Back to the Same Well

-3rd Person POV-

"Babe, please say something"  Caveira begged as Y/N sat there in silence, contemplating the new tattoo his girlfriend bore.  He had nothing against tattoos.  In fact, a good handful of the operators had various ones that he particularly found to be rather epic.  It was just the timing that felt uncanny to him.  Had she gone and got a tattoo in a week or so, or some time ago, he would have nothing against it.  However, she had gotten it while her emotions were a mess.  It led Y/N to believe something was changing in Caveira:  like she was going dark.  Well, darkER.

"I'll admit, the design is nice"  Y/N nodded, approving of the tattoo's image.  Caveira smiled a bit, lowering her shirt sleeve as she stood up off the couch.

"So...it's alright?"  she asked, hoping for a good response.  Y/N let out a troubled sigh as he stood up, placing his hands on Caveira's shoulders.

"I just can't help but worry, babe.  Only a few hours after you found out about your father's passing, you go and get inked up.  I just can't help but think that this'll lead down a dark path"  Caveira's smile faded, and her head dropped.  Y/N dropped his arms, grabbing Caveira's chin in his right hand, and lifting her head so their eyes met.  "I can never be mad at you, babe, and I'm not.  I just worry when you do something like this at an uncanny time."  Caveira nodded.

"I...I didn't mean to worry you.  It was an impulsive thing.  I saw the shop, and figured having a tattoo would keep my mind off of my father."  Caveira took her chin off of Y/N's hand and embraced him in a prolonged hug.  "The last thing I want to do is worry you.  I'm sorry."  she sniffled.  Y/N hugged back, rubbing up and down her back.

"It's okay, babe, trust me, it's fine.  I'm just glad you're still you."  Caveira smiled as they hugged, not wanting the embrace to end.

"I want you to stay in my room tonight"  she spoke as they broke apart.  "I want you to know I'm alright.  At least, on a mental level."  Y/N nodded, knowing her emotions will still be pretty rough for some time to come.  Slowly, he guided them to her room.  Multiple times during their trip from the lounge to the BOPE operative's room, Y/N found himself glancing at Caveira's new tattoo.  He hadn't lied earlier:  he really did think the design was seriously dope.  He just felt like this could bring her to possibly going...emo.  Realizing what he had thought, he discarded it quickly.  'Fool' he scolded himself.  'Just because she got one tattoo doesn't make her emo or goth.  Look at Valkyrie: her arms are covered in ink, and she's as un-goth and/or un-emo as you can get'.  Knowing it was just his mind jumping to conclusions, he pushed aside any though of Caveira becoming emo.  When they finally got to her door, Caveira opened it up, and the two were met by an icy blast of wind.

"Bloody hell"  Y/N cursed as he shivered from the wind.

"Idiota" Caveira scolded herself as she quickly shut the window.  "I always forget to shut the window."  Chuckling, Y/N sat down on Caveira's bed.  Moments later, she joined him, and soon, the two were in bed, cuddled under the covers, very close to dozing off for the night.

"I love you, Y/N"  Caveira yawned, nestling into the crook of Y/N's neck.  Y/N wrapped his arms around her in response, pulling her closer.

"I love you too, Cavy"  he replied. 

"Oh, before I forget, I'm walking around town again tomorrow."  Caveira spoke, just as they were about to fall asleep.

"Clearing you're head?"  Y/N asked.

"Yeah"  Caveira yawned, snuggling in as close as she could get to him.  "Night Y/N"

"Night Cavy"  Within the minute, both Y/N and Caveira were sound asleep.