The Big Mission (Part 6)

-Y/N- POV

I'll give this to the aged man:  he can put up one hell of a duel.  I was sweating a fair amount, feeling my arms weaken, trying in vain to hold the blade upright and steady.  When yet another attack came, i felt it's power course through both blades, transferring into my arms, causing them to weaken even further.

"I'll grant you Y/N, you have hella skills in you.  Where'd you learn?"  he asked me.  What is with this guy?  He's trying to kill me AND start a friendly chat?

"An old master actually"  I smirked, ducing away from a downward strike, going for a strike to his leg.  I heard the clang of the blades colliding, and I had to duck again to avoid losing my arm, possibly my head.  "Known as Candice"

"Candice?"  the General asked.  "I am unfamiliar with a master by that name,"  he spoke, spinning his blade around himself.  I snapped into action upon seeing his move.  I knew what was coming, and I did a spin move to avoid a shower of kunai from embedding into me.

"Yeah"  I spoke, standing back up fully.  "Candice nuts fit in yo mouth!"  As I said that I threw my blade at him, to which, as I would've predicted, he blocked easily as I charged him.

"A futile attempt.  You really think throwing your weapon and cracking nut jokes is gonna affect me?"  he asked, raising an eyebrow.  I shrugged.

"I dunno.  Maybe?"  I tackled him hard, as if he was about to score a touchdown at the superbowl.  I rolled off of him, grabbing my blade again, and turning to strike.  Only, he was a tad faster.  My breathing became rapid and staggered as i felt the cold metal of the blade go right through my gut.  I found enough energy to make a powerful rear elbow strike to his nose, basically breaking it.  It did the trick, getting him off of me.  I weakly got up, not daring to remove the sword, as that would be the dumb thing to do.  I felt a massive punch to the back of my head, knocking me down again, and I felt someone grip the katana that was in me.

"I offered you friendship"  the General sneered, ripping the katana out of me, causing me to cry out very loudly.  "And you spat in my face"

"Not y-yet I d-didn't"  I spat.  See what I did there?  He didn't seem to think it was too funny, as I felt another strong kick to my back, sending me fully crashing to the floor.  I heard him growl like a feral animal, and I could swear he was foaming at the mouth.  Yeah, he was definitely mad now.  I felt a blunt object strike the back of my neck, and all my wind was lost instantly.  How that happened, I dunno, but I've lost my wind enough to know how it feels.

"It's been fun, Y/N-"

"N-no I-it H-hasn't"  I coughed out.

"WILL YOU LET ME FINISH THE SENTENCE!?.  As I was saying, it's been fun...but all fun things must come to an end"

"J-just m-make it h-honer-able"  I wheezed.  The General chuckled.

"Honor is all I know"  he replied, moving into position to perform a Roman heroic execution.  Damn the Romans were brutal.  I braced myself for it, some tears flowing.  "T-Taina"  I wheezed.  "I...I'm sorry...."

BLAM

I jumped back just a bit as I heard a gunshot ring out.  I immediately checked myself for any wounds, but heard a thud from behind me.  I look back and see the General's lifeless body on the floor, blood spilling from where his eye once was, the socket now occupied by a bullet.  I felt a hand on my shoulder, but I was too weakened to fight.  Thankfully, a familiar, friendly voice came with the hand.

"Y/N!  C'mon, we're getting you outta here".  I smiled as Meghan hoisted me up, and practically carried me out of the building.  We passed several large fires and collapsing areas of the base, and I questioned just how much damage was done to get me out.

"We blowing this place?"  I asked her.  She smirked.

"Straight to Hell.  To the fiery pits of Hell, all the way down"  She ran through the building before coming to the exit and running out, just as the doorframe and everything above it came burning down, just missing us.  I saw Jager's chopper come in for a quick pick up, and when the door opened, I smiled at the face of Taina, who was the first off and helping me in.  Once I was in and we were given the OK, Jager got us out of there in a flash.  I laid back on the floor of the chopper, and Taina snuggled in next to me, not giving a good god damn about what any of the others thought of it.  I wrapped my arm around her, as Meghan tended to my wound, washing it out and bandaging it.

"Gustave will need a look at it when we get back, but it'll be alright"  she summed up.  I smiled and nodded.

"Thanks Meghan.  For getting me outta there"  Meghan smiled and waved me off, taking a seat.

"Don't mention it.  We all look after each other here"  I smiled back at her and felt an odd sensation of something being draped over us.  I looked back and saw Monika had draped a thin blanket over Taina and I as we lay on the floor.  I was gonna move us to a seat, but Taina's grasp on me tightened, holding us down to the floor.

"Tai-"

"No"

"Taina, let's-"

"We're staying here".  I sighed, knowing there was no arguing with her.  I just let her relax and snuggle in.  Albeit, the floor was not the most comfortable of places to lay down on, but for the time being, it suited our desires, and that was to be in each other's arms again, without a care or a worry.  And that's how we were for the ride back to base