Destined To Be: Izuku x Ochak...

Door LD13950

Quirkless AU- Izuku Midoriya, 18 years old and about to attend UA University, the top academy for only the br... Meer

Prologue
Chapter 1: Old Doors, New Opportunities
Chapter 2: Meeting Her
Chapter 3: I'll Take It!
Chapter 4: Moving In
Chapter 5: First Day Of A New Life- Part 1
Chapter 6: First Day Of A New Life- Part 2
Thank You All For 1K+ Reads!
Chapter 7: First Day Of A New Life- Part 3
Chapter 8: A Morning With Mitsuki
Chapter 9: Meeting The Rest Of The Family- Part 1
Chapter 10: Meeting The Rest Of The Family- Part 2
Chapter 11: Meeting The Rest Of The Family- Part 3
New Book Announcement
Chapter 12: Meeting The Rest Of The Family- Part 4
Chapter 13: Preparing For The Experience Of A Lifetime
Chapter 14: Ochako's First Night Out
Chapter 15: Himiko's Hyperbolic Happiness
Chapter 16: Jealousy Rears Its Ugly Head
Chapter 17: Eri's Mischievous Mission
Chapter 19: A Final Night Of Fun- Part 2
Chapter 20: A Final Night Of Fun- Part 3
Chapter 21: A Final Night Of Fun- Part 4
Chapter 22: A Final Night of Fun- Part 5
Chapter 23: A Morning At The Midoriya Manor
Chapter 24: The Unimaginable UA University Experience
Chapter 25: UA's Student System
Chapter 26: Reunions And New Faces
Chapter 27: Eri's Exclusion?!
Chapter 28: Ochako's Birthday?
Chapter 29: The Guest List
Chapter 30: A Celebration To Be Remembered- Part 1
Chapter 31: A Celebration To Be Remembered- Part 2
Chapter 32: A Celebration To Be Remembered- Part 3
Chapter 33: Aftermath & Preparation
Author's Note.
Chapter 34: New Experiences
Chapter 35: Sparking A Competitive And Romantic Fire
Chapter 36: Sunset Of The Heart
Chapter 37: Tell Me Something I Don't Know
Chapter 38: Coming Out Swinging
Chapter 39: Ochako and Izuku's Green Eyes
Chapter 40: Fun and Games
Chapter 41: A Lesson In Disguise
Chapter 42: Changes
Chapter 43: Unexpected Expectations
Chapter 44: One Step At a Time
Chapter 45: Pulling Strings
Chapter 46: A Balancing Act
Chapter 47: Waking Up To the Unknown

Chapter 18: A Final Night Of Fun- Part 1

656 23 46
Door LD13950

A/N: Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well, and yes, your eyes don't deceive you, I am indeed uploading on time, I hope. I don't know if this will come out on time since I'm writing this at the start, but if not, well it'll just be normal.
And a quick thank you to everyone for 8K reads! I know it's late, but since I hit the milestone after I uploaded my other chapter, I thought I'd mention it here. I can't wait until we get to 10K though, and I'm sure you'll all make that happen a lot sooner than I expect. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

"Okay okay, Nejire we're dueting a song, and I'm getting a drink, do you want anything?" Mirio asked, cutting off Izuku and Eri, who were both about to compliment Ochako on her singing, as they could hear her muffled voice in the halls of the karaoke bar.

"Woah woah, first off, you're driving so no alcohol, and the same goes for me. Second of all, how the hell did you find us?!" Nejire exclaimed, utterly shocked to see the rest of her friends there, glancing around the room.
She saw Ochako and Himiko standing as a pair, which relieved her, considering their altercation of sorts in the car earlier, Camie and Katsuki holding each other, which warmed her heart to see, and finally the Midoriya siblings, who were previously standing next to her partner in crime, Mirio "Dumbass" Togata.

"Nejire, don't act like we haven't been drunk and driven before. Second of all, Eri's crush was at this place at the same time you arrived, so she figured it out and we came here to surprise you." Mirio replied as he grinned deviously, looking over at the white-haired girl.

