RWBY: Upholding the Mission

By AgentOChaos

"Well....This is new." "Pilot, I detect sarcasm." An SRS Pilot, Sergeant (Y/N) (L/N), and his Vanguard Class... More

The Pilot and his Titan
Prologue: World Folding in on Itself
Chapter One: One Helluvah First Impression
Chapter Two: Back to School Sale
Chapter Three: Schools In
Chapter Four: Team Counseling
Chapter 5: Ass-kicking of the Century
Chapter Six: Rising Up in Forever Fall
Chapter Seven: Growing a Pair
*Filler: Different Caliber, Same Use
Chapter Eight: Headache
Volume Finale: World Unfolding
Volume Epilogue: Understanding
Volume Two Ch. One: Unfair Advantage
Volume Two Ch. Two: Scheming Up
*Filler: Two Sides, Same Coin
Volume Two Ch. Three: Not So Keikaku
Volume Two Ch. Four: Up in Flames
#Filler: One Spicy Boi
Volume Two Ch. Five: Distress Vs Destress
Volume Two Ch. Seven: Night to Remember
*Filler: Comfort in the Cold
Volume Two Ch. Eight: In the Shadow
Volume Two Ch. Nine: Let the Hunt Begin
Vol. Two Ch. Ten: Holed Up
Vol. Two Ch. Eleven: Right in Their Faces
Vol. Two Finale: Frontier Defense
*Filler: Right Fit
*Filler: Lunch Break
Vol. Three Ch. One: Let the Fight, Begin!
Vol. Three Ch. Two: Lover's Quarrel
Vol. Three Ch. Three: Blessings
Vol. Three Ch. Four: Congratulations, Love
Vol. Three Ch. Five: Who I Truly Am
*Filler: Breaking the Ice
Vol. Three Ch. Six: Scorched Earth
Vol. Three Ch. Seven: A Courier's Hopes
Vol. Three Ch. Eight: Rendezvous
Vol. Three Ch. Nine: Remnants
Vol. Three Finale: Echoes of the Past
Vol. Three Epilogue: Rude Awakening

Volume Two Ch. Six: What I'm Worth

4.1K 77 111
By AgentOChaos

~First Person~

"Y-Yang! I can't hold it any longer!"

"Just a little more~! An——nd~ done!"

Letting out a deep breath, I yelped out as I fell towards the hard floor of the Amphitheater, now Ball Room. Usually I'd soften my landing with my jump-kit but, Yang had me hang midair with it so she could place some party streamers on the ceiling. So naturally all my boost was out. Tucking in my body, I rolled along the floor with a heavy grunt before smacking into the side of a table. A table that was inhabited by Ruby as she stared into space with her chin in her hands. She's been like this since yesterday. Told me it was because Blake had been stressing out over the White Fang and IMC. White Fang more but, it still made her feel intense frustration. My situation was almost like hers yet, mine was based more off how many of these fuckers do I have to drop before dropping whoever was in charge of this Remnant Fleet. I know they're remnants. Pretty sure they know it too.

Recovering off the ground, Weiss arrived at the table and slammed two pieces of table cloth down in front of us. Making Ruby and I jump as I fixed my helmet onto my belt. Looking at Weiss, she wore a huge smile that I've seen a couple of times.

"Perfect! Two opinions! I need you to chose a table cloth!"

To the regular untrained, and blissfully ignorant to the sheer fuck-ton of different yet, exact color shades, eyes? These two looks exactly the same. Something that made Ruby confused with a cocked eyebrow as she eyed the two of them.

"Aren't they both the same?"

Wrong. Weiss gained a small scowl that made me chuckle.

"I don't even know why I asked!"

"Exactly! Ruby, my sweet lovable Rose bud, they seem the same. But one is matte and the other is flat. I say go with the matte!"

"I had the same thoughts! Thank you, (Y/N)."

Soon after, Ruby's head would drop back down onto the table as Weiss left with a small glare towards Ruby. Probably because she couldn't tell the difference between matte and flat. Ironic give Weiss is one of them. Oh thank you internal thoughts for allowing me to say that without being frozen. Yang casually walked over holding a large speaker system. One that she dropped right behind Ruby as the table, myself and Ruby all jumped as a result of her dropping it down. Approaching us, she would waft her hands.

"Thanks for the help, (Y/N)."

"No problem. I'll send you my med bill later."

Chuckling out, we'd give one another a nice little fist bump before she turned towards Ruby.

"So! Did you pick out a dress yet?"

"What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going...? At least with Pilot it's understandable."

"Nobody wants to see a military guy dancing. Trust me. Seen far too many...'confident' people do that...God I'll never get that image of Gates dancing out of my head..."

With a shudder, I'd look down to Ruby and frown softly before holding out my hand. Placing it on her shoulder to reassure or comfort her, it still made her perk up a bit as I saw her face tense up softly as if smiling. However, Yang would chuckle and grin.

"Oh don't worry. She's going-Weiss! I thought we agreed! No doilies!"

"If I don't have doilies, you don't have fog machines!"

"No fog ma-!? You brute! Yang! Do something!"

"Woah. Your dance is gonna have fog machines?"

~Third Person~

Just then, Neptune Vasillas and Sun Wukong would enter the Ball Room as the sight would make the Pilot's face scrunch up a bit and look away as Weiss then walked up softly towards Neptune. Her opinion towards the fog machines simply changed in an instant.

"We were thinking about it!"

This would only make the Pilot grunt out softly. Something that Yang noticed as she would watch Weiss interact with Neptune.

"That's cool."

"So, you ladies and Pilot all excited to play dress up?"

