AGAINST ALL ODDS | BNHA X AC

By FUJI_SEN

This is a BNHA and Assassination Classroom crossover Fanfic. Nagito Serin wanted to change the world, wanted... More

🖇·˚ ༘ ┊͙[BEFORE READING THIS STORY] ! ˊˎ
✒ ACT 1; ❝ START OF SOMETHING NEW ❞
╰┈✎ 00; ❝ GRADUATION ❞
╰┈✎ 01; ❝ ENTRANCE EXAMS ❞
╰┈✎ 02; ❝ QUIRK ASSESSMENT ❞
╰┈✎ 03; ❝ ACADEMICS ❞
╰┈✎ 04; ❝ COMBAT TRAINING ❞
╰┈✎ 05; ❝ CAT LOVERS ❞
╰┈✎ 07; ❝ SEEDS OF DOUBT ❞
╰┈✎ 08; ❝ PREPARATIONS ❞
╰┈✎ 09; ❝ ISOLATED ❞

╰┈✎ 06; ❝ TURN OF EVENTS ❞

962 50 5
By FUJI_SEN

TEASER

The way she moved and attacked,
It was as if she had experienced, no. .
She did have experience from the way she moved and evaded so efficiently that it sent shivers to their bones, wondering. .

What type of training ǝ̷ɹ̷n̷ʇ̷ɹ̷o̷ʇ̷ did she go through to get that skilled.

Serin was adapting to her new environment quite well. Being able to go back to her more busy schedule.

From waking up early to jogging around her area. To doing the basic necessities to live, rewriting and copying notes for Shinso then to tutoring kids as a part time job while getting tutored herself by Gakushu and sometimes Karma (though not at the same time) to catch up on Kunugigaoka's curriculum.

Then she had a few things to edit for her hobby, visit a few places with Kanzaki and there was something she and karma were planning, totally not a a prank on a certain someone.

Finally changing to a fresh set of clothes she set off on her way to school. The door closed as she saw the last glimpse of her apartment fade.

Shoes clicking with each step she took. It was a very peaceful day outside and fortunately the media had stopped crowding at the school gates after the last incident that was still fresh on her mind.

Time went by like a breeze, it was like she blanked out when she realized it was lunch time and she was having lunch with none other than Shinso.

She took out a small stack of pages that were grouped together by binder rings and gave it to Shinso.

He blinked surprise, it was only a few days since he accepted her offer. He had expected it would take longer to rewrite notes, she clearly made an effort to make the notes presentable and clear for him.

Her handwriting was much more neater as she didn't have to write faster like she did in classes when her teachers orally explained the lesson. Highlighted statements and meanings of vocabulary with even referenced materials.

"That was fast. . How much time did you use for this?" He asked flipping through the pages as he felt an unknown feeling, it was gratitude? Or was it guilt for making her waste time on him?

"Sufficient amount. Don't worry, I was the one who offered to help you so it only means that I go plus ultra." She sipped her strawberry milkshake, it was sweet and cold, just how she liked it.

"You didn't stay up late did you?"

"Not for this I assure you." She answered and tilted her head "Speaking of time, you should start eating. Otherwise you won't have enough time for it."

She was right, she already finished her lunch and was just finishing her milkshake while he still had his half-eaten lunch infront of him. Pushing the notes to the side he started eating.

'the ramen and tempura was delicious too. .' she thought blissfully sipping the milkshake. "You must really like strawberries." He suddenly said remembering the times he shared lunch with the girl.

The most notable thing was how she always had strawberries, sometimes strawberry snacks or drinks like today or just a bowl of strawberries.

"It isn't a meal without strawberries." She had stated "Everybody has their food preferences or habits. A teacher of mine had a sweet tooth."

"So you like strawberries?" He pondered something. "Would that mean you're into strawberry blonds?"

An image of Gakushu had flashed in her mind, the silver haired girl shrugging it off "how would you come across that idea?"

He was silent, giving her a deadpan look "No matter how I look at it, you either have a really good poker face or you were born with a face of a doll."

She has scoffed "I've been called a doll by a friend." Which was Gakushu. "Friend? A boy?" he asked.

Upon nodding He hummed, "I won't call you doll then, that can be his special nickname for you." he said.

"Does that mean you're giving me a nickname?"

He was quiet, realizing what he had said. Would it be too presumptuous of him? They only met for a few days, were they even close enough? Were they even friends?

"Sorry Shinso I don't think we should be friends anymore."

"His quirk is so villainous so don't stay close with him."

"You know that Shinso guy? I heard he controls people with his quirk."

His quirk was something that had pulled him down. Classmates were either making jokes of what he could do with his quirk unknowingly offending him, people labelling his quirk as villainous and by extension him.

That's why he had hesitated to tell the girl infront of him about his quirk. He feared that her golden eyes would turn colder and distrusting.

Eyes that he was used to looking at him from behind. Piercing gazes of cautious people who wouldn't trust him.

"Are you okay?" She asked snapping himself out of his doubts. He nodded, averting his eyes away from hers "Yeah, I was just thinking whether anyone called you Ice Queen? It suits you." He said taking a sip from his juice.

