We Met Over Coffee (Izuku Mid...

By missweebam

You're finally getting settled into your busy schedule as a college sophomore at UA University! You're taking... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 9

937 34 74
By missweebam

The first thing Izuku feels when he wakes up is panic. After he fluttered his eyelashes open to realize he was in a different bedroom, shirtless, and with you cuddled up to his side, he mistakenly put two-and-two together. In fact, he was so freaked out he fell out of bed.

You awake suddenly, hearing a loud thump followed by a sleepy groan. You lift your head up to see Izuku on the floor, hand rubbing his head. "Are you okay?"

He looks up at you, eyes wide, and leans forward, elbows on the mattress. "Did we... do it?" He whispers yells, worry swirling in his eyes.

"What, sex?" You quirk. You watch as his face turns a bright red, his eyes scanning your face. "No, we didn't," You giggle, finding it funny he would jump to such a conclusion.

Izuku's tense posture practically deflates, and he exhales. His nervousness about potentially having sex makes you bite your lip to hide your smile. He sits back up on the bed, sees the water and pain killers on the nightstand, and lunges for it. Quickly taking the pill and downing the water. With another groan, he rests his head in his hands. "What happened last night?"

"You don't remember any of it?" You question, surprised.

"I remember most everything... and then we got into the car, right?" He asks. "But I think that's all."

You giggle to yourself, and the noise makes him look up at you again. "Well after you got drunk with Denki, we left, and I drove us here. I helped you change into pajamas and then-"

"You helped me change?" Izuku practically squeaks.

"Yeah," you say like it was a normal everyday thing. "Once I left to get pillows for you, you threw up all over your shirt, so that's why you're not wearing one now. Then after you puked for like 20 minutes, I moved you in here since the couch was gross. And then you asked me to cuddle and that's about it." You finish summarizing and look over at his still red face.

"Oh gosh," he mumbles. "I am so sorry."

You giggle again and put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry about it. How are you feeling right now?"

"Not good," he complains, running a hand through his messy green hair. "My head hurts."

"Would you like me to make you some breakfast? Eggs, toast... or something?"

He shakes his head, "I don't think I could stomach food right now."

"How about some coffee?" You ask, fingers now rubbing up and down his arm absentmindedly.

He shivers at the soft touch, "yeah that would be nice."

You stand up off the bed and pull his arm, so he stands up with you. After you help him up, you hold his sleepy face in both of your hands and give him a quick kiss. You pull away, and his eyes are closed.

"Good morning," you smile, thumb stroking his cheek.

Izuku hums, "good morning."

He walks with you to your kitchen, and you start brewing the coffee by adding water and the coffee grounds to your coffee maker and letting it brew. As you're grabbing two coffee mugs, a pair of arms wrap around your waist. You're pulled back into a bare, muscular chest, their forehead rested on your shoulder. Your heart swells, but you continue to do your task, moving the coffee mugs next to the coffee pot, now waiting patiently for the water to boil and steep the coffee grounds.

You turn around in his grasp, your lower back now pressed against the counter. You wrap your hands around his neck, fingers running through the baby hairs on his nape. For the next several minutes, you hold each other in a soft embrace.

Soon after, the smell of fresh coffee fills your nose, and you pull away from his arms to pour the coffee into the mugs. You add some ice cubes to cool it down, and then add your usual mixes to make it the way you like. After you're done, you hand a cup to Izuku and go sit down on the couch.

"Wow, this is weird," Izuku laughs, taking a sip of your concoction.

"What do you mean?" You smile, quirking your eyebrow as you take another sip of your coffee, feeling the warmth flow into your stomach.

"The customer is making coffee for the barista." He says, "how the tables have turned."

You snort, "well how is it? Is it good enough to steal your job?"

He swirls the liquid around then takes another sip. He quizzically mumbles to himself, much to your amusement, and smacks his lips together, really analyzing the taste. It makes you laugh, which was his goal from the beginning, and he smiles at the sound.

"It's actually pretty good, not gonna lie. I could see the title of a barista in your future."

You smile, "I'll leave all that stuff to you, but I'm glad it appeals to your expert tastes."

