Impulsive Action

-Y/N POV-

"Bloody hell"  I cursed, setting down my AK-12, and pressing the button to send my paper targets back up to the shooting line.

"What happened?"  Doc asked, peering over from the shooting stall next to me.

"My aim is way off"  I complained as the targets came up to me.  I took down one of the paper targets, and handed it to Doc to look over.  I got decent results, which were accurate, but I was a hell of a ways off from being precise.

"At least you hit lethal areas.  I can't hit for shit with this thing."  Doc stated, holding up his P90.  I chuckled, feeling better about my situation.  Setting the submachine gun back down, he sighed.  "I need more practice."  he mumbled.

"Or a muzzle brake"  I smirked, to which Doc chuckled.  After another couple hundred rounds, in which my precision increased, as did Doc's accuracy, Doc brought up the topic that was clawing the back of my mind.

"How's Caveira doing?"  he asked, cleary concerned for the BOPE operative's well being.  I sighed, putting the safety on on my AK-12 and set it back on the gun rack.

"She's still taking it pretty hard"  I noted as Doc hung up his P90.  I sat down on one of the armory's benches.  "I really appreciate you talking to her, Doc"  I thanked.  Doc nodded.  Basically, I got Caveira to talk to Doc about her situation, and he told her to take the day to relax herself, calm down, and collect her emotions.  She said she'll try, but it was already 1300 and I haven't seen her since we left Doc's office.

"No problem at all.  Have you heard anything from her since?"  he asked.  I shook my head. 

"I was gonna check up on her after this.  Tag along?"  I asked him.  The GIGN medic shook his head.

"I got to check up on Ash."  he mentioned.  I cocked my head, giving him a questionative look.

"She okay?" I ask, wondering how Ash of all people could injure herself.  Doc nodded.

"She's fine.  She sprained her ankle on a run this morning, so I just gotta go in and change her splint padding"  he summed up.  I nodded, glad that we didn't have two pretty hurt operators to take care of.  After saying goodbye to Doc, I made my way over to Caveira's room, and knocked on her door.  After a minute of silence, I knocked again.

"Cav?"  I called in.  Nothing.  "Cavy, you there?"  Silence.  I decided to come back, thinking she was probably napping.  Just to be sure, and not to have my mind worry if she was okay, I slowly opened her door, and peeked in.  Only, I was greeted by a bunch of inanimate objects.  Caveira wasn't in her room.  I found it odd, as I could've sworn she was in her room.  I was just about to leave when I saw a sheet of paper on her bed.  I knew it wasn't the letter, as Caveira keeps that on her.  As I approached it, I saw it was marked with my operator logo:  Two crossing swords and a boar's head in between;  the symbol of the Greek God Ares.  I took the paper in my hands, and flipped it over to reveal some writing.   It was short, but obviously it was written by Caveira.

Y/N,

If you're looking for me, I'm not in Hereford Base right now.  I'm taking a walk around the town to clear my head, per suggestion from Six.  I'll be back before it gets dark.  Don't wait for me.

Xx
Caveira

Chuckling, I folded the paper and pocketed it as I left Caveira's room, shutting the door behind me.  I smiled, knowing Caveira was at least okay.  I made my way over to the lounge, turning on the TV.  Might as well watch a movie before dinner.  Nothing else going on.

-Caveira POV-

'I definitely should've worn something heavier' I thought as the crisp autumn wind blew through my leather jacket and denim jeans.  I continued walking to the end of the street, jogging in place to keep myself warm while waiting for the stoplight to show the little white guy waking, signaling it is safe to do so.  It felt like eternity, but eventually, it did change, and seeing how I already was jogging in place, I jogged across the street, stopping at the other side to gather my surroundings.  I was officially within a 5 minute walking distance of Hereford, so, technically, I can stay out as long as I felt like. 

I was starting to get hungry, and I can thank some fairly aged sweet rum for that.  I stopped at a bar earlier for the drink, and left within 5 minutes when some drunken bastards tried to make a move.  Usually, I would knock them unconscious, or have them flee with a broken jaw, but since I was still trying to collect my emotions, I just left after my drink, tipping the bar tender extra.  I made a mental note to bring Y/N along with me if I were ever to head into that bar again, just so I can show him how protective of him I can get.

I still had about an hour of daylight left before sunset, so I figured walking around a bit more wouldn't hurt.  At the very least, it would help me take my mind off of my father.  I had a very close bond with my father back in Brazil, and I was hoping we could've scheduled a time for him to visit Hereford base (under Six's OK) and show him what we do (and maybe have Y/N ask for marriage permission), but now I can't plan on doing any of that.  I took a shaky breath as I remembered all the good times we had back in Brazil:  the vast beaches, visiting the Christ the Redeemer on vacation (great view) and the endless fun of soccer matches between family and friends. 

Wiping a tear from my eye, I round the corner of the block, but only make it a few feet when something catches my eye.  I backtrack a few paces, peering into the parlor, wondering if it was still open.  I saw it was:  the manager was at the register, probably counting the day's salary, and everything was still out.  I read the sign just to be sure:

Open:

Mon-Fri:  10 Am - 8 Pm

Sat-Sun:  11 Am - 6 Pm

I checked my watch, which read 19:24.  Yep, still open.  I stopped before going in, wondering what everyone would think...scratch that, what Y/N would think, if I went through with this.  I mean, I dress in full black and wear skull facepaint as my career.  Hell, I'm sporting a pretty scary-looking pair of skull earrings right now.  Doing this would be icing on the cake, even though I hate cake.  Pushing aside the conflicting thoughts, I headed into the shop.

"Ah, looking to get a bit of color?"  the owner asked as I walked in.  I shook my head.

"I'm trying to stick with a dark theme"  I mentioned.  The owner nodded, and got out his selection of whites, grays, and blacks.  Never knew there could be multiple shades of black.

"You have any idea what you want?"  he asked as I sat down, taking off my leather jacket and rolling the sleeve of my navy-blue t-shirt up.  I nodded.

"Anything skull related.  I'll leave specifics up to you"  the owner nodded and got to work, while I came up with a way to mention this to Y/N.

-Y/N POV-

"Good movie?"  someone asked from behind me.  I nearly jumped a foot in the air, caught off guard at the fact that there was someone watching me.  I turned around, but was relieved to see it was only Caveira.

"Decent"  I shrugged, letting out a breath, pausing the movie.  "Also, don't sneak up on me like that"  Caveira laughed a bit, flopping onto the couch next to me.  I draped my arm around her shoulders, and she fell into me, taking a shaky breath.  "How are you feeling?" I asked.  She shrugged.

"Better, I guess."  she admitted. I nodded.

"The walk around the town help?"  I asked.

"Yep.  Still will be a while before my emotions are fully in check though."  she admitted.  I chuckled, playing with her hair a bit.

"I would expect so.  Take the time you need to process it.  I'm always here for you, Cavy."  I kissed her on the forehead.  She smiled, but just as quickly as the smile came, it was gone.

  "Though, there IS something I need to tell you"  she spoke up.  I cocked my head to look at her, eyebrow raised.

"What is it babe?  You can tell me anything."  She sighed, sitting upright.

"It's something I need to show you.  But, please don't freak out"  she said.

"I won't"  I promised, growing a bit concerned.  She took a shaky breath, then slowly lifted up her right shirt sleeve, facing her arm out to me.  I gasped when I saw it:  there, on the upper area of her arm, was a crystal clear Jolly Roger tattoo.