The Headmaster's Errand Boy (...

Von NoOneToRemember123

As Yang attends her first year at Beacon Academy, she runs into an old friend. However, he does not seem to b... Mehr

Character Introduction
Prologue: Meeting for the First Time
Ch 1: Reunion
Ch 2: Getting Situated
Ch 3: The Coming Storm
Ch 4: Echoes of the Past
Ch 5: Recovering
Ch 6: No Rest for the Weary
Ch 7: Peace for Now
Ch 8: Training for the Festival
Ch 9: Immature Adults
Ch 10: End of the Tournament
Ch 11: Field Trip
Ch 12: Calm Before the Storm
Ch 13: Battle of Beacon 1
Ch 14: Battle of Beacon 2
Ch 14.25: Cleanup 1
Ch 14.5: Cleanup 2
Ch 14.75: Cleanup 3
Ch 15: Battle of Beacon Aftermath
Ch 16: Finally Letting it Out
Ch 17: Getting Back to Normal
Ch 18: Return
Ch 19: Two Birds With One Stone
Ch 20: Finishing Cleanup
Ch 21: Holidays Off
Ch 23: Cowards are Never Trustworthy
Ch 24: Summer Vacation
Ch 25: Power
Ch 26: New War Brewing
Ch 27: Faces New and Old
Ch 28: Heartwarming Family Reunion
Ch 29: Back to Class
Ch 30: Downtime
Ch 31: Ready to Settle the Score
Ch 32: Might Makes Right
Ch 33: Retaliation
Ch 34: Nightmares Revealed
Ch 35: Chasing the Bird
Ch 36: Tying Up Loose Ends
Ch 37: Final Preparations
Ch 38: Last Goodbyes
Ch 39: The Strike Against Salem
Ch 40: Dark Mirror
Ch 41: Broken Promises
Ch 42: Peace at Last
Epilogue: Happy Family
Author's Note
Dark Mirror Ch 1: Fracture
Dark Mirror Ch 2: Doomsday
Dark Mirror Ch 3: The Enemy of My Enemy
Dark Mirror Ch 3.5: The Final Confrontation
Dark Mirror Ending 1
Dark Mirror Ending 2

Ch 22: The Game Resumes

1.4K 26 1
Von NoOneToRemember123

No Pov

Salem and Raven had finally agreed on their deal. Raven would open the vault, Tyrian would take the lamp, Lionheart would say nothing, and in return Salem would let Raven go for now. After all, she only needed the Maiden to open the vault. She would prefer to have that power on her side, but she was willing to play the cards she was dealt. Ozpin had two other maidens, but one was old and dying with Cinder nearby and the other was a child.

It was spring now. Y/N was still stuck with Yang, and she was still having her way with him. He was starting to get used to it, but he still blushed up a storm when she got close to him. After their argument in the winter he finally decided that until something else came up, he would indulge her. They had finally admitted how much they cared about each other so it wasn't as awkward when she started showing affection in public.

Y/N's Pov

I was training with her and again I eventually came out on top. She was still improving, though.

Y/N: "That's good."

Yang: "You think so?"

Y/N: "Yes. I think you will be able to handle what Ozpin will inevitably put you through."

Yang: "What about when we face Adam?"

Y/N: "If it happens again, don't just rush in. Try to bait him into coming at you."

Yang: "What about if your dad shows up too?"

Y/N: "You let me deal with him. With his semblance he'd tear you apart. He has the same advantage I do, and even more experience."

Yang: "So are you going to just... Leave? When the year starts?"

Y/N: "Wherever they send me."

Yang: "You can't stay?"

Y/N: "Depends what our enemies try."

Yang: "Speaking of which, if you aren't here, you need to tell us the whole story."

Y/N: "I told Ozpin that. I don't know what he wants to do."

Yang: "Didn't you want to before?"

Y/N: "We mostly just needed your help. We were going to keep you on a need-to-know basis, at least, I think that's what Ozpin was thinking."

Yang: "Ok. I know you don't want us in danger, but thanks for trusting us."

Y/N: "I've just learned that you are as stubborn as me sometimes." We went inside and had lunch.

No Pov

Tyrian went with Raven and the Spring Maiden down into the vault. They had managed to find a time where most students would be out of their way. The got down there, Tyrian grabbed the relic, and left. No confrontation or betrayal. None was needed. Both sides got what they were after.

Raven: "Just make sure to keep your end."

Tyrian: "But of course. Your brother is one of our enemies anyway. You have our word."

Vernal: "Your word means nothing." He left by the elevator.

Raven: "His actions show he isn't lying, at least for now. Salem has no reason to betray us. Yet."

Vernal: "In any case, we should get back. We probably don't have much more time." They left.

At the same time, Watts was heading to Atlas. Salem had declared Cinder unworthy of any real power, but it had been decided that she could at least make a good distraction. He would be joined by Emerald and Mercury, and they would let Cinder out mostly just to cause havoc. Of course, Watts did not tell them that. 

He was still locked out of most systems, but he was confident he could break into at least the prison mainframe to cause a jailbreak. This would give Ozpin's forces something to be distracted by instead of focusing on making sure they could get the Spring Maiden.

