STOP ME WHEN YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH

By Fangirl9451

When Ichigo shows no interest to Shinji's lures of joining the Vizard, the group of ex-Shinigami end up takin... More

Oh, This Thing
Well, That's New
Uh, No Thanks
Really, Not Now
Um, Let's Not
Alright, Buzz Off
So, Maybe Not
Okay, Not Today
Ha, You're Funny
Shit, This Sucks
Huh, Well Now
So, That Happened
Fuck, Of Course
Really, No Way
Hm, Well Then
Man, Fuck This
Aha, That's It
Oh, Now What
Okay, This One
Nope, No Way
No, Fuck Off
Well, This Hurts
Wow, That's Cold
Nah, We're Good
Bitch, Let's Go
Yes, It Is
Ah, Fuck It
Man, Not Cool
Ahem, Say Again
Well, That's Rough
Right, The War
Hmm, Well Shit
Aight, Listen Here
So, It Isn't
See, This Happened
Whoa, Not Okay
Death, It Follows
Please, Don't Leave
Epilogue
Author's Note
Sequel!

Well, The End

669 20 8
By Fangirl9451

Ichigo never wanted to leave Rukia for this long. Three months can do a lot to a person. Especially when one loses someone so close.

To be fair, he couldn't have left Hell any sooner, even if he wanted to. He had to learn everything he could about Hell and its government as quickly as possible. The structure used was complicated at best and a cluster fuck at worst. It did and didn't make sense at the same time. Masaki was as surprised as him when he finally figured it all out in a month. She said it took her at least twice as long.

Then the next two months was about Ichigo fulfilling his new role as Hell's Heir. Being royalty was a new feeling that he barely got to experience in Las Noches. It was a bit of a culture shock. It didn't help that a lot of Hell's government and culture was European, either. Even the clothes he had to wear were medieval European. But alas, it was centered around a Quincy Clan that started in Germany.

Speaking of Germany, as the heir, he finally got to learn German. Masaki got him a tutor to help teach him more about the Quincy ways, and she went by the name Ishida Aia. So, Uryū's grandma. Basically makes her Ichigo's grandma, too. Anyway, he also got a cross custom made for him. It was like any other Quincy star, but the middle of the star holds the skull symbol that was on his combat pass. He told his mom about the skull one time, and she got someone to replicate it.

He often forgot what it was like to have a mom, but shit, he sure as hell didn't mind it when Masaki reminded him. He couldn't think of a time he's ever been so spoiled. His new room was like ten times bigger than his old one at the clinic, and he had this big ass king sized bed. It was heaven, ironically. The only thing that could make it better was if Rukia was in it.

The thought brings him out of his daze. Wow, he didn't mean to go to the gutter like that. He glances around Karakura Town, reminding himself of where he is. He has to remember why he came back. He came back for Rukia.

As he looks around from the rooftop of Karakura Town High School, he observes the renovation done. The city is back in one piece. Businesses have opened back up and school is in session. That's good.

The Hogyoku was right about something, too. He takes notice that he's been noticed. Students from the school yard have stopped to point him out to fellow peers, or they have taken multiple pictures of him with their cellphones.

"So they really have gained sight. Interesting. Should we play with this?"

The Hogyoku hums. She gives a playful reply that leaves Ichigo laughing.

"Very well."

He grabs the railing that he was originally leaning on. Before he could get a chance to move any further, a group of familiar faces gathers on the ground below.

"Hey, creep!" Tatsuki shouts. "Get off our school!"

The students witnessing cheer in agreement. Well, this wasn't the original fun he had in mind, but he certainly won't complain.

"Or what?" He calls.

Tatsuki brandishes her steel skin, and Chad follows with his plated arms. Uryū pulls back an arrow, and Inoue summons her fairies. Keigo wields bolts of lightning, and Mizuiro copies his close friend.

"Or else," Tatsuki replies.

"Well? Bring it on!"

Ichigo vaults over the railing. He flips into the air, and lands on a knee. His gazes up at them through his plain white mask. It's required for Hell's citizens to wear coverings when venturing outside their realm. The Kushinada, the creature guardians of Hell, will pull sinners back if they don't follow this law. Ichigo can have some leeway, but Masaki wishes for him to follow the law like everyone else.

Uryū is the first to release an attack. The ginger wouldn't have expected anything less from his friend. He's trying to distract while Keigo and Mizuiro get the bystanders to safety. He cancels the attack with a volley of his own arrows. It catches the bespectacled teen off guard at the sight of a black Quincy bow, yet he's not given a chance to attack. Ichigo sends him flat on his ass with a wave of Reiatsu.

