Perfectly Wrong For Me

נכתב על ידי CalmDeniseWrites

"Whatever you have that stupid grin on your face for, the answer is no. No smoking, no guns, none of your Maf... עוד

1. First Encounter
2. And, Action!
3. A-Hole
5. He's back
6. Craps
7. How we met
8. Just Friends
9. Everyone needs a Val
10. Silly, Silly, Connor
11. Birthdays
12. Chapter Title: Unavailable
13. No panties
14. Eye contact is the key
15. Dinner With Stones
16. Rest in Peace
17. Attention: Secured
18. Wasted
19. My treat
20. Target guy sucks
21. Butterflies
22. Secrets revealed
23. Act natural: Failed
24. Wedding things
25. Married.. or not?
26. Heartbreaks
27. The L Word
28. Ride or die
•Epilogue•
From the Author

4. Lies, lies and more lies

18.9K 571 545
נכתב על ידי CalmDeniseWrites

Diana

"Momma, are you going to work today?" Fiona asks as she throws her backpack on.

"Yes. Momma has work today Fiona."

That, technically, wasn't exactly a lie. I was going to work. Just not as a nurse today. I was able to get the day off. Since my boss was married to Valentina, it wasn't as hard to get some days off. That was the only advantage of working as a nurse in the Southern Springs Hospital.

Today I was going to meet Dante at the police station for questions with the detective. He had sent me the address last night after his little drop by.

I didn't want to be late, so I hurriedly threw my hair in a ponytail and picked up my bag as I had already gotten dressed. With Fiona dressed, we were ready to roll. We walk out of the apartment and I lock the door. Lily is already outside, ready to take Fiona to school. I was extremely grateful she was able to take her today.

"Are you sure I can't drop you off to wherever you're going, Diana?" She asks as Fiona gets in the car.

"Yep. I'm absolutely fine."

"You know I'd be happy to ta-"

"I know Lily. Trust me. I appreciate the offer, but I'm good. I can get there myself perfectly fine. You just make sure you get my baby to school safely."

I didn't want Lily to get suspicious when she saw I needed to go to the police station.

With one last goodbye, they drive off and I don't waste any time rushing off to the bus stop. Since it was nearby, I was there in no time. Now the hard part was waiting for the bus. I didn't know whether it would come in fifteen minutes or thirty. That was usually the schedule. And since it was already eight thirty, and Dante said to be there before nine, I prayed it was fifteen.

Taking my headphones, I change my playlist on my phone to soft tunes as I wait for the bus to arrive. That was really all I ever listened to. My life is always chaotic. With raising a feisty, twelve-year-old girl with a southern accent and a personality of a middle-aged man, life wasn't exactly peaceful. As well as being a nurse and not to mention the sudden hot, egomaniac Mafia boss who had just entered my life. I hated him to the core, but he made that same core feel some type of way.

I didn't understand how someone that good looking could be such an asshole. But again, they usually were.

My thoughts are interrupted when a Black Maserati stops in front of the bus stop.

The windows roll down and I see Dante. Wearing black shades. I see his mouth move, but I can't hear a word that comes out of it.

"What?" I ask. His mouth moves again, but I still hear nothing come out.

"What?" I ask again, still not hearing anything.

"Huh?" I take my headphones out and pause the music.

"Get in the fucking car!" I finally am able to hear him shout.

I get up from the bus stop and walk over to his car. Quickly getting in the passenger's seat.

"I told you I could get there myself."

I hated when people assumed I couldn't handle myself as if I hadn't been doing it my whole life.

"And I would have gladly let you do so. "

"Then why are you here?"

"The detective is going to be asking us questions on whether we're legit or not."

I could have sworn he had just told me this yesterday.

"We're going to have to know a little about each other if we want it to go well. The more we know, the less time we'll have to spend engaged."

I nod, "Well, what do you want to know?"

He begins driving as he replies, "Start off with the basics. When's your birthday?"

"August twentieth, nineteen-ninety-seven. What about you?"

"May second, nineteen-ninety-seven."

Not bad of an age difference. Not bad at all. Especially compared to the previous men I've had in my life.

"Parents' names?"

I shudder at the mention of my parents and quickly try to move past this question as soon as possible. "Kayla and Theodore Ambrose."

He turns to me and raises an eyebrow as he drives, and I look away. "Alright. You wanna get past that subject pretty fast. What's the rush? Daddy issues or something?"

"Daddy's dead." I reply plainly.

"Mommy issues?"

"Mommy's dead too."

"Well damn." He goes silent for a second before changing the subject.

"Favorite color?"

"Red. You?"

"Orange." Dante answers, and I am shocked by his response.

"Your favorite color is actually orange?"

"Yeah. Not that extremely bright bullshit. But the warm orange. Kind of reddish. Reminds me of the sunset, I guess."

"Wow. I've never seen a sunset before." I say, now thinking about it. It was rare I even got out of the house as a kid and now as an adult, it was only to go to work or take Fiona to school. Well, accept now.

"Never?" He turns to me, surprised.

"Nope. "

He turns back to the road with a shocked expression as he turns down the street. I feel relaxed as we sit in silence. Something I haven't felt in a while.

Clearing my throat before I speak I say, "Ask some more questions."

"Are you a virgin?" He turns to me with a grin. I notice we have arrived at the police station as he stops the car.

I roll my eyes, "Why yes, of course. If you haven't noticed, I'm the purest, innocent little angel you'll ever meet," I reply sarcastically as we get out of the car.