"Wow...just when I thought you couldn't get lamer."

"Pfft. Yeah right."

The Pilot's comment would earn him an offended yet, playful look from Sun that made him grin and shake his head softly. Meanwhile, Ruby's enthusiasm couldn't be anything less, as the now coined term, "blakey." Her sister would interject with a cocky smile that made Weiss turn to her and glare at her. Or more specifically her chest.

"Say and laugh all you want. I'll be turning heads tomorrow~!"

"Hopefully you turn mine just a li——ittle bit more. Just enough so a snap can ring out."

Yang would shoot (Y/N) a scowl that made him snicker and wink at Yang. One that admittedly made her soon smile softly with a shake of her head. This interaction made Weiss feel a bit...iffy. So, quickly to take the attention away from Yang, she whipped around to Sun and Neptune.

"So! What you two be wearing?"

"Uh. This~!"

"Ignore him. For he knows not of what he says."

"I don't know. I sort prefer a unbutton shirt to a buttoned shirt and tux."

This made Sun yell out "see" as he then slipped up from behind Neptune. Speaking only after giving the Pilot a fist.

"See!? Somebody knows what I'm talking about! Besides! I may moves from Mistral but, I grew up in Vacuo. It's not exactly a shirt and tie kind of place."

"...Yeah. We've noticed."

"You do you, man. All I need is just me, my Wingman and Athena for a good time....and some grimm...Oi, Athena? Send a message to Ozpin and ask him if we can head on over the forest to rip the place apart."

"PILOT, I ADVISE NOT TO VANDALIZE EMERALD FOREST. HOWEVER, I FEEL AS THOUGH WE NEED THE TRAINING. SENDING PROFESSOR OZPIN A MESSAGE...MESSAGE SENT."

The girls were unimpressed with Sun's efforts to justify his attire preferences yet, the fact the Pilot was speaking with Athena was a nice thing for them to witness. Makes it known that his connection with Athena is more than just man and robot. Right after, Sun grew a bit nervous as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"So uhm...What does Blake think of all this? Is she still being all...y'know...'Blakey?'"

"Hah! Trust me. Blakey is now officially less than what she's going through."

"Yeah. What Pilot said. Obviously."

"Daww. Ish Weisshy angy dat I shtole hew line?"

Weiss sent a growl and red blush towards (Y/N) as he simply chuckled with his fist to his mouth. Still, Ruby was bummed out about all that was occurring.

"I still can't come up with a way to get her to go..."

"Guys, trust me. She will go..."

Yang intercepted as she then left to go deal with the local stray cat problem as the Pilot looked at the group. In specific, Weiss and Neptune before turning away with a soft chuckle.

"I'm not going. So no need to worry-"

"What!? Why not?!"

"Military personality, duh. I ain't ever gone to a dance and probably will never like I said before. I dance with death...and her friend she gives me from time to time. Luck. They're twins, by the way. Should introduce you."

(Y/N) tried to reassure the group as to why he wasn't going and, even though Sun laughed, he walked up to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulder. Making the young Pilot cock an eyebrow as the monkey faunus led him to the door that Yang had left open. Outside, numerous students were heading back from class in teams or friend groups. A considerable amount of these students were female yet, that played no role in the fact (Y/N) slipped his helmet on his head. The visor glowing the blue that it is well known to during his numerous fights.

"Then think about it being a dance with death yet, less shooty shoot and more steppy step. You have the step part down. You're super fast, man! Besides, you have one issue I've noticed!"

"And that is-?"

"You don't have a date! You need a date if you were to go to the Dance, man! Going without a date is like going into the Emerald Forest without your Robo-Gal! Sure you may be able to handle yourself but, it doesn't feel the same! Also helps even the odds! Hey, girls! My buddy here doesn't have a date for the Dance! Who wants to accompany him!?"

"Don't yell it out like an auction-!"

As (Y/N) went to pull away from Sun, a good amount of the students traveling back from their classes would look on. Making (Y/N) groan out as he turned a deep red under his helmet as his shoulders raised a bit before the laughter of Weiss rang out behind them. Looking over at the table they stood at, (Y/N) was now able to stare on as much as he wanted to. Noting Weiss's smile and laughter, they seemed genuine and even Ruby was somewhat perked up from before with the source of that being Neptune. Lighting taking Sun's arm off his shoulder, the Pilot would take the moment to take off his helmet and give Sun a soft smile.

"I'm serious...I've seen and witnessed stuff many of you wouldn't understand or even dare to think of. And sadly enough? All that happiness that y'all get to have is...something I can't. I don't mean to sound depressing but when it comes down to it? There is only so much that I can handle before feeling like this home...isn't really mine. Thanks for caring though. Hope Blake finally accepts to go to the dance and with you."

With that, (Y/N) turned to leave as Sun would try to get a second word out yet, he was then cut off by the laughter behind him. Making him turn around to see Weiss and Neptune talking as Ruby still sat at the table in silence. However, when he turned around, the Pilot was now half way across the courtyard as he then let out a sigh. However...someone else heard his little speech about his limit for happiness. Someone...fiery.

~First Person~

That life...I ain't cut out for it. I know better than that. Opening the door to my room, I was met with Athena staring at me as her singular eye then focused on me. Walking over to my weapon arsenal, I would grab what was my Kraber and a few other gadgets like 'nades, stars and best yet? A tick.

"Athena? Did he respond?"

"YES. BUT HE ADVISED NOT TO CAUSE AN INCONSIDERATE AMOUNT OF DAMAGE TO THE FOREST."

"Perfect. Then lets go."

