Madagascar

By KappaTurtleGirl

A group of animals who have spent all their life in a New York zoo end up in the jungles of Madagascar, and m... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Changes in the remake

Chapter 4

695 10 1
By KappaTurtleGirl

From her jungle, the lemurs scamper around the foliage chattering excitedly. Maurice stood next to a pilot skeleton trying to get everyone's attention.. They were inside an old airplane which had been wrecked for years.

Maurice: Everybody, calm down. Come on. Into your chairs. Yes. Everybody please, calm down. Let go of his tail. Separate those two, would you, please? You over here, and you over there. Everybody Shhh... Calm down, people, OK?

Misty arrived with Jewel on her side. She was just light enough to get in the plane.

Misty. Sorry I'm late for the meeting, Maurice. It's just kinda weird meeting new faces around.

She sat down at an old open seat with the other lemurs.

Maurice: It's fine Misty. You came just in time. Now, presenting your royal highness, the illustrious blah, blah, blah. You know, et cetera, et cetera. Hooray. Let's go.

Maurice turned to King Julien who was sitting in the co-pilot's seat.

King Julien: Now, everybody, we all have great curiosity about our guests, the New York giants.

A lemur raised his hand.

King Julien: Yes, Willie?

Willie: I like them.

Mort: I like them. I like them. I liked them first. Before I even met them I liked them.

King Julien: Yes, yes.

Mort: When I saw them, I liked them right away. You hate them compared to how much I like them.

King Julien: Oh, shut up. You're so annoying!

Mort: Hee-hee-hee.

King Julien: Now, for as long as we can remember, we have been attacked and eaten by the dreaded fossa.

The lemurs started to panic.

Lemur: The fossa! The fossa are attacking! Aah! AAHHH!!

The lemurs started to run around like crazy as Misty held Jewel close.

Misty: Calm down everyone.

Lemur: It's a cookbook! It's a cookbook!

King Julien: Alright! Please. Please. Maurice.

Maurice: Shh! Quiet! Come on, y'all. They're not attacking us this very instant.

The other lemurs sighed, relieved. They surely are glad that it was just an alarm.

Misty: There is no Fossa in the plane. They can't even climb, except in their own territory.

King Julien: So my genius plan is this: We will make the New York giants our friends and keep them close. Then, with Mr. Alex protecting us, we will be safe and never have to worry about the dreaded fossa ever again! I thought of that. I thought of that. Yes. Me. I did.

Everyone nodded their head yes. It was a good plan. [Music plays]

Maurice: Hold on, hold on, everybody. Hold on. I'm just thinking now. I mean, does anyone wonder why the fossa were so scared of Mr. Alex? I mean, maybe we should be scared too. What if Mr. Alex is even worse than the fossa?

A mutter of concern went through the lemur group. Misty was right about this.

Maurice: I'm telling you, that dude just gives me the heebiedabajeebies.

King Julien: Maurice, you did not raise your hand. Therefore, your heinous comment will be stricken from the record. Does anyone else have the heebie-jeebies? No? Good. So shut up. When the New York giants wake up, we will make sure that they wake up in paradise. Ha-ha-ha-ha! Now, who would like a cookie?

Everyone cheered. Guess they are ready to get the Giants now.

Alex starred over at Marty's side of the beach. Marty was telling a joke. Gloria and Melman laughed loudly. Marty noticed. He left them and slowly wandered over to the line in the sand. He sighed as he crossed it.

Marty: Yo, Al. Melman and Gloria are over there having a good time. There's room on the fun side for one more.

Alex: No, thanks.

Marty: Look, I've been thinking. Maybe if you gave this place a chance, I don't know, you might even enjoy yourself.

Alex: Marty, I'm tired. I'm hungry. I just want to go home.

Marty: Could you just give it a chance? Think about it. It really isn't the fun side without you.

He turned and walked away. Alex slumped down on the sand. He wasn't going near the fun side no matter what Marty or anybody else said. He was going to stay on this side and wait for help. It took forever.