"As a matter of fact, yes, that was my class nickname for an activity." She didn't seem to offended at the nickname so she probably didn't mind it.

"What should I call you though..." Serin wondered "Cat Lady?"

He shot her an annoyed looked as she shrugged. Shinso could have sworn he saw her lips tugged to a teasing grin.

Serin wasn't as cold as she made herself to be, she was just to. . Stiff he noted. As if she wasn't used to socializing though he shouldn't be saying anything as he was slightly the same as her "I'm surprised you don't sit with your classmates." he suddenly admitted.

"I don't think I can relate to whatever they're talking about. Besides I'm not used to socializing with too many people, plus you aren't nosy."

"Maybe I am and you just haven't noticed." he said "Maybe I'm collecting information about you to stab you behind your back. Or maybe I'm just waiting until you let your guard down." Man he was making himself to be a bad person again.

"Highly unlikely" she said with so much confidence he had faltered "do you wanna know why? Shinso?" She propped her hand up by the table as she leaned her head on the palm of her hand.

"Alright surprise me."

"You are a nice person."

"How are you so sure?" he asked raising a brow. "We aren't close, I didn't even tell you my quirk. How can you trust me so easily?"

Her lips formed a smirk "Intuition."

He was silent at her words, then tilted his head away from her, mumbling "you shouldn't trust people so easily"

Serin didn't bother to point out his red tipped ears. Not noticing how her words had made an impact towards his self-esteem.

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

"What do you think we'll do for hero basic training, Nagito?" Kaminari asked curiously. A few of the 1-A students were already waiting for their teacher in the classroom. Conversing with each other about the next class that they eagerly awaited.

"Hm probably practical training considering we did start with combat training. Maybe different maneuvers and protocols." She answered making the boy nod with a hum "I just hope it isn't a boring lesson."

"Maybe it's just because you can't understand it " Sero teased the boy who pouted "It's not my fault I can't understand it!"

"Well you better study at home since we have a quiz on mathematics tomorrow." Iida informed the boy who had gasped, shouting how he forgot it and was doomed

Serin raised her hand towards him "If you're having trouble you can ask me for assistance." She offered.

"What really?" He asked quickly appearing infront of her. "Of course." She nodded, happy or relief to be able to help a fellow classmate once more.

"For now though you can borrow this to look over" she handed him a notebook with writing on the cover.

U.A. - Mathematics
1st Year | Nagito Serin

"Thank you! You're an angel!" He cried raising the book as if it was a trophy or something priceless. "An an angel? That's too much. ." She awkwardly said looking down at her hands.

A flash of red as her hands seemed to be covered in blood. A memory. 'yeah demon is a more suitable word for me.' she thought her hands slightly shook as she held them together tightly.

"What are you kidding me? You're so nice and smart! If not an Angel then a Goddess would suit you!" Kaminari argued and it seemed Mina agreed yet pulled him away "stop flirting with Serin!"

"Hey I wasn't!" He huffed with another pout on his face "I genuinely mean it! I wasn't even thinking of flirting with her!"

"Go sit down."

"H-hai Aizawa-sensei!" they flinched seeing their teacher waiting at the front as they scrambled to their seats, thinking 'when did he get here?!'

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

"For today's hero basic training. It's turned into a class with three instructors. All Might, me and one more person" Aizawa started.

Sero raised his hand "Hai! What will we be doing exactly?" he asked. In response Aizawa pulled a flash card with One word.

Rescue.

"Disasters, shipwreck and everything in between. It's rescue training"

The class started to get noisy. Bursting with energy and excitement, some stating how they'll do great in specific field.

'hm I don't think I ever did a rescue operation. The capture the flags game we did was different considering we did bribery and it was more like an evasion type of training.' Serin sweatdropped realizing she would have no knowledge of the lesson if she didn't study in advance.

Though she knew there was a difference between knowing the lesson and being able to act during it.

"Hey, I'm not done. You can decide if you want to where your costume or not this time. Because there are probably costumes that limit your abilities, too." pressing the remote the shelves with the costumes appeared.

"The training will take off-campus, so we'll be taking a bus. That is all, start getting ready"

As serin entered the changing rooms with costume in hand, she disappeared into a cubicle and changed quickly, having the spare time she changed her hair up and tied it to a bun, with a braid securing it. And a rose clip at the center of it.

'that should keep my hair secure.' she thought.

After placing their uniforms in the lockers, she and Asui had walked together to the area where the bus would pick them up and take them to the area Aizawa had vaguely stated where the lesson would take place.

They chatted with each other for the time being as they waited. Discussing mostly about their hobbies and interests.

Serin had found out that the green haired girl preferred the rainy season and her favorite food was jelly. While her friend found out that she liked cats and had finally received confirmation that Serin loved strawberries.

Their conversation was cut short though when Iida asked the silver haired girl assistance in forming a line for the class to enter the bus in an orderly fashion.

Though that idea went down the drain when Iida had made a mistake regarding the type of bus they would be using which caused him to slightly sulk in his seat much to her amusement.