"PILOT, I ADVISE WE DO NOT GO IN YOUR CURRENT MINDSET-"

I'd listen to Athena talk as I climbed out of my window and onto her top hatch. Instead of slipping into the cockpit like I would, I just sat myself down onto it. Like back on Typhon and my regular patrols with the SRS on other missions.

"-STUDIES SHOW THAT ACTING ON YOUR EMOTIONS CAN LEAD TO SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES."

"I know. Which is why I'm taking you and taking them out on grimm. After all, that is what I promised before right? Remember?"

"INDEED, PILOT. YET I FIND IT CONCERNING HOW YOUR BRAINWAVE PATTERNS AND BLOOD PRESSURE ARE HIGH. I SUGGEST YOU DESTRESS FIRST."

"Which is why I'm sitting on your hatch. Now let's go. Still gotta study...ugh..."

Without further word, Athena would soon begin to make way towards what was the Emerald Forest via the cliff. Yet we had to cut through the outer edge of the campus so we could get there. Something I wish we had avoided because not long after, I heard a lustrous set of giggling that made me cock my helmeted head in the direction it came from. Just to see none other than Cinder leaning out of a window that we were passing.

"Mm~ I like the ride. How many miles can it go?"

Admittedly...this actually got a nice chuckle out of me as I shook my head softly. Patting Athena, she would focus on me before looking to Cinder.

"MY CHASSIS ALLOWS ME TO MOVE UP TO SPEEDS OF FORTY-EIGHT-POINT-THREE KILOMETERS PER HOUR, MISS FALL. WALKING ALLOWS BUT A MERE TEN KILOMETERS."

"In other words, not that fast. But damn does she make up for it in looks. Hear this baby purr!"

"PILOT, I AM NOT AN INFANT CHILD. NOR CAN MY VOICE MODULE REPLICATE THE SOUNDS OF A FELINE PURRING FOR THEY RESONATE PURRS IN THEIR THROATS."

I expected this to further make Cinder giggle yet, I didn't expect her to let out a small laugh that actually made me smile under my helmet. Something that felt like it was missing...still when she calmed down, she would look at me with a hint of...concern.

"So, Mister Pilot-?"

"(Y/N). You can call me (Y/N). Sounds less badass but rolls off the tongue better."

"(Y.../N....)...I actually quite like that name. It fits you. But I was going to ask...may I wonder where you're heading off to?"

Turning around, Cinder would strut back into her team's dorm room as she then looked over her shoulder. Giving me the type of look that I should follow her yet, I surprised myself when I got up and walked along Athena's extended arm towards the window. Hopping onto the windowsill, I peered in to see none other than Emerald and Mercury sitting on the floor as well as bed. In that order. Although the moment they saw me, they yelled out and sprang ip onto their feet. A mistake Mercury followed through with since he then let out a loud yelp as Cinder grabbed something from her desk before heading back up to me.

"Woah! Easy there. I ain't no home invader. Although I can be. Need some stuff robbed?"

I joked...a bit. The stealth segment of the SRS is a bit..."loose" in meaning.

"W-What are you-!?"

"You two hold down the fort while I'm away. Pilot here and myself will be going out on a...joyride~"

Ahooga. Walking past me, she would brush her hand past my shoulder I blinked from underneath my helmet. Looking at Mercury, I saw the tension in his eyes as I sheepishly chuckle before holding up a peace sign.

"S-Sorry about, y'know. Sort lost myself. School stress and what not. Hope you get better though!"

He would simply wave at me as I followed after Cinder before watching how nimbly she walked across Athena's arm. Using my jump-kit to leap over her and onto Athena's hatch, she would let out a small yelp before looking at me with a glare that soon turned into a small smile. Even adding in a giggle that really contrasted how...attractive she is. Holding out my hand to her, I helped her jump the gap before we sat down on Athena's hatch yet again. Tapping her chassis as a way for us to continue on.

"To answer your question from earlier, I'm going out to train with Athena."

"MY PILOT AND I WISH TO KEEP OUR COMBAT EFFICIENCY AT A MINIMUM OF NINETY PERCENT. CURRENTLY, WE ARE AT NINETY-ONE."

"I see...now that's what worries me. What was it that you said? 'There is only so much that I can handle before feeling like this home isn't really mine?'"

What...Hearing her say this, I froze up a bit as I then went and removed my helmet from my head so I can see her face to face.

"I-I...what...?"

"Yes. You did say that. I am...worried. Worried you may hurt yourself. Or worse."

"W-Well, you don't have to worry about that. That's my own demon to conquer."

"I see..."

Cinder looked ahead as I did the same before I suddenly felt her lean against me as I flinched a bit before looking at her. Even despite the fact of what I said. That happiness isn't mine, something she definitely heard, here she was.

"Grimm are attracted to negative emotions. Of course, you know that already. You're as sharp as your aim. I've seen it. You attack and you don't miss. So, what makes you think you can't have, say, a date to the dance?"

"I...Cinder, look, from where I come from? Happiness was ripped away from me. I never was able to experience that in the first place. The most happiness I've had was basically someone who was like a mother too me. And somebody who is my bestfriend. That's you, Athena."

Patting her chassis, I know for a fact that Athena liked that.

"So...you feel as though the world ripped away your happiness? Forcing you to be who you are today?"

"Well. Yeah but-"

"But what? Afraid what society may tell you? Afraid of whether or not you can have that happiness simply because of who you are? Even though it made you who you are in the first place? Listen when I say, you can have everything in the world that you want. And then some. Have your cake and eat it too. No matter what."