"ERI HAS A CRUSH?! WHO? SINCE WHEN? WHAT ARE THEY LIKE? WHAT DOES SHE LIKE ABOUT THEM? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!" Nejire bellowed out, her voice deteriorating as she yelled out loud, since she may have forgotten to breathe whilst she spoke.

Eri, who would have heard Nejire's outburst even if she wore the noise-cancelling headphones, went red in the face, her blushing, embarrassed and angry face giving off a deep shade of red.
"Nejire can you calm down?! I'll tell you later..." Eri replied, her voice going from an angry retort to a bashful comment, representing her ever-changing mood when it came to Kota.

(A/N: Two back-to-back references there, let's see who can get these ones!)

"Hmmmmmmmm fine! But you're telling me everything!" Nejire replied, literally buzzing with excitement, as she couldn't stay in one spot. As Ochako heard this conversation, she thought back to the group of teenage boys who were exiting the Karaoke bar when they got there, and she assumed that Kota was one of them. Walking up to Izuku, she tapped him on the shoulder, glancing at Himiko as she did, their 'conversation' in the car still annoying her even now.

"So, are you going to sing?" Ochako asked, as she saw Izuku lift his head from his phone, his eyes fluttering for a second, although the darkness of the room made it hard to see. Nevertheless, she could easily make it out, that sparkle in his eyes never fading.

"Probably not, I'd rather watch everyone else go up, although Eri's going to sing, so that'll be fun." Izuku replied, trying not to remember how flustered he got when he heard Ochako's muffled voice earlier on. Even if the sound was muted, he could easily make out that it was her voice, that angelic voice was something he could never forget.

Ochako, wanting to make a statement to no one in particular, decided to be a bit bold,
"Oh come on, I'm sure your voice can't be that bad. Tell you what, if you sing, I'll sing along with you, okay?" She asked, disguising her attempt at getting close to him as moral support, which it was to a certain extent, but even she couldn't lie to herself.
"This is fine, you're fine. All you need to do is stand next to him as he's singing and sing along...so then why are you thinking about him topless? So what if his skin looks smooth and soft, and his abs are the best feeling things in the world? What do you know, it's not like you've touched them... yet- GODAMN IT OCHAKO STOP IT BEFORE YOU-" She thought to herself, going redder and redder as she did before her train of thought was interrupted.

"Hey, Ochako! Can we sing together?!" Himiko asked, her face and smile as innocent as a child, but the permanent leer in her eyes made her look cunning as ever, even if she didn't have an ounce of ill intent in her body, at least, in her opinion.

"W-well I was just asking Iz-Izuku if he wanted to sing with me, so, maybe after?" Ochako replied, caught off guard by Himiko's interruption, as she got her less than appropriate thoughts out of her mind.

"What?! Oh come on, why don't all three of us sing? It'll be fun!" Himiko asked, grabbing onto Ochako and Izuku's arms, dragging them towards the stage, her actions paralleling those of a child's, this being something Izuku was used to at this point, although that didn't mean he was very good at tolerating it.

"I-I think it'll be better with just a duet, but maybe you can sing with Eri? She's about to go up" Izuku pointed out, hoping that would distract Himiko.

"Hmmm, fine! But then I want to sing one with you Izu!" Himiko replied, adamant about her wishes, as Ochako looked at her with a bit of shock, and an even smaller tinge of jealousy, as she tried to control herself, but one proper look at the blonde told Ochako that she didn't ask Izuku that to steal him from her, it was just for her own, admittedly childish fun. Feeling bad, she spoke up, not wanting one of her only friends to hate her.
"Tell you what, Izuku and I will do one, then you and him, and finally, I'll do one with you, sound fun?"

"Really? Thanks so much, Ochako!" Himiko explained, giving her new friend a big hug, before going back to the sofas at the other side of the karaoke room, as Eri had gotten up on stage, with Ochako and Izuku sitting down as well, waiting for the younger girl's performance.

Eri took a deep breath in and started to sing one of her favourite songs: Peace Sign by Kenshi Yonezu.