You both sit on the couch in silence for a little, giving yourselves time to wake up from your sleep. As you take another sip, your eyes curiously wander over Izuku's shirtless top half. He was fit, based on the small amount you've seen before but now seeing everything up close, he's actually fit. From his defined abs to his toned and sculpted arms, you want to run your fingers over his skin and commit everything to memory.

"Hey," Izuku says, making your snap your eyes back up to his face. He narrows his eyes playfully and crosses his muscular arms over his chest. "My eyes are up here."

You bite your lip to hide your smile. A light blush settles on your cheeks at being caught. "Sorry..."

"That's all you gotta say?" He pushes, setting his cup down on the small coffee table. He leans forward challengingly. "Did anyone ever tell you it's not nice to stare?"

You giggle, also setting your mug down. "If you want, I can make it even?" You offer. He doesn't understand what you mean, and before he can question, you slip off your shirt and drop it shamelessly on the ground. Izuku's eyes instantly widen, his face feeling hot as he can't stop his eyes from wandering over your now bare midriff. Your chest is covered by your bralette, but that doesn't stop him from imagining what's underneath.

"Better?" You ask, the question bringing his eyes back to yours. You bite your lip again, feeling exposed underneath his roaming gaze. Instead of responding, he pulls you close by your waist to sit on his lap. Each of your legs resting on either side of his waist. You're surprised that he would be so bold, but you welcome it, now starting to feel your own face get a little red. He trails his hands slowly up your sides, one hand slides behind your back, and the other continues up to hold the back of your neck.

"Much better," he admits huskily, his tone and touches practically making you shiver. He pulls your face close to his by your nape, and you both connect in a passionate kiss, tongues instantly meeting. This kiss and the ones that follow are more intense than any before. Both your hands explore each other, taking the time to savor every dip, every curve.

Izuku's hands slowly work their way from your sides, to your back, to your chest. His hand ghosts over your bralette before going to your back then hips again, relishing in the softness of your skin. You sigh into his mouth, his affectionate touch creating heat in your core, causing you to press closer to his chest, craving more of his touch. You run your fingers from his shoulders to his chest, then down his abs to settle lowly on his stomach, very close to his waistband.

Izuku suddenly pulls back, and you try to chase his lips. You open your eyes to see his lips swollen from the pressure, his eyelids half-closed. He moves a hand up to your face and pushes some hair behind your ear.

"If we keep going... I don't know... if I'll be able to stop." He pants, both hands now rested on your hips, thumbs rubbing circles over your skin.

"Then don't," you say quickly, also trying to catch your breath.

Izuku's jaw clenches. He then turns his head to your cat clock hanging on the wall. "I unfortunately have work soon." He admits, not wanting this to end either. You pout a little, already missing the feeling of his hands roaming your skin. Regardless, you understand that it's probably best to stop. You grab his face tenderly, thumbs stroking his freckled cheeks.

"Okay," you hum. Before you get up, you pepper soft kisses from his forehead to his cheeks, eyelids, to finally his lips. You pull back with a smile to find the same expression mirrored on Izuku's lips. After putting your shirt on again, you both get up and offer a pair of clothes that Izuku can wear on his drive back to his apartment.

"Hey, when are you gonna show me your place?" You ask while putting the now empty coffee mugs on the kitchen counter. You'll probably have some more coffee before getting some work done. It doesn't bother you that you haven't gone over to his apartment yet, but it doesn't stop you from wondering why he hasn't asked you to come over.

He slips the shirt on quickly, "Uhh... well, whenever I guess? It's kinda small, and my room decor isn't as cool as yours."

"That's okay," you start, "I'm sure it's great."

"I don't know about that. But uhh maybe we can study at my place next time?" He offers nervously, tilting his head with a lopsided smile. He wasn't going to admit that he never offered to have you over just in case it implied something more physical than studying, but he is more than willing to host a study session since you brought it up.

"Sounds like a date," You express, meeting him by the door.

Izuku looks at the time again and sighs softly, "Okay, see ya." As he leans in for a kiss, you pull away quickly and take several steps back. A confused expression takes his face, and he pouts.

"You have to catch me first." You smile mischievously, knowing (most importantly hoping) that he'll take the bait.

He chuckles and slowly starts taking a few steps toward you, "come on y/n/n, I gotta go."

