The DreVille Slayer

By Phycaryour

DreVille County has had it's horrible days, but life is still peaceful.... Until a man turns up dead with his... More

Here We Go!
It Begins
The First Suspects
He Knows
The Slayer In Uniform
I Am Death
The Next Victim
The M Of The Hour
The Wake
24 Hours To Halloween
Halloween
The Girl Who Knew Too Much
24 Hours Of Tragedy
Two Losses In One Day
The Project
A Wonderful Surprise
I'll Blow Your Brains Out
The Slayer's Warning
Return Of The Slayer
An Explosive Morning
A Fallen Hero
A Jilted Puppet
Christmas Eve
The Return Of Daniel Clarke?
Until The End
It's A Boy
A Fugitive
The Slayer Meets The Fugitive
I Saw His Eyes
Dr Fellers
Facing The Slayer
Hell Hath No Fury...
Mia, Barbie and Ella Sabe
Unmasking The Slayer
Origins
Say Hello To The Slayer
Say Hello To The Slayer II
Say Hello To The Slayer III
Double Team
The Final Victim
You're Not Alone
Thank You!

Aftermath

29 7 10
By Phycaryour

The firemen stood outside the building, discussing the damage.

Kai was talking to Giovani on the phone, then he hung up and walked over to Sara's van where she was waiting with the gang.

"Well?" Camila urged him on. "Did they find him?"

"They found him. He's dead."

Alex banged his fist against the car. "Fuck!"

Paul shook his head.
"What about Giovani?"

"Giovani found him in that alley on Toni Street."

Macy sniffled. "Now what?"

"I don't know." Kai replied. "Giovani went to the station, and the paramedics took Davenport's body to the morgue."

Sara got herself ready.
"Then we're going."

As Sara started the engine, Macy looked at Izzy, who was uncharacteristically quiet.
"Do you want to go home?"

Alex shook his head at the thought. "No, I'm going to the station and I think we shouldn't be separated. Sara, do you think you can drop us off?"
She nodded.

Paul sighed.
"I'm gonna go home with my mom, I don't want her out here any longer."

Camila nodded. "Yeah, and my dad's been blowing up my phone. Maybe you can drop me off."

She said her goodbyes and Paul led his girlfriend over to his mom's car.

Alex held Macy and Izzy in a tight hug in the back seat.

Sara sighed, driving away from the building.

CLARKE MANSION
Julian stormed into the living room.

"You're back." said Clarke, who was watching the news.

"She's not at the hospital!" whined Julian. "I went to the scene and she wasn't there either! Why is she avoiding me?!"

Clarke rolled his eyes.
"Have you ever considered visiting a shrink? I don't need you to lose your marbles yet."

Julian stood there looking unamused. "This isn't the time for your jokes."

Clarke raised his hands in surrender. "Fine, whatever you say. By the way, you should see this."

He turned up the volume.

"...In a very awful turn of events, we've been told that after rescuing the hostages from the building, Detective Bruce Davenport had an encounter with The DreVille Slayer, an encounter which he unfortunately lost. We don't know how he was killed, but his demise has just been confirmed by our sources.."

Clarke turned off the TV.

"Jesus, another one?"

"Yes." Clarke replied. "One less problem to deal with, I guess".

"You don't seem surprised at all." said Julian. "Is this serial killer thing part of your project?"

POLICE STATION
Giovani was pacing back and forth in his office.

He'd already flipped the table over and could only pace around the room without anything bigger to destroy.

Alex had just arrived, while Macy and Izzy waited outside the office.

"Giovani-" started Alex.

"Don't."

"He's dead. There's nothing we can do."

"The Slayer wants to come after us? Oh, it is on!"

"What are you going to do? You can't just go crazy on this."
Alex didn't like the wild look in Giovani's eyes.

"I can't?" said Giovani. "Watch me."

"Please hear me out. We're all furious for what happened to Davenport. But we need to think clearly what our next move is going to be if we don't want The Slayer to win."

Giovani nodded.
"Ok, ok, you're right."

Giovani nodded.
"Ok, ok, you're right. You can go home, Alex."

"No, I wanna stay here and help."

"Well, you're not going to."
Izzy walked in with Macy by her side, standing there with her arms crossed.