Serin had then found herself seated next to Todoroki Shoto, a quiet individual that although she sat close to him they had rarely conversed. It was no problem for her as she wasn't in the mood to converse when her eyes drifted to the knife strapped to the side of one of her thighs.

It was properly concealed and was very sharp. It wasn't unsettling for her as it provided her with a sense of relief, no her problem was with her last conversation with the school's faculty.

It had reminded her that they knew her past and clearly some of them did not trust her.

"We've granted your request on using a knife." Principal Nezu said as she was in the principal's office with Aizawa-sensei. She almost scoffed, truth be told she knew she didn't have to get permission considering she didn't ask a firearm to be added but a knife and if she did have it, it was supposed to go through the government. Not the School.

She focused her eyes at the steel blade in her hand, sharp and shiny. It was well kept and maintained.

"But you must only use it with the approval of your teachers." He warned the girl who stayed calm. She wondered whether Nezu had atleast mentioned her use of a knife to the government.

She merely nodded her head adding"I won't harm anyone unless for self defense." "That can be compromised." he said with a nod, much to the displeasure of one of the faculty members that were part of the meeting, who's green eyes had showed that he knew something or better yet some things about her apart from her past with E class the year before.

She bowed "Thank you for trusting me." Despite her words she clearly disliked the event.

Having a knife wasn't really questioned as even her current teacher, Aizawa had a blade behind his back for emergencies and for combat so there was nothing wrong with her having one, being skilled with different weapons after all it was highly unlikely she injure herself or others with it by accident. If it did happen, it would be embarrassing for her.

"-Well if you're talking about flashy and strong" Kirishima turned saying as serin finally snapped out of her thoughts "It's gotta be Todoroki and Bakugo huh?"

"Bakugo's always mad, so he doesn't seem like he'll be popular though" Asui said. "What the hell?! You wanna fight?!" Bakugo turned and yelled at her.

He was only proving her point. Serin sighed making Todoroki spare me a glance.

"What about you Nagito?" Midoriya's voice caused her to turn to the green haired boy "You were pretty strong and fast." He explained.

"My quirk mainly increased my speed, Not flashy but helps me with hand to hand combat." She vaguely explained. "Then you learned all your moves on your own?" Kirishima asked.

Serin slowly nodded "Some of them, I had a great teacher and some friends who I trained with."

"I think you should smile more. You don't seem approachable with your stoic face." Hagakure said out of the blue causing her lips to purse "Maybe you are the type that has a really pretty smile but smiles rarely." Mina wondered off.

"You have a very Beautiful smile, please smile more from now on."

"Woah you have a beautiful smile! Serin-chan!"

She shook her head as it sunk deeper into her scarf to hide the frown on her face, she couldn't smile much, she couldn't force herself to when there was no reason to smile. Even when she smiles, It just happens. 'Maybe that's why Gakushu calls me a doll, my face lacks emotion.'

They continued talking a bit and she made no move to say anything more. Finally they arrived and entered a dome like building where they saw a hero in an astronaut designed costume.

The hero was known as Thirteen.

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

'Where am I?'

Serin looked at the area around her, snow feel lightly. She was probably in one of the domes inside the USJ.

Her mind replayed the recent events. Villains, villains had managed to get in the building and jammed the communications.

She clicked her tongue, Aizawa had decided to jump down into the fray and deal with the villains to give the class and Thirteen time to escape.

They did just that or actually, planned to do that when they were blocked by a villain with a warp quirk. The villain seemed like a fog, having no concrete body from the looks of it, rather polite but still seemed to have bad intentions.

Things escalated when Bakugo and Kirishima had dived into attack, 'rather rashly and stupid of them to get in the way of Thirteen' Serin bluntly thought.

She took a deep breath "I guess it's time I dealt with you" she said loudly for the villains creeping around her to hear.

She tilted her head, looking at one villain specifically who flinched at her cold glare "seeing as I'm the only one here and my classmates are scattered around this villain infested building. I should wrap things up quickly."

╭┈────────── ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ-

╰┈➤ ❝ SECRETS FILES ❞        

┆ ❐ Decided to cut the scene between arriving at
┆ USJ and the villains arriving since there wasn't
┆ any changes regarding the scene even if Serin
┆ was there.

A/n: Sorry this was so late, exams actually started for me and I'm trying to deal with projects quickly so I can have more time for this.

Bright side, planning to write a Genshin Impact Ff, rewriting the Rinse Eirin Book and possibly a Haikyuu related ff. But of course it'll take a long time for those.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 11.6K 43
Midoriya's an assassin. An assassin from Class 3e of course! He's gotten into UA and is in Class 1a! Now all that's left to do is to occasionally do...
359 5 20
Nagisa Shiota. Student of the Assassination Classroom. Outside of his skills of kiling, he's not really anything special to the naked eye. Fate thoug...
1M 39.7K 169
You're sort of a slut. And a spy. A slutty spy. (does contain lemons - I've marked those chapters!) #1 bnhafanfic on Dec 29, 2020! #1 bakugoxreader...
24.2K 996 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...