"Then you'll have to leave without a kiss," you laugh, now on opposite sides of the couch. You both pause, watching each other to see who moves first.

Without warning, Izuku quickly runs around the couch, and you run the other way, stopping to be now on the opposite sides of the sofa from where you started. He narrows his eyes, but a smirk is present on his lips.

"I'm serious, princess."

"Then come get me, babe."

You both are still for a few seconds; the anticipation is killing you.

Izuku then lunges forward and jumps over the couch, narrowly missing you as you run around the dining room table. "Shit!" You giggle, not expecting him to do that.

As you get back to that couch, a pair of arms sweep you up off your feet, making you shriek. You're off the ground for a second before you are plopped graciously onto the couch. When you attempt to sit up, Izuku is there, meeting you in a kiss, which is then followed by several more. You both pull away, and the second you look at each other, you both crack up into a fit of giggles.

"Okay, I have to go now," he says, eyes dancing over your face.

You groan, "Mmm, fine."

He laughs, much to your annoyance, and regardless of how much he wants to stay, he opens the door. You follow him over and kiss him one more time before he leaves.

+++++

This week is what everyone considers hell week on campus. All classes have their exams, projects, and final papers due this week since it's right before fall break. It's definitely a very stressful time, and every student is busy trying to finish their assignments before deadlines as well as study for their exams.

Even though you only have one exam, the rest of the assignments due are all papers that are at least five pages long. It's not like it's anything you can't handle, but you think by the end of the week, your eyes will probably dry out considering how long you'll stare at your computer screen, typing away.

Izuku was able to get his project sorted out with his lazy group members, and with that project out of the way, he can only now focus on the three exams and one presentation he has.

In light of this busy week, you went over to his place for the first time on Tuesday to have dinner and do your work. With this week being so stacked, you both know the only time you will be able to hang out is when both your faces are glued to your laptops.

He sent you the address, and you drove over to his place that was conveniently only about eight minutes away. As you park on the side of the street in front of his complex, you can't help the grin that settles on your face.

Unable to contain your excitement, you quickly turn off the car, grab your bag and text him that you're on your way up to his room. He said it was on the fifth floor, so you get into the elevator, and it only takes a few seconds before you the elevator doors open, and you're knocking on his door.

The door opens to reveal your boyfriend, adorned in gray sweatpants and a black fitted t-shirt, and holy hell, he looks really good.

"Hey y/n/n!" Izuku welcomes, meeting you in a hug before quickly moving out of the way. "Come on in!"

You smile and make your way through the short and tight walkway and into his apartment. Izuku wasn't kidding when he said it was small. The apartment was definitely meant for one person since you're met with the small kitchen and living room as soon as you walk in. The kitchen had wooden cabinets and a black countertop featured with all the necessities. The living room included a two-person sofa, TV, coffee table, and lamp. The walls were a light gray, and there looked to be a small balcony on the other side of the room.

Despite the smallness, Izuku really worked with what he was given. On the dining room table, there is a small green plant. There are artsy paintings on the walls that fit into the space, and the living room has a nice fluffy rug that makes the apartment feel homey. There're two doors on the wall to your right, which you assume to be a bedroom and bathroom.

Izuku makes his way past you and into the kitchen. "It's underwhelming, I know," he laughs, a little embarrassed.

You shake your head quickly. "No don't say that, it's really nice in here. I'm surprised you were able to get a single as a sophomore."

The only reason you're living in an apartment that's so nice is because, after the whole Tomura thing, your parents thought it'd be best to be off-campus and in a nicer part so it'd be safer. They already were renting out the apartment you're living in now as an Airbnb, so they just decided to have you live their full time.

"Yeah, I got really lucky. When I applied for housing off-campus, I entered the single-unit lottery, just because, and somehow managed to snag one." He says, grabbing his computer out of his backpack and setting it onto the kitchen table. "It isn't as nice as some of the single units here but those were given to the seniors and juniors so I'm not going to complain."

"It's awesome," you smile. "I really like these paintings." You say as you walk into the living room to get a better look.

"Thanks! They're actually Todoroki's."

"Seriously? He made these?" You exclaim, they look like professional portraits.

