speedy | bakugo katsuki x fem...

By alexspotatoes

She was the average teenager who had a suitable Quirk and desire to become a hero - which was pretty much the... More

introduction
1 | welcome to u.a.
2 | combat training
3 | co-op
4 | voting
5 | off to the rescue!
6 | beware the power of the dark side
7 | off to the rescue, this time for real
8 | rivalry
9 | stretches, punches and insecurity
10 | booing
11 | speed vs speed
12 | riled up
13 | perverts!
14 | wins and losses
15 | twitch
16 | first and disappointed
17 | lord explosion murder? it's no good
18 | bunny hero: miruko!
19 | even though he told her not to text . . .
20 | . . . she texted anyway
21 | pettiness
22 | you're so loud
23 | best jeanist, i choose you!
24 | examination
25 | fist-pump
26 | villains go shopping, too?
27 | school pool
28 | playing in the mud
29 | pajamas
30 | paris, rome, tokyo
31 | the stairs in front of the cabin
32 | knifework
33 | target, 'kacchan'
34 | slowster
35 | rescuers
37 | late night talks
38 | room tour
39 | bakugo's room
40 | friends
41 | examinees
42 | comfort
43 | the sleepover
44 | barging
45 | kirishima the wise
46 | clueless
47 | overuse
48 | shie hassaikai
49 | quirk erasure bullets
50 | location sharing

36 | kamino ward

3.9K 154 19
By alexspotatoes

i'm not dead y'all, just unmotivated, but i finally finished the part of the story i was dreading to write so maybe i'll have more inspiration now oop

- - -

Y/n's leg bounced as she sat next to Momo on the train, her eyes staring out the circular window. Her thoughts were still clouded with worry, her mind speeding faster than the train. The two hour ride to Yokohama was almost over and Y/n couldn't wait to get off the train and search for Bakugo.

It's been almost 24 hours since Bakugo got kidnapped and with each passing hour Y/n felt like puking more and more.

"Y/n?''

She looked at Momo, who had a worried expression on her face. Was she also worried about Bakugo? She probably was, they are classmates, after all.

''What?'' She didn't mean to sound rude, but it didn't come out as nice as she intended.

"We'll find Bakugo soon. Please, you need to calm down,'' Momo spoke, putting her hand on Y/n's shoulder.

''I am calm.''

"You've been biting your nails for the past half an hour.''

Ah. So Momo picked up on that. She wasn't the vice class rep for nothing. ''Sorry, I can't help it.''

''Bakugo's strong, he can handle himself. If anything, we should be worried about finding the League of Villains beaten up rather than Bakugo himself.''

Y/n let out a dry chuckle. If the situation wasn't as bad as it was, she probably would've found it funnier. But until she saw Bakugo standing in front of her with her own two eyes, her leg was not going to stop bouncing.

''Yeah, you're probably right. Thanks, Momo.''

- - -

Y/n loved Momo, she really did. She was one of her best friends, after all. But right at that moment, as she six U.A. students stood in the middle of the large shopping district, dressed in fancy clothes Y/n never thought she would wear, she was starting to question her friend's judgement.

They were loosing time. How was Bakugo doing while they were basically playing dress-up? Was he okay? Were they manipulating him? Threatening him? It felt like those questions have been running on repeat like a broken record in her head for the past day.

''And now, a scene from events that have just transpired.'' The group turned to look at the big screen, each of their eyes widening as they saw Aizawa, Vlad King and Principal Nezu on the huge screen. ''Here's a clip of the public apology issued by the off i'll at U.A. Academy.''

Aizawa was apologizing about what had happened at the training camp, though the public didn't seem to take it as well as one would expect. They were questioning U.A. as Principal Nezu said they were going to do everything they can to ensure their students' safety.

Now wasn't the moment to sit and watch a video, however. They had something more important to do. Turning to her friends, Y/n spoke louder than usual to get their attention. ''Guys, we gotta go, we're loosing time!''

- - -

After having a small accident with a bunch of perverts, the group made their way to a narrow, gloomy street as not to draw much attention. It was starting to get a bit claustrophobic in the street, but she couldn't think about that now. The only goal on her mind was saving Bakugo and that seemed to push any other fear she had to the back of her head.

"There's a window here!''

After deciding that Midoriya, Kirishima and Y/n would be lifted up to see what was inside the building, Iida, Todoroki and Momo lent each their shoulder for their friends. Kirishima had bought a crazy expensive night vision camera and was going to use it to see if Bakugo was inside the building.