Tatsuki and Chad sprint full speed. Ichigo ducks into splits, swings his legs around, and successfully lands kicks on both of them. Tatsuki throws fire at him, but he merely catches it. Chad shoots energy, and Ichigo catches that as well. He absorbs the physical and spiritual attacks, and sends a shock wave to knock the both of them down.

Ichigo quickly throws a fist up, and manages to connect it with Mizuiro's nose. The ginger reaches up, snatching Keigo out of his flash, and body slams him into Mizuiro. They also fall to the ground.

Inoue is the last one. She punches her open palm, and cracks her knuckles. Ichigo chuckles at her ferocity. It seems Tatsuki is still rubbing off on her. Her eyes glow orange, and her fairies light with power.

"This is your last chance. Surrender," Inoue warns.

"You're as amazing as always. No wonder Tatsuki has the hots for you," Ichigo comments, hoping to catch her by surprise.

"I'd hope so. She's only my girlfriend," Inoue replies, narrowing her eyes in suspicion.

Whoa. And to think Ichigo was hoping to surprise, not be surprised. Tatsuki finally made her move. It's only been several years.

"About damn time."

"You say that like you know us," she remarks.

Her body begins to emit orange light, making her eyes appear white. She levitates off the ground, and orbs of power consume her hands. She takes a fighter's stance, every ounce of her aggressive.

Ichigo can only laugh. He knew she was powerful, but he never thought she would progress this much in three months. Truly as amazing as ever. No wonder Tatsuki fell in love.

She stays there, waiting for him to make a move. The amount of respect Ichigo has for this woman is unmeasurable. Inoue would never seek violence, but she damn well will fight with tooth and nail for those she's protecting.

He uses a flash of shunpo, and grabs her glowing hands. She stares in shock as he absorbs her energy. She rips one hand out of his grasp. He doesn't get enough time to grab it back. With a wave of her free hand, a shield appears. It pushes him away from her, and it gives her enough time to collect herself before she goes running at him.

Ichigo grins under his mask. He presses his hands into her shield and shatters it. A shunpo later, and he's behind her. She whips around with a kick. He catches her ankle and pulls. She falls onto her ass.

"Easy there, Inoue. I don't want to hurt my oldest friend's girlfriend."

"Who are you!" She demands.

Her defense fairy comes flying at him. If this were The Matrix, he would be Neo. He leans back, arms flailing to keep balance. He leans back to his hands and rounds to his feet. The fairy comes back, but he takes it out of the air with a quick hand.

"Come on, Inoue. You don't recognize my voice?" He teases.

"Should I?" She glares.

There's a weird sound that he can't describe. Ichigo glances to the body pile to see that Inoue's healing shield just dismissed itself. She was stalling to heal their friends from their unconsciousness.

"I suppose my voice did get deeper," he sighs.

He releases her defense fairy, and it quickly retreats to Inoue. Their friends get back up to surround him in a kill circle. He puts his hands on his hips, ready to give up the charade. It's no fun when they can't figure out who he is.

"Wait!"

Ichigo's heart freezes at the sound of her voice. He whips around to watch her descend to the ground. She lands inside the kill circle.

"Rukia, what are you doing?" Mizuiro shouts.

"Get out of there!" Keigo adds.

"Is it really you?" Rukia whispers to him. "We caught record of your Reiatsu in the Soul Society. It was in this area, and here you are, right in front of me."

Even with the distance between them, he can still hear her perfectly fine. Ichigo studies her. The last months have not been kind. Rather her pearly color, her skin is an unhealthy pale, and the bags under her eyes are almost as purple as her irises. She looks frail and weak. Her uniform is disheveled with lack of attention, and her eyes betray her loneliness.

Ichigo is glad his charade caught the Soul Society's attention. That was the point of doing this in the first place. Well, also to see Rukia and how well his friends have adapted without him, but he knew they would be fine regardless. He's mostly here for Rukia.

"Yes," he finally answers.

"Show me," she orders.

Ichigo chuckles. "Mom won't like it, but how can I refuse you?"

No one comments on his statement about his mom from the lack of understanding. He reaches for his plain mask and pulls it off, followed by his hood. His friends gasp.

"Ichigo," Rukia murmurs.

"Yo." He waves.

She rushes to him. Her arms wrap around his torso, and she buries her face into the junction between his shoulder and chest. He really hopes his European casual wear isn't causing her discomfort. He pulls her closer into his arms with a small laugh of relief and joy.

"I love you," she weeps.

His heart clenches in both warmth and pain. He keeps an arm around her, and uses a free hand to wipe what he can of her tears away.