"Yeah! He's super into art and after he turned these in for his class, he said he was gonna get rid of them since he didn't have room for them anywhere, so I offered to take them."

"Wow," you laugh. "I want him to make something for my place."

"He would love that," Izuku smiles. He watches you as you walk back into the kitchen and set your bag on the table. You're wearing leggings and a U.A. hoodie, your hair is pulled back out of your face. He doesn't understand how effortlessly you can look so beautiful. He knows he could look at you for hours and never get tired.

"How did your exam go yesterday?" You ask, pulling your notebooks and computer out and setting them down on the table. He doesn't answer, and when you look up, he seems lost in thought as he gazes at you.

"Hello?" You smirk, waving a hand in front of his face to bring him back to reality. He blinks a few times and smiles bashfully. "How did your exam go yesterday?"

"Oh! Really well actually," he starts. "It was way easier than the practice exams I used to study."

"That's great! I'm glad it went well! That was one of the harder exams you had to take, right?" You ask, now sitting down to start working on your paper.

"Yeah, the one I have tomorrow will be tough too, but I just need to look over a few sections."

You both dive into your work for the next hour or so, and after you both feel like you need a break, Izuku says he can make dinner for you both. You accept, knowing that your eyes need a break, and for the next 30 minutes, you help him with dinner, much to his protests.

After he finishes cooking the meat, you both make your tacos, sit down on the sofa, and eat your food as you put on a random movie.

"Hey, do you have plans over fall break yet?" You ask, taking a large bite out of your hard taco.

"Other than going home and spending time with my mom, not really. But I think Kachann and I might do something but I'm no sure what his football schedule is like yet."

You nod, still chewing.

"Would you like to meet up? We can maybe meet somwhere in the middle?" Izuku asks, using a napkin to wipe his face. You found out that you both live in the same direction away from the university, so with Izuku having to drive 45 minutes to get home, the distance between you both is only about 3 hours.

"No, I think I'll take the time to meet up with my other boyfriends instead," you say, setting your plate down on the coffee table.

"Aaah I see," Izuku says, understanding your sarcasm now. "Well, tell them I said hi."

You laugh, "I will."

He rolls his eyes at you but smiles anyway.

"My parents will be back for a few days before they fly out again to see my aunt and cousins. So other than meeting up with some of my girl friends from high school, I would love to hangout."

"Okay cool," he nods, taking another bite of his taco.

You decide that you'll want to plan when you want to meet up when the weekend comes around, opting to focus on the busy week before getting too excited about the break. After working on homework for a few more hours, you decide it's a good place to stop (with it being midnight and all), and after a sweet kiss goodbye, you promise to see each other tomorrow, for another study date.

+++++

It's now Friday evening, and you successfully managed to complete all your papers and exams. After staying up until 2 am almost every night working on your shit, you're SO ready for a nice break at home.

You invited Izuku over to have some drinks and chill out on the couch to celebrate everything being done. Ochaco and the gang said some of them were planning to go to a bar, but you and Izuku decided you both didn't have enough brainpower to go out and opted to stay in for the night.

With you planning to leave early Saturday afternoon, you spend the time before Izuku comes over to pack. You don't need to bring a lot home, but you decide to pack up your summer clothes since it's definitely Fall now. As you are just about done packing your suitcase and getting your room organized for when you come back, you hear a knock on the door.

You check the time; Izuku said he wasn't going to be here for another 15 minutes. Happy that he is here sooner, you quickly run over to your door and practically throw it open to welcome him in.

Except its not Izuku.

"Hi pet, it's been a while," the gravelly voice says.

Your stomach drops.

"What's wrong?" He says, swaying a little, obviously under the influence of something. "I thought you'd be more excited to see me."

"Tomura," you mutter, trying to will your body to move. "What... a-are you doing here...?"

How did he know where you live? How did he get here? Where is Izuku?

"I want you," he says, taking a step closer. "Let me in."

You suddenly remember you have arms and quickly grab the door to shut it in his face. But he stops it before you can close it all the way. You push as hard as you can. If he gets in, you know exactly what's going to happen, and the thought makes your skin crawl.

"Let me in y/n!" He shouts, shoving himself against the door.