Oh, woah, ohh
Oh, woah, ohh
Oh, woah, ohh ohh

[Verse 1]
Well, it's strange my head is rememberin'
How the airplane flying overhead
Looks so effortless, but I cannot guess
Why it lingers in my mind
Evening after this, I'm a crying mess
And to be stronger now, my only wish
So I can finally have the bravery
So I can reach on up to the sky

[Pre-Chorus 1]
This cruel fate engraving
It's carved into the stone
Hoping it reveals itself all to me and then I will
Know just where to go
This moment, this moment
I know that I can breathe
Hanging on a feeling... believe in
My only meaning!

[Chorus]
I hear a voice a' calling, telling me to risk it
Asking if I have been going the distance
Singing with a passion that I cannot deny

Singing for the courage that I'm dying to show!
With my peace sign up when I say goodbye
Write a story of a hero!

[Verse 2]

[Pre-Chorus 2]
I'm kicking, I'm biting
Impossible to breathe
Going down below the depths of my troubled head
And I can feel my stomach heave
I see it, I need it
It calms the blood that beats
If only I could touch it, enough that
It's mine for keeping

[Chorus]
I hear a voice a' calling, telling me to risk it
Asking if I have been going the distance
Singing with a passion that I cannot deny
My eyes are swollen with the tears that I've been crying
But, to the rest of the world, ever-smiling
Singing for the courage that I'm dying to show!
With my peace sign up when I say goodbye
Write a story of a hero!

[Bridge]
Those days gettin' rowdy, gettin' bloody, I was
All scraped, gettin' worn and gettin' dirty, now I

I could apologize for sleeping in a chrysalis and
With every passing night, I wish that I was leaving it and
I swear that I'll be back again!

Oh, woah, ohh
Oh, woah, ohh
Oh, woah, ohh ohh
Oh, woah, ohh
Oh, woah, ohh
Oh, woah, ohh

[Chorus]
I hear a voice a' calling, telling me to risk it
Asking if I have been going the distance
Singing with a passion that I cannot deny
My eyes are swollen with the tears that I've been crying
But, to the rest of the world, ever-smiling
Singing for the courage that I'm dying to show!

With my peace sign up when I say goodbye
Write a story of a hero!
With my peace sign up when I say goodbye
Write a story of a hero!

After the performance of a lifetime, the applause was all Eri heard, amongst the cheers of Izuku and Nejire, who were blown away by how good Eri was at singing, not expecting her to be this good.

"Eri that was amazing! I can't believe you're that good! I can see why that Kota kid likes you now though~" Nejire teased, as Eri's already embarrassed state only got worse.

"Shut up!! This is exactly why I didn't want to tell anyone, and like I told Izuku, I don't even know if I like him!" Eri replied, before walking over to the sofa, not giving Nejire a chance to respond to her.

"Anyways, who's up next?" Nejire inquired, as Ochako and Izuku stood up.

"We'll go, then it's me and Himiko" Ochako replied, as Nejire smiled at the two of them

"Have fun on the mic you two, and make sure to stay close together, okay?" Nejire said, a hint of suggestiveness in her voice, as she sat down next to her cousin, happy that she was getting along with everyone this time, as the periwinkle-haired princess wrapped her arm around Himiko, who returned in kind.

"So, what song shall we sing?" Izuku asked, a little nervous, as he kept looking to Katsuki, who had the biggest shit-eating grin on his face, loving the situation that his best friend had ended up in.

"Let's go with this one!" Ochako exclaimed, picking out a more recent favourite of hers: Odd Future by Uverworld

You ready?
Are you excited?
Let's go

[Verse 1]
Once you know a part, you'll get high
You won't dislike the starlight
You'll have room to enjoy the contradictions

If you're last, then you're last (one step)
so you'll drown in yourself (one step)
and everything will come easily (one step)

There's no worth in an unending today
That's right, this is just play too
Disturbing the reason why we naturally keep away

[Chorus]
Dreaming - going against my intentions
The square sky's unable to fill the gaps in my heart
Let's escape from this endless night
Our future resolution drops, and if we look away
we'll have days we've bragged there was nothing we wanted to be

Odd future

[Verse 2]
It's all reaping what I sow
Dark pasts I've built up like they grow on trees
Throwing away every single thing
Almost been killed before by a fate I know nothing about
A period I've lived with dead eyes
But still, the fact I'm being kept alive today...

