Entwined with love

By the_elysian_writer

Arinya Young is a 24 year old woman and one gem of a person. She is humble, extremely gorgeous and a remarkab... More

Author's Note
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-47
Chapter-48
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Chapter-56
Chapter-57
Chapter-58

Chapter-46

4.8K 172 12
By the_elysian_writer

Ashton's POV

It's been almost three weeks ever since Arinya told me all about her past. Her confession truly made me admire her more for the brave woman that she is. Well, truth be told I definitely was intensely shaken up inside to know her treacherous journey. I wondered if only the thought of what she went through broke a major chunk of something inside me, what must've been on her mind constantly when she was dealing with that all alone. I have so much respect for this woman and she has earned it on her own.

I adore the fact that despite of having such a troubled past, she still believes that there's still goodness left in the world. She strongly feels that because of what all happened to her, it contributed to shape her into who she is today and what she strongly stands for.

I couldn't be more grateful to my stars for having landed her in my life. She's wholly capable of conquering anything she puts her heart into. I want to give her all the love, happiness and warmth that she deserves and of course pampering her every chance I get.
I love her and I want to protect her from any evil. I want that divine smile of hers perpetually intact to her lips.

I want to see her fulfilling all her dreams and oh yes, I surely want to kill those bastards for what they made her sail through. Just sparing a thought at them makes my blood boil but I do know that everything can't be handled by rage.

I was sitting in my office chair. There was a knock on the door. Miss Rose entered with a folder in one hand and a cup of coffee in another.

"Good morning Sir, here's your coffee." She placed the cup on the coaster, already sitting on the desk.

"Good morning." I replied while working on my laptop.

"Your lawyer sent over these legal papers this morning." 
I looked up and she handed over the file to me.

"Great." I answered and flipped through the pages.

"I need a copy of these sent to my penthouse by evening."
I informed her once I was thorough with the contents of the folder.

"Sure Sir." She said and left the room.

I had been working on something really important over the past two weeks and finally it worked out the way I wanted. I was beyond thrilled at the moment. It felt as if some weight got lifted off my chest. 

I sighed and recalled that I had to call mom. I picked up my phone and called her.

"Hi honey." Mom answered.

"Hey mom." I replied and asked about hers and Dad's well being first. Later I informed her about the success of this important thing I had been working on.

"I am so happy and proud of you." She said happily.

"I guess, it's a massive sign."
I mumbled and she understood the hint behind my words.

"Are you sure son?"
Mom and Dad both asked in unison. She must have put the phone on speaker.

"Never been more sure of anything."
I replied, smiling faintly at the context of our conversation.

"God bless you, my child."
Mom whispered emotionally. Dad too praised me and gave me his blessings.

I talked to them for a while more. Once I was done with my phone call, I stood up from my chair and strode towards Arinya's cabin.

Although as happy as I was due to this success but I was feeling equally guilty for not being able to spend time with Arinya due to my tight schedule. I needed to talk to her today. Despite of being in the same workplace, we only met for as many times as I can count on one hand for past around fifteen days. I mostly used to be out for meetings but she always managed to keep a check on me through short calls or text messages. However, that woman is way too understanding but this thing was eating me alive. So, I am hoping to make it upto her tonight.

I entered her cabin noiselessly.  She was busy with her work and didn't notice my presence at all. I peacefully gazed at her for a minute. A pen was stuck in her hair to hold the messy bun which added a sexier hint to her aura.

"Arinya." I whispered, startling her.

"Oh hi." She looked up immediately.

"How are you?"
I asked and walked upto the foot of her desk. It felt so weird asking that but it had been a while I checked up on her so it automatically slipped.

"I am doing fine but you seem exhausted. You must rest Ashton."
She replied and came ahead to stand inches apart from me.

"Don't worry, I am feeling great."
I replied and she frowned in disagreement.

"Do you have any plans tonight?" I asked.

"Not really, why?" She gaped at me.

"Would you like to go on a date with your fiance?" I asked playfully.

"Um..can't say no to the fiance."
She giggled at her own response.

"I'll pick you up at 7."
I said and pecked her lips lightly.

"Alright." She whispered and the light blush flushed her cheeks.