He chuckles, his voice sounding gravelly as we begin to walk into the station.

I've been to a police station countless times in my life. But none of them were involved with being fake engaged to a Mafia leader, that was for sure.

One of the police officers sitting at their desks made us take a seat on the chairs until the detective was ready for us.

I sit my bag down next to me as I sit down. Looking over at Dante, I watch him move his hips up, adjusting himself. When he catches me, he grins, "See something you want?"

I huff, "As if. I bet it's so small. "

He smiles and nods, "Mm-hmm. It's hella small, baby." He adjusts himself again, showing his dick print, and I get a glance at the size of it before he walks away to get a sip of water from the fountain.

Oh, I know it's big.

I knew a thing or two about men. If you tell them their dick is small and they react angrily or offended, then it's a ninety-nine percent chance it's actually small. But if they laugh or react as if it's a joke, it's most likely not small at all.

My mind wanders at that. I picture Dante behind me as my back is-

"You thinkin 'bout it, sweetheart?" He questions as he sits back down.

"No. Hell no. Of course not. Gross." I wouldn't dare give him the satisfaction of knowing the desire I had for him after only knowing him for less than a week.

Emotionally, I hated him. But physically, my body craved him more than anything else.

"Right." He responds.

"And don't call me that."

"What?"

"Baby, sweetheart, none of that. I don't like it."

"Oh, my bad. I have a habit of calling women I think are sexy things like that."

I lean forward, making sure only he can hear me. "I mean it, Dante. There needs to be none of this going on in order for this business deal to work." I say, motioning between him and I.

"I refuse to be one of your little fuck toys. Knowing someone like you, you probably have tons of girls who've you've called that, anyway. This is a business deal. You get the cops off your tail and I get a better life for me and my daughter. That's it, that's all." I finish, leaning back in my seat.

I already messed up by thinking of Dante like that in the first place. I needed to focus.

His grin is no longer there as he sits back in his seat. The same nonchalant expression he had when I got to the third rule yesterday.

"Hi, I am Detective Daniel and I assume you are Dante's fiance?" A man suddenly appears in front of me, his hand held out for me to shake.

I look over at Dante and see his eyes have narrowed further.

"Yep. That's me." I responded, shaking his hand as I tried to sound as natural as possible.

"Right this way." Daniel says, and Dante and I follow him into his office. I notice he doesn't greet Dante at all as we sit down.

Daniel asks basic information about me, such as my name and age. He also informs me about what the questions will be about and how Dante and I will sit in separate rooms when the questions are asked.

He seems distant and frightened by Dante. He doesn't look him in the eye. In fact, he doesn't look at Dante the whole time we are there.

Soon Dante and I are out into separate rooms and the questions begin. I bite my lip nervously as the lady begins.

"How long have you and Mr. Stone been together, Ms. Ambrose?"

"Three years." I say off the top of my head. We hadn't gone over these kinds of questions and I so regretted it right now.

"How often do you see your fiance?"

"We live together so I see him every night." I lie, speaking from the top of my head again.

Gosh, I sure hope they aren't giving Dante the same questions. If they are, we are definitely screwed.

"When did he propose?"

"Around three months ago."

"Are you sure? You paused for a minute b-"

"Yes, how are you going to tell me when my fiance proposed to me? Are you calling me a liar?" I snap. Whenever I was nervous and began to panic, I became snappy.

"No, no. Of course not." She protests.

"It's fine. Just continue."

She continues to ask more questions about Dante's and mine 'Relationship' and I continue to answer with random answers that appear at the top of my head. By the time she is done, I am full on panicking.

I walk out of the room and sit on one of the waiting chairs outside of detective Daniels' office. The lady had told me to wait until she and Daniel had finished discussing things. Not long after, Dante sits next to me.

"You didn't tell me they were going to ask questions about the relationship!"

"What'd they ask you?" He responds calmly.

"One of the questions was, "How long have you and Mr. Stone been together?"

"And what did you say?"

"Three years."

"Three years? You'd wait three whole years before you'd want to get engaged?" He asks, completely ignoring the problem at hand.

"No. I'd wait like a year and an a h-" I cut myself off. "That doesn't matter! What if she saw right through me?"

With that, Daniel's door opens, and he sends us in. When we sit down, I bite my lip, waiting for him to speak.

"Some of your answers were a bit confusing. I must admit, I'm not really convinced you guys are actually together. It just doesn't add up. With Mr. Stone's background record, and you being a nurse and all, it just doesn't seem realistic."

"What more do you fucking want? We answered the damn questions. What else do we need to prove?" Dante asks

Daniel flinches a little at Dante's sudden questioning before answering. "I want to see how you are around your friends and family. "

"What are you saying?" I ask.

"I want to go to dinner with your friends and family. Surely they know you're together, right?"

•••

Hey peeps!

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and if you did please, vote, comment and share!

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

48.1K 738 33
••••• His hand roughly grabs my chin, and my face is pulled closer to his as his lips move towards my ear, his fingers brushing a strand of my hair b...
102K 1.9K 31
WARNING MATURE CONTENT: MENTION OF GRAPHIC CONTENT ABUSE, MURDER, THE USE OF DRUGS WITH MATURE LANGUAGE AND MATURE SCENES. VIEWERS DISCRETION...
325K 6.3K 39
"You're so wet,Kitten." He whispered in my ear. Making me shiver. His finger slowly,circulating on my clit. "You want to feel my big fingers in you...
180K 2.9K 100
!Book one out of four! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wido...