No matter...what...? The day mom...sold me to the IMC, I haven't had a single piece of peace. The moments I did? They had some ulterior motive. Me and the 6-4 in a bar? We were hanging out to blend in so we could find an IMC Pilot. Wargames? Training. So, the fact I can have that here if I just squeezed my hand enough so that way Cinder can know how I feel about her. Attracted to her...That ain't me. If I truly...I'll be there no matter what. With my 40-tonne death meachine by my side.

"Cinder? I don't need all that. I just need...life. It's what I've fought for my better half of life. To survive. I don't hold a grudge against the world. Because I know who exactly to blame. And when the time comes? I'll be a force of divine intervention. Let them come to me..."

"PILOT, WE HAVE ARRIVED."

"Cinder? Thanks. I mean it. Thank you for showing me what I really need in life. Just that. Life."

I would turn to Cinder and place my hands on her shoulders as I gave her a large genuine smile. I guess I caught her off guard because she would flinch and turn a deep red before I simply stood up after letting her go. Walking along Athena's open arm, she must have read my mind as to how I was going to approach this new obstacle. The Emerald Forest wasn't just a way for me to release steam anymore but, me cutting down those demons I have. Or better yet...shooting soft-ball sized holes through them as I held my Kraber in my hands. Slipping on my helmet, I chuckled.

"Cinder! If I see you in the Ball? I promise to give you my first dance. Athena? Fire the cannon ball!"

"MISS FALL, I WILL ESCORT YOU BACK TO YOUR DORM ROOM. FOR RIGHT NOW? PLEASE HOLD ON."

~Third Person~

As Cinder grabbed onto Athena's chassis, she would witness the giant robot reel its arm back before the Pilot took his helmet off for a brief moment. Flashing Cinder a grin and wink before immediately dropping the helmet back on as the Titan let her arm pitch her Pilot's being forward into the air as he let out a-

"YE————EHA——————AW, SPACE COWBOY!"

Cinder could only watch in a mix of shock at how his robot companion just threw him like a soft-ball and confusion as to what a "Space Cowboy" was. However, she couldn't help but just see a small glint of who he truly was. She definitely made note of his offer, though.

~First Person~

Fucking Yeehaw, Athena! Soaring through the air, I could feel the air currents shake up my helmet in a messed ip form of air turbulence. Looking down at the approaching tree canopy, I quickly let my eyes scan over the before I remembered the day of initiation. Simple, get launched into the forest, move back to the cliff in one piece. Of course, RWBY and JNPR definitely made the one piece thing difficult with the destruction of the ruined cliff temple. Hopefully that wasn't some piece of ancient Remnant history location. If so? Lord have mercy on us.

Letting my legs get tucked in, I prepared as I held my Kraber with my right hand and my left hand readying itself. Once I was at a nice enough angle, I shot my grappling hook out of my gauntlet. Letting it soar through the air before imbedding itself into a tree as I finally whipped my body around in a heavy arc with a roar. With my jump-kit, I'd add more momentum as the line finally let itself go as I zoomed forward across the forest floor. This is gonna be rough to clean out of my pants's kneepads and pantlegs. Immediately though, I tucked my legs up and turned my body around in time to crack a Kraber round into what was behind me. A Beowolf. Watching that huge ball opening get punched through its body, I grinned as I rolled so that way I could cushion my body. Springing onto my feet, I looked around as I racked the bolt back to see it was completely dark here. I'm playing in their ballpark and with a blindfold while they can see in the dark. I like these odds.

Hearing a twig snap behind me, I whipped around as my hand held a firestar in it. Flinging at the ground in front of me, a kiddie-pool sized puddle of thermite flames would illuminate the surrounding area as I was met face-to-face with the Alpha that the fledgling Beowolf belonged to...and its other 11 or so siblings...

"I...am so glad I put ricochet rounds this time around-"

Rude prick would roar out to cut me off as I immediately fired off a round from the hip as I saw the silver streak punch right through the Alpha's chest before bouncing off something inside it that made it turn and hit two Beowolves that were to the left of it. Right after, the Beowolves went into a panicked frenzy as their Alpha staggered to stay up since they charged forward. Nine. Switching over to my Wingman, I steadied my aim as I jumped backwards to make some space before pilling the trigger as I gave the body a nice twist since I was now crouching. Hitting two, one bullet each, I clenched my fist in order to activate my phase shift module. Seven. Becoming one with the void, I remembered what a certain humanoid simulacrum told me once upon seeing my phase module.

"Two identical matter particles cannot occupy the same space. Best remember that when you use it, Pilot."

Getting into a power stance, I clenched my fists and pushed my body outwards with a roar as I came back to reality to see bits of Beowolf lying around me. Six. Letting out a disgusted groan, I brought my Wingman up In time to shoot the face off a Beowolf who seemed almost shocked at what occurred. Five. Watching it drop, I would dash forward as the remaining Beowolves and the heavily injured Alpha, rush me. Using the body of the previous Beowolf as a springboard, I leapt into the air as I brought my gauntleted arm up before firing off the grappling hook towards one of them. One in particular would hop out the way yet, let its friend get stuck by it as I grinned under my helmet. With a hard yank towards me, and a roar for added dramatic effect, the big guy on the hook got yanked up towards me as it sideswiped the others like a reverse bowling match.

When it was close to me, I quickly took the pin off a grenade and kicked the poor rigged HellPupper down to its friends. With a loud boom and me covering my face from any grimm debris and shrapnel, three were instantly wiped out by my Escobar inspired gift. Two. And those were the injured Alpha who I simply walked up to as it tried to recover yet, I placed my foot on the back of its neck as it weakly grabbed my leg. With a nice twist and push, a loud and meaty set of snaps run out as it went limp. Looking around, I noticed the one surviving grimm was now fully recovered as it growled at me in hatred.