Y/n and Midoriya simply leaned on the fence as Kirishima looked inside, Y/n almost stumbling and falling backwards as Kirishima gasped. ''Midoriya, L/n, look!''

Kirishima handed Y/n the night vision glasses first. She took a look inside the building, her eyes widening behind the lenses. ''What the fuck?''

She handed them over to Midoriya, who had the same reaction as the other two. ''Nomus?''

- - -

Y/n, very much like her friends, felt like throwing up.

The six students were hiding behind whatever was left of the wall, unsure of what to do. The majority wanted to escape, to let the heroes do their job. They were mere students, mere first years - how were they supposed to fight villains that even the heroes couldn't take on?

No. They weren't here to fight villains, Y/n remembered. They were here to save Bakugo. If that meant getting a few bruises, she didn't mind. Bakugo was important to her and she didn't leave important people behind.

And yet, as she gave herself the internal pep talk, she still couldn't get her body to move.

As Midoriya started to move, Iida grabbed his and Todoroki's shirts, not letting them move an inch more. He'd said he would protect his friends and that was exactly what he would do.

Y/n heard an explosion followed by Bakugo's yell and that seemed to wake her up from her trance. She looked up, though couldn't see anything from the debris except the random lights appearing from Bakugo's explosions as he tried to defend himself. He was surrounded by no less than two villains and he had no chance of escaping on his own.

Y/n wanted to jump out, to go help him, but she couldn't fight the villains. They weren't allowed to, anyway. But how else were hey going to rescue him? They had to think and they had to do it fast.

''Guys, I'll just go grab Bakugo real quick and bring him here and then we can run away.'' It was a stupid plan, one that probably wouldn't work, but what other choice did they have?

''That's too risky, L/n.'' Todoroki shook his head. ''If one of the villains were to take you down, you'd be in as much danger as Bakugo is.''

''Iida! Everyone!''

"Don't even think about it, Midoriya!''

''No! There's a way!''

Midoriya turned to Y/n, determination written all over his face. He had a plan, of course he had. Every day, Y/n was reminded how amazing her classmates were. ''L/n, you're the key to making this plan a success.''

She wasn't sure what Midoriya had in mind, but nodded anyway. If it was going to save Bakugo, she was all in. ''What do I have to do?''

- - -

Y/n's fingers were twitching badly as she stood on Kirishima's left with Iida on his right. She tried to hold in all the energy she'd managed to generate in the small amount of time they had, keeping her eyes closed for extra concentration.

She felt like she was going to explode.

Once Midoriya gave them the go, Kirishima broke through the wall with his hardening and Todoroki created a huge ice slide and Iida grabbed Kirishima and L/n, speeding up the platform.

''L/n, now!''

''You have to be the one to call him, L/n. You're the only one he'll listen to.''

Her eyes snapped open, shining a bright, electric blue - she wasn't going to last much longer. ''BAKUGO! COME HERE!''

At the call of his name, Bakugo looked up to see the flying Y/n, Kirishima and Iida. There were sparks surrounding Y/n, looking as if she was about to explode any second now.

With the help of his explosions, Bakugo blasted himself up and towards his friends - not that he'd admit they were his friends, but now wasn't the time to open that topic - and grabbed Kirishima's outstretched hand, a huge smirk on his face.

''You idiots!''

Y/n, however, had no time to comment on Bakugo's remark. Her eyes locked at the man All Might was fighting - All for One, she presumed. ''I'M LETTING GO, BRACE FOR IMPACT!''

And so, Y/n let herself relax, the blue force field leaving her body and releasing the built up stress. Her eyes started dropping and she heard yelling, but in her half-conscious state she couldn't exactly hear who was saying what.

She felt Iida's grip on her waist tighten as her body went limp, the group of four now flying in the opposite direction of the fight.

Y/n didn't actually pass out this time around.

She was lightheaded and her eyes were closed and her body was limp, but she could still hear the yells of her friends and the wind blowing through her clothes. She also felt Kirishima's body hardening under her, saving her from possible death from hitting the concrete. His chest wasn't soft - hence his quirk - so the fall still wasn't very soft.

''Fuck,'' she finally managed to peel her eyes open, seeing that she was still lying on top of Kirishima. ''Thanks for the catch.''

''C'mon, we gotta go to the main street before someone sees us.''

Y/n looked around, seeing Bakugo and Iida already standing up and Kirishima joining them. Her legs felt heavy and her head was still slightly spinning, but there was no time for rest now.