You feel yourself begin to hyperventilate, trying your hardest to get the door shut. Just as you're about to grab the chain lock to aid in getting the door closed, Tomura rams himself against the door hard, effectively knocking you off the door and onto the ground.

"See, that wasn't so hard, was it?" He says, standing over you now. You quickly scramble to your feet and put distance between you both by practically running to the opposite side of the room. Your mind is running at a million miles per hour, trying to think of what you can do to get away from him. He's blocking the door, so running out will be hard, but that's probably your best option aside from running to the kitchen to grab a knife.

You look at the clock, 10 minutes until Izuku should be here. Can you keep him busy in that time? Will you be able to keep him away from you?

Your heart beats loud in your ears, and you feel like all your senses are in overdrive. Without giving you more time to think, Tomura quickly takes steps to reach you, and you run around your coffee table.

"Come on y/n," Tomura says, irritation obvious in his voice. "I... just want to talk."

He moves again, and you run towards your kitchen table, but Tomura is a little quicker. He grabs your arm, and you scream, that burning sensation from his tight grasp all too familiar. He pulls you back harshly towards him and cages you against the wall.

"You can't be here." You manage to say, pushing yourself against him in an attempt to get him off you.

"What that restraining order? You think that dumb fucking piece of paper is going to stop me from seeing you?" He seethes, pulling your hair heartlessly to make you look at him.

You feel tears start to sting your eyes as he plants sloppy kisses on your jaw. You shut your eyes tight and continue to squirm in his hold. You feel his hand start to move into your shorts, and the action causes you to lift your knee up and ram him in the crotch. He instantly bends over, and lets go of you enough to allow you to get away.

Get to the door, get to the door, get to the door.

"You little bitch," he yells, coming after you again. You successfully make it out of your apartment, and you run down the stairs two at a time. As soon as you get down, you look up to see Izuku getting out of his car. Seeing him makes you almost cry out of relief on the spot.

When he sees you, the smile on his face instantly drops, and you run to him, burying your face into his chest.

"Hey, hey," Izuku says. He's taken aback at how tightly you hug his waist, and when he's about to ask what the problem is, he looks up to see Tomura stumbling down the stairs. He immediately understands, and as Tomura gets closer, Izuku pulls you behind him.

When Tomura notices Izuku, he grits his teeth. "You again," he says, stopping in his place.

"You need to leave," Izuku states, standing up straight. He easily has a few inches on Tomura, but this doesn't seem to scare the intruder. You stare at the ground, still behind Izuku, as you try to catch your erratic breathing.

"Why are you here?" Tomura asks, the question directed at Izuku. "She's mine. Not yours."

"She's doesn't belong to anyone," Izuku says, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "Leave."

Tomura doesn't respond to Izuku and instead tries to direct his words at you.

"You're such a great actress, y/n," Tomura laughs to himself. "You really know how to get what you want, don't you?"

You don't respond, and neither does Izuku, so Tomura takes it upon himself to continue.

"Listen, whatever your name is," Tomura says, pacing a few steps. "She does this all the time. She just wants attention, it's quite irritating, I know. Just leave her to me and we can all go back to our normal lives."

"No, she's just fine," Izuku says, trying his best to remain calm. "You need to leave, or I will call the police."

"Really? The police?" Tomura laughs. "Who the hell do you think you are? Her boyfriend?"

"Yeah, that's exactly what I am."

Tomura snaps his eyes up to Izuku, eyes full of confusion. He takes a step closer, now almost at arm's length away from you both.

"That's a lie."

"I-it's not." You say, bringing your face out from behind Izuku. You anxiously watch Tomura as his face goes from sadness to anger in less than a second.

"You're cheating on me?"

"No. We aren't together a-anymore." You manage to get out again despite how much you want to run away.

Tomura slurs, "You god damn slut!"

"Alright that's enough," Izuku shouts, making you jump. You've never heard Izuku's voice go mad before, and it makes your stomach sink, the tense atmosphere practically suffocating you. Tomura narrows his eyes and takes another step closer.

"Y/n/n, get in the car, okay?" Izuku says softly, hand reaching back to hold your tight fist that clings to his shirt. He squeezes his hand on yours, and the reassurance gives you enough willpower to quickly jump into the passenger seat and close the door.

