Perfect Double Suicide ~Dazai...

By theuchihamassacre

This fanfiction is about a young girl named Saiko, who gave up upon her life and was ready to commit. But a m... More

#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
#8
#9
#10
#11
#12
#13
#14
#15
#16
#17
#18
#19
#20
#21
#22
Last Words

#23

46 0 0
By theuchihamassacre

(note: I made the drawing and the girl is supposed to be Saiko)

Chapter 23 (Final Chapter)

I opened my eyes and saw the ground underneath me, I was on my knees on the bridge the night we met. My head was spinning and I felt my throat being cut off from air. The voices were about to take control and I knew I was gonna snap any moment. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up, that's right he was here, he did exactly this before, because I was gonna snap back then too. "Listen to me" Dazai said and tears shot up into my eyes. "I know Dazai-san...You want me to die with you" I said and the tears started running down my cheeks, as his eyes widened surprised.

"How did you know that and how do you know my name?" He stepped back and looked skeptic down to me. I smiled in pain and got up on my feet. The voices started to disappear slowly and I closed my eyes for a moment. "This will sound like I am crazy...But at this point it doesn't even matter anymore" I opened my eyes again and looked at him standing in front of me. "My ability is Memory Manipulation, and I can travel through memories, making them reality. Meaning I can even go back in time and into the future, if it contains my own memories. This is the night we met before-" I looked up to the sky and smiled. "You don't need to know that though... Just turn around and escape your tragic fate, that awaits you with me"

"For some reason I believe you..." Dazai said and I looked back down at him. "But I would like to know what exactly happened, that made you choose to come back in time and prevent us from meeting. Do I die?" For a moment I thought if it was a good idea to tell him, but then just nodded and turned my back to him. "I tried changing your fate various times, but you ended up dying every time. So please turn around and live your life"

"Hm... It sounds like you love me quite a lot" I bit my lip and felt the tears come up again. "Yeah I do..." I said and walked up to the iron bars on the bridge.

"I am curious... Did I love you back? In that future" I stopped and looked back over my shoulder. He was standing there with his head tilted to the side, closed eyes and smiling. "Because if I did then it was worth dying for" My eyes widened as I couldn't believe those words. "You see..." He looked at me. "I never loved anyone till this day, and if I loved you then for sure I died happier than I ever could without meeting you"

"S-Saiko...I....I love...y-you"

I remembered his words and tears started rolling once more. "Yeah...You told me you loved me, once right before you died" He smiled and walked up to me. "Then how am I supposed to walk away now?" He stopped right in front of me and I clenched my teeth together. "Don't you get it? You'll end up dead!" I shouted, he wasn't making any sense at all! Didn't I explain him?

"No sweetheart, I don't even know your name...You don't get it. I can't walk away from probably the only person I will ever love in my life" He said and I looked away, not wanting to hear what he was saying. "I don't want you to die! I killed you last time so please leave now" I shouted and pushed him away, turning around and making an attempt to jump, but he stopped me. "Don't do this please!" I slapped his hand away and turned around mad. "Are you dumb or something? At this point you don't even know my name! Just because you know about a possible future, you want to accept that you gonna die? That future is probably not even possible anymore, now that you are aware of it!"

For a moment he didn't say anything, before he smiled again. "Well... since you know me, you should be aware that I want to die. I stopped you just now because I want to die with you, since you gonna do it anyways. I guess you know all about it. So I wonder how it comes that you are so obsessed with saving my life. Now I just found out I will fall in love for the first time before dying and you want me to leave and continue my boring and unsatisfying life? Shouldn't you be aware about the fact that I would not leave in any scenario, after hearing all that?"

I didn't know what to reply to him for a while. He was absolutely correct. We even promised each other to die together and everything between us only happened because of it. But I can't watch him die another time...

"I am sorry Dazai-san... I guess you have to find someone else to die with...I gave you my promise I would die with you and I'm sorry I can't keep it" I smiled with tears in my eyes at him and laid my hand above his cheek. He looked deep into my eyes and grabbed my wrist.

"If you promised me that, then you have to stand to your word" He said, came closer and made be walk backwards, till I was stopped by the iron bars. His body brushed against mine and he came close to my face with his. "If you deny me to fall in love with you again, then keep your promise and die with me now" He said and my heart skipped a beat. I widened my eyes and looked into his. I felt his hand on my chin, as he softly went with his thumb over my cheek. "Would you do that?" He asked and smiled softly down to me.

Die now with- with you? No...why would I? I came back here to save you I- Everything would be for nothing!

I looked into his eyes as I started to remember all those small moments together with him. The times we laughed and made each other happy. Tears started building up in my eyes again, as they came back in a flash back, while I looked into his beautiful brown eyes.

Oh Dazai-san... If I could just tell you how much I love you! How much I just want to make you happy forever. Be together with you till we are old and slow. Die alongside you after a beautiful life but... That's not meant for us. We are meant to end up in pain and sorrow.

