ME AND HIM ✔️

By blynnsmidt

Have you ever heard the saying, "One night can change everything"? Maybe you have, maybe you haven't. In some... More

Introduction
Pt.1
Pt.2
Pt.3
Pt.4
Pt.5
Pt.6
Pt.7
Pt.8
Pt. 9
Pt.10
Pt.11
Pt.12
Pt.13
Pt.14
Pt.15
Pt.16
Pt. 17
Pt. 18
Pt. 19
Pt.20
Pt.21
Pt.22
Pt.23
Pt.24
Pt.25
Pt.26
Pt.27
Pt.28
Pt.29
Pt.30
Pt.31
Pt.32
Pt.33
Pt.34
Pt.35
Pt.36
Pt.38
Pt.39
Pt. 40
Pt.41
Pt.42
Pt.43
Pt.44
Pt. 45
Pt. 46
Pt.47
Pt.48
Pt.49
Pt.50
Pt.51
Pt.52
Pt.53
Pt.54
Pt.55
pt.56
pt. 57
Epilogue
A/N
Is this the end ?
NEW BOOK

Pt.37

1.5K 32 3
By blynnsmidt

Nadine's POV

OH MY FUCKING GOD. I can't believe I'm begging her.

She steps towards me. A smirk tugging at her lips, "Did the one and only, Nadine Rossi, prince of the Mafia-"

"King," I correct her.

She smiles, "King, of the Mafia, just say 'please'?" She asks innocently.

I scoff, "Only you would think that."

"Is that suppose to be an insult?" She raises an eyebrow. Waiting for my answer.

She attempts to keep a serious expression, but fails as It turns into her laughing hysterically.

"It wasn't that funny, Rue," she stays laughing and looks up at me.

"Only you would think that." She imitates me using a deep voice and lifting her shoulders, so that she's standing straight.

"Rue." I say seriously, "I really am sorry. I would never call you or your brother, crazy."I finish. Her expression changes and her face turns soft.

"It's fine." She fiddles with her fingers a bit, "But, that's not what I was mad about. And it really does hurt me that you didn't listen to anything else I said.." She says, her expression dying down a bit.

"Your not a 'fuckbuddy' or a toy to me, Rue. Your a person. A person who has feelings, and I'm sorry I didn't recognize them." I take small steps towards her, "I'm trying really hard. And your the only person who has ever actually asked me how I feel. And it scared me. So I'm sorry for pushing you away, but you have to understand this is so different to me. But I swear to you, I am trying my hardest."

"That's what I'm afraid of," she whispers, "if this is you doing your best, what happens when your at your lowest?" I can sense that a few tears are about to slip. "I don't want to be pushed away, or left alone. It's only been a few weeks since I met you, and it's already starting to hurt. You say you've never felt this way, but why now? Why me?" She asks.

Why her?

I don't fucking know. When I first met her I though she was annoying and wouldn't leave me alone. But now... I don't know.

So why her?

I guess fate happens when we're not looking.

This happened so fast. From the day at the river, to now. I don't want to hurt her, but I sure as hell done want to leave her.

"Give me one more chance."

"Nadin-"

"Just one more. And if I mess up, hurt you, leave you... I'll never bother you again. Please, Prudence."

She stands still and quiet. She looks down at the ground, but when she does finally look up, tears are pouring. Did I lose my chance? Did I already hurt her, again, "Rue?"

"Okay." She whispers.

"Okay?" I ask, making sure I heard her correctly.

"One more chance." She confirms. "This doesn't mean we're together, yet." I let out a breath of relief, finally letting my shoulders sag and my breathing become normal. Maybe friends is just what we need to be right now. Maybe one day we could possibly be more.

"Can we go now?" She asks. Her lips quiver and her hands tremble as she sucks in a big gulp of air, from her nose, "please?"

I look all around me.

Maybe I was imagining all of this?

What if I haven't been getting enough sleep?

I shouldn't keep Rue out here.

"wouldn't want to get you all frozen and cold, now would we?" I ask. She smiles in return and takes a few steps towards me. We have one foot between us. The air seems warmer as Rue jumps towards me, wrapping her short arms around my neck.

I freeze.

This is one of the first hugs I've had since I was a child. For it to be so cold outside, Rue's body is warm and comforting.

"What's this for?" I ask, referring to how tight she's holding me. A smile slowly tugs at my lips as I wait for her answer.