You watch Tomura take steps closer to the car, but Izuku moves in the way, putting a hand up to keep him from getting closer to you. Tomura swats Izuku's hand away and instead gets right up in his face. Your hands cover your mouth, and you feel yourself begin to shake in the seat. Izuku and Tomura are talking, but you can't hear a thing that they're saying.

Then suddenly, Tomura swings and hits Izuku on the side of the face. You gasp as you watch Tomura punch Izuku again, this time in the nose. Izuku stumbles back, but once he gets his footing, he moves a hand up to his nose and pulls back his hand to see blood.

Without giving Izuku much time to re-adjust, Tomura swings again, but Izuku is ready and effectively dodges the blow this time. With adrenaline and anger surging through his veins, Izuku hits back, landing not one, not two, but three blows to Tomura's face, causing the grayish-blue-haired man to crumble to the ground.

All you do is watch with wide eyes as Tomura sluggishly sits up, blood falling from his mouth and nose. He says something to Izuku as he gets up and starts to walk away down the street, occasionally swaying. Izuku watches Tomura's retreating figure until he is entirely out of sight, and now that the adrenaline has worn off does he let his shoulders sag, and a hand goes up to his bloodied and throbbing face.

You quickly get out of the car and run over to Izuku. You throw your arms around his waist again and sob into his chest. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, "I'm sorry," you cry, feeling utterly awful that you're the cause of Izuku's pain.

With one hand covering his bloody nose, the other rests on the back of your head, keeping you close to his chest. "It's okay y/n/n," he exhales. "He's gone now."

You pull back from his chest and look up at his face, and seeing just how hurt he is, makes you cry all over again. You move your hands to hold his face, your one hand being extra careful of the dark bruise that already starts to form on his cheekbone.

"Let's go inside," you say, already pulling him towards the stairs.

Once you get into your apartment, you double lock your door and tell Izuku to go sit on the couch. Tears continue to stream down your face as you frantically go through the cabinets in the kitchen to find the first aid kit. Once you find it, you rush back into the living room and sit next to him. His head is laid back on the couch cushion with his head tilted up to try and stop the nose bleed. His eyes are closed as you go through the kit to pull out bacterial wipes and some Neosporin.

You pull his hand away from his nose and his eyes open to watch you as you try to wipe down his face.

"I can do it," Izuku says, hands wrapping over yours, stopping your trembling hands.

"No. Let me, please," you mumble, eyes unable to meet his. He pauses, then lets go of your hands to move some of the stray hairs behind your ears. After he does that, he cups your face in his hands.

"Look at me y/n/n," he says. You clench your jaw and reluctantly meet his eyes. Even if he's in pain and he has blood on his face, he still smiles.

"I'm okay."

"You're not okay, and it's all my fault," you sniffle, voice cracking a little as your eyes frantically scan his eyes.

"It's not your fault. I stupidly provoked him," he starts, "besides, all I need is to get all cleaned up, take some ibuprofen, have a kiss and then I should be good to go."

Your lip quivers, but already knowing that Izuku is not going to change his mind, you nod. You go back to doing what you were doing before, and after you clean Izuku's face, you tell him to apply pressure to his nose with a tissue to stop the bleeding. When he does that, you inspect his free hand and wash his sore knuckles. You put some Neosporin on the parts that look especially irritated before asking him to give you his other hand. You do the same thing, and after you're done, you take the tissue off his nose and see that the bleeding has stopped. Izuku watches you through the whole process, and his gaze holds nothing but affection and appreciation.

After you add Neosporin to his bruised cheek, you take all the bloody wipes and tissues to the garbage and then put the first aid kit back into the cabinet you found it. You go to your bathroom and get the ibuprofen with a glass of water to then go back over to Izuku and hand it to him. He diligently takes it and then finishes up the cup of water. He sets it on the coffee table and then turns to you. He quirks a brow, and you don't understand what he's doing.

"Where's my kiss?" He asks. The question causes a small smile to fall onto your lips, and he brings his hand up to hold your face again. "There's that beautiful smile."

You lean in and kiss softly before pulling away again.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here sooner." Izuku says, his thumb gently strokes your cheekbone.

"Don't apologize," you quickly answer. "I'm sorry you had to get hurt because of me."