And I don't blame it. I just made its pack turn into on giant massacre. Now how do I drop this one...Ahah! Holstering my Wingman, I held up balled fists towards the damn thing is it let out a bark before rushing me. My hand slowly made its way behind me before grabbing the case of an A-Wall ahead of just tossing the damn thing front of me after activating it. Watching it slide up to the dashing Beowolf, it then turned on as the Beowolf's face was behind the hardlight cover. The rest of its body behind it as it was now in a complete halt. 3...2...1....on cue, the HellPupper's head would slide down the wall before before the body fell over.

Catching my breath, I'd reload my Kraber alongside Wingman with a new box and cylinder, respectively. Once done, I looked around to catch my bearings. This darkness and the canopy above make it really hard for me to decipher what direction is where.

"Athena? Compass, please and thank you?"

"MARKING YOUR HUD. GOOD LUCK, PILOT."

Smiling under my helmet, it felt nice to be wished good luck by a 40-tonne death machine who actively respects me. Hm. I wonder if that falls under the category of-No time to think as a small blue blip appeared on my Heads Up Display. Continuing on with a light jog, I kept my ears and eyes peeled for eye-glints, movement, minor uneven colors in the foliage, that kind of stuff. But right now? All I saw was dark and the trees in front of me thanks to just how large they were...Now I feel like I'm playing a horror game...

However, that sense got amplified when I suddenly got shouldered by an Ursa Major. Making me yell out as I rolled and tumbled on the ground before finally catching my footing in the process. Looking ahead while panting, the Major charging straight at me as I barely had enough time to dive to the left as I quickly recovered to holster my Kraber. Pulling out my Charge-Rifle instead. If it can work against giant robots, I'm sure it can do even better against fleshy Hell demonspawns. Pulling the trigger down as soon as I got onto my knees, I yelled out as I barely had enough time to lean back. Dodging a wide arc slash that caused my shot from the Charge-Rifle to be shot in the air. Now in front of me stood an Alpha Beowolf-Oh shit!

Yelling out yet again, I activated my phase shift as the Major came barreling at me like a pissed off furry train. Coming out of the void, I winced as I felt my head begin to throb since that was the second time I've used it in a short amount of time. Shooting my grappling hook upwards into the canopy, I zoomed upwards so I can make some distance from these two.

"PILOT, SCANS SHOW YOUR HEART RATE HAS SPIKED YET AGAIN. ARE YOU IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE?"

"Yes!"

"COPY THAT, PILOT. MARKING WAYPOINT TO THE NEAREST CLEARING ON YOUR HUD. STAY ALIVE."

The same blip from earlier appeared just in time for me to jump-boost over to another branch as the Alpha actually jumped ip into the tree with me! The hell!? When did this thing become part of the Wukong Family!? Immediately ducking down to dodge a tackle from the Alpha, it flew right past me yet, hooked its claws into the tree bark before swinging around back at me! These things are acrobatic as hell! Naturally, I got taken aback by the shock of it being an Olympic level gymnastic and that meant I was kicked off the tree canopy and back down below. Yelling out, I activated my jump-kit as much as I could so I could hover in the air as I prepared a Charge-Rifle shot. As expected, the overgrown demonic Smokey was right in front of me as I let my trigger finger spring upwards as its paw was on its way to hit me.

"Fuck off, Smokey."

Right after, I felt the jolt of the Charge-Rifle as the glowing beam hit the bear's chest with enough force that it was sent flying a good ten feet backwards into some trees. That Alpha from earlier would spring down onto me as I yelled out since it was biting down on the muzzle of the Charge-Rifle-Oh hohoho you stupid prick~! Pulling the trigger back as it tried to completely bite through, I grinned as I stared into its red glowing eyes.

"Now play dead."

Releasing it, the familiar beam would shoot out yet, when it was gone? So was the Alpha's head as its body just stood there since it was held in place by my weapon before finally fading all together into ash. Getting up slowly, I heard a familiar yet, strained growl as I let out a pissed off sigh.

"And here I thought it was enough to drop you fully...Sorry, Smokey. But I'm an avid user in Scorch Class when it comes to me and Athena. So, burn up."

Turning around, I was face to distant face with the Ursa Major as a large hole was present through its chest. A hole that glowed orange due to the flesh being scorched completely. Yanking a firestar from my belt, I hurled it right at the mouth of the hole before it activated. Giving this Hell Bear a really bad case of heartburn as it tried to roar out in pain yet, its lungs were most likely filled with iron oxide induced flames.

"Now THATS what I call a spicy meatball!"

"PILOT, THE FIRESTAR IS NOT A FOOD ITEM. IT IS A THROWABLE ORDNANCE FOR PILOTS. ITS PRIMARY USAGE CAUSED BY-"

As I was unimpressed while walking forward, my ears would catch a set of chittering behind me as a shiver went up my spine. Something Athena must have noticed.

"PILOT, I DETECT YOU ARE IN DISTRESS."

"SHIT!"

Putting aside the fact I just cursed! I dove forward as a large stinger barb stuck itself into the ground in front of me. More specifically, in between my legs as possibly the world's worst close encounter. Following it ip the body, I was met with a large Deathstalker that I confirmed to be one when it went back in for a second stab. Yelping out as I dove to the side, I simultaneously activated my grappling hook forward. Zipping away with the help of my jump-kit, I was more than prepared to make this turn into an anime three-D scene!

