Adopted by Beetlejuice

Oleh chaoticgeek

Penney Van Aller hasn't had a "good life" per se. Trying to avoid the foster system after her mom died and he... Lebih Banyak

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 7

184 7 3
Oleh chaoticgeek

Finally, I was out of the hospital and back at home, with orders to take it easy for a few days. I was spending most of my time in bed, either reading a book, watching TV or YouTube, or drawing.

I woke up one morning to my alarm clock blaring and I sat up, yawning. When I sat up, a shooting pain went through my left arm.

"Ow!" I said to myself, rubbing my shoulder. I looked over at my arm and it was swelled up and a different color compared to the rest of my arm. Something was definitely wrong, I just wasn't sure what. I just knew one thing, I didn't want to go back to the hospital again. I had been there more than enough.

"Penney? You awake?" I heard Dana call from the hallway outside my bedroom. I took a deep breath and said, "Yeah, just waking myself up." I heard the door creak open and Dana came in my room. She noticed the pained expression on my face and said, "Penney, honey, are you okay?"

I weakly smiled and said, "I'm fine, I must've just slept on my arm funny. It's really sore for some reason." What Dana didn't know was that my arm was more than sore. It was a throbbing, burning pain in my left arm.

"Your arm looks really weird, Penney. Do you mind if I touch it?" I shrugged and Dana gently put her hand on my arm." I cringed a little from the sensitivity and the pain and Dana said, "Penney, I know this is the last thing you want me to say, but I think we need to take you to the doctors."

"N-not the hospital, right?" I said, my voice shaking as much as my body as I tried to stand up.

"Well, it depends on what the doctor says." Dana said. I blinked back my tears and managed to get up, ignoring the shooting pains in my arm and the after-surgery pains in my legs.

_______

So, I have a chronic pain disorder.

And that was the last diagnosis I ever expected to receive. It was pretty shocking to me and took a bit to wrap my mind around, but I got medicine and the doctors said I could live a pretty normal life, I just had to be careful.

I was looking out the window of Dana's car as we drove to the Winter Garden after my doctor's appointment. I sighed and slipped in my headphones, not wanting to look at the brace that was now on my left arm.

"Hey Penney?"

"Yeah?"

"We're here." Dana said with a smile on her face. I took a deep breath and looked at the theater, I haven't been there since my accident a few weeks ago. I walked in the door and Presley immediately attacked me in a hug.

"You're alive!" Presley squealed. I chuckled and said, "Yeah, alive with a chronic pain disorder."

"Is that Penney Steingold?"

"ALEX!" I yelled. Alex picked me up and spun me around and then said, "I missed you, kid. I would've come to visit you in the hospital but I was just so busy."

"It's fine. I'm glad I'm home now. And before you ask, the brace is from CRPS. Chronic pain disorder. Fun." I said.

I looked around at my surroundings, and I felt a weird feeling I haven't felt before in a while.

I felt like I was home.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.2K 6 7
Elisabeth didn't have a good home life. Until she met him. Jeremy. After he adopted her, she got the chance of a lifetime: Starring in a Broadway Nat...
4.5K 111 24
"Cry on the couch/all the poets come to life."-Thriller, Fall Out Boy Life in the adoption system is always hard, but even...
63.5K 1.2K 32
The main Characters of Beetlejuice: The Musical appear in a room and are given the chance to watch a musical all about themselves ~ I own nothing ~
3.5K 99 16
Delilah "Diesel" Frye wound up in the foster system after calling the police on her own dad. But when she runs away from her current placement, she w...