"I love you, too," he proclaims.

Ichigo leans down to cup her face and kiss her cheek. They stand there in the gawking audience embracing each other. Neither one has felt so at peace in months.

"I missed you," he tells her, wrapping her up into a tighter embrace.

"I thought you were dead," she replies.

"I am dead, technically," he corrects.

"But I thought you were dead dead. Just gone. Urahara thought maybe your soul evaporated with Aizen's. It was the only explanation why we couldn't find you," Rukia shakes her head.

Her tears have mostly stopped by now. There is still the occasional tear that makes its escape, yet Ichigo manages to wipe them away before they get too far down her face.

"Rukia, my mother found me."

"What?"

"She took me to her home in the afterlife. I told her what happened, that I had to find out for myself what I am, and she refused to let me leave until I understood what it meant to be a Quincy. She was protecting me by showing me how to protect myself," he explains.

"That's why we couldn't find you?"

"I'm sorry, Rukia. I tried to get here as fast as she would allow me. I never meant to cause you pain."

"I doesn't matter now. You've come back to me."

He smiles at her with the warmth of the sun. He takes her hands in his as he mentally prepares himself for what he's about to say next.

"Rukia, there's something else I need to tell you," Ichigo starts.

"Yes?"

"My mother. She's... uh, how do I say this?"

"Hell's Queen?" Rukia quirks an eyebrow.

He gapes like a fish out of water. "How did you know?"

"Nii-sama and Captain Ukitake went looking for you. They said they were trying to seek an audience with Queen Masaki. Once I heard she has orange hair, I kinda connected the rest of the dots," she says sheepishly.

"Are you fucking serious?"

"Sorry," she laughs.

"Well, I was going to say after that was I only went to Hell because I'm a Quincy, and it's not because of what happened in Las Noches."

"What? Quincys go to Hell?" Uryū exclaims.

"Oh, hey. I forgot you guys were here."

"Kurosaki!" The Quincy irks.

"Quincys go to Hell because their ability to destroy souls. On the bright side, they live pretty good afterlives regardless if it's in Hell or not. Like, Uryū, I met our grandmother. She's fucking terrifying. Like, worse than your dad and Captain Unohana in one."

"You met grandma?"

"Yeah!"

"Ichigo, let's stay on topic, please," Rukia requests.

"Yes, my love. What else do you want to know?"

"For one, what makes you think you can call me that?" Rukia mumbles with a thick, hot blush across her face. It leaves Ichigo breathless.

"To see the cute look on your face when it makes you blush."

She bats him in the arm half-heartedly, but keeps her one hand in his. She grips tight on his bigger hand, and all he can feel is her icy fingertips numb his nerves. It oddly enough brings warmth to his Hollow heart.

"Fine."

"What's the second thing?"

"If your mom is Hell's Queen, does that make you Hell's Heir?"

He grins. "Perhaps. Why?"

"Because I need someone to marry."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm going to get married off, and there's no way the council will let me marry someone without benefits. So, you would be perfect."

Ichigo holds his hand up to ask a question, but no words come out. He has no argument. What is he supposed to say to that? No? Why the fuck would he say no to Rukia? About anything?

"This is kinda sudden. You could at least buy me dinner before you propose," he jokes.

"Ichigo," she sighs. "If I get married off to the wrong person there's a good chance I won't get to be a Shinigami anymore. I'll just be some housewife to a man I don't know or love."

Fuck. Well, he kinda wanted to take things slow with Rukia, and get a chance to catch up with everyone - especially his sisters. Maybe he can just court her for a while? He's going to have to ask how that works later.

On the other hand, Rukia not being a Shinigami is basically illegal. The ginger can't let someone take her career away like that. Plus, Rukia can't cook for shit, so Ichigo would be saving this stranger the hassle. Everyone wins.

"Shit, when are you supposed to get married?" He finally says.

"You wanna find out?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 47 28
Once, I was the Captain of the Tenth Division - talented, celebrated, and beloved. How could I have known that I was part of a conspiracy, a pawn in...
19.7K 932 60
Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN BLEACH CREDITS GO TO TITE KUBO~SENSEI~~<3 Yuuki is a bright, cheerful, compassionate girl. She lived with her family in a hi...
237K 7.8K 56
Cherī Zaraki is an average teenager.. At least that's what everybody else thinks of her. Cherī is actually a Soul Reaper. Her parents are Kisuke Urah...
4.5K 115 29
-Note: Arc is Arrancar Arc- Yuri Kurosaki, cousin to Ichigo Kurosaki, has learnt something about Aizen Sosuke's plan. Something devastating. As he a...