Hearing the rumbling of the damn thing's footsteps behind me, I cut the line of my grappling hook short so I could sore since the Deathstalker's claw soon came into view underneath me. Making me yelp out as ended up landing on top of its claw before it quickly shook me off in a direction that I didn't not want to go towards. A tree. Since I was perpendicular to the tree, with my feet being first, I activated my jump-kit's thrusters so I could slow down in the air. Which was a good idea because my legs would tuck in upon landing against it. Yet the damn Scorpion King had other ideas as it slammed itself into the base of the tree as I yelped out. Falling down onto the Demon's back feet first, I whipped around in time to duck under its stinger as I even heard the air get sliced past my ear. Bursting forward, I jumped onto its telling and essentially wall-ran along the width before leaping off its tail. Landing with a nice roll, I dashed forward.

"Holy hell! Athena! I just wall-ran a Deathstalker!"

"EN ROUTE TO LOCATION. HANG IN THERE, PILOT-"

A howl came soon after as realization hit me like a freight train. The lone Alpha I killed was alone...by grimm standards, the Alpha is NEVER alone...I caught the small images of two Beowolves running alongside me. Knowing exactly what kind of sandwich I was about to become, I leapt up high into the air with a boost from my jump-kit as the two  slammed into each other. A lot of nice couples around here, huh? Landing back on my feet, I continued to run as I began to see that clearing Athena marked-Wait a second...This seems familiar and is that...? Helicopter Blades? No No...VTOL. VTOL-?

Next came a marker that I was all too familiar with. It was a set of blue rings that spun around with an arrow that burst outwards to show a splash down kind of effect. Not to mention, numbers that was a timer starting from three seconds down. And the cheery on top? It was enough to make me grin like a kid getting a new toy. Which was ironic because this toy was VERY big.

"STANDBY FOR TITANFALL."

~Third Person~

With a giddy set of laughter, (Y/N) ran forward with an almost renewed sense to life as he shot his grappling hook towards the circle. However, halfway across the gap, Athena landed with a loud crash as her chassis took form of the standard post-titanfall position. Yet before the hook could actually hit her chassis, a Beowolf must have caught on what kind of advantage the grappling hook had as it then leapt out from the tree line and grabbed the cord. With a roar, it yanked the line as (Y/N) naturally was whipped towards it with a yelp. A yelp that turned into a growl as he then twirled upside down with the help of his jump-kit before fixing himself so he was now racing towards the Beowolf with a balled right fist. In other words? What will be known as the deadliest superman punch known to mankind.

"Get your crusty paws off my gear!"

As he shot towards the Beowolf, the poor devil hound didn't get a chance to even blink as the Pilot's fist smashed into the front of its snout. Slowing down, it showed that the Beowolf's entire snout was essentially punched in like an old cartoon yet, much more gory. Launching backwards, it would enter what was the bubble surrounding Athena and almost instantly became ash. Soon after, (Y/N) sprinted towards Athena as she stood up in time for her to open up her chassis hatch and snatch the Pilot out of the air as he jumped. Albeit gently despite being a 40-tonne death machine.

"Heya, Athena! Love to see ya here!"

"PLEASURE TO SEE TOO, PILOT."

Lifting the Pilot ip into her cockpit, the hatch would close over a set of familiar light blue rings appeared around the Pilot's arms. He was now in control. And with good timing too as the grimm from before finally burst through the trees to see a 40-tonne murder robot holding an XO-16 Chaingun. From within, the Pilot's voice would ring out.

"Well, Athena? Let's show 'em a good time!"

"PILOT, WHAT WILL OCCUR NEXT IS ANYTHING BUT GOOD FOR THEM. BURST CORE ONLINE."

Reaching behind and loading a large blue-lined drum magazine into the XO-16, what occurred next was about as one sided as one side can get. With the Beowolves before turned into minced meat as the only creature who was able to survive, although not without massive damage, was the Deathstalker. Its armor plating was missing massive amounts of pieces as it tried to rush forward to attack with its stinger. However, its existence came to an end, a brutal one, when Athena grabbed said stinger and tore its end clean off. The creature let out a screech of pain as the Deathstalker soon turned to run away. Something that was stopped when Athena's hand grabbed the front of its armor and brought its front half up into the air as it tried to wriggle out of her grasp. A grasp that was far too much. Without a second missed, Athena would stab the now exposed underbelly of the demon scorpion as it shrieked out before going limp after a not so gentle twist of the stinger.

Pushing the now limp corpse of the Deathstalker forward, Athena's front chassis would open up as the Pilot let out a sigh of bliss. Climbing ip onto Athena's chassis, he would sit down where the top hatch was placed.

"I DETECT YOU ARE...HAPPY."

"Indeed I am...I ain't cut out for this life of happy go lucky...but like hell I'll just sit back and not try at the very least."

"A POSITIVE MINDSET CAN LEAD TO COMBAT EFFICIENCY IMPROVEMENTS."

Without a signal, Athena would hold a thumbs up towards (Y/N) as he chuckled before placing a hand on Athena's chassis. Smiling as he then began to rub he chassis affectionately. However, the sweet moment was ruined when they heard a low growl followed by an Ursa and pack of Beowolves exiting the forest. Sighing out softly, the Pilot would stand back up as he pulled out his Wingman yet, Athena's hand soon came up to show his CAR SMG in her possession. Making him blink before grinning sinisterly.

"God, I love you."

"THE HUMAN CONCEPT OF LOVE REQUIRES ADMIRATION, ATTRACTION, DEVOTION AND RESPECT. IN OTHER WORDS, YOU ARE A HUNDRED PERCENT IN LOVE."

"Hell yeah, I am!"

Grabbing up the CAR, he would rack the bolt back before leaping forward into the fray as Athena took out her Ronin Broadsword. Dashing forward with the blade held high above her head...

