To Love a Hunter (Reader x Ca...

By kyloren24

Y/N "Eir" L/N is a new recruit of Rainbow, and catches the eye of everyone's favorite Brazilian Huntress More

Inferno
Healing Up
Together
Annoyance
Solution
Shot Through the Heart
Impulsive Action
Back to the Same Well
Support
Coming Around
Cut the Jokes
The Great Swap
Adjusting
The Fix...ish
Day Off
Incorrect Quotes
Roomates Part 1
Roommates Part 2
Street Chase
Trust Issues
Next Mission
Backup
All Part of the Plan...More or Less
Bed-locked
Recolor
Back at It
Shower Time (Lemon)
Double Date
Second Wind (Lemon)
Doc's News
New Objective
Incorrect Quotes Part 2
En Route
Gone Sideways
Forming a Plan
In the Wolf's Den
The Big Mission (Part 1)
The Big Mission (Part 2)
The Big Mission (Part 3)
The Big Mission (Part 4)
The Big Mission (Part 5)
The Big Mission (Part 6)
Aftermath
Epilogue

Setting Up

838 17 2
By kyloren24

-Y/N POV-

"Spikes laid down, EMP systems online" Caveira noted from next to me.  I lay prone overlooking a valley in the German mountains, where the convoy was said to pass through.  Dom and Monika were set up on the other side of the valley, and were waiting to pounce.  We decided to steak out atop the sides of the valley, to gain the high ground vantage points, and to jump down almost undetected.  Once Cav was laying prone next to me, I picked up my radio.

"This is team 1, we are all set over here"  I confirmed.

"Reed ya team 1" Bandit's voice came through.  "Confirming all set on our end"

"How do we know they won't be fucking over there?"  Cav blurted out after a second.  I shrugged.

"Same way we won't be: discipline" 

"Okay, but they could still be doing it"

"If they were, they would sound labored over the comms"  I spoke flatly, giving her a sideways glance.

"Copy that Caveira" Bandit's voice came through, startling us.

"You were listening?"  I asked.

"Your comms were on"  IQ informed.  "And for the record, we fucked just before this, so, we're satisfied."  Cav nodded, and focused her vision back down to the canyon below.  The helicopter had flown into a nearby field, awaiting an extraction call, so the four of us were on our own.  I had complete faith we could get the job done, although I couldn't help but worry a bit.

A little bit later, I heard someone ruffling through the duffle, and turned to see Caveira grab a cereal bar from it.  "Oh I stashed that like 5 years ago" I informed her, remembering that I had used that bag for an extraction mission in France.  Caveira looked me dead in the eye with a "try me" look, and took a bite from the bar.  "How is it?" I asked her.  She chewed a few bites before responding.

"It's dry" she spoke.  "It's really dry"  she spoke in a sarcastic tone, refocusing her attention to the ridge below. 

The wait was unbearable once the fifth hour rolled by.  Every few minutes, one of us stood up with binoculars and looked down each side of the ridge to search for oncoming caravans, and nothing of the sort came into view.  I looked across the way to IQ and Bandit, and from what I could see, while squinting, IQ was passed out from tiredness, and Bandit was slumped over on a rock, but still awake, and he was messing with his MP7.  All the while, Caveira had her sights trained on the canyon, determination clear on her skull-painted face.

"How do we know we're in the right canyon?"  I asked, just to make conversation.  Caveira lowered her M12.

"Only canyon for miles"  she spoke simply and dryly.

"And they're gonna come through the canyon?"  I asked.

"Only direct way to Berlin from the North-East"  she spoke, flat tone.  I sighed and laid back, letting myself rest on the uneven ground.  I began re-running various outcomes of our plan, looking for faults in the systems.  Not necessarily anything complicated, which will need a perfect series of events to go wrong, but minor things.  Things like, maybe, faulty tech, or an exposed exhaust port. 

"Hey, lazy ass, get up!" I heard Cav as she poked my gut with her SMG barrel.  I looked up, expecting to see a look of disgust, but instead, a face of determination stared me down.

"What's going on?"

"Bandit spotted the convoy.  Less than a minute out.  Get ready"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 1.4K 22
Y/N L/N was born in Toronto, Canada. He loves playing video games and his friends introduced him to Rainbow Six Siege. Join Y/N in his journey as he...
26.5K 309 23
An Ex-Ghost is recruited to Rainbow after turning to Contracting work to make ends meet after leaving the military.
7.4K 148 13
Rainbow 6 Siege x male Winter Soldier reader
15.6K 89 17
Randar. An Estonian Boy who would of lived a normal life, if it wasn't for the murder of his parents at the Age of 3 that broke him. Young and Tough...