Us. | A Joe Jonas FanFiction...

By joemylovee

Marry Me. Joe & Addison have had a rollercoaster of a relationship. Will they make it through the next chapt... More

Introduction
one.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty seven.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
forty three.
forty four.
forty five.
forty six.
forty seven.
forty eight.
forty nine.
fifty.
fifty one.
fifty two
fifty three.
fifty four.
fifty five.
fifty six.
fifty seven
Addie:)
fifty eight.
fifty nine.
sixty.
sixty one.
sixty two.
sixty three.
sixty four.
sixty five.
sixty-six.
sixty seven.

two.

477 5 6
By joemylovee

Living a life where I grew up in my parents' shadows, I had never been one to expect very much from an engagement or even marriage in general. I never thought I'd find someone that I was genuinely interested in. I always assumed I'd be forced into an arranged marriage with someone that lived the same life I had been forced to live. Which would not include engagement photos.

"Babe, you almost ready?" Joe asks from the other room.

"She'll be ready in just a minute, I just need to touch up," Marilyn states as he turns the corner and peeks into the room.

"Another touch up?"

"Do you want photos to be flawless or not?" she asks, giving him a look.

Joe puts his hands up in defense, chuckling and walking back downstairs.

"There. Done." She smiles, taking a step back from me. Now, we need to just get you dressed."

"I'm pretty sure I can do that part," I tell her, grinning and getting off the chair before grabbing the dress and changing into it.

"You look gorgeous," she says once I exit the bathroom.

"Thank you," I smile at her, slipping on my shoes and walking down the stairs.

"Wow," Joe reacts before I can finish stepping off the last step.

"Stop," I roll my eyes.

He chuckles. "I can't help it. You look amazing."

"Thank you. Can we go get these over with now?"

He laughs. "I thought you wanted to get these done!"

"I do but I'm tired now."

It's his turn to roll his eyes and we both get into the car, Joe driving us to the remote location.

"This is really pretty," I say as we get out... in the middle of nowhere.

"I figured it was far enough out of the way no one would see us," he chuckles, grabbing my hand and leading me towards the photographer.

"Joe! Addison! Hi!"

"Hey man, what's up?" Joe says, shaking his hand.

"Missed you two! You're my favorite to shoot." He responds.

"You're totally just saying that" I joke.

"I'm really not," he says in the same tone, giving me a look.

I laugh lightly, allowing him to move on to some ideas he has and Joe agreeing. I simply wait to be told what to do, looking around our scenery and enjoying the quiet location.

A half hour and many poses later, Joe finally takes a step back from me, causing me to give him a look. "What are you doing?"

"Well, our engagement was sudden and unexpected, and you see when I proposed, I wasn't prepared."

"This is true," I agree, nodding.

"But I am now," he says, pulling a box out of his pocket.

"Joseph Adam," I start shaking my head.

He chuckles, opening the box to show a gorgeous ring.

"Joe," I gasp, covering my mouth. "It's beautiful."

"You like it?" he asks, squinting. "I know it's kind of a lot... that's not really your style."

"It's more than I could've imagined," I admit. "But I love it."

He smiles in satisfaction, taking the ring off and sliding it on my finger.

I step forward, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing him.

"Thank you."

He shakes his head. "No, thank you. For being the best thing that's ever happened to me."

Another half hour later, Joe and I make our way back to our car, getting in and letting out deep breaths.

"That was a lot," Joe sighs. "In a good way."

I lift my hand, taking a moment to admire Joe's good work.

He chuckles. "You really do like it?"

I look over. "Joe, I love it."

He grins. "Good."

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. For the past six and a half months, it's been Joe and me. Just the two of us. Like it was when we first met and felt so good. It was nice for us to not have to worry about what our families were thinking. Well... we didn't have to worry about his. Mine knew and were happy we were back together. They have seen for themselves how much better I am as a person with Joe in my life. I have no doubt they'll be supportive of our engagement as well... even with it being fast.

Joe's family, on the other hand, I find myself thinking about a lot. From what we had talked about, they were upset with the fact that we broke up. They had thought what he always says to me. I was the best thing that happened to him. Those are his words, not mine. I think I make things complicated but he, of course, insists otherwise. Anyway, with this being the case, I have no doubt they'll be supportive of us being back together. However, something tells me they won't be so fond of the engagement. I feel as though they'll think it's too fast. With how many problems we had when we were last together, why would we think it would work just because we plan to get married? Of course, we could come back with the whole, 'we've done couples' therapy' and 'we've been working on ourselves separately to make sure we're ready and good with our communication'. But the Jonas's... they can be a little difficult to please sometimes. Mostly Mrs. Jonas. I can't blame her. She wants the best for her children. What mother wouldn't? She doesn't want them to hurt, she wants them happy and healthy, and I can do nothing but agree. My only fear is that it'll have an effect on our relationship. We're doing so well... I want nothing to ruin it.