~First Person~

Okay...I think...Yeah this is good...I think. Fuck! I don't know! Where's Yang when I need her!? She knows about this stuff more! Ugh! Screw it!

"PILOT, HEART RATE HAS RISEN. ARE YOU UNDER DISTRESS?"

"Athena...All the Titans we've fought...all the Pilots I've clipped of their wings...and its a stupid fucking tie that defeats us!"

Damn red tie! Yang had helped me pick out an outfit for the dance at the last second and even showed me how to do the tie but, it was useless. The tie wins...The outfit her and I chose out was simply a dark marbled (F/C) button up shirt with the sleeves rolled to the elbows. Next was a set of black dress pants, which luckily I found a pair that was pretty stretchable, and a new pair of brown loafers. But right now...this tie was enemy number one. Screw it. I'll just go to the Ball Room and hope Yang is there.

"Wish me luck, Athena...This will be a mission we won't be able to uphold..."

"AFFIRMATIVE, PILOT. IT WAS A PLEASURE KNOWING OF YOUR SOCIAL STATUS. ALBEIT LACKING."

Shooting Athena a small glare from my dresser, her eye would focus on me before blinking as if she was laughing. I was about to head out when I looked over to my helmet and Wingman...These two things...my helmet I can't wear for obvious reasons...but I'll be damned if I do. Although, I did pick it up and reach into it before meddling around with what was the comms unit. Pulling out a small earbud, I bounces it up and down in my hand before putting it into my right ear. You see, that little thing was a bluetooth earpiece I used in my time as an SRS Pilot. Especially given the stealth missions I gone on where I had to blend in with the help of the 6-4.

"PILOT, I AM CONFUSED. IS THIS A SCHOOL DANCE OR AN INFILTRATION MISSION?"

"A dance, Athena. I just want to make sure I'm in touch with ya. Just in case."

With a grin, I then grabbed my Wingman and slid it i to the back of my pants's waistband. This time, Athena's eye focused in on me in a manner I can safely describe as "silent judgement."

"PILOT-?"

"Yes, the Wingman is too. After all, it IS a Wingman."

And with that, I left my room as I was met with numerous other students traveling towards the Ball Room yet, they all stared at me as they did. Some even murmuring and questioning "is that Pilot?" Yes. It's me. Bask in my glory and war scarred face. God knows you can probably stick a piece of magnet to my face given how I might still have shrapnel in my cheeks. Holding the red tie in my hand, I was on my way to Team RWBY's dorm when I got stopped by a familiar voice.

"(Y/)-Pilot...?"

Turning around to be met with Weiss, she wore a white dress that exposed her collar and shoulders with a black mesh. With that came a nice pair of white shoes. She looked beauti-nice. Nice is what I meant to say. Yes. Nice Weiss...Christ. She gave me a look of both shock and confusion as I simply gave her a toothy grin. For a second, I could have sworn I even saw an all female team dramatically toss their hands onto their foreheads before toppling over.

"Heya, Ice Queen~!"

"Y-You're going to the dance...? Dressed? And without a helmet!? Oh...I think I'm hallucinating. Ruby! What did you put in those cookies-!?"

Leaning over to cut off Weiss, she let out a yelp as I had given her arm a light pinch as she whipped her head around. Glaring at me with a small growl mixed in before her gaze softened lightly upon seeing me smiling at her. Letting out a sigh and small giggle she would look at my red tie and tilt her head. I guess she must have noticed the issue because she let out a small gasp as she then tried to suppress laughter.

"D-Don't tell me-"

"Yes! I can kick ass at lightning speed but when it comes to tying a tie? Count me down."

Now full on laughing, I couldn't help but growl at how she was spiting me yet, seeing her laugh was...amusing. Felt nice. Like music for the soul. Suddenly, she would take the tie from me as I cocked an eyebrow yet, before I could get a word out, she put the undone tie around my neck as she even began to, well, tie it. Looking down at her while she did so, I felt my face heat up as she did a loop movement through a small triangular knot she made.

"I...never knew you could do a tie..."

"Well, I had to learn. My little brother needed help doing his ties back home when our maids and butlers were all occupied preparing for a party. So I used to do his ties for him."

"You have a brother?"

"And sister! Although she's older...and military. Like you."

Like me...? Huh...I wonder...

"And...done."

Sliding the tie's knot up, it was just barely be pressing against my shirt's collar as I blinked and moved my neck around. Honestly? Had I not known any better, I'd say there was no tie at all.

"Huh...Thanks, Ice Queen~! Now come on. Can't keep our dates waiting~!"

I said in a happy go lucky tone yet, I felt that same damn twinge in my chest again. And I guess Weiss felt something too since I saw her flash a frown a second.

"Oh Pilot~! Oh there you are! You look amazing! Now come along! We have to just share our dance!"

"Woah! Cinder!?"

I yelped out as I felt my arm suddenly get tugged forward as I now had Cinder in full view and my goodness...That dress was pretty amazing. A black sequin. Y'know, that glossy material? Full black. Looked amazing with the more I stared the more I got in details like how her dress had streaks of black velvet that contrasted the glossy black-Wait a second...Weiss doesn't have a date for the dance? Turning to look at her, I'd see her look a bit shocked as I was dragged away by Cinder. I wanted to call out to her but, before I could? I was already outside.

"C-Cinder! I was talking to Weiss-!"

"And I am your date. I win~!"