I took his head into my hands and got on my toes to lay a gently kiss above his lips. They were as soft as ever and to my surprise, he returned my kiss. I buried my hand in his hair, as I kissed the only man I ever loved. Tears ran down my face as I kissed him a last time in my life.

"Dazai-san, do you really wish to die with me?" I whispered on his lips and his grip around my waist got a bit tighter. A moment he was silent, before he whispered "Yes"

"You know there is no return..." He chuckled and laid his head to the right. "Yeah I am aware that the dead don't return" I sighted and looked serious up to him. "If you really want that, then we have to do it, now because if we don't... We never will" I said and he nodded immediately. "I am aware of that too" He replied and smiled softly. "Don't worry, I have been prepare to die for a long time now. I am ready and I will die happily knowing, you are the woman I would have loved one day" I looked into his eyes, as I smiled back at him.

"Dazai-san you know, it really feels like it always used to do with you right now" I said and he smiled, stepping back a little and grabbing my hand. "Oh I am glad to hear that, tell me, were we happy a lot?" He asked and pulled me after him to the middle of the bridge. "Yes we had our happy times" I replied and wondered what he was doing.

On the middle of the bridge, he stopped and bowed before me. "May I ask for this last dance of our live's my lady?" He asked while smiling softly up to me. I looked with big eyes down to him, nodding and feeling my heart start to beat really fast.

I never danced with him before.

He stepped close, laid his right hand on my waist and took my right with his left. Our eyes met, as he started to guide our last dance under a night sky full of stars.

"Can you tell me a bit more about us?"He asked me and I thought about some beautiful memories to share with him. "There was this one time where we went to a park together and there were a lot a ducks. For some reason you became really obsessed about them and went after a group. It turned out they didn't like you at all so you ended up being chased by the entire group through the park" He started laughing and I joined him. "That's totally something that would happen to me" He said and I agreed. "Oh yeah and then another time we went hiking and that was all your idea by the way! You said you had it all planned out, but we had to spend the night in the wild, because you didn't actually plan anything" He stopped dancing and laughed again. "Oh my- I am sorry for that one" He said "I hope you are, because I had to poop behind a bush fearing a bear appears" I replied and looked at him as he laughed.

You really are the most beautiful creature existing

I thought and a smile went over my lips. He noticed and tilted his head to the right, closing his eyes and smiling back. "What is it sweetheart?" He asked and my heart made a jump as he used the name he had given me. "Nothing at all, I am just noticing how much I love you" I said and he opened his eyes surprised.

"Oh wow- I eh-" He started to blush and scratched the back of his head. He stopped in his movement and looked at me softly. "I can really see why I would love you as well" He said and my heart skipped a beat. He came closer and took my hand. "You have such a beautiful laugh, it is like music to my ears, and what you tell me makes my heart beat like I am already in love with you" He started the pull me to the end of the bridge.

"Dazai-san..."

"Just look at me my sweetheart, look at me and be close to me" He said and gently hugged me, as I bumped into him when he reached the iron bars. My heart started racing fast, as I felt him bend backwards over them.

"Dazai-san!" I called out and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I'll be okay soon" he said.

His arms were tight around me, as we fell over and down towards the water under us. I felt the wind on my skin and saw the water sparkle in front of me. Quickly it came closer and I closed my eyes.

Oh my sweet Dazai-san, I love you so much. I love everything about you, your laugh, the way you tilt your head while smiling with closed eyes. I love how you make me feel when you touch me and kiss my lips. I wish I could have given you a happy future, I wish I could have been the one to save you... I'm sorry, forgive me for not being able to have done that but- We kept our promise, the promise to die together.

"Sweetheart" I heard his voice on my ear.

"I love you" He said and pressed me tighter at himself, while we fell closer to our shared dream.

"I love you too Bunny" I replied and smiled.

I really do love you...so...so much...

A second later everything disappeared and went black.

I didn't feel any pain, I didn't notice anything. It just ended and all the pain I ever went through was gone in a millisecond.

In the end, it all went the way the both of us wanted it to. I wished that it could have gone a different way, but that didn't matter anymore, because we died the moment our body's hit the water that was hard like asphalt.

We died the way we promised each other, in a ~Perfect Double Suicide~

The End.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.1K 1.3K 13
[please read] You are a 21-year-old woman. Dumped by your (now) ex boyfriend, you have nowhere else to stay but your car. You work at a small cafΓ© s...
183 60 8
-π’π‘πž 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐑𝐒𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 π₯𝐒𝐯𝐞. -π‡πž 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 π₯𝐒𝐯𝐞. "For him, I would choose death" "Just for her, I wo...
104K 5.3K 23
ONGOING ❦ This fanfic is an alternate reality of my other one called "The Marionette", in which Dazai came back into your life permanently. I recomme...
4.8K 239 37
Both Dazai Osamu and Sera Kerarutto have something in common. A story too complex to put into words. The bond that she thought had been severed four...