"By the way, where are we going?" She asked.

"You'll know." I stated.

"You and your surprises."
She muttered dramatically and I chuckled at her cuteness.

I walked out of her cabin right after to manage the arrangements for dinner. I informed Miss Rose to clear out my evening schedule and to make reservations at a certain restaurant. I also had to fake-threaten her not to utter out anything in front of Arinya, just in case.

The afternoon went by quickly due to consecutive lined-up meetings. By the time I got free, it was already six in the evening. I left for my penthouse to freshen up and get ready for the date. I was extremely excited but I could also feel an unusual sense of nervousness clinging on to my subconscious.

After dressing up in party casuals and getting done with my overall looks and grooming department, I hurriedly took off from my penthouse. I drove to Arinya's place and exhaled a deep breath once I stepped at her doorstep. I rang the doorbell and her friend, Elle answered the door.

"Oh um hi, I mean good evening Sir."
She stuttered, definitely dicy about the level professionalism she must show.

"Good evening." I greeted back.

"Uh actually Arinya is nearly finished, she'll be downstairs in about five minutes."
She politely offered.

"It's completely alright. I'll just wait in the car." I replied.

"No no, please come in." She offered nervously.

"It's really fine." I answered.

"I insist,..Sir." She insisted.

I entered their apartment and it was quite decent and greatly organised. She showed me to the living room and gestured me to have a seat on the couch.

"Would you like to have anything,... Sir?" She sure was having a tough time internally keeping up personal and professional decorum maintained towards her boss who came to pick up her best friend to go on a date.

"No but thanks for offering." I replied.

Minutes later, Arinya descended the stairs which was clearly visible from the living room. She was wearing the same dress that I got delivered here about an hour and a half ago.

To say she looked attractive, that sure would be an understatement. Actually, now I have just made peace with the fact that she cannot look a measure below perfection even in her worst moments. I don't know how is this possible but it is. Well, who am I to complain, I just love every bit of it and the fact that I get to call this remarkable beauty mine.

"God I am really sorry, you had to wait." She said as she stepped down from the last stair.

"It's all worth." I made my way towards her and placed a sweet kiss on her forehead.

We heard a sound of someone clearing their throat and it came from Arinya's friend who was standing behind us. Hearing that made Arinya look away from both of us and she terribly failed at trying to suppress the shy smile making an appearance on her lips.

I too cleared my throat and spoke looking at Arinya and she nodded.
"I guess, we'll just be on our way now."

"Thanks for inviting me in Miss Grace." I thanked her and she replied with a "Pleasure, Sir."

She stepped ahead, kissed Arinya's cheek and mumbled a very low "Have fun" in a very mischievous tone which I heard.

We exited the apartment and I held the passenger door open for Arinya. I rounded the car and marched towards the driving seat when she settled in comfortably. I immediately started driving and just a few moments later, I could feel a burning gaze on me from the one sitting beside me.

I knew what was to come now.

"What part of STOP SPOILING ME WITH SO MANY GIFTS do you really not understand? Huh?"
She taunted referring to her dress.

"What part of LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT NOW do you not understand? Huh?"
I shot back smartly.

"Ashton..." She said in a tiring voice.

"Arinya..." I mimicked in the same tone.

"What does a woman has to do to make a valid point noticeable in here?"
She complained dramatically using hand gestures.

"Oh I have got a solution for you."
She raised an eyebrow at me, indicating me to continue.

"A kiss on the lips would do the trick."
I shrugged casually and she gaped at me in utter disbelief.

"Be more shameless please." She whispered which made me laugh.

"Anyway, you look swoon-worthy."
I said and she looked at me from the corner of her eyes. She sighed.

"Thank you" She smiled and continued.
"I--I really appreciate all your loving gestures and thoughtful gifts."

I intertwined her fingers with mine and kissed the back of her hand my bringing it closer to my lips.

"But you have got to stop it seriously." She ordered sternly.

"That's one thing I won't listen to anyhow so it'd be better if you get used to it."
I reasoned and she mumbled "Holy Lord" under her breath.

We reached our venue and I passed the keys to the valet. It was a luxury restaurant. Both of us stepped out and she seemed a bit uneasy.