CLARKE MANSION
Clarke laughed. "You can't arrange someone to become a serial killer just because.
I don't need anyone dead. We both know my project doesn't involve anyone getting murdered at all."

Julian frowned, not sure whether to believe him or not.

"And if I remember correctly." he continued. "I'm not just paying you to work for me. It's also for you to keep your mouth shut. And that means, no questions."

"You also promised me Camil-"

"Forget about Camila, you're never gonna get her back!"
Clarke snapped.
"I'll double your pay. All I ask is for you to do what I tell you to do. Keep your eyes open. Make sure the police aren't sniffing around. Make sure those stupid kids aren't sniffing around like they did with Silko. Maintain the motherfucking status quo. Understood?"

Julian nodded.

"Good. Now get out. Unlike you, I have things to do."

Julian glared at him, but left.

HOSPITAL
Lara Brighton entered the main hall really pissed off, and bumped into Kai.

His eyes widened when he realised who she was.
"Mrs Brighton, you're back."

"I am. Where's Sara?"

"She's at the morgue, checking detective Davenport's body" he replied. "Uh, I'm sorry about..."

"Cut the shit." said Lara. "I don't want any condolences".

"Then what are y-"

"I want to know everything about Larry's diagnosis." she said.

Kai explained everything that happened, from Larry's chest pains to the diagnosis to the surgery.

"What about his friends? Did they know? Did they support him?"

Kai shook his head.
"He wanted to keep his illness a secret. He didn't want anyone to be bothered about it."

He levelled his gaze on Larry's mother.

"Probably because he'd gotten used to the people he loved telling him to stop bothering them with his trivialities."

Lara clenched her jaw, but decided to ignore the jab.

Kai sighed.
"I just wish I'd been more careful."

"Kai. This is not your fault."

"Well, thank you. But it's weird to hear you say that since you're the only one here who should be feeling guilty."

Lara was stunned.
"That's not fair."

"You never had time for your own son. You think running around now trying to get answers will make you feel better? You think that suddenly makes you the Mom of the Year?"

Lara stood up, having had enough.

"I am not going to sit here and have a kid who thinks he's so smart talk to me about parenting. I don't give a damn about what you think. I don't give a damn what anyone thinks of me. I've got nothing else here...."

She went to the door, stopped and sighed, looking deflated.

"Infact I've got nothing at all..."

Kai was going to ask what she was talking about, but she continued.

"So I'm leaving town soon. As far as I'm concerned, you can all go to hell."

STARK'S
Francis made Camila clean up at home before taking her to lunch at Stark's.

Camila explained everything that happened.

Francis shook his head and chuckled as he remembered everything Camila told him she did today.

"You are insane. But I get why you did it, though. To be honest, I would have done it too."

"So, I'm not in trouble?" asked Camila hopefully.

"No. But I just wish you called me before you risked your life like that. I can't imagine what I would've done if I lost you."

"I'm sorry, dad." said Camila.

Francis nodded.
"Anyway, did you know Lara Brighton's back in town?"

"She is?"

"Yeah, I ran into her earlier this morning right here. I must say, I wasn't too thrilled to see her again."

Camila frowned. "Why not?"

"Let's just say she didn't sort out her priorities."

Camila nodded.

Lara's neglective behavior was a sore topic among residents.

His phone buzzed. Francis checked it and sighed. "I have a meeting to attend. I'll tell you more at the house. I need to go."

"Ok, dad. Take care." replied Camila.

He gave Camila a kiss on her head and left.

Camila dug into her pancakes. So Larry's mom was back in town. Honestly, she wasn't too thrilled about that either.

Suddenly, the door opened, and Julian came in running towards her. He pulled Camila up and out of her seat.

"Julian, what the hell?"

"I was so damn worried about you! You didn't answer my calls-"

"Oh, yeah, about that." said Camila. "How the hell did you get my number?"

Julian stood there just staring at her.

"Well?"

Without warning, he pulled Camila against him and kissed her.

Camila pushed him away and slapped him.

A couple of oohs erupted in the crowded restaurant.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Camila, please stop treating me like this." said Julian, still breathing hard from the fierce kiss. "Dammit, babe, stop playing this stupid game and just be with me!"

"I'm not playing games! We're done! I hate you!"