''Yo, Speedy, hurry the fuck up.'' Bakugo extended his hand to her. She looked at him, still rather disoriented after she released her energy. Bakugo, noticing her state, grabbed her hands himself and pulled her up, making sure she can actually stand before he started pulling her along with Iida and Kirishima.

She watched the back of his head as they walked. This felt like a dream. Did they really just save Bakugo? What about her shock attack, did it hit All for One and the rest of the villains she spotted? Did that technically count as attacking?

''. . . Bakugo?''

He looked at her, though didn't stop walking. ''What?''

''Are you . . . okay?''

''Huh? Yeah, I'm fine, whatever. You look like you're about to pass out, though, dumbass.''

If he could insult her lightheartedly, he must be fine. ''Just give me a few minutes, I'll be fine.''

Bakugo wasn't sure if he wanted to believe her or not, but he had no choice right now. He slowed down slightly so he could match her pace properly, ready to catch her if she were to faint for real.

"Successful rescue!"

"LISTEN ALRIGHT? I DIDN'T GET RESCUED BY ANYONE, I JUST FIGURED IT'D BE EASIER TO ESCAPE WITH YOU IDIOTS!''

''Whatever you say!''

''The reason I came along was . . . because I didn't want to get in All Might's way.''

Helicopters buzzed in the sky and soon enough the big screens on the buildings broadcasted the scene was Kamino Ward for the whole of Japan to see. As the smoke on the screen cleared up, a thin, almost skeleton-like person stood in the middle, draped in All Might's clothes.

''All Might . . .?''

At the revaluation, Y/n's right leg gave out, though she wasn't sure if it was due to shock or tiredness. Bakugo quickly caught her, letting her sit on the ground properly so she wouldn't hurt herself. He was kneeling next to her, still holding onto her as she had her arm around his shoulders for support.

Yet, the two couldn't peel their eyes away from the screen, much like everyone else.

''DON'T LOOSE, ALL MIGHT!''

''YOU CAN DO IT!''

''GO, ALL MIGHT!''

The public encouraged the Number One Hero to go on, to fight and finish off the villains. Bakugo gripped onto Y/n's hand as he, too, joined the cheering, his voice filled with despair.

''WIN! ALL MIGHT!''

Bakugo was breathing heavily, sweating, shaking and not letting go of Y/n's hand, as if it was his only anchor at the moment. It might as well have been, considering he was watching his favorite hero die right in front of him.

''There's so much we heroes have to protect. And that's why we don't loose!''

Everyone watched in astonishment as All Might yelled ''UNITED STATES OF SMASH!'' and took down All for One. All Might was still standing and, typically, raised his fist up in victory, causing the crowd to erupt in cheers.

''ALL MIGHT!!!!''

By now, Y/n was gripping Bakugo's hand as well and she would've been surprised if neither of them had broken a bone. A few tears rolled down her cheeks as she watched the era of the beacon of hope come to an end - what happens now?

Suddenly, All Might's hand fell, his finger pointing towards the camera. Speaking to the villains, All Might's broken voice spoke two words. ''You're next.''

Bakugo finally let go of her and stood up properly, eyeing Midoriya, who was bawling at All Might's words. Had they moved him that much?

Y/n started to get up, finally starting to feel her legs again. Bakugo, hearing her shuffle, turned around and helped her stand up, though he seemed distraught. ''Bakugo? Are you okay?''

He didn't respond, but rather looked back at Midoriya, who was drying his tears by now. Y/n gave him a worried look, unsure of what Bakugo was thinking about and how she could help him.

Today had been a tiring day. Now that Bakugo was safe, she couldn't wait to go home and crash in her bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.1K 963 29
๐˜/๐ ๐‹/๐, ๐€ ๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ ๐๐Ž๐‘๐ ๐ˆ๐๐“๐Ž a world where 80% of the human population possesses a super human ability called a 'quirk'. Y/N was specia...
616K 22.3K 44
โ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐š๐Ÿ๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐š๐œ๐ž, ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž๐ง, ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅโž - - - Student: Y/n L/n Nยฐ: 21 Quirk: Spider Two worlds that no one really...
297K 8.1K 32
ใ€Ž๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐˜†...ใ€ Her quirk changed everything the minute it appeared. "You will alway be a villain." "I know. That's...
229 6 8
Mai Megumi, your average teenage girl...with an awesome Quirk and an aim to be a hero! She might just be that one person in Class 1A who's actually o...