"I'd get hit 1000 times if it meant I could keep you safe."

It's silent for a few seconds.

"Don't say cheesy shit like that, that's too gooey for me."

"Whyyy?" He whines, "It's true."

"You're ridiculous," you giggle. "But thank you... for stepping in."

"Of course," he smiles. "But we should report this."

You rest the side of your head against the couch, "yeah... I can do it."

Izuku nods, hand now rested on your knee, and after a few more minutes of Izuku offering kind words and comfort, you pick up the phone to inform the police of the incident. It was a quick call since they had the information on hand. Apparently, Tomura has been causing quite a stir, and you wonder how he still is enrolled here, or if he even is at all anymore. After you thank the officer and hang up, you deflate. Your shoulders sink, and you rest your head in your hand. You take a few minutes to process everything that happened.

You're in a safe place with Izuku, and you're okay. It's not you're fault. It's not your fault.

In the past, you would just put everything on the back burner and ignore it, but you've been doing a lot better since then and with help from your therapist. You walk out of your kitchen to Izuku, who's still on the couch, and when he sees you, he offers a reassuring smile. You sit back down on the sofa and, this time, rest your head on his shoulder, and he wraps his arm around your back.

"You look tired," Izuku softly says, moving some hair out of your face. You nod your head on his shoulder, eyes now closed. "Want me to carry you to your room?"

It's silent again.

"I don't think I can be alone right now," you mumble.

Izuku's heart sinks. He hates this, seeing you so down. "Okay, I can stay for as long as you want."

You don't answer, and he thinks you agree, but then you speak up again. "Could we... go to your place?"

You lift your head off his shoulder and meet his eyes. Your cheeks are light pink, and you bite your bottom lip, nervous to hear the answer.

"Yeah, let's go," Izuku says instantly, standing up off the couch to help you up. He doesn't know what went down in the time that Tomura showed up to see you run towards him with such fear in your eyes, but he knows that going somewhere else is a good idea. You walk out of your apartment, and after locking the door, you get into his car and head to his apartment.

The first few minutes are quiet, and Izuku racks his brain to try and think of ways to make you feel better. He believes he has ice cream in his freezer, so you both could relax on the couch and watch a movie? He could order pizza, maybe? You both originally were gonna hang out, have some drinks and chill out, so would doing that be helpful? Or would it be insensitive? Should he let Ochaco know? Would some quality girl talk be good? Is that too much?

"You're mumbling," you say, and Izuku snaps his head over to you, who's already looking at him with a small smile.

"Grr, sorry," Izuku groans, shaking his head.

You laugh softly, and the sound makes Izuku's heart swell.

"Can I ask you something?" You say, playing with your fingers anxiously.

"Sure," he says, keeping his eyes focused on the road.

"How were you able to do that?" You start, staring out the window. "How were you able to stand up to him? Before the whole... fist fight."

Izuku thinks about your question for a few seconds, pursing his lips to try and come up with a good answer.

"For me, I knew I had someone to protect," Izuku starts. "But also, I didn't let his words intimidate me. I took away his power to scare so before the fight started, I already won."

He pulls up the driveway to his apartment, and on the way up the elevator, you think about his words. Take away his power.

He unlocks his door, and you both walk in. "While I order the pizza, you can pick a movie?" Izuku suggests.

"Okay," you agree and make your way over to his couch.

For the rest of the night, you both relax. You become less and less anxious as the night goes on and instead focus on spending some quality time relaxing after a hard week of school. After eating some pizza, you're cuddled up on the couch, head in Izuku's lap as he plays with your hair from time to time. You chose a funny movie from your childhood in hopes of lifting your spirit, and so far, it's actually working.

Izuku laughs, and you turn your head to look up at his face. His nose is less irritated now, and it looks like his bruised cheek has become less swollen. You hope that because Tomura was out of it, the punch wasn't as strong as it would be if he was sober. You move your hand up to hold his unbruised cheek. The action causes him to look down at you.

"Hi," Izuku softly says.

"Hi," you say back. He leans down and kisses your forehead, then pulls back and looks at your face again.

"It's getting kinda late," Izuku says, resting a hand on the side of your hip.