What's going on?
Yeah, there are still things you've left undone, right?
Even in these days you can't redo
What's going on?
After you've acknowledge you're different from others
a crucible of possibilities will open

Tears - their meaning blurs and disappears
New days - let's overwrite things over and over
Do your best?
Are you excited?
Synapses that everything passes through
I wanna do it; let's escape from the black curtain opposing us

Odd future

[Chorus]
Dreaming - going against my intentions
The square sky's unable to fill the gaps in my heart
Let's escape from this endless night
Our future resolution drops, and if we look away
we'll have days we've bragged there was nothing we wanted to be

I keep my ideals
We each have our own lives
My love and dreams are so dangerously easy to ignite
The gong sounds and we each have our own destines

(A/N: For this one, the lyrics didn't show which parts were the verses and choruses, so I had to use my judgement for that. If I got it wrong, please do tell me in the comments)

As the duo finished the final line, they were both out of breath and smiling like madmen. What started as a nervous and awkward experience transformed into a magical three minutes and forty-six seconds, as their voices,  their timings, even their breaths seemed to be intertwined, their lives, fates as well, almost as if the two of them were destined to meet. But for now, they didn't need to ponder or concern themselves with any of that, as they looked back at their friends, who were yelling out of pure excitement, as they too could feel their energy come through with their singing.

"You two were quite a good pair, in fact, you're probably one of the best, if not the best" Mirio began, his voice sounding slightly put on, as he sounded akin to an announcer rather than his usual self.

"Mirio it's not a competition, and even then, we're the first ones up, so why are you speaking like-" Izuku replied, confused by his friend's demeanour, until he was cut off by the over the top third year.

"Well, just you wait because my sworn ally is here to take you down a notch!" Mirio proclaimed, making a grand gesture as he pointed to the door of the room, which everyone picked up on, as the group fell silent and looked at it until the silence was broken by a ringtone, which Mirio realised was his own, and he picked up the phone.

"Which room are you in again Mirio?" Tamaki asked as he tried to find the room Mirio said he and all the others were in.

"I told you it was room 2-D! You ruined everything Tamaki!" Mirio replied as everyone collectively and almost in unison rolled their eyes, figuring out what Mirio was up to now.

"Ruined what? You know what, knowing you it's probably something dumb. I'll be there in two minutes" Tamaki replied, as apathetic as ever, before hanging up the phone.

"So that was Tamaki, and he's here now...so uh, since my grand reveal was ruined, um, anyone got anything to say? Anything to break the awkward silence?" Mirio asked, slightly embarrassed now, but still keeping a smile on his face, no matter what.

"You're an awkward silence" Eri muttered, as Mirio facepalmed, disappointed in her.

"Really? That was what you decided to say? Eri you're better than this" Mirio stated, sitting down on the sofa again, as Izuku and Ochako followed suit, with Nejire and Eri still standing, as not everyone could fit on the sofa.

"Better than saying nothing, and it's definitely better than embarrassing yourself, idiot." Eri remarked, snickering at her own joke before the door opened, as a very tired Tamaki trudged his way into the room.

"I guess we're all together for a final night of fun?" Tamaki asked, as the rest of his family smiled and laughed a bit, each and every one of them content, and excited for the rest of the night...

A/N: And that's another one done! And it's done on time! LET'S GOOOOO!!! I'm so glad to actually be back, although I say that, and I may have to go for 2-3 weeks, I'll see. But all of that aside, I really hope you enjoyed this chapter, and that it was good! I'm sure I'll get a lot of comments about the songs in here, so that'll be fun to read.
Until next time though, have a nice day!

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

17.8K 500 20
[ DISCLAIMER : This story is currently being rewritten so I'd recommend going to my account and finding the new one. It has the same name and cover...
64.9K 2.8K 19
Quirkless doesn't mean useless but because of how quirkless kids are being treated they often end up dead.. Izuku Midoriya is a kid that was born qui...
8.8K 378 33
Quirkless AU [Book 2] Started: April 12, 2023 Ended: Both Midoriya and Uraraka will face something they aren't ready for, a family and become parents...
454 13 1
Ochako has always been a goody-two-shoes ever since she was a little girl. And now, Ochako is eighteen and in the most prestigious university in all...