A few hours later, Alex crept on Marty's side of the beach. Melman and Gloria were already there. Alex knocked on Marty's door. It was only a door sitting in the middle of the beach. Marty hadn't gotten around to building the walls yet.

Melman: Shh. Shh. It's him.

Marty: Who is it?

Alex: It's the pizza man. Who the heck do you think it is?

Marty went over to the door and stared out the peephole.

Marty: Yes? Can I help you?

Alex: Can I come to the fun side?

Marty: Beg your pardon?

Alex: You know, I've been kind of a jerk, Marty. But I've been thinking about what you said, and I'm sorry.

Marty opened the door wide open.

Marty: Welcome to Casa del Wild. Take a load off. Hey, hey, wipe your feet.

Alex wiped his feet on Marty's doormat, and walked through the door. On his side of the beach, Marty has constructed an island cabana complete with fire pit, ceiling fan, fountain and wet bar.

Gloria: Alex!

Marty: Mi casa is su casa.

Alex: Very impressive.

Marty: Hey, have a drink. It's on the house.

Marty and Alex a coconut. He slipped it and then spitted out the water.

Alex: This is seawater.

Marty: Oh, you don't swallow it. It's just temporary till the plumbing's done. Hey, y'all look hungry. How would you like some of nature's goodness?

Gloria: You have food?

Marty: The Fun Side Special, coming up. Seaweed on a stick.

From a moving platform,  green slimy seaweed on a stick appeared.

Alex: Seaweed?

Marty: On a stick. Don't love it till you try it.

Melman: I don't think it's washed.

Gloria: It's from the ocean. It's been washed its entire life.

Marty: It does kind of hit the spot, doesn't it? Well, maybe it could use a little lemon.

Alex took a bite out of it and coughed.

Alex: No, it's great. It's really great. Doesn't get any better than this.

Marty: Oh, but it does. Check this out.

Marty pulled a lever and the ceiling opened up. Above them were a zillion twinkling stars shining against the velvet black background.

Gloria: Wow. Would you look at that?

Alex: It's like billions and billions of helicopters.

A shooting star flashed across the sky.

Marty: It's a shooting star. Make a wish. Quick!

Alex: Ooh! How about a thick, juicy steak?

Marty: You know what, Alex? I promise you I'm going to find you a steak tomorrow if it kills me.

Alex: Thanks, Marty.

Melman: It is getting late. I guess I'm gonna...

Gloria: I think I'm gonna hit the sack too. Sweet dreams, everyone.

And so everyone went to sleep. But something had changed.... And not one of them could fall asleep. From above a tree, Julien, Maurice and the lemurs watched them sleeping. From below, Misty poked her head from the bushes. Her blue eyes glowed as Jewel's scales shined brightly.

King Julien: You see, Maurice, Mr. Alex was grooming his friend. He is clearly a tender, loving thing. How can you have the heebie-jeebies for Mr. Alex? Look at him. He's so cute and plushy.

Maurice: I don't think he was grooming him, Julien. Look more like he was tasting him to me.

Julien pouted. Then he turned his attention down to the humanoids on the beach.

King Julien: Suit yourself, no matter. I don't care. Soon we will put my excellent plan to action. All we have to do is wait until they are deep in their sleep...

Misty: How long is it going to take?

Maurice sighed. The lemurs sat and waited as the warm breeze blew wispy clouds across the brilliant starry sky.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 36 3
The gang find a way to escape from Madagascar when the penguins reassemble a wrecked airplane. The precariously repaired craft stays airborne just lo...
354 13 14
Things are going to get alot awesome simba alex marty and the gang are going on an epic journey back to new york with the circus like gia bagheera st...
8.5K 57 11
This is a story about five animal friends. Alex the lion, Marty the zebra, Gloria the hippo, Melman the giraffe and Samantha the human sized fox. The...
31.8K 496 35
Love story of Alex and his mate are enjoying life and Alex is captured and sent to a reserve in Africa where he gets amnesia and everyone finds out t...