And before I knew it? I was now in front of what was the Ball Room and boy did it look amazing. From the streamers I helped put up, the balloons, attending students and even a band that consisted of a man with long wavy hair and a beard as a with multi...colored...hair...stood next to- hold on just one second-Before I could get a good look at the girl, my attention was ripped away by Yang's voice.
"P-Pilot? Oh my Oum...Okay. I'm freaking out now!"

"Yang! It's me! Sheesh. First Weiss now you? Is it really that hard to believe?"

"(Y/N)? Who is this girl?"

Looking at Cinder, I felt a sort of shiver go up my spine as Yang them noticed Cinder as well. Then they noticed one another and I swear to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that keeps appearing in my head, that a lightning bolt appeared between the two. Its now or never before half the school becomes a giant crater.

"She's my date! Cinder? Meet Yang. Cinder here helped me realize I ain't cut out for a life where peace is an option but, I sure as hell won't at least try when I can. Ain't that right, Cindy?"

"Hm. Indeed~! Seeing how Mister (Y/N) here is now? I think it paid off."

"Uh-huh...well, hope you two enjoy the night! And Cinder? I hope your heels are steel tipped~"

Exchanging one more look, Cinder would drag me away as Yang smiled...eerily...

~Third Person~

Steel tipped heels would have not been enough for the catastrophic event that was (Y/N)'s first ever dance was with Cinder Fall. In the end, he was in front of her as she sat at a table with a nice little ice pack on her left foot. The Pilot, meanwhile, was on his knees and his forehead against the floor.

"I'm so sorry..."

"I-It's okay...I should have seen this coming...How about you run along while I go back to my dorm to fetch some more appropriate shoes~?"

"A-Alright..."

In the most comical fashion, and most confusing, (Y/N) would slide backwards with no means of propulsion before he was eventually stopped by a bronze tipped cane pressing against his back.

"Mister...Pilot...? Is that you? I am truly surprised to see you present. Even more given your current...position..."

"I stepped all over my date's feet during the first dance..."

"Ah. I see. There there. I am sure she understands. May you please stand up though? You are gaining a lot of looks...and that's partially due to your lack of helmet."

Standing up gently, Ozpin would dust off the young Pilot by patting his shoulders before the Professor pointed towards a familiar face. Ruby Rose. A sight that made the embarrassed boy chuckle softly upon seeing.

"I guess I'm not the only one having a rough night..."

The two would approach from behind as Ruby complained about her heels with the need to change into her iconic hood. The outfit she wore was similar in coloring to her hair since it when from dark red to a more bright variant. It also had the same mesh like Weiss's outfit.

"Not enjoying yourself?"

"That's putting it lightly."

Ruby would jump slightly upon hearing Ozpin's voice alongside (Y/N)'s but the latter made her shocked as she turned to see the Pilot. "Dressed up" and without his helmet before she chuckled sheepishly with a small frown.

"N-No, everything is fine. Just not a fancy...dancy girl."

"Well you can't spend your entire life on the battlefield even if you wanted to, you know."

"Is that...directed at me too? Did you plan this, Oz?"

Ruby gave Ozpin a side eye glance as she had her arms crossed over her chest yet, the Headmaster simply gave a soft smile to the two lesser duo.

"That's a lesson I've been hearing a lot lately..."

"When you think about it, dancing and fighting are not too far apart from one another. Two partners, interlocked. Hah. Although, one wrong move in the Ball Room merely leads to a swollen foot."

"You're mocking me!"

"Yeah. Or a twisted ankle."

Ozpin would given the growling Pilot a small grin as (Y/N) seemed as if ready to pounce. Although, he eased himself with a small chuckle after reminiscing on his near death moments in life. Over the past seven or so years? There were a lot more than he remembered...

"Dancing with Death...is fun. But once in a while, she gets too excited. Even then I like to just relax for a bit..."

"Indeed! Young Pilot makes a point. It is not every day friends are able to come together like this. Time has a way of testing our bonds. But it's night's like these that help keep them stronger than ever. Nights like these that we'll remember forever..."

Ruby and (Y/N) looked around the Ball Room to see their friends all having a more splendid time. Even Blake was here and that spoke to (Y/N) a lot more than he thought it would. A slow of pace like this is stranger to him but, it feels fresh. Helps remind him of the times he did share where fun was relevant even if a mission or training. One memory in specific was one that he remembered before yet, it still held a pleasant spot in his mind...

"Davis! Holy hell! What are you doing!?"

"M-My existence burns!"

"I told you not to eat all that spicy ramen, you moron!"

"It tasted so——o go———od!"

Davis was sitting at a booth back at a bar the 6-4 and SRS used as a means of "Uplink" yet, Davis was also surrounded by at least a dozen or so bottles of antacids. His mouth lined in chalky fruit flavored residue due to how desperate the situation was...to him. Meanwhile, Droz rubbed his face whilst (Y/N) simply chuckled. A chuckle that came out as a slip as (Y/N) was now back at the dance upon leaving memory. His sight landing on all the happy and fun-filled faces was enough for him to gain a smile of his own.

"PILOT, YOU ARE HAPPY YET AGAIN."

"Damn right I am, A..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 190 11
Titanfall X RWBY. What happens when a Pilot goes to remnant? Find out In Mechanical Predator 4/29/2019 - 5/27/2019 #2 in Titanfall. 7/20/2019 #1 in...
22.8K 763 35
A pilot with a dark past finally dies . Or does he ? Finding himself in a different dimension hes torn between past and present . But will his cold p...
117K 1.7K 32
[PART 1 IS COMPLETE! PART 2 HAS BEEN CANCELLED!] As a child, y/n always heard voices. And rarely, he swears he saw someone. He was abused by his fath...
97.5K 1.1K 27
no discription