Qrow was in Atlas still reporting Ironwood's every move. For the time being, he was operating within his normal authority. Apparently his attempt at making a combat android had been such a success that they decided to upgrade her. But for now, Ozpin's people could only wait for Salem's next move.

Y/N was called to meet with Ozpin, alone, in person. Whatever it was, he wanted it to be completely private, even asking him to not even say they had met that day. Y/N had been with him long enough to know something big was happening. He came into Ozpin's rebuilt office, and saw Oscar there. Ozpin immediately took control and told Y/N to sit down.

Ozpin: "Thank you for coming."

Y/N: "What's happening?"

Ozpin: "Nothing happened. I just have decided that it's time for you to know about something."

Y/N: "Get to it then."

Ozpin: "I have not told you everything about Salem. She is not just old. She is older than humanity as we know it. And she can't be killed."

Y/N: "What?" Ozpin told him about the gods, how Salem got the original humanity wiped out and was made immortal. He told him about Ozma's quest to assemble the relics so that the gods would return. "We can't assemble them then. There's no way they'll think we are worthy."

Ozpin: "That is why I kept them at the schools. But Salem wants to put them all together so she can finally die. And... Unfortunately, they may be the only way to kill her."

Y/N: "Why tell me about this? Does Ironwood or Qrow know?"

Ozpin: "You are the only one that knows. I decided you are stubborn enough that the news that Salem is immortal will not stop you."

Y/N: "So this is why you want this off the books."

Ozpin: "Yes. No one can know."

Y/N: "I can keep a secret. You know that."

Ozpin: "Thank you."

Y/N: "So is there anything we can do then?"

Ozpin: "I have asked the relic of knowledge how I can beat her, but I never asked if anyone else can."

Y/N: "Why not ask it now?"

Ozpin: "I only realized that right now as I was telling you everything."

Y/N: "Which school is it at?"

Ozpin: "Lionheart's academy. But we need the Spring Maiden."

Y/N: "I can maybe threaten to expose her."

Ozpin: "I hope we can find another way, but we may have to. Go and meet with Raven again."

Y/N: "Alright." He turned and left.

Yang's Pov

Y/N got back and started packing.

Yang: "Leaving already?"

Y/N: "I won't be gone long."

Yang: "Where you going?"

Y/N: "Back to your mom. I need her help."

Yang: "What do you mean?" He told me she was the maiden after all.

Y/N: "I need her for something. Actually, can you come along? Maybe you will have an easier time convincing her."

Yang: "So we're doing the same thing again?"

Y/N: "Hopefully for the last time. We already know where her camp is. We leave tomorrow."

Yang: "Alright then." I grabbed him and we kissed for a while. "I wanna cuddle first though."

Y/N: "Let me finish packing." He did and we cuddled to sleep and got up early in the morning.

Timeskip

Y/N: "What?"

Raven: "I already opened it and gave it to her. There's nothing I can do."

Y/N: "What did the guy look like then?"

Raven: "Why should I tell you?"

Y/N: "Because if you don't, I'll show you what I did to the Fall Maiden." Mom looked surprised.

Raven: "That was you?"

Y/N: "She went down easy. Do you want the same thing?"

Raven: "Better for my people to be safe than for you to compromise my deal."

Yang: "Calm down, both of you!"

Raven: "Stay out of this, Yang. This doesn't concern you."

Yang: "Doesn't concern me? I want this to end as much as you! Do you even care?"

Raven: "I learned that I can't afford that."

Yang: "Is that why you left me? Why you left Dad?"

Raven: "Your father and uncle are fools. And this boy is too."

Y/N: "And fools are stubborn. Now give me what I want or I beat you to a pulp."

Yang: "Please Mom. It won't cost you anything."

Raven: "It could cost me everything."

Y/N: "If you answer my question, the chances that they will find out are fairly low. If you don't answer, your chances of losing are much higher."

Raven: "I would like to see you try."

Yang: "Stop fighting! We don't need to hurt each other! Mom, please just tell us what he looked like."

Raven: "Fine. He was a scorpion faunus who seemed to not be in a good state of mind. I think his name was Tyrian or something like that."

Y/N: "There, was that so hard?"

Raven: "You watch your tongue."

Y/N: "Or what? You'll run away again? Abandon your new family since you only care about yourself?"

Yang: "Stop. Let's just go." Before we left, Y/N turned back to her.

Y/N: "You've crossed a line. The next time we meet, we can either be allies, or you can find out how the Fall Maiden felt in her last moments." We left.

Yang: "Did you actually kill the person who took Amber's powers?"

Y/N: "No. But Raven needs to be as scared of us as she is of Salem."

Yang: "I thought you always just... I don't know, put people in jail."

Y/N: "I'm not a hero. I've had to do it a few times."

Yang: "Well, I guess that what we signed up for."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

48.9K 513 17
This story is about an assassin/mercenary who is very mysterious. He takes on assignments from most people and usually shows no mercy. On his most re...
10.8K 107 10
This is the story of a young man who tries his best to suppress his violent side and to stay calm. What will happen to him, when he enrolled in the f...
1.7K 98 6
The boy who ran from bis problems. Found his spirit and ran towards then. The story of Y/n and his adventures as a prospective student of Beacon aca...
14.7K 233 43
It's a new year at Beacon Academy and that means new students. Ace Dodger (You) is one of those new students. He has never been one to make friends b...