"Everyone needs a hug, Nadine. Don't be so bitter," She whispers in my ear.

I finally wrap my arms around her. She wraps her legs around my torso, her dress making it hard to do so, but still, she manages.

Is this what friends do?

"Nadine?" Rue whispers. I hum in response and hug her closer to my body, if that's possible.

"Can we go now?" She asks, laughing a little once she hears me groan.

"Yea, we can go." I feel her unwrap her legs from around me, and stand back down onto the floor.

I hold my hand out for her to hold. She stares at it for a second, before smiling softly, and placing her hand in mine.

I hold her hand tightly as we head back to the car.

I swear to god, if they left us-

Shit.

Do I have my phone on me?

Fuck.

What if they really did leave us out here.

God dammit.

Maybe Rue has her phone.

"Do you think they left?" I ask, looking down at her.

"Probably." She says sarcastically.

We make it back up to the road. I see the car's headlights down the road. At least they're still here.

The sound of Rue's heels clicking against the snow covered concrete, fills my ears. We get closer to the car and see that the doors are left open and the car itself is empty...

Except for the dead shofar laying in the driver's seat. His throat is slit, and a knife is buried into his stomach. Blood is leaking out of the car and onto the snow, the back seats of the limo, are rough. The seats are torn, scratch marks. It looks like whoever left this, put up a fight.

Fuck me.

This is happening again.

First it was the council's kidnapping, that little incident caused us to come all the way down to Russia. And now, some of the last living members of our Mafia, are missing.

I look over at Rue.

She's shaking, as tears brim at her eyes.
Her breathing shallows. Her hand covers her mouth, and she starts taking a few steps closer to the car.

"Rue, wait-"

She picks something up and examines it.

Her eyes widen, and suddenly, she falls to the ground.

"Rue! Rue are you ok?!"

"No!" She sobs, "A-Alex, it's-" she doesn't finish, she just points to the object she had found, that is now laying on the ground.

I slowly walk over and pick it up.

A single letter 'A' hangs loosely on a chain-
Wait- no. This is Alex's chain. The chain is also soaked in blood.

I look back at Rue, she's staring down at the blood that covers her hands as she sobs uncontrollably.

I drop the chain and run over to Rue.

She tries to stand up, but immediately falls back.

Back into my arms.

She wraps her arms around my torso and snuggles her head into my chest.

I hear small whispers coming from her. A series of 'oh my god' and 'what the fuck, this can't be happening' come from her.

I will find out what happened to them.

Rue's POV

"Nadine, I want to leave right now." I demand standing up.

We've been in the same position for 15 minutes. Him holding me while I cried into him, was not something I expected to happen, tonight.

I want to go home. Take a shower. Sleep. Wake up. Plan my revenge. And then live happily ever after, after I find everyone.

That's a 5/5 rating plan, if you ask me.

"Ok, get in the limo" Nadine says. I see him walk to the drivers side, he grabs the shofar by his collar, and pulls him out.

"You can't just leave him, someone will see" I say. Nadine looks at me annoyed. He rolls his eyes before pulling out his phone.

He dials a number and places it to his ear.

"Ciao?" Nadine paces around, tapping his foot on the ground every few seconds, "si, abbiamo avuto un incidente, ho bisogno che tu venga qui e te ne occupi per me, ok?"

"Ok, me ne vado a casa, ma quando arrivi qui, non andartene finché non si è sistemato tutto." Nadine hangs up. His eyes immediately find mine.

"We're gonna ride this home," He motions to the limo, "and then someone's gonna come down here and clean all this up, okay?"

"Okay," I whisper.

"Alright, get in."

- Brooke ♥️

10/8/2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.5K 1.6K 31
WARNING MATURE CONTENT: MENTION OF GRAPHIC CONTENT ABUSE, MURDER, THE USE OF DRUGS WITH MATURE LANGUAGE AND MATURE SCENES. VIEWERS DISCRETION...
960K 3.8K 8
**** Mature content**** "You wanna know why I'm angry?" He said in between the kisses. "Because of you" He said as he continued and my body tensed a...
1.3M 56.1K 57
Fair warning- Major plot holes and rushed writing - "Is this for me or him?" He spoke as he traced the waistband of her soft pink lace thong. "Neith...
7.9K 119 17
I want to un dress you, touch you, kiss you, taste you. I want you under me and on top of me, sitting and standing. I want to see your eyes when plea...