"No, you don't!" he snapped.

Camila noticed that people had left their meals and were now fully focused on watching them.

Damn.

Camila stared at him, feeling nothing but pity.

"You're out of your mind. I think you need help. Professional help."
She turned around to leave.

"You kept our relationship from him and your friends. Who's to say they can't keep secrets too? Paul could be the killer for all we know, considering he pointed a gun to my face, and your so-called friends could be helping him but you-"

The restaurant was charged with gasps as Camila turned around, walked briskly towards Julian, and punched him square in the face.

He held his jaw as he stared at her in shock.

"You stay the hell away from me and my friends!" yelled Camila, and she left fuming.

POLICE STATION
"You're not going." Izzy repeated, glaring at her brother.
"What are you thinking? Are you going suicidal or something?"

Alex sighed. "Izzy, liste-"

"No, you listen to me!" she snapped. "You can't just go and get killed by our mother's murderer! It's just you and me now. I'm not gonna let you risk your life again on a revenge mission, you're my brother and I need you."
She was crying now as Macy held her.

Alex sighed. She did have a point. Well, lots of points.

"It's not that I don't care about you. I do. You are my first and only priority, Izzy. But I need to do this. I need to know who killed mom and why. Who killed our friends."

"But why? Just leave it to the cops." asked Izzy.

"Because if I don't, I don't think I'll be able to live with myself." he replied. "I owe it to mom. I have to find her killer." He looked at Giovani. "We have to find The Slayer."

Alex approached and embraced his sister.
"I'll be ok. I'll find him, and we'll be able to put all this behind us. I promise."

Izzy nodded, still sobbing.

Giovani finally spoke.

"Ok, I have to go to the hospital. I could drop you and your sister off by your house."

He turned to Macy.

"Stay here, your mom's on her way to pick you up."

She nodded as the detective left with Alex and Izzy.

Alex touched Macy's shoulder. "You ok?"

She shook her head.
"Will this ever fucking end?"

"I don't know. I really hope it does."

CAMILA'S HOUSE
Camila came home feeling sick. A little from the afternoon sun but mostly because Julian had dared to kiss her in front of all those people!

No matter what Julian said about loving her, Camila hated him.

Hell, she never loved him, anyway. But now she felt nothing but hatred..

To her surprise, her father was in the living room.

"Hey, what took you so long?"

Camila frowned.
"I thought you had a meeting."

Francis shrugged.
"Meeting got cancelled."

He approached his daughter and put his hand on her cheek and then her forehead.

"Are you ok? You look pale."

Camila flashed to the moment when Julian kissed her.

"No." She lied. "It's, um, probably the change of weather, you know. It's almost Christmas, winter's coming."

Francis nodded, not too convinced. "Ok, then. Go upstairs, get some rest. I'll get started on making us some dinner in an hour or so."

Camila went upstairs to her room.

Francis watched her, already aware she was hiding something. He picked up the phone to call someone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43K 5.2K 37
Cooper Daniels survived his last brush with death by the grace of God and a teenage psychopath named Calla Parker. And so far, his senior year is off...
429K 32.6K 77
[Highest Ranks] ***2018 Watty's Shortlist*** ***FEATURED STORY*** #1 in Novels #5 in Murder Mysteries #6 in Mystery / Thriller Kathrine Woods was hea...
219K 6.3K 44
"แดกแด‡สŸสŸ, สŸแดแดแด‹๊œฑ สŸษชแด‹แด‡ แดกแด‡ แด€สŸสŸ แด‹ษดแดแดก แดกสœแด'๊œฑ ษขแด‡แด›แด›ษชษดษข ษขแดœแด›แด›แด‡แด… ษดแด‡xแด›, สœแดœสœ, แด ษชส€ษขษชษด แดแดสŸสŸส?" "๊œฑสœแดœแด› แด›สœแด‡ สœแด‡สŸสŸ แดœแด˜, ๊œฑแด›แดœ!" โ€ขโ€ขโ€ข || ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ . . . . according to the...
69.7K 2.2K 49
Rank #1 in bloodlust! 10/09/19 Rank #1 in vampireseverywhere 04/09/21 Rank #1 mystery thriller! 04/20/2022 Monique is a doctor and at the same time o...