Meet Me Here

By Claire_ry

Childhood. Everyone has a different childhood story growing up. Fond stories, memories, photographs. These we... More

Prologue: Childhood Sweethearts
Meet the Camp Counsellors
Chapter 1: Memory Walk
Chapter 2: Rise and Shine
Chapter 3: Camp Spirit
Chapter 4: Your Type
Chapter 5: Thoughts
Chapter 6: Four Words
Chapter 7: The Green Note
Chapter 8: Last Summer
Chapter 9: Big Baby
Chapter 10: Midnight Calls
Chapter 11: Let You Go
Chapter 12: Warrior
Chapter 13: One More Light
Chapter 14: Fly Away
Chapter 15: Autumn Leaf
Chapter 16 Emails (Text Version)
Chapter 17: A Prayer Heard
Chapter 18: My Best Years
Chapter 19: Grief
Epilogue: Meet Me Here
Author's Note

Chapter 16: Emails

326 44 20
By Claire_ry

A/N: Credits: My boyfriend for inspiring most of Binnie's emails. I only tweaked them a little to suit MMH and Binnie's speech patterns

☼ ☼ ☼

October 3, 3021

October 4, 3021

October 20, 3021

October 29, 3021

November 2, 3021

November 19, 3021

December 23, 3021

December 24, 3021

January 2, 3022

January 12, 3022

☼ ☼ ☼

The emails gradually stopped coming shortly after New Year's Day.

While other couples embraced the new year together, Ye Jin had been huddled up in her bed, wondering if her boyfriend was doing alright. The celebration around her only served to mock her, for life wasn't as smooth-sailing as they believed it to be.

Hyun Bin has to live, right?

He was still fighting, every single second, every hour, every day just to be with her again one day.

When one couldn't do anything, all they could do was pray.

So on New Year's Day, that was exactly what she did. Kneeling on her bed in front of the window, Ye Jin prayed with tears streaming down her face, that if there was one prayer that God would answer, it was this one.

Please spare Hyun Bin's life.

But after Hyun Bin's last email that held a sense of urgency and premonition, Ye Jin wasn't so sure if God had heard her that night.

Miles away from each other, Ye Jin didn't know that Hyun Bin had been rolled into surgery that January nor did she know that it was his final fight to live and dream of a future together. Their future.

Because of that, she wouldn't have known whether the outcome of that surgery was a prayer heard...

...or unheard.

The thing is, prayers are always heard by God but, it's a fact that he worked in mysterious and sometimes unthinkable ways.

Still, she prayed every day, waiting for any signs of life from her boyfriend. The first few days were spent justifying the lack of replies.

Maybe he was tired. Maybe he lost his laptop. Maybe he was taking a long nap.

But when the emails never came even after her birthday, Ye Jin knew that there was something very wrong with her boyfriend. He has never ever missed a birthday greeting. Never.

That disappointment she felt that day wasn't because he hadn't wished her but because she had hoped that her worries could be eased by his email.

Except, it never came...

Even after she sent out another email the day after her birthday, his email never came.

Just like that, Hyun Bin fell off the face of the Earth and Ye Jin didn't know where to even begin looking for her boyfriend.

But she held on... Hyun Bin would get better soon.

She knew then that this would never go back to normal – if it ever was. It's been months of hoping and she keeps saying it because...

She had to...

...that was until the letter came.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 224 34
"His ambitions stood as towering walls, yet her presence was the key that unlocked his vulnerability." Rich, hardworking, and a titan of industry, Se...
26.6K 1.3K 37
Huening Kai and his half-brother, Jaehyun are living together while Huening Kai goes to school. After a lifetime of abuse from his adopted mother. Ja...
28.4K 2K 50
Its been 10 years since Ye Jin's mom remarried to a nice man with a son. Unfortunately never once Hyun Bin, her step brother wanted to meet Ye Jin an...
47K 2.3K 14
Growing up together, you had always thought that he would always be a part of your life forever, until he suddenly chose a different path, leaving yo...