynter's eyes trail to Molly's. "Is he looking at me? Why is my heart beating so fast? Why does my chest feel tight? Does he feel the same? You have all these questions racing in your mind.." Molly nods, intrigued as she listens.

"When you're with him, time seems to stop it's like nothing around you matters but him and the sappy love songs you used to hate start to make sense.."

Wynter then shakes her head snapping back to reality "Love just consumes you, it's an addiction you can't get enough of, you'll know if he's the one, you'll just feel it and know. Listen to your intuition look for the signs and look for the red flags, only you know what's best for you.."

Molly nods with a big smile on her face before standing up. "I needed to hear that.. thank you Miss Wilson.." Wynter returns the smile nodding. "No problem"

Molly turns taking a few steps forward before stopping, she turns her body around again looking at Wynter. "Are you in love or have been in love? Or are you just a love expert?" she chuckles.

Wynter presses her lips together before shrugging. "I was in love, once upon a time" Molly smiles nodding before she walks out the office. Wynter closes her eyes taking a deep breath.

Sam knocks on Wynters door before leaning into it. "Are you excited for the annual party tomorrow night?" Wynter opens her eyes looking at Sam as she nods with a smile. "Yeah, I can't believe father's business will be 20 years old" Sam nods back. "He would be proud to see us handling his business well"

"So we're having the party here? In the hall?" Wynter asks. "That's right, everything is sorted, food drinks, decorations, they are handling it.. reporters will be coming in for a short while also.." Wynter nods. "Okay great!"

"Another thing, Bucky will be here too of course, you okay with that?" Wynter scoffs. "I'll be fine" Sam raises his eyebrow. "And please try not to get drunk until the reporters leave, we need to look professional" Wynter rolls her eyes. "Yeah yeah.. I got it" Sam slaps the door. "Great stuff"

"Can I leave for today?" Wynter asks as she stands up walking over to Sam. "You know me, shopping with Natasha for the party, it could take a while.." Sam rolls his eyes. "Fine." Before he could walk away Wynter stands there clearing her throat, Sam turns to see her hand out.

"Of course how could I forget?" Sam asks sarcastically as he takes out his wallet handing her his credit card so Wynter don't spend a penny. "Thank you brother" She states taking the card. "Mmmhm.." Sam hums before walking away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

128K 3.3K 15
This story is my sequel to my original story History. How it all began, from where it all started. You'll notice flashbacks from history in full deta...
2.7K 54 17
Steve is on mission to find his old friend Bucky, and with the help of his new friend Sam Wilson, it just might be possible. But even after two week...
4K 98 19
Y/N and Bucky have a complicated relationship. They love each other, but will that love be explored? Will they end up together? #1-buckyxreader 11/5...
1.8K 44 16
Mary has a mission, to protect her old friends love, who she thinks is dead. When she meets him in person, he realizes that she's the only thing that...