"What's on your mind?" Joe asks, one hand on the wheel, one finding my thigh.

I sigh. "I'm getting nervous."

"Nervous?" he asks, looking between me and the road frantically. "About what?"

"Relax," I tell him, placing my hand on his. "Not us. I have no doubts about us. Ever."

He nods. "Then what?"

I let out a breath. "Telling people."

"That we're together or-"

"The engagement, mostly."

He licks his lips. "Elaborate for me?"

I grin. "I'm nervous to tell your family."

"My family?"

I nod. "Yeah. I have no doubts about mine. They know for a fact that I'm all around better with you. They're going to be supportive one hundred and fifty percent."

"But."

"Your family's a little more intense."

He nods.

"I have no doubt they'll be happy we're back together, but I keep wondering if they'll be supportive of our engagement. Just because..."

"It happened really fast, and they won't believe we've worked on our relationship enough to be ready."

I nod slowly. "Exactly."

Joe licks his lips, taking a moment to compose his thoughts. "I have thought about it time and time again. My biggest fear isn't my brothers or even my distant family... but my parents, specifically my mom."

"She wants the best for you."

"You are the best thing for me."

"I believe she thinks that. But I also believe that she will have her own reservations about our relationship based on our past."

"We've worked on all that."

"I don't think that'll matter much when we first tell her." I admit.

He nods. "Then we'll have to prove it to her."

I look to him. "Yeah, we will."

"Are you sure you're okay?" he asks, squeezing my thigh gently.

"Yes. I believe in us so strongly at this point. I have no doubt that we can make it through whatever is thrown at us. I just... hope it doesn't come from such a close, important person in our lives."

Joe nods. "I can agree with that. It's nerve wracking to think it might come from someone so important. The doubt. But I think as long as we stick together through it and we prove how dedicated we are to each other and how much we love each other... even if there is doubt, she'll come around."

I grin over at him. "Thank you. For the reassurance."

"Of course," he says, flipping his hand to grab my hand, putting it to his lips and pressing them to the back of it softly.

"So, in other topic," I start.

He grins.

"We should have the photos back in just a couple days and then we can send out announcements and plan our date to announce on social media."

He nods. "Yes, we can plan that whenever, really. When were you thinking?"

"Well, by the time we have our dinners with our families then most others should receive the announcement, so I say around the same time. Afterwards, of course."

"Yeah, that works for me." He smiles.

"Perfect," I smile, looking out the window as we arrive to my apartment complex.

Going upstairs, both of us change and I take my makeup off, running the brush through my hair making the curls look more like loose waves before entering the bedroom where Joe is sprawled out on the bed.

"What are you doing?" I ask, laughing.

"Chillin' like a villain."

I roll my eyes. "We need to call our families and make these dinner plans."

He nods. "Should I call my family first or do you want to?"

"I'll go first," I say, grabbing my phone and dialing Hope's number.

"Hey girl hey," she answers.

"Hey! I was wondering if you and Tori would be able to come to Jersey for dinner with me, Joe and my family."

"Yeah! Of course! When?" she asks.

"October 5th?"

"Works for us!"

"Awesome, you're the best."

"Love you!"

"Love you too."

I next dial Stella's number.

"Hey!" she quickly answers

"Hey babe, how's University?!"

"Amazing! I'm having a blast!"

"That's awesome. I have a question though."

"What's up?"

"Would you be available to come to Jersey for a big dinner on October 5th?" I ask. "Hope and Tori are coming, and I'd really like for you to meet my parents."

"Oh my gosh! Yes! I'd love to meet them!"

"Awesome! So, you'll meet us in Jersey, or do you want to fly with us?"

"I can just meet you guys there!"

"Okay, cool. It's a plan. I'll send you more details once I have them all figured out."

"Okay!" she answers, hanging up a moment later.

Last but not least, I dial my mom's number, knowing they'll be more than excited for a dinner.

"Hey sweetie!" she answers.

"Hey honey!" my dad says, letting me know I'm on speaker.

"Hey! I'm actually glad you both answered! Joe and I were gonna be in Jersey on the fifth and sixth and wanted to see if we can do a dinner thing and have Hope and Tori come out and maybe even Stella so you can meet her?"

"Yeah! That would be great! Which night are you thinking the fifth or sixth?"

"Sixth is probably better. I think Joe said something about finally telling his family we're back together on the fifth."

"Oh wow! That must mean you guys are doing good!"

"Yeah, we're doing really good, mom. I'm happy."

"Good. I'm glad. We will plan on the sixth then!"

"Awesome, I love you guys."

"Love you!" my dad responds.

"Love you sweetie!"

We hang up and look over to Joe. "Well, my parts done."

He gives me a look.

I stick my tongue out at him before kissing him. "You got this."

He first dials Kevin's number. Knowing he'll probably be host for housing if everyone agrees.