"Feeling okay?" I asked and placed my hand on the small of her back.

"Yeah." She smiled slightly.

"Let's go then." I said and we headed inside.

The senior manager came and shook my hand.

"Good evening Mr. King. We're pleased to have you here."
He exclaimed and I passed a curt smile.

"Hello Ma'am."
He then shook Arinya's hand and she too returned a polite smile.

"The arrangements have been made according to your preference Mr King. We hope you have a great time."
He informed and I nodded.

He called for a staff member who escorted us to our private dining area. I specifically told Miss Rose to make a private reservation at the terrace area.

I guess, we both have a "eating at the terrace" thing. It kind of feels really calm and peaceful. The arrangement looked stupendously romantic but very subtle at the same time. Slow music also played in the background which added to the mood of the night. The dim lights and moonlight complimented each other very attractively.

"It's turned our thing to dine under stars and moonlight, isn't it"
She whispered imaging my exact thought and I couldn't help but gaze at her fondly.

"It sure is."
I said while pulling out a chair for her. She sat and I then went around the table to sit.

"This is stunning. Thank you."
She said while looking around at every little detail. I just winked at her.

"Shall we order?" I asked.

"Yes please." I chuckled at her reaction and rang the bell for the waiter to arrive.

The waiter came and took our orders. He returned after a while with our food until we talked about random stuff. We started eating but what felt more fulfilling at the moment was to see her eat contently. She saw me looking at her and felt confused.

"I--is something wrong? Do I have anything on my face?"
She felt self-conscious and started dabbing the tissue on her face.

"No," I guffawed.
"It's just--I am too lucky." I whispered seriously and she still looked confused.

"Let's finish the food."
I told her and we then ate in a comfortable silence. That feeling of nervousness was again starting to make an appearance.

Now it was time for dessert and somehow the climax.

I took out a small card from my suit jacket and cautiously slid it inside the menu card booklet while she was busy admiring the night sky.

"Hey why don't you choose the dessert order for the both of us."
I said diverting her attention towards me.

"Oh uh yeah sure."
She replied and I passed the menu booklet to her.

She opened the booklet in a slight slant position. Much to my dismay, the card slid down from the booklet and landed on her lap. She too couldn't catch a glimpse of that as her phone pinged at the same time which caught her attention.
Damn you, whoever messaged her.

She then took a quick look at the menu and placed the dessert order. I was internally cursing my fate when the dessert arrived. She could notice my weird expressions so I flipped back to my signature calm look.

After we were done with dinner, I asked for the bill. I wondered how hasn't she observed something lying on her lap yet. When the waiter came with the bill, I saw it as the perfect opportunity to point that.

"Ari, what's that on your lap?" I asked as if I had no clue of that.

"Wh--Oh, what's this?"
She looked down and got a bit puzzled to see a card lying on her lap. I intentionally busied myself in the bill settlement just then. She held the card in her hand and my heartbeat picked up the pace. The waiter left once I was done with the payment and it was again just the two of us.

She was perplexed at first but when understanding made it's way to her mind, her face indicated a severe shock. I couldn't decide whether to expect a good reaction or a bad one considering her extremely neutral shocked face.

Her eyes were fixed on the card for god knows how long. She finally decided to move her head upwards and look me in the eye. I scratched my stubble and my expressions were screaming
"I am seriously hoping for you to say something, anything?"

"I...Ashton" She stuttered in a very low voice and stopped.

___________________________________________

Thank you so much for reading.
Do let me know your views in the comment section and in case you like the chapter, then do hit the Vote icon below.
Lots of love to you!!❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

992K 23K 43
"You are not going there and that's the end of our conversation." He yelled while tightening his grip on my wrist. I tried to free my wrist but no av...
147K 5.4K 43
Book 1 of Fabulous Four series He believes in living in the moment. She wants everything planned. He believes love is one's strength. She believes i...
32.1K 1.1K 49
Annie Winston , a 23 year old sweet, innocent and a smart girl who has been having issues in her life. She believes true love doesn't exist anymore...
9.5K 214 44
When They Kennedy is accused of dating the billionaire for his money, she finds other means to take care of her sick mother. And that includes workin...