"Yeah, it is," you yawn, his statement reminding you how tired you actually are. Izuku leans over you and grabs the remote from the coffee table, and turns off the TV.

"I can take the couch for the night," Izuku says, running a hand through his hair.

You frown, your lower lip protruding in a sulky pout, "can you stay with me?"

Izuku's eyebrows raise slightly, eyes scanning your face. "Uh yeah, as long as that's okay with you."

"It is, I promise," you smile. "It'll be like a sleepover."

You both laugh, and you sit up off his lap. He gets up, and you follow him into his room. As he rummages through his drawers, you take the time to look around his bedroom. This room has a lot more of his personality shining through.

It's a pretty typical bedroom consisting of a queen bed, a bedside table, and a lamp. There's a small walk-in closest and a dresser. The bedside table has two picture frames, one of who looks to be him and his mom, and the other is of him and Bakugou at their high school graduation. There's a candle on the dresser and a few books and magazines neatly stacked. You look over to the dresser to see a few hero figurines but most notably All Might. You make your way over to them to get a better look.

"You sure your favorite hero isn't Endeavor?" You say, looking at all the figures standing in different hero poses.

Izuku looks up and chuckles, "I'm sure." He then places some clothes into your hands. "You can wear these as pajamas if you'd like."

You look down at them and, with a nod, walk out of the bedroom and into the bathroom to change. He gave you a pair of athletic shorts that are a little too big and a soft light blue t-shirt that says 'dress shirt' on the front. It makes you laugh to yourself, and when you put it on, it's also a little big, stopping mid-thigh.

Once you're changed, you walk out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom to see Izuku just putting on his sleep shirt. His back is to you, and you can't help but watch his muscles contort and stretch as he slides the fabric over his shoulder and down his back.

You mentally slap yourself and walk further into the room, "I like this shirt, it's funny."

He turns to you, and his eyes widen. He smiles and meets you halfway, still looking up and down. "It's one of my favorites," he smiles. "You look good... in my clothes."

"You think so?" You ask, putting your hands on your hips and posing, jutting your hip out.

"Definetly," he laughs.

"Thank you very much," you say, feeling your eyes getting heavy.

"Come on," Izuku laughs again, watching you yawn. You follow him over to his bed, and you both slip under the covers. Izuku turns off the lamp, and you turn on your side to face Izuku, and he does the same.

"Thanks for letting me stay here," you say. The moonlight from outside seeps through the window casting soft shadows on Izuku's face.

Izuku wraps his arm around your waist and pulls you closer. "Of course, don't even mention it. It's a sleepover, remember?"

You giggle tiredly as you snuggle into his chest, "yeah."

"Goodnight y/n/n," Izuku whispers.

"Night, Zuku," you mumble back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 885 18
โ๊œฑแด€ส ๊œฑแดแดแด‡แด›สœษชษดษข, สแดแดœ แดœ๊œฑแด‡สŸแด‡๊œฑ๊œฑ แด‹ษชแด…!โž โษช แด„แด€ษด'แด›...โž You are ๐˜/๐ง ๐‹/๐ง. She is a quiet girl who was homeschooled, abused, and i...
206K 8K 18
"๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐€๐‘๐„ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐–๐Ž๐Œ๐€๐ ๐ˆ๐Œ ๐ˆ๐ ๐‹๐Ž๐•๐„ ๐–๐ˆ๐“๐‡" __________________ ื‚ื‚เซขเผ‹เผ˜เฟ โŠน . โœง . * . หš ใ€€ใ€€ ยท ใ€€ใ€€* . ใ€€ โ‹† . โ•ฐโ”€โ”€โ”€โŒฒ where two b...
495K 22.4K 32
๐๐€๐Š๐”๐†๐Ž๐” ๐Š๐€๐“๐’๐”๐Š๐ˆ ๐— ๐…๐„๐Œ ๐‘๐„๐€๐ƒ๐„๐‘ ใ€ใƒฝ๏ฝ€โ˜ฝใƒฝ๏ฝ€ โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„โ–„ WHEREIN BAKUGOU KATSUKI, AN EXPLOSIVE BRAT, DAI...
84K 3.2K 171
This book follows Akira Kiriya's experiences and encounters during her first year at UA high school. How will she fare with her new classmates at the...