"Hey man, long time no talk." Kevin answers.

"Yeah, I know. I've been crazy busy," Joe chuckles. "How's Dani and the girls?"

"Oh, they're good! The girls have been asking for you though. When you coming to visit?"

"I was actually calling to try and make plans, but I was hoping to get the whole family together. I wanted to talk to you first since everyone stays at your place most of the time," Joe chuckles.

Kevin laughs. "Um, I mean it shouldn't be a problem. When were you thinking?"

"Like two weeks?" Joe asks. "October fifth or so?"

"Oh yeah, I think Nick's already staying with us. Let me look."

A moment of silence.

"Yeah!" Kevin says. "Nick will already be here so that'll be perfect. Do you wanna call mom and dad and Frankie? Or you want me to?"

"Nah, I got it man. I'll see you in two weeks!"

"Alright man, love ya."

"Love you," Joe says, hanging up afterwards.

"Well, that's two in one," I state, giving him a look. "Lucky."

He chuckles, dialing Frankie's number and easily getting him on board.

Lastly, he calls his parents.

"Hey, me and your dad were just talking about you."

"Really?" Joe chuckles.

"Yeah, what's up hon?"

"I was just talking to Kev and he said Nick was gonna be staying there in two weeks. I felt like maybe we were due for a family dinner if you guys were free."

"Oh! Yeah, absolutely! That would be fun. Two weeks you said?"

"Yeah, it looks like the fifth works good for everyone. I already talked to Frankie and he's gonna come." Joe says, winking at me.

I roll my eyes, a cheesy smile playing on my lips.

"Yeah, we can make it the fifth!" she says, obviously excited.

"Woo!" he exclaims. "I'm excited. Schedules almost never match up."

"I know. I'm excited too! But honey we gotta get to the restaurant so can we talk more later?" she asks.

"Yeah, of course mom."

"Alright, love you sweetie."

"Love you," he says, hanging up. "WE'RE ALL SET!"

"HOLY SHIT!" I exclaim.

"WE'RE ANNOUNCING OUR ENGAGEMENT BABY!"

I laugh as he stands jumping up and down and engulfing me in a hug.

"You're actually insane," I tell him.

He shrugs. "Yeah, maybe. What do you want for dinner?"

"Don't we have a frozen pizza?" I ask as he enters the kitchen.

He opens the freezer, nodding. "We DO have a frozen pizza."

"Perfect."

He takes it out and bakes it while we start to watch our current obsession... the show YOU on Netflix.

Sure, it's weird and creepy but it's pretty good.

"The fact that this show only has one season so far sucks." Joe says, putting his arm around me.

"I said that yesterday."

"And you were right." He says.

I roll my eyes and soon the pizza's ready.

We take a break from our show to eat, making it a habit to spend time and talk during meals is something we started making a point to do.

"So," he starts.

"Oh boy." I sigh.

He chuckles. "I was just gonna ask if you had any wedding ideas."

"Oh!" I smile. "Actually yes."

He raises his brows. "Oh?"

"Yes."

"Like?"

"I don't know if you'd be down for it."

He licks his lips. "Try me."

"I want a winter wedding. Like an actual winter wedding with snow and shit."

He raises his brows, pouting for a second in a 'oh I'm intrigued' way. "I'm interested."

"Colors."

He raises his brows further.

"Dark red... and forest green."

He raises them even further, if possible. "I see it. "

"You like?"

"I do." He nods. "Ooo I got goosebumps."

I laugh, running my hand over his goosebump covered arm.

We finish dinner, talking a few more ideas before watching one more episode of our show and deciding it was time for Joe to leave so I could go to bed.

"I love you; I'll see you tomorrow." Joe yells over his shoulder one more time.

"I love you too! See you tomorrow!" I respond and wait for the front door to slam closed before looking at Porky. "Bedtime Porks."

He jumps on the bed, spinning a few times before laying down.

I wait until I get a text from Joe saying he got home, watching tv until I text back a 'goodnight, I love you'. Then, I turn the tv off, getting comfortable and cuddling with Porky before falling asleep comfortably.

***

alrighty friends, I actually meant to put this up last friday and totally thought I did, but turns out I didn't so I am SO sorry!

Anyways, I wanna get to know you guys a little more and I want you to get to know me!

Question of the week: Where are you from?!

My answer: Delaware, USA

Comment where you're from below!

all my love,

shan:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.1K 1.8K 58
Sequel to 'Avalanche' They're happy and engaged but what happen's when something unexpected ultimately tests their love?
50.6K 727 12
finished - july 7, 2019 In which they've got way too much history to push each other away.
15K 324 33
Joe and Addison are finally together... Then, Addison's life is turned upside down... again. And all Joe can do it hope they'll get through it toge...
23.4K 673 37
Alena never asked to be bullied, she never asked to be miserable, and she never asked for her life to suck